Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Concrete Angel (Based on the song by Martina MacBride) ❯ part 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh, although it would be fun if I did ^_^

Concrete Angel

Part 6

By Yami Kitsune

Bakura woke up when he heard noises coming form the kitchen. He looked over at the clock and saw that it was eight in the morning. He groaned and covered his eyes. What was Ryou doing up this early on a Saturday? He rolled over and pulled the covers over his head trying to go back to sleep.

He cursed when he heard Ryou drop something in the kitchen. Still cursing in Egyptian he pushed himself out of bed to see what his little hikari was up to. He went into the kitchen and found Ryou standing on a chair by the stove cooking eggs and bacon.

Ryou turned and looked at him and Bakura smiled when he saw flower smudged on his cheek and forehead. Ryou's eyes went wide and he jumped down off the chair and ran over to him.

"Bakura! Gomen I didn't mean to wake you up." Ryou said giving him a hug good morning. Bakura looked down at him and then around the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Ryou looked at over his shoulder at the mess and then started pushing Bakura out of the kitchen.

"No you can't look! It's a surprise!" Ryou said pushing Bakura into the living room.

"A surprise? It looked more like a mess to me." Bakura teased. Ryou pouted at him before he went back into the kitchen. Bakura shook his head and decided to go take a shower.

When he got out of the shower he went back into the kitchen to see how Ryou was doing. The table was set and Ryou was just putting the eggs, bacon and pancakes.

"Bakura! Breakfast is ready!" Ryou smiled up at him as Bakura sat down in his chair. Ryou moved the chair away from the stove and climbed up smiling at Bakura.

"So what is the resin for this Ryou?" Bakura asked looking down at the plate.

"Well this is the first weekend you have taken off in a while. And I was hoping we could spend the day together." Ryou asked as a small pout made its way onto his face. Bakura smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Of cores we can spend the day together." Bakura said as they started to eat their food. Ryou gave him a big smile and finished up his breakfast as quickly as he could. Bakura looked at him and shook his head.

"Slow down Ryou, if you chock on your food we wont be able to make it to the park." Bakura said teasing. Ryou just nodded and slowed down his eating. When Ryou was done eating he jumped down and put his plate in the sink. He was about to drag the chair over so he could wash it.

"You can do that latter Ryou. Lets go to the park now." Bakura said standing up putting his plate in the sink as well and walking out of the kitchen. Ryou ran after him and grabbed his coat. He put on his shoes and opened the door.

"Come one Bakura!" He said jumping up and down. It wasn't very often that Bakura would take him to the park. So Bakura understood why he was in a hurry to get there. Ryou grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door and down the hall to the elevator.

"Slow down Ryou. We have all day, the park isn't going any where." Bakura teased and picked Ryou up putting him on his shoulders. Ryou laughed and held onto Bakura's hair making sure he didn't pull it. Bakura had told him before not to worry about pulling his hair that he was used to it. But Ryou still didn't like to pull it too much.

"Oh hello there Bakura, Ryou. And where are you off to this morning?" A woman that lived on the same floor as them asked as she stopped by the elevator as well.

"Bakura's is taking me to the park!" Ryou said. She smiled at him; she had gotten to know Ryou very well ever sense he and Bakura had moved in. Every now and then when Bakura had to work late she would watch Ryou until he got home.

"Oh you finally talked him into getting some fresh air?" She asked in a teasing voice. Bakura just gave her a small glare. She was still annoying but he had gotten used to her after all these years, and he did have to admit she was good with Ryou. The doors opened and Bakura stepped in.

"Well you two have fun." She said and walked down the hall to her apartment. Ryou waved good-bye to her before the doors closed again.

~*~

It had taken longer to get to the park then usual because first they had run into Yami and Yugi who were on their way back to the game shop. Yami wanted to talk to Bakura for a few minutes so Bakura made Ryou go ahead with Yugi for a little bit while he talked to the annoying pharaoh. After that they had run into Malik and Marik who decided to go to the park with them. Joey had been on his way back from Seto's and started goofing off with Ryou for a little while before he left.

By the time they got to the park all the swings were taken, the sand box was full and there were to many people by the pond. Ryou frowned and sat down on the bench.

"Why don't you go play with the other kids Ryou?" Malik asked sitting next to him. Ryou just shook his head.

"I don't like to play with the other kids...they make fun of me." Ryou said. Malik nodded, something's would never change.

