Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Control ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!
Control
Part 2
“S-Seto…”
“Yami…what are you doing here?” Seto asked, his face showing his distaste for both the area as well as the man that stood beside them. Seto uncrossed his arms and moved down to a half bow and held a hand out to Yami. Walter took a step back, the trees overhead casting him into the cover of the shadows as he watched the interaction.
“Yami…love…” Seto spoke softly, his eyes gazing into those of deep crimson. Yami was rooted to the spot, body frozen, eyes fixed upon those in front. His heart rate had nearly doubled and he could feel it hammering against his rib cage. He didn't miss the cut on Seto's right cheek; it was closed over, fresh and three white strips running vertically along it. Yami thought, with some satisfaction, that it might just leave a trace of a scar. He tried to swallow, to speak, to say something, but all that came out was a strangled whisper. And once more, unbidden, dulled voices echoed in his ears. The echoes of Seto's words that were spoken coldly and monotonously and a flash of cold eyes that appeared trance like once more curled his insides. And not for the first time did he get the feeling that there was something amiss about the whole situation.
Very slowly, eyes never leaving Seto's, Yami raised his hand up to meet the offered one. He was surprised when the hand he touched was smooth and warm. Seto tightened his grip and pulled Yami to his feet. The both of them were standing mere inches apart, Seto's breath brushing over Yami's face, his thumb lightly stroking the back of his hand. Yami's whole body was stiff, his breathing controlled as he forced himself to not shy away from the intense gaze before him, to not let his knees give out from under him. He refused to let himself be seen as weak.
The grip on his hand eased and Yami slid his hand away and took one step back careful to not fall over the hold all or the curb. His eyes scanned the area to either side of Seto and he was rather surprised to find that the other young man who had been present moments before was no longer there. His ears picked up movement behind him and the faint rustling of leaves, but he willed himself not to turn his back on Seto to investigate it. In the depths of his mind he knew that if it was a danger Seto would let him know, and once more another voice asked him if this were true, considering what had happened less than forty-eight hours ago.
Seto moved forward and Yami stayed his ground, he stiffened his body preparing for any outward movement that could knock him over; but Seto simply picked up the hold all, swung it over his shoulder and held out his hand to Yami who stared at it. `What the hell is going on here' he thought. `This couldn't be right.' Seto was acting as if nothing had happened and it angered Yami. Seto looked back at him, his blue eyes questioning and Yami found himself shaking his head.
“Yami…”
“No.”
“No? No what?”
“I'm not going.”
“What?”
“I said…”
“I heard what you said, but what do you mean by it.”
“Exactly what I said.”
“Why?”
Yami's head shot up and he stared disbelievingly at Seto, daring him to say that he had no idea what he was talking about. His fists clenched and he felt his heart pound and the rush of blood in his ears, his face contorted to expressionless at the simple inquiring gaze that was upon Seto's face. He was surprised to feel his eyes watering and he willed them to stay. He was not going to cry. He was done with it. The hurt that was there before had doubled and was now accompanied by betrayal and anger. How dare he pretend, to appear so calm as if nothing had happened. Yami felt a bubbling in his gut, and he felt dizzy. He narrowed his eyes to clear his vision and blinked only to find that instead of clearing his vision, it had become more blurry. His breathing deepened and he let out a guttural sound and moved forward to Seto and pushed him to the ground with as much strength as he could. All rational thought left him, only those urging him to harm Seto remained.
Seto simply fell backwards caught off guard by the sudden contact from Yami, his head hit the concrete and he felt the hold all's straps from under him dig into his shoulder. He could feel Yami shaking above him and brought his head round to see him only to be met with a fist. Instinctively Seto brought his hands up to block the next one that he knew was coming, and sure enough he felt the fist make contact with his arms. Repeatedly the fists made contact with not only his arms but also his sides and stomach. It seemed as though Yami was blindly hitting Seto anywhere. He chanced moving his arms away from his face and grabbed Yami's wrists in a bid to calm and halt him. His eyes were scrunched up his breathing rapid, and Seto saw tear tracks and immediately placed a hand to Yami's cheek narrowing his eyes at the flinch and sharp intake of breath.
“Yami…” He whispered.
“No…why did you…” He was still trying to hit Seto despite the fact his wrists were being held.
“Yami.” He whispered once more.
“Don't pretend…” Yami weakly began to tug his wrists against Seto's grip.
“Yami.” Once more Seto's voice was louder.
“Why Seto…why did you?” It looked as if Yami's strength was finally waning, the fit of rage leaving him drained. He finally stopped and his shoulders slumped and his head bowed down as if admitting defeat. Seto looked at Yami alarmed at his behaviour.
