Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cyber Duels ❯ Let Past be Present, Present be Future ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own the plot and made up characters but not the show. I wish I did own the show, but I guess I can still dream.

A/N: In the last chapter we saw that Jean was new to Domino Town and wanted to be a duelist. We also know that he received a mysterious package from someone containing a duel deck and a duel disk. What will happen next? Find out chapter two of Cyber Duels. Now lets start.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 1: Let Past be Present, Present be Future

(Wondered curiously at the package)

Jean: "For You Are The Chosen One"? What could this mean?

Voice: I can tell you what it means!

Jean: What!!! Who goes there?

Voice: I am Sakura, from the world of Zitoket.

Jean: Sakura? Zitoket? World?

Sakura: I have come for you. You must help us. My home planet is in trouble and we need you very much. We are facing a new evil, greater than the one from the War of Roses.

Jean: I still don't understand a word that you are saying.

Sakura: Well? Are you coming? There is no time to lose!

Jean: Coming, where?

Sakura: There is no time to explain. We have to go to Zitoket. They are waiting for us.

Jean: Wow, hold on. How do I know that I am not dreaming? That this is just a dream?

Sakura: If you were dreaming could I do this? (Kisses him in the cheeks)

Jean: I guess so. If you say so.

Sakura: No time for nonsense. Here we go. (A vortex appeared and teleported them into Zitoket.)

Sakura: Here we are, Zitoket, home for the sweetest essences in all worlds.

Jean: It sure smells good.

Sakura: Oh, by the way. The elder send you your duel disk and duel deck.

Jean: Oh yes!

Sakura: Yes, that deck is the one you used in the War of Roses.

Jean: I most have been really famous!

Sakura: Don't you remember your past?

Jean: No that I know.

Sakura. Never mind.

Jean: Ok. (Looking around) I guess we are not in Domino Town anymore.

Sakura: You are right. Well lets get started.

Jean: On what?

Sakura: I have to see how well you remember the rules of dueling.

Jean: But I just started dueling. I barely know the basics.

Sakura: Then you will have to learn the rules for the duels here. First, the basic rules are the same in here. Second your duel disk has a special ability. Every time you start a duel, each player is allowed to choose a dueling field to duel in. The duel fields are then combined and become one. And third, each player starts with 5000 LP.

Jean: Huh?

Sakura: Did you listen?

Jean: Yes, but it is making me boring.

Sakura: Well let's duel.

Jean: Ok.

Sakura: I choose the wilderness field.

Jean: I guess I will go with the ocean field.

Sakura: I go first. I summon Hera Queen of Olympus in attack mode. Hera has an attack of 2000 and defense of 500.

Jean: I guess I will go with this card. Mage Wall in defense.

Sakura: Lucky move your wall has a defense of 2500. Well I use Hera's special ability to switch your attack and defense points. And now I summon Kijal the forgiving Wizard. Attack Kijal!!! Now Attack Hera!!! You only have 3000 LP left.

Jean: I use Monster Reborn to reborn Mage Wall and sacrifice it to summon Samurai Fiend. I attack your Kijal taking 1800 LP. Now you have 3200 LP. And now I summon Massive Bull Rocker from my deck with 0/0. Who I can special summon by offering a monster in my field and one in my graveyard. And I use his special effect, which by discarding all of my cards in my hand I get to power up my monster by 500 for every card gone to the graveyard. Since I discarded 4 cards he is now 2000 Attack points, and it can attack directly the same turn it was summon regardless of what turn it is. So now you only have 1200 LP.

Sakura: Good, but not that good. I use Witch of Darkness. I get to control your monsters for my turn. And I attack with all of them!!! 4000 LP out of you.

Jean: Not so fast. Since you Have My Bull Rocker, He takes 600 LP from you since you trigger his effect of damage control! And My Samurai Find absorbs the power of all the monsters on the side of field and ends your turn completely.

Sakura: Interesting?

Jean: And now since all of your monsters have 0/0 I attack you with Samurai Fiend to take your entire LPs out.

Sakura: Good Job, you are better then what I expected.

Jean: Wow, how in the world did I do that?

Elder: Bravo, Magnificent, Encore!!!

Jean: Who are you? Were you watching our duel?

Sakura: Hi Elder Kai!

Elder: hello Sakura. I see that you have done what I asked you to do.

Sakura: Yes, this is Jean the boy you send me to get.

Elder: Well Jean, nice to meet you. I guess you are a little confused on why we brought you to our world.

Jean: Yes, a little.

Elder: First, we must sign you up for the Duels.

Jean: What duels?

Elder: You see a great evil force has come to our planet to take over it. They have taken over others already. And they have set up a Duel tournament called the Cyber Duels. In which duelists can enter and compete. The ones who set up this tournament are still unknown to us, but we have heard rumors that it is made up of a team of six.

Jean: Wow

Sakura: Yes, and that's why we need your help.

Jean: I don't think I can do it.

Elder: You must. It is our only hope.

Jean: I guess I have no other choice since I have nowhere to go.

Sakura: It is set! I will take you to register and on the way we can gather some other people who want to help.

Jean: All right!

Elder: Good Luck!

Sakura: I will take good care of him!

Jean: Good-bye Elder.

(They leave into the woods to look for a new hope on saving Sakura's home planet.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Will Jean and Sakura make it alive through the woods? Will they find any hopes on saving Zitoket? Will they find new allies or enemies? Stay tuned for the next chapter.