Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Children of Shadow ❯ The Prophecy ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I would hope you've seen enough of these by now to get it through your heads.

Me: Hi everyone!

Marik: No one cares….

Me: Shut up. I don't see why I keep you around.

Marik: Because I'm your inspiration?

Isis: HAH!

Kaiba: Yeah right. Inspiration for what?

Marik: *cough* JEALOUS *cough*

Isis: Marik, the day I will be jealous of you is the day Bakura gets a brain.

Bakura: *blink*

Me: God, stuff it all of you. You're giving me migraine.

Kaiba: Do you even know what migraine is?

Me: At least I can spell it!

Marik: You can? I thought that was the little button called 'spell check'.

Me: Grrr…. *whacks marik with an etch-a-sketch* Now everyone SHUT UP! Ahem- on with the prologue.

******************************************

This is the prophecy that shall be spoken, that is written in stone older than time itself. Whether legend or no, you will surely see in the end- but decide for yourself what is truth and what is lies.

Ten thousand years ago……

Before the pyramids…….

Before the civilization of man……

A feud broke out unlike any other.

This was a feud between two goddesses, both of great power, each wanting to prove their worth to the king of gods and become his queen.

But the fight was swift, and a victor soon emerged. Enraged, the other goddess cast a magic threat down to the Earth. She swore an oath that one day, her decedant would arise and destroy the empire built by the king and queen.

The other goddess responded accordingly, and weaved magic of her own. From the shadows she summoned two protectors, endowing them with great powers, so when this evil would come to life, they could fight it and defend all of Earth. The words she spoke still stand:

From spite arises

So shall from blackness

Hate will be countered by justice

Dark powers come to being

But what from blackness comes

Must return

To fade away after the fight is won

Now, thousands of years later, that magic may be awoken at last…….

******************************************

Me: Yes! It is short!

Kaiba: No dip.

Me: Silence or you shall feel the wrath of the etch-a-sketch!

Marik: *rubbing large cartoon-ish bump on his head* Believe me, it's not pretty.

Isis: Baby.

Me: See you all at the next chapter!