Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Regret ❯ Chapter I: Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Regret

Summary: Sequel to Dark Crimson Rivers Yugi and Ryou are together with their yamis. When two new arrivals come they took an interest in the yamis. Will Yugi and Ryou go back to what they used to do? Maybe this time they might go through with suicide.

Kinshin: Since you people liked Dark Crimson Rivers I decided to do a sequel. This time it's double the angst and double the psychological! I'm so happy I got over 1,000 visits for that story! Thanks people!

Part I: Beginnings

Ryou's POV

It's such a perfect day. I never thought a day would be perfect in my life and yet here it is. I have friends and my boyfriend. I looked around the kitchen and the knives. Only a few moths ago they would've been useful. But not today I have a reason to live. I can feel myself almost restored to the way I used to be.

I laugh as I think of what Bakura said to me if I ever thought about suicide myself again.

Flashback%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I was walking back while getting groceries because Bakura insisted that he'd clean the house. I wondered why he didn't go to the grocery store. I think I heard him say something about evil cashiers or something. Ah whatever.

I walked into the house as I reached it. I saw the house almost spotless except for the…razor blades that I hid around the house. How'd he…

"You think about touching one of those I'll knock you out," I heard Bakura say from behind me. "And if you think about killing yourself I'll bring you back to life and make you immortal."

End Flashback%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I've always wondered what he did with them. Well I can't look for them now I have to get to school, which I think Bakura already left for. I found that kinda weird. He'd usually walk with me in case I would 'accidentally' stand in the middle of the street and kill myself. Maybe he trusts me now to go on my own. Oh well even if it wasn't on purpose he wouldn't believe me anyways.

I wonder why he left early. He didn't tell me. Is he seeing someone else? I shook my head. He promised he wouldn't leave me. I'm so untrusting if something goes amiss. But I guess it's because I'm not used to it. Now I'm being selfish. He can go with whomever he wants. If he wanted to leave me then he should just say so right? Argh, what am I thinking, he's always honest and very blunt. I wouldn't exactly say honest but he was always honest with his feelings when I first met him. He beat me until I was unconscious. During that time I had always wished for him to accidentally kill me. Then when it was over I realized that he couldn't live without me and yet I could. He's afraid to lose a part of himself or something.

Me? I don't mind. It's the people who drive me to do things I sometimes wish I wouldn't do but I can't help it. I sighed as I reached the school. I guess I was so lost in thought that I didn't noticed I arrived. I know I'm not early. I'll just find my class and sit down. I made it in the room and saw that Yugi was already there. But what shocked me was that he was twiddling a knife in his hands. He looked at me.

"Hey Ryou, how's your morning?" Yugi asked with the same smile on his face. I just smiled back.

"It's fine. I thought you and Yami would be here?" I answered.

"Oh, he's showing a new girl around campus. So he wasn't able to watch me if I just stand in the middle of the road and let a car run me over. Can you believe I was seriously thinking about it!" He laughed. I joined in too. I was considering the idea too. I guess our old selves must still crave for the blade across our skins. I've craved it for a while. I can see why he was twiddling the knife in his hands.

"Ow," Yugi hissed taking me out of my thoughts. I saw that one of his fingers was bleeding. Now I wanted to do that too. My hand itched to grab the knife and self-mutilate like there was no tomorrow. But I didn't give into my urges. I took deep breaths to calm myself. I wonder why I felt like this all of a sudden. Is it because Bakura decided to change the routine? No, I don't think so. Maybe my mind isn't receiving the same ecstasy it had? I shook my head. It wasn't it.

I heard the door to the classroom open. I saw Yami and Bakura backing inside as if someone was after them. I wanted to laugh but I couldn't. They both were going to turn around. I saw Yugi quickly stuff the knife in his backpack. Seems like Yami didn't want him with one either.

"Tomb robber, remind me never to volunteer again. Do you think they'll leave us alone?" Yami said to Bakura.

"They're very persistent. I wonder how they knew us. I heard the headmaster say they chose us specifically," Bakura said.

"Who'll leave you alone?" Yugi said surprising the two of them, "The two girls you both were showing around campus on their first day?"

"Yes," Yami said sitting in the chair in front of Yugi since he was in the window seat. Bakura sat next to me. I just stared at my desk. I was aware of the conversation Yami and Yugi were having. I didn't want to listen. I was just thinking.

"Ryou, is something wrong?" I heard Bakura ask. I shook my head.

"No, everything's find Bakura." I answered smiling at him. I couldn't tell if it was real or not. Somehow I get the feeling that something would go wrong. I don't know why. I hate unanswered problems.

"Sure doesn't seem like it. Are you sure you're not sick?" I nodded my head. I'm not sick. I know I'm not. It's something else.

---------------------------------------------

The day went by without a hitch. I spent it most of the time alone. Bakura was somewhere else showing one of the new girls around. Couldn't she find it herself? I doubt she needed Bakura's help. What am I saying? She's new, and besides Bakura wouldn't leave me that quickly would he? Damn seeds of doubt are already planted in my head after a few hours. Oh well. He could hang out with whomever he wants. I shouldn't be jealous or anything.

I crossed the street completely oblivious to the world around me. I didn't feel like being in reality at the moment. My feet are familiar with the route so it'll take me home directly. Horns honking snapped me back. I saw headlights heading straight for me. My body was frozen to the spot. Then someone pulled on my sleeve making me move out of the way. I think I heard the driver curse at me. Whatever. He should've at least slowed down.

"Ryou, how dare you," I heard Yugi's voice say to me. I turned to him. So he was the one who pulled me out of the way.

"How dare I what?" I asked amused.

"How dare you let someone else try to kill you."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"If you want to die, at least do it right."

"Expert?"

"Yeah, you know it. Care to join me for a visit to the cemetery?"

"Who's grave are we visiting?"

"No one. I just wanted to walk around there to congratulate everyone to the fact that they're fortunate."

"Oh, I guess I'll join you too."

Somehow I believe he's right. Everyone that's died, are fortunate.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Well there's chapter I hope you all like it! The angsty stuff will come in probably chapter III.

Like it? Review! NO FLAMES!