Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Controversial Sorority ❯ Graduation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Old story. I'm bringing it back.
 
Controversial Sorority
 
 
 
 
>BRING! BRING!<
 
Seto Kaiba's ancient alarm clock annoyingly resonated throughout the room at exactly 4:45 a.m.
Still half asleep, and thinking it was the telephone that was ringing, the hand of a young man reached out and picked up the receiver.---But it wasn't Seto Kaiba!
Listlessly holding the phone to his ear, he murmured a groggy " hello?" into the mouthpiece, completely ignoring the dial tone.
"No, no, Joey", lightly came Tea's voice from directly beside him in the bed. She sleepily rubbed his shoulder to get him to wake up and realize his folly.
 
Huh? What's that?
 
No, Téa and Joey did not copulate last night.
 
The whole gang just had the time of their lives at their after graduation party four hours ago.
After hours of playing free games and eating whatever they could get their hands on at the ESPN Zone, they were all too tired to leave the place.
Seto Kaiba, who had actually enjoyed himself quite a bit gathering information from one of his rival companies rather than with the games themselves, offered to take the gang to his place to sleep.
 
Actually, he more of demanded them to.
 
He only did it because Téa was with them, and he knew that if he tried to pry her away from her friends, he'd never hear the end of her nagging.
 
They had all fallen asleep in the limo, so he had to order the driver to haul the boys into the mansion, while he carried Téa over his shoulder.
 
Why didn't he carry her in his arms? He had his reasons.....
After smacking some of the boys awake to move someplace comfortable, like the floor or the couch, Seto made his way upstairs to his room, and laid Téa in his bed.
 
He left a kiss on her forehead before he proceeded to leave the room on an account of business.
 
For a good half hour Téa WAS the only one in the bed, until Joey came along looking for a more "gentle" place to sleep. He and Kaiba still didn't get along that well, but ---a bed was a bed to him.
Realizing that there was a Joey in the bed, Téa forcefully pushed him out, causing him to fall in a sleepy heap on the floor.
After a slur of aimless curses, he somehow found his way back into the bed; resulting in being kicked out this time. And when he came back after that, Téa just gave up, and proceeded to share the same bed with---a Joey.
 
 
A groggy moan was Joey's reply, as he attempted one more "hello" into the phone before placing it back down.
As he slipped his upper body back into the bed, his dreary ears caught the sound of banging behind him, and the irritating alarm ceased.
"Sorry about that" Téa apologized. Then she turned on her side and snuggled upto her friend's back to keep warm.
 
Joey, who was still combating drowsiness and losing, scoffed and muttered into the pillows, his words coming out as slurs, "Damn Kaiba. Why can't he be more---hi tech an' buy a clock---wiff a silent alarm o' sumthin'. "
 
A smile inched across Téa's lips at this remark. Before the break-up, she and Seto had been dating for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of school, so she knew Kaiba better than any of her friends
.
She remembered him telling her that he didn't like the electronic cell clocks for two reasons:
Reason #1- The hi-pitched alarms were too annoying
Reason #2- The florescent light from the numbers hurt his eyes and got him very cantankerous.
 
She giggled in remembrance, then snuggled deeper into Joey's back, which pushed him closer to the edge of the bed each time.
 
"Think about it. If the alarm were silent, how would he wake up?"
Joey was silent for a moment.
Téa couldn't tell if he had gone back to sleep, or if he were in the deep process of formulating a decent answer.
She had to admit, she expected the first one, but the latter wouldn't surprise her much, either.
 
Not realizing how close he was to the edge, Joey shifted his weight a little, and grumbled. " Kaiba's good at makin' hi-tech shtuff. Tell him to make a clock dat vibrates or sumthin'---like a pager."
"...A clock like a pager?"
"Sure,....... why not.", Joey shrugged, "----He's got---- all da time in da world to do somethin' like---" Joey trailed off.
Téa became mildly concerned, as she forced herself upto her elbows and placed her chin on top of his arm. A few thin strands of hair and split ends stuck to the ends of her eyes, and she lazily blew at them to set them straight.
Peering down at Joey through drowsy eyes, she could make out that he had complained himself back to sleep.
A thin smile snuck across her lips as she watched him. Joey looked just like a little boy when he slept.
 
And it must have been some well-needed sleep too. He had already started to drool.
Téa playfully wrinkled her nose, and slid back into her pillows.
"Joey, you idiot.", she muttered.
 
Then at that moment, Téa heard the distant sound of clopping coming from downstairs
Clopping? It sounded like---
"Seto!!", she gasped, covering her mouth to stifle her surprise. She knew the sound of his heavy Timberland bootsteps anywhere.
 
Knowing him, he had returned home early just to check on her. Yet, if that were the case, she had to get out of the bed quick before Seto caught her and Joey in a controversial misunderstanding.
 
"Oh no..", Téa muttered, as she threw off the covers, and slipped out of bed. She had to grab hold of the bedposts to keep herself from falling from somnolence.
Steadily, she made her way across the room, and paused at the doorway, listening for anymore sounds.
Letting her curiosity get the better of her, she nervously straightened out her t-shirt, and proceeded to make her way down the steps.
Once she got there, her attention hooked directly on Seto, who seemed to be occupied with something, standing near the back of the couch. She was so caught up in watching him, wondering what he could be doing when she clumsily tripped over her own feet, but quickly caught herself as silently as she could.
 
Her best didn't seem to be enough though, as Seto turned away from his previous engagement and looked directly towards her.
With embarrassment causing a blush to consume her whole body, Téa froze, and stared at Seto.
 