"Hey look over there. There is a sand box no one is using." Malik pointed out, he smiled when he saw Ryou's face light up and hop off the bench running over to hit before the other kids noticed it. Bakura watched Ryou play in the sand. He sat down next to Marik on the bench.

"This is hard for you isn't it?" Marik asked. Bakura sighed and nodded.

"Yes it is...I wish the old Ryou was back. I don't know how much more I can wait. Ryou had a dream last night…about his past." Marik stared at him; Bakura hadn't told him that Ryou was having dreams like that.

"Was this the first one he has had?" Bakura nodded.

"I tried to explain to him as well as I could. But I don't think he really understood."

"Well that's understandable. Ryou is only seven after all." Malik said. Bakura turned and glared at him.

"He isn't supposed to be seven! He was not supposed to die that night!" Bakura snapped. Malik and Marik started at him. They knew Bakura had been keeping this bottled up inside, and it was only sooner or latter before he exploded.

~*~

Ryou played in the sand trying to build a small castle. He looked over when he heard Bakura snap at someone. He frowned when he saw that it was Malik. He knew that Bakura was telling them about his dream he had last night. He didn't want to tell Bakura, or any one else for that matter, that, that wasn't his fist dream that he had had like that. It was about his tenth.

He sighed and looked back down at the sand where his small hands were playing with the sand. He smiled a little *this is what it took for Bakura to open up?* he thought. He wasn't going to let on that he was getting all his memories of his past back. And most of them he didn't want. Shrugging he went back to playing in the sand, he was going to enjoy this childhood no matter what.

~*~

Yaten stumbled down the street. He had just gotten out of a bar, he knew it was to early to be drinking but he didn't care any more. He had killed his own son, and he hated him self for it. He prayed day and night that he could get a second chance with his son, but his prays were not being answered. *Is this my punishment for killing him?* he thought as he stumbled past the park.

He turned to look at the kids playing in the sand boxes. Ryou used to love to do that. That's when he caught site of a little silver haired boy playing in the sand box by him self. Yaten's eyes went wide as he stumbled over to where the boy was playing.

"R-Ryou…is that you?" He asked, the little boy turned his head up to look at him. It was Ryou! Yaten smiled, he had found his son!

Ryou looked at him with fear in his eyes. He remembered this man! *No! Not again!* Ryou stood up and started to back away. Yaten reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Wait Ryou, where are you going?" Ryou's fear doubled how did his father recognize him?!

"I-I h-have to go sir." Ryou said as he tried to get his arm away from his father.

"No, don't go Ryou. Come home with me...please I'm sorry about what I did, just give me a second chance!" Yaten said as he moved forward and picked up Ryou. Ryou kicked and screamed.

"KURA!!!" He yelled. Yaten just started walking away with him. He passed a woman that was looking at him. He shrugged.

"Kid's these days. Never want to listen to you ne. Ryou stop that, we have to go home now." Yaten said looking down at Ryou who was still struggling. The woman shook her head.

"I know how that is. Well good luck with him." She smiled and walked away with her own son.

Bakura had heard Ryou's yelling and was now trying to go after Yaten. He cursed the park for being to crowded this early.

"Ryou!" He called after Yaten. Yaten stopped and turned, his eyes went wide when he saw Bakura. He knew who he was, he had met the spirit of the ring a couple of times when he was drunk or pissed off at Ryou. He had thought Bakura was Ryou and tried to beat him up, but only got a beating himself. He saw that Bakura didn't look too happy and started running with Ryou. He saw his friend down the street getting into his car.

"Matsuya! Wait up!" he called. Matsuya looked at Yaten and his eyes went wide when he saw that he was carrying a little kid.

"Yaten! What are you doing?"

"I'll explain latter just get me out of here." Matsuya just got in the car and started it while Yaten got in on the other side with Ryou and they drove off.

Bakura was trying to chase the car, but once it turned to corner he knew he had lost it. Along with Ryou he fell to his knees and just started. Marik and Malik ran up behind him.

"Bakura! What happened?" Malik asked and looked at the spirit and was surprised to find that Bakura had tears streaming down his face, they had only seen Bakura like this after he had lost Ryou.

"It's ok Bakura…we'll get him back. Lets go home and call the others." Marik suggested. Bakura could only nod as he was lifted and led back home.

TBC>>>

Ok what did you think of that chapter? Gomen it took so long to post, I have been REALLY busy lately and haven't had much time to work on my fics. But the next chapter should be up in a couple of weeks or so, or maybe even sooner if I can get a brake! Any way please review and let me know what you think Ja ne!