Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Feeling For the Forbidden:Phase 2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
  A/N: Thanx for being so patient Lady Chrystina. Updates will be more frequent  
 
Dark Seduction: Part 5; Feeling for the Forbidden Phase 2    
 
"Wh-what...his mind..? How?" "Don't ask me!" Malik retorted bluntly. "I don't know how you got in here and more so WHY you would even WANT to come here in the first place. I know I wouldn't and I practically LIVE here when my other half is out there!" he exclaimed with a sharp movement of his hand. "I-I'm sorry?" Serenity whispered almost inaudibly. "Then...how did I..." "You don't seem to listen very well. I said don't ask me! I don't know!" "Ah!" Serenity shrieked and hopped backwards, still afloat. She didn't understand everything that was going on, but something told her that this was going to be quite the unexpected journey.... * Drifting through the dank and secluded depths of Marik's mind, a hesitant Serenity continued to keep herself afloat as she remained relatively close behind her reluctant “host”.
Despite the fact of Malik's temper, it was almost difficult for her to take in the fact that here were two different people that shared the same outward appearances. One of them was a desire of seduction, while the other was purely the opposite. Nervous, she bit her bottom lip for thinking of a person she had just met in that way and forced herself to divert her attention from Malik's backside and focus on their surroundings.
Her eyes fleeted between horizons as they neared deeper into Marik's sub-consciousness. Serenity became instantly intrigued, especially since someone else was in her same situation, or so she thought. Malik didn't seem like much of a happy camper...especially with her tagging along behind him to who knew where.
So why was she following him again?
Nervous, she bit her lip and told herself that this was the only way she could get back to her 'world' and 'time'.
"Wishful thinking" Malik muttered under his breath.
Serenity gasped and before she could answer, he held up a hand and halfway turned his head towards her, not giving her his full attention, nor his eye contact. "Don't ask me how. That seems to be how your 'favorite' questions start. Figure it out yourself. Use your common sense..." he snapped, and resumed his attention to what lay before him. Serenity gulped and hung her head. "...Meanie..." she uttered, not caring if he heard her or not...since he seemed to be able to catch her thoughts anyway.
Since he said that Marik was his darker self, it was apparent to her that they were the same in body, but not in spirit...so whatever thoughts were being tossed around while in Marik's mind, Malik also caught onto as well. Serenity sighed. 'I can't believe this...' She shook her head and ran her fingers through her hair. 'It's just a dream. That's right I'm dreaming....I just have to wake up, and I'll be out of here...' Malik said nothing as he realized his previous words about her figuring this stuff out had actually gotten through to her.
 
*
 
It wasn't just a dream of hers. It was real...almost like being in another world. A light sound passed her lips as she felt a twinge in her heart and placed a tightened fist over it. '... Marik...' she whispered in her mind, then quickly darted her eyes to the blonde in front of her, checking to see if he could hear or feel her thoughts again. When he made no action of doing it this time, she sighed inwardly in relief and continued to stay rather close to him, hoping they didn't get lost.
'This silence is almost unbearable...' she thought, biting her lip. 'Maybe he'd talk more if I brought something up...' Taking a breath, she not-so-carefully chose her words and saying just about the first thing that popped into her mind to make conversation. "S-So..." she hesitantly spoke in an uneven voice."...this is really inside Marik's mind huh?" she shuddered "...It's kind of spooky in here isn't it...?"
No answer.
She bit her lip again. What was his problem? He was talking to her before almost eagerly. Now his attention seemed to be diverted and occupied. She tried it again. " ...Say...Malik...wasn't it?" The blonde turned abruptly on his name and faced her with, what she read as, a very annoyed expression. "Yes what is it..." Finally an answer! It wasn't one she expected but... "Um...when...how did you ...get here?" Malik said nothing for a good few seconds, but the glare in his eyes was enough to make Serenity begin to dread this day of hers for hours.
"There's that 'how' word again...."
"Um..." she fidgeted and looked elsewhere, showing her discomfort. Malik, who couldn't avoid realizing the girl's uneasiness since he WAS the one causing it, lightly frowned and returned his attention to what was in front of him. "I don't know." he replied sharply, and continued his aimless trek. 'There's that 'I don't know' of his again!' Serenity thought to herself, mocking his accusing of her asking 'how' so much. "I heard that..." he growled. "...."
 