Not liking to be stared at for no reason, Seto frowned a bit, then proceeded to walk over to her.
Téa, alarmed, took a hesitant step back.
Seto saw her stumble, and hurried to just in time to slip a protective arm around her waist to stable her.
 
After an awkward silence, Téa recomposed herself, and smiled as sweetly as she could to Seto, but it came out drenched in pure guiltiness.
 
Seto caught onto this. He knew she was hiding something, but he simply shrugged it off.
 
"Hey", Téa said softly, as she placed a hand on his chest and stood on her toes to give him a quick kiss on the lips.
Even though they were apart, now, they were still rather good friends---and this type of 'good friends' was something rather new that the Kaiba would have to get used to.
 
Téa blinked at him being so quiet. "Where's Yugi?"
"Shh.", Seto signaled her to keep her voice down, as he left her and walked over to the couch. After following him, Seto pointed down the spiky-haired graduate, who was covered with warm sheets and snuggled in the cushions of the couch.
 
So, Seto had been covering him up to keep him warm? Well, that was what Tèa thought anyway.
In actuality, Seto was glaring at the pint-sized duelist, wondering why his former girlfriend desired to leave him for such a runt. But he wouldn't dare tell her that. Yet.
 
An exuberant smile rested upon Téa's lips, as she let loose a sigh of relief. She kept her eyes on Yugi as memories started to flow within her mind.
 
'We finally did it.', she thought, directing her mental words to Yugi as if he could hear them while in his slumber, 'We all hit the big day, and now we're High School graduates!'
 
Seeing that this was turning out to be a mushy moment between the two, Seto stepped away from them, and took his leave into the kitchen.
Téa ignored him, and kept all of her attention on Yugi, as she brushed a slender finger across his lips, catching the faintest hint of drool that resided there.
"We've all been through so much, Yugi", she cooed, "And now.....we can celebrate together....just the two of us---"
 
>THUD!!<
 
"Huh!?" Téa yelped as she jumped back from the sudden sound. She looked upto the ceiling.
It sounded like it came from upstairs.
Then it hit her. Joey was upstairs!!
 
"That stupid idiot! He probably fell out the bed!!" Then she froze. If Kaiba had heard the sound, then he would know that there was unauthorized someone sleeping in his bed.
 
Téa closed her eyes, expecting the worst. "Oh great.."
 
Just at that moment, Seto came flying out of the kitchen with an apron on and an oven mitt on his hand.
Téa giggled at the sight. She never even knew WHY Seto had bothered buying that gear. He was such an awful cook and he was the only man Téa knew of who could set fire to iced tea.
 
Directing his attention to her, Seto narrowed his eyes. "What was that sound?"
"Um...", Téa drolled unintelligently while trying to rack her brain for a decent sounding excuse.
 
"It sounded like it came from my room..."
 
"Uh..well um..you see uh..", Téa stammered, but before she could utter any protests, Seto had already begun to dash to the stairs, tossing his cooking wear aside.
Téa blinked. Maybe Seto wouldn't be too upset to find a ---a Joey sleeping in his bed, after all?
 
Well...he was most likely on the floor now, but still.....
 
She sighed, already beginning to feel the impact of her controvert conclusion.
A few moments later, Seto came marching down the steps, with Joey draped over one of his arms, like a dishtowel.
Téa gulped, just knowing he'd get upset and read this the wrong way. But much to her surprise, his grave expression transformed into that of a level of smugness Téa had never thought possible by a Kaiba of his standards.
 
"Seto..I uh.."
"Shush." Seto replied, placing a finger to her lips.
Téa's eyes glanced down to his finger, then went upto his eyes, and fleeted between them; trying to determine which one of them were denying the truth, or simply just toying with her.
She had to admit, she never did like guessing games, and after all these years....she STILL didn't like them.
Her face started to scrunch up in a scowl to protest, and Seto knew a slew of nags would come out of that mouth.
 
Setting the drowsy blonde against a wall, he turned to Téa and proceed to get closer to her until their faces were about 3 inches apart.
But instead of kissing her, he simply bumped foreheads with her and whispered a dry: "Got you."
With a smug “Hn”, Seto easily maneuvered out of the way of Téa's wild arm flinging.
 
It had always been like this between the two of them. Téa would just be going on and on about something, while Seto was trying to work. More often than not, he would stop his progress and just stare at her, just like she always stared at him, and he hated that.
Just when she was about to comment, he'd distract her, then fake her out.
And she'd get mad----
 
If not for Mokuba always playing that "Look a UFO!" gag every now and then, Seto would have never learned the odd satisfaction in duping someone in such childish ways.
That type of low-standard humor was not his style, but he had to admit it riled Tèa up in such a way he thought was attractive, even if it was a bit annoying.
 
"SETO!!!", Téa growled, quickly forgetting about Yugi and the others sleeping.
But Seto placed a finger to her lips and gave her a serious expression.
"You talk too much.", said he, as he turned and proceeded to go back into the kitchen. "I'll fix you some tea, while you're up."
 
 
Safe within the vicinity of his ballroom of a kitchen, Seto let loose a sigh before leaning up against the door.
That Téa----she really did talk too much. But it was always just enough to slip under the "being cute" category.
Little did she know, that if she and him had not broken up, and if she had not gone back to catching up with Yugi, Seto would have not hesitated to dip low and scoop up her words while changing them into hungry kisses.
With a faint chuckle, Seto shook the thoughts away, then proceeded to fix some tea for his big time graduate.
 
 
-Mel