Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of a Yami ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CONFESSIONS OF A YAMI by Kiraya

~*~*~

I sit here in my soul room and stare at the walls. It is dark, but I am used to the darkness. It is cold, but so am I. Especially to... to you.

I have lived in the darkness for so long... but, even so, a part of me still longs for the light.

I cannot have it. I am the darkness, and darkness is the absence of light. You are the light, and light is the absence of darkness. The opposites balance, and together we are one in spirit -- but in spirit alone. Never one in thought, though this mind encompasses us both; never one in action, though one body we share.

I do not deserve the light. The things I have done -- you know all too well the terrible things I have done. The terrible things I do.

I curse you, and insult you, and, had I a body of my own, I would most likely beat you as well. All because I hate that which, for me, is unattainable -- or so I tell myself.

But I think, deep down, it is because I am -- oh, how I hate to say it -- frightened of you. Even though I am drawn to your radiance, I turn away from it in fear. Fear of the light, the warmth, the... the love.

You always hurt the one you love, they say. And that is what frightens me more than anything. The darkness does not, cannot love. I cannot love. I have never loved, in all my five thousand years.

But, gods help me, I... I think I...

You always hurt the one you love.

I love you, Ryou Bakura.

My aibou.

My hikari... my own sweet light...

~*~*~

owari