Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Crosses To Bear ❯ Serenity's Intervention ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Serenity's Intervention
 
Once inside the house, Yugi's back was slammed against the door, Joey's hands forcefully on his shoulders. “No Joey, not like this!” Yugi screamed, throwing his hands over his face.
 
“Yuge, ya gotta help me!” Joey pleaded.
 
“Huh? Help you with what?”
 
“I think ya better sit down for this one,” Joey said, leading him into the living room. Yugi half wanted to remain standing in case he had to run due to another make-over crew waiting for him.
 
Once seated, Joey blabbed out his problems. “Serenity is dating Tristan!”
 
Yami, who was sitting next to Yugi, crossed his legs as he unwrapped a Starburst that he had picked from the candy dish on the coffee table. “Um-hm, Joseph. And how does that make you feel?”
 
“Sick!” Joey yelled. “I refuse to let this relationship go on! I mean, Serenity can do so much better than him!”
 
“Wow, this is as bad as when I went on The Jerry Springer Show,“ Yami said. The episode was called `My nephew is my baby's father'.” I was the baby.”
 
“Look Joey, it's not so bad,” Yugi cut in. “I mean, you know Tristan. You know how he is. What's to fear?”
 
“Yugi, don't you see? That's just it! I do know Tristan! I know that he's a teenage guy who only wants one thing! And he ain't gettin' it from my sis!”
 
“Oh, now you're just being paranoid. Not every teenage guy only thinks about…that one thing.” Yugi muttered.
 
“Oh, we know you don't!” Yami scoffed.
 
“One more gay joke, Yami, and I'm casting you into the Shadow Realm forever.”
 
“It was actually a virgin joke, but whatever.”
 
“Listen guys, I thank ya for tryin' to cheer me up,” Joey sighed. “But the fact of the matter is, I'm just not comfortable with Serenity datin' anybody.” Joey slumped in his seat, looking completely down-trodden.
 
“Hey, I know what will cheer you up!” Yugi said brightly.
 
“If it's a duel, then I pass,” Joey grumbled.
 
“No, it's not a duel. Dungeon Dice Monsters!”
 
“What da fuck?! That's even worse!”
 
“Bet you won't say that to Duke's face,” Yami snickered quietly.
 
“Well, I don't believe you should be so concerned with your sister, Joey,” Yugi told his friend. “I'm sure she's a smart girl and if things are looking a little choppy, she'll pull out.”
 
Just then, the front door opened as Serenity came in. “I had a great time,” she was giggling to somebody on the other side of the threshold.
 
“Aw, don't worry about it. I don't mind spending time with a lovely lady like yourself,” A male voice said.
 
Joey's eyes shot open wide. He dashed off the couch and into the foyer where his sister was saying goodbye to someone. He pushed her aside to see—
 
“Kaiba! What the hell is going on?!”
 
“Well Joey, in case you're too stupid to figure it out, I'm dating your sister.” The other boy sneered.
 
“But…but…Serenity, I thought you were dating Tristan?” Joey said weakly.
 
The girl gave a disdainful sniff. “I was, but he's more interested in Mai Valentine. Damn hussy.”
 
“Hey, change that h in hussy to a p and you get—“ Yami said, but Yugi interrupted.
 
“Kaiba, when did you and Serenity start dating?”
 
Kaiba narrowed his eyes in boredom. “Oh, you're here. But of course. And also of course you'd bring along that damn spirit…who does all your duels for you…hey, I want a rematch! You're not the rightful Yu-Gi-Oh!”
 
“That's what she said in bed last night,” Yami smirked. His voice took on a high-pitched feminine tone. “Yugi! Oh!”
 
As Yugi and Serenity stared at Yami, Joey went back to battling with Kaiba. “I don't see what Serenity sees in you! You're a total pompous jerk! I know my sis can do better than you! If it's a night out at a restaurant she wanted, she coulda asked me and I woulda paid for it!”
 
“Screw your money, I have more!” Kaiba shouted.
 
Joey was silenced. Yugi whispered, “Burned.”
 
“Man, this is worse than my Power Ranger audition.” Yami said. “They said I didn't get the part because I wasn't corny enough.”
 
“Well, I have better things to do than stand around talking to the likes of you,” Kaiba said, his eyes traveling around to include the other males. “Au revoir, Serenity.”
 
As he climbed back into his limo, Mokuba's silhouette could be seen. “Big brother, what's the sense of taking me along if I have to stay in the car the whole time?” He whined.
 
“To take notes without your presence being over-bearing,” Kaiba said, closing the door. The vehicle sped off.
 
Joey closed the door and rounded on his sister. “How could you?! Why him? Seto Kaiba!”
 
“Are you going to make a full sentence or what?” Serenity huffed, but didn't wait for an answer. She pushed past him and started up the stairs. Joey followed and like a news crew, so did Yami and Yugi.
 
“I forbid you to see him!” Joey shouted.
 
“You can't boss me!” Serenity shouted back. “I love Kaiba and he loves me!”
 
All three boys stopped cold. Then Yami shouted, “What a twist!”
 
“Kaiba makes me happy,” Serenity went on. “When I'm with him, it's like I'm somebody else.”
 
“What kind of drugs has he been feedin' you?” Joey asked with a pained face.
 
“Ecstasy and Prozac mostly, sometimes laced with a little LSD,” Serenity answered seriously.
 
“Need to get my hands on some of that,” Yami whispered to Yugi. “But also…what a twist!”
 
Yugi cut in between the sibling rivalry. “Joey, let Serenity date him. I hate the guy too, he dueled my grandfather into submission…and if that doesn't sound awkward then I don't know what does. But Serenity has a clean record with the guy. We can't push her to hate him because we hate him.”
 
“That's like that time when I—“ Yami began, but his alter ego cut him short.
 
“Yami, this isn't Family Guy or Robot Chicken. Yeah, `What a twist!' isn't your phrase to use.” Yugi said.
 
“You all are a bunch of idiots,” Serenity muttered and locked the door to her bedroom.
 
As the others made their way back downstairs, Joey said, “When did she become so rebellious?”
 
“Hm, probably between the time after her surgery and before she dated Tristan,” Yugi supplied helpfully. “It's a girl fling thing. She'll open her eyes and see that Kaiba's a total bastard eventually. Let's just hope it's before she gets knocked-up.”
 
“Oh no! I don't think Serenity knows anything about using protection!” Joey wailed, turning to run back up the stairs.
 
“Just give her the money to get some,” Yugi said with heated cheeks.
 
“I mean a gun!” Joey yelled back as he vanished from sight.
 
“Okay, I think we're done here,” Yami said and headed for the door. Yugi followed him.
 
On the street, Yugi slapped his forehead. “Damn, in trying to help Joey with Serenity, I forgot to tell him about Grandpa leaving me!”
 
Yami hit Yugi's forehead hard with his palm as well. “You should've had a V8!”
 
“Ow! What the hell would that have solved?!” Yugi growled.
 
Yami shrugged. “I dunno. But it seemed the appropriate thing to say. Look, I say that if you want counseling, look no farther than your Millennium Puzzle.”
 
“I want helpful counseling,” Yugi said in an irritated voice, rubbing his sore head.
 
“Oh. Well if that's the case, then perhaps you should seek out Bakura. British people are always level-headed.”
 
“That's true,” Yugi said, and thus they set off for Bakura's house.