Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Complete Me ❯ A New Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own yugioh.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~

First days of school were never the best for Alex. People were always bringing up exciting and terrible moments that had passed. Sometimes several people Alex didn't even know would say "Hey! Weren't you the one who squirted orange soda out of your nose?" or "Did you sit behind me last year and cut my hair?" Most of them were true but she never admitted it. She entered into the school's courtyard looking around for signs of familiar life forms.

"Alex! Over here!"

The voice of Serenity caught her attention and Alex ran to the huge weeping willow tree she sat under.

"I thought I would have to spend the rest of the day finding someone I knew," said Alex as she sat down and relaxed against the tree.

"Yeah. Joey said he was going to try to find Yugi and the rest but I think he mostly is looking for Mai."

"I don't think he is having much luck." Alex pointed to Joey, who was hopping from one person to another, the gang standing behind him looking confused. The young girls laughed. Serenity was a year younger than Alex. Her eyes had gotten better and less hazy since the operation. It also helped that Duke "volunteered" to take care of her.

"I really hope your brother isn't being too hard on Duke."

Serenity giggled. "No no. Him and Joey have been behaving more like humans since Mai and Joey got together."

BRRRRIIIIINNNGG!!!!!!!!!

"See ya after class Serenity!"

Serenity nodded and they headed into the building.

!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!

The fifteen-minute breaks between each class weren't enough. Some people had tried to send complaint letters to the principal and even the school boards about the short breaks but it didn't seem important to them. Alex went to her locker that was situated next to the water fountain. This place gave her access to the juiciest gossip from the meanest and richest girls. Blackmail was all it took to give her complete power. But she didn't want that attention. Putting the code into her lock she could hear somebody beating up on another.

"Where is the money you owe me?"

"I...I...I'm sorry! I will try to give it to you tomorrow!"

Alex looked around the corner to Bakura picking on his usual victim, Bray. Bray was known to borrow money for games and junk and never give it back. No one ever bothered to get it back because he would always have some black mail that could seriously hurt them. Bakura had no fear. Of course not. He was a 5,000-year-old tomb robber.

"You promised me it three days ago at the arcade! Your exact words were 'I will bring it to you on the first day of school daddy-o'"

The crowd surrounding them laughed.

"P..p..please! Don't hurt me!"

"He will give you the money two days from now" said Alex.

Bakura and all the shocked heads looked at her. Alex and those close to him were the only ones allowed to suggest something to him without getting ripped apart.

"But he is already late in his fees! I can't let him slip another da..."

"I will make sure he gets it to you."

Bakura made a I-hope-you-know-what-your-doing face and let the youth go. He scrambled away, the crowd following him whispering, "You were lucky she was there". Alex walked back to her locker to get her history books for the next class.

"I could've just rearranged his face to get my money."

"Yeah but then he wouldn't be able to locate the money he owes you."

Bakura leaned against steel door of Alex's neighboring locker.

"Yugi and Yami are planning to celebrate the beginning of the year by throwing a party at Yugi's house. They tried to find you but teachers are tight this year. Are you coming?"

Alex closed her door and smiled. "We'll see"

BBRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!!!!

"Damn bell. That is going to drive me up the wall this year. Why did Ryou make me go to school?"

Alex laughed as they walked to the classrooms. "Because he doesn't want to tell you what a toaster was over and over again."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"I'm SOOOOOOO excited!"

Tea jumped into the air several times. Her skirt went up and all the boys covered their eyes.

"This year is going be fun. I'm going to start a cheer squad. Oh and the school council needs your vote."

"For what?" asked Bakura, "How short the girls skirts should really be? OUCH!"

Yugi elbowed him in the ribs.

"No! For what the style of uniforms should be this year. The boys are going to vote on the style, suggest the color then the girls are to choose a style and color."

"You have way too much energy Tea."

All of them turned. Kaiba and Marik were standing there with their arms folded. They were in their last year of high school, which gave them the right to practically rule the school (I'm making the school rules as I go).

"Who invited you here?" asked Joey.

"We are Seniors. We can go wherever we want. Besides, my lil sis is here."

Alex made a dramatic face. "Wow, I feel sooooo loved."

Marik shot her a look but she ignored.

"Why are you really here Marik?"

"Actually I'm not the one who wanted to come. It was our very own Seto Kaiba!"

Marik pretended to be a game show host.

"Nice intro. Now wha..."

"What did ya come here for?" Joey really didn't want them to be here.

"I need to ask Bakura a favor."

"BAKURA?!?" they all said.

Bakura shrugged and went with Marik and Kaiba. The bell rang again and the swarm of teens came into the building. Alex went and grabbed her bag but was stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist. Alex looked and saw it was Duke Devlin. His face had changed a little since Battle City but his eyes were the same beautiful green eyes he had when they first met.

"I need to talk to you."

"Okay. But I really need to get to class."

Duke pulled her away from her bag and over to a nearby fence. Duke looked around to make sure no one could hear them.

"It's about Serenity."

Alex looked a little shocked but knew well this would soon come up. She just didn't expect it now.

"I...um...well..."

"You have a crush on her, right?"

Duke turned pink. "Well...yeah."

Alex sighed. "Just ask her. She would probably love it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think you have a chance. You've taken care of her since the operation so you both know each other really well."

"But...um...what about Joey. He would rip me to shreds and then tell me to take care of her."

"I will take care of Joey. Just take her to the Smoothie Bar down the street at 5 after school and tell her. I will take Joey somewhere, kicking and screaming."

Duke sighed with great relief. "Thanks but...um...how about we just go to their house and I tell her while you keep her busy?"

"Okay. Whatever floats your boat. Now. Off to see the teacher, the wonderful teacher of Oz!"

Duke laughed as they turned to the building. "You really need to stop reading that book."

~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

SF: Chapie 2! Hope you enjoy!