“Yami…please…”
There was silence from Yami, the simple rise and fall of his shoulders the only tell tale signs. Crystal tears formed and fell from his closed eyes and fell through the air to land on Seto's hand. Seto almost hissed as a sharp pain stabbed at his heart, the spot where the tear had fallen felt as if he had just been burned. It stung and the dull pain didn't abate but instead intensified with every tear that fell upon his hand. And in his mind he registered that tears shouldn't burn. He caught movement out of the corner of his eye and found himself unable to move, there was a dull flash of light and then was a searing pain rushing through him. When he opened his eyes again Yami was standing in front of him, -an odd shadow forming over his cheeks and his eyes appeared lifeless for less than a second and then they returned to the crimson that they were- with the stranger beside him, but he was no longer a stranger to Seto.
That long blonde hair and those dull lavender eyes were boring into his, a devilish smirk playing across the others features. Seto pushed himself up and found himself faltering when he made to pull Yami away from the other.
There was no-one beside Yami save for the trees.
“Y-Yami...”
Once more there was no movement only the shadows and the hoot of the nearby owls, Seto edged closer holding his hand out in front of him and was surprised to find it shaking slightly, he could hear whispers of voices in the back of his mind, and that confused him even more so. The whispers he heard were of himself calling out to Yami and he felt that if he were to close his eyes he would be able to see the image that accompanied those whispers. But as it was he stalled and continued to step closer to Yami and finally laid a hand on Yami's shoulder. He was taken aback when he felt Yami jerk and heard a loud intake of breath.
1234
Yami sat up quickly and felt dizzy. There was a pressure on his shoulder and he shrugged it off him and concentrated on slowing his breathing down. He could feel the sweat dripping off him and knew the sheets were soaked as well. He pushed the duvet off him and climbed out of bed, pausing on the edge to look out of the French doors of the bedroom. He stood on shaky legs ignoring Seto's worried inquiries and made his way to the en-suite bathroom, he turned the cold tap on and leaned against the sink and peered at himself in the reflective glass in front of him. His brow was wet and his face was pale, the bags under his eyes more apparent in the lighting of the white painted bathroom. He breathed in deep and doused his face with the cold water before drying it off, then made his way back to the bedroom where he found Seto sitting on the edge of the bed, elbows resting on his knees as his eyes followed Yami's every move.
“Yami…” He whispered into the spacious room, the echo carrying it to Yami's ear. Yami shook his head and made his way to the French doors where he opened one of them and stood out on the small balcony letting the cool breeze wash over him. This was the third night in a row that he had woken up from that dream. The first night he had woken up with such a start that he fell out of the bed amidst small chuckles from Seto, and every night since he had awoken to Seto's hand on his shoulder and him moving away.
He couldn't bear to have Seto touch him; every touch reminded him of the harshness and pain that had been inflicted upon him in the dream. And that's all it was, just a dream. He kept telling himself that but for some reason the conviction that he thought he held died when he tried to convince himself otherwise. It felt too real to just be a dream. The first night he awoke he could almost feel every ache and pain, could still feel the resolute fear and adrenaline that had been pumping through his veins towards the end. And even now in his waking hours the dream haunted him, and he couldn't forget about it. And as ridiculous as it was he could feel himself starting to doubt Seto.
Seto watched the light white curtain blow in the breeze from the window, he could see Yami leaning on the railings and his heart wrenched. Yami told him about the dream the first night, and he had deduced that he was still having the same dream. Seto buried his head in his hands and sighed. He couldn't understand why Yami had these dreams, or why they were there. Yami knew Seto would never -in any amount of lifetimes- harm him. Let alone in that manner.
Seto pushed himself of the edge off the bed and made his way towards the petit balcony, picking up both his and Yami's dressing gowns on the way. He pulled his own on and then stood at the doors watching Yami grip the railing. He was slightly bent over and his eyes were unfocused staring at the lush green grass of the lawns below them. He could hear his own heart beating against his chest in the silence that rose between them and Seto didn't know what to make of it. Ever since the first night, Yami had been shying away from him, and it worried him. They would lie together in bed and Yami would shift away from him, or he would try to hug Yami and he could feel a slight tension in his muscles. It was only a dream he had been having, but did Yami believe what was in it?
“It's cold, put this on.” He said quietly and held out the robe for Yami to take. Yami turned his head first before he turned around, stretching out his hand. He paused slightly before brushing his fingers against Seto's taking the robe. Instead of putting it on he gripped at it where he held and stared at Seto.
“I'm sorry Seto.”