*
 
Giving up ever striking up a conversation with him again for the rest of the time there were there, Serenity sighed, and continued to follow him, still keeping herself afloat. Feeling a twinge of guilt for treating her in such a way, Malik peeked over his shoulder at her while her attention was elsewhere. Reading her reserved appearance, his eyes narrowed and he frowned. '...She's a delicate one...and pretty fragile... What's she doing here anyway...?' Secretly he continued to watch her until she made the slightest movements that indicated she'd be looking his way and returned his eyes to the front of him. 
With a scoff, he gave his destination his full attention.
"We should be getting closer to the center of his mind..." Malik stated with perplexed interest. In truth, he didn't know WHERE he was going, but instead, went wherever his instincts lead him to. Sure Marik shared his body and his thoughts were harbored with some of his own, but Malik was still his own person and had his own consciousness. And in the depths of his darker counterpart's mind as he was now, he could never have access to before Serenity appeared. And for that, he was grateful. If it wasn't for her whimsical interference, he would have never made it this far. Whatever she was to his darker half, it was more than enough to have him let his guard down like this. Malik glanced over his shoulder again and his eyes narrowed into slits. '...That girl...' he sneered in his mind 'It's because of her being here that I was able to break through that barrier...' he scoffed. 'I suppose she'd be expecting a thank you...if she knew this was all her doing that is...But I wonder...what does she have that my other half wanted so badly to allow her to waltz in here like this...? ...Just what is she to him...?'
Feeling someone's eyes on her, Serenity looked to Malik with confusion swimming in her glossy eyes. Not expecting to see anything but frailty from her, Malik, for a few seconds, lost himself in her eyes.
Luscious and full orbs with a deep and glossy shade of green pierced his and her lips were slightly parted perfectly between taking a breath and beginning to speak.
He knew his darker self felt something for Serenity, but he denied it could be just a simple fabricated emotion. "...Um...Mr. Malik...?" she lightly called, causing Malik to miss a step and nearly trip over his own feet. "I'm FINE!" he snapped before Serenity could even utter a sound, and faced her completely with burning eyes. "Now you answer me...Why are you here..." he demanded, having it sound like a statement more than like a question. Not even waiting for her response, he continued, "Not just anyone can enter this place as freely as you did and if they could I can guarantee that they wouldn't try! Just what makes you so special" he seethed, nearing closer to her.
"I-I..." Serenity hesitated as her lips quivered and she recoiled away from him. Hating to have to deal with her displays of weaknesses, Malik half-frowned and retried his approach. "I want to know what possessed you to enter his mind! It wasn't that harsh of a question...!"
"It isn't that..." she replied, almost sounding a bit unsure of herself "But...honestly I can't say that I really know how I ended up in here..."
"Do you remember anything...?"
"I..." Serenity bit her lip. Part of her expected this question long before he asked it, while another part of her wanted to avoid answering it completely. "W-well..."
"Yes well what?!" Malik exclaimed, obviously growing impatient "Keep going."
A faint blush crept across her face as she imagined Marik saying those words to her instead; catching the faint double meaning in them. He was always good at bringing those kinds of things out in the open like that...But this guy was no competition, she guessed. Malik's eyes narrowed and his arms folded in a haughty manner and he tapped his foot. "Not very good at not thinking so hard, are you.... I can HEAR your THOUGHTS if you haven't CAUGHT on to that yet....Serenity..."
She gasped. "How--"
"There you GO AGAIN! Fine then I'll just TELL you so you'll stop asking me!"
This time, Serenity frowned, and it wasn't a very pretty one either. '...Of all the times you've answered me with 'i don't know', you still get angry with me for asking 'how'?!!' Malik 'hmphed' at her thought and shrugged it off. "Anyway, since you seem to be in the dark about this whole situation, let me clear something up for you. In this place, you are in my other half's thoughts and sub-consciousness. If he LET you in here, that means that you are something special to him..."
Serenity's heart nearly skipped a beat from Malik's words and she gasped, but then just as her excitement arrived, it quickly dissolved into a sulk. "...But he let you in here too didn't he? And you said that you've never been--"
"Shhhh!! Be quiet!" Malik scolded, clasping a hand over her mouth. Once he got his point across, he hastily removed it and wiped it on his pants. "I'm aware that I haven't been this far in his mind before." he paused. "But ever since you showed up, I was able to go beyond what I was confined to for years whenever he came out. I find that as a big breakthrough for me. And as for you...I'd say you came here of your own free will." Serenity was shocked. "Wh-what do you mean?" she asked, denying it. "Exactly what I said. You chose to come here. My other half didn't force you and I most certainly didn't! So that just leaves you...Hmm..." he trailed off as a sly smirk curved his lips. "And do you want to know something else? My other half has something he's dying to give to you one of these days. Do you know what that something is...." Serenity opened her mouth to speak, but nothing but a cute and confused sound escaped instead. "Huh?" Malik shook his head. "Don't get it?" He neared closer to her and grinned darkly. "Just be sure to keep your legs crossed more often and you might not have too much of a problem....." "Wh-what?" she blushed and unknowingly descended from the air and landed softly on her knees and kept them tightly close together, not fully understanding what he meant, but know it wasn't to be played with.
"Um..."
An amused chuckle rose from Malik's throat as he kneeled beside her and looked her straight in the eyes. "One more thing..." he started, lifting a finger. Serenity watched with both fear and anticipation of what would happen next, and felt herself turn a shade of red from the touch of his finger against her lips. Malik smirked at the effect such a gesture had on her. "Be careful of what tastes these lips of yours..." he stated lowly.
When his statement got no response, he leaned closer to whisper in her ear. "Because you'll never know which ones will be tasted....and which ones will be devoured..." With a gasp at what he meant, Serenity pushed him away from her and quickly stood up, trying to shield herself from him. "You...You're....!" 'Pervert!' she thought, too afraid to say it to his face. Malik scoffed and turned away from her. "I'm only speaking the truth. Take it however you want. I'm trying to help you out here. But I guess you'll just have to find out for yourself..."
"Find out?" Serenity muttered, feeling a faint glow appear around her then start to fade. With wide eyes, she placed her fingers directly over her heart and inhaled. "This feeling...."
Malik stood still, watching her and slightly lowered his head. "Hmph. There goes another one..."
"Another..." she trailed off as her face instantly drained of all color and her eyes doubled in size.”...Joey...!" she cried in a hushed whisper and covered her mouth with both her hands.
Empathetically, Malik nodded. "Yep...and now...he knows..." he uttered, looking upwards.
Heartbroken, Serenity couldn't even bother with fighting back her tears and followed his trail of vision. Just as she did, a large group of swelled purple clouds slowly assimilated with one another and swirled about until a recognizable form was clearly visible. "Hmph." Malik scoffed at the image of his other self. "'M-Marik?!!' Serenity shrieked in her mind, not knowing whether to be surprised to see him, or to absolutely hate him.
"Eh? What's this?" the image of Marik wondered, while sticking a pinky finger in his ear and twisting it. "I leave for a second and this is what I get? Heh. Who said you could start a little get together without me? ...This IS in my mind, after all. I think that maybe, just maybe, I should have been the first to know what was going on while I was away." His eyes then traveled over to Malik and he frowned. "And who dragged YOU in here?" Almost too overwhelmed to speak, Serenity simply hung her head and slumped to the 'ground', not even bothering to look back at him.
Appearing rather devoid towards the whole situation, Malik simply glanced to her and shrugged.
"I was talking about YOU, pathetic fool!"
Malik blinked. "What? Me??"
"Yes you! There are no other pitiful disgraces here such as yourself. I don't recall permission to let you in here...Did she?"
Malik hesitated. "Now hold on!"
Marik chuckled darkly. "Heh! I didn't think so! And you call yourself a host. You should be much nicer to this lovely young lady beside you. Well, see ya!" he jeered, and with a snap of his fingers, Malik disappeared...back to the confinements of another side of Marik's consciousness. "Well, that wasn't so hard!" he joked, dusting his hands. Noticing his comment received no feedback, Marik peered down at Serenity and felt something tear through him at the sight of her in tears. Letting only a few seconds pass, he lowered an image of himself to her and kneeled down to meet her height. "...What's wrong?" he began, attempting to sound cheerful for her "I thought you'd be glad to see me! I came back to you like I said I would. And don't worry about that pest...He was snooping in matters he shouldn't have been in. And I don't take little rats getting in my business like that..."
"...The duel.....Marik..." Serenity managed to force out, saying his name as if it were a curse "...the duel....what..."
"Oh..." he trailed off, his expression drooping, then slightly brightening and he lightly touched her hand. Feeling too weak to reject his touch, Serenity continued to let her tears fall and hid her eyes from him as he spoke.  "...The duel, my sweet....is over."  
 
TO BE CONTINUED!!   -Mel