Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Death Bite ❯ Reptile Cove ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here’s meh sad story. This one will be suspensey (-_- I know, I know, that’s not a word X3), cuz I want it to be... and uhh... other stuff... XD I usually don’t write romance fics– I really don’t like ‘em... the only pairs that I think work in YGO are TeaxYugi (and I really don’t like that pair anyway) and o.o that’s it. lol. I don’t think JoeyxMai works. Nup. Never have, never will. And I don’t like yaoi, either. So, if you’re looking forward to a yaoi fic from me- tough luck.
Anyway, off of my rambling, and onto the disclaimer!
Disclaimer-I’s don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh! Okay? And if you decide to sue me for writing this fic (IT WOULD BE FOR NO REASON SO YOU MUST DIEE!! O.o) then I’ll sick Yami Bakura, Yami Joey, and Yami Malik on you. *points to one of her other fics that explains what they look like at the mom* I haven’t fed them in weeks, so beware the doom.
Anyway, here it is. Sorry for all that useless rambling.



The rain beat against the pavement, hard. Almost like hail. A blonde ran through the rain, covering his head. He got to a building, that read ‘kame game shop’ above the door. He opened it and ran in, a bell jingling as the door opened and shut. Once inside, he shook himself off and took off his jacket.
An old man sat at the counter to the store.
“Why, hello, Joey,” the old man spoke, giving the blonde, or Joey, a warm smile.
“Heya, gramps,” Joey replied. He walked to the door that led to the back of the shop. “I’m gonna go talk to Yug, ‘kay?” Joey smiled.
“Of course, Joey,” the old man replied. Joey opened the door and stepped onto the carpet. He took off his shoes for fear he’d get the soft, fluffy, white carpet all muddy and dirty. He held his shoes in his hands, and stepped up the stairs.
Once at the top, he stopped at a door, and knocked. The door opened, revealing a short, multi and spiky-haired boy. He smiled.
“Joey!!” He moved aside. “Come in, come in!” Joey nodded, and stepped inside. He gave the boy a smile.
“Thanks, Yug,” He said. He looked around. A female brunette sat on the bed, her blue eyes gazing at a small book she held in her hands. A male brunette sat on the floor near the female, throwing a ball up towards the ceiling, then caught it once it came back down to him.
“Well, this looks fun,” Joey stated, sarcastically. The male brunette looked at him.
“Well then, what do you say we do?” He asked. Joey only smiled widely, like he had some great secret.
“Okay, remember that place, Reptile Cove?” Joey asked. The two brunettes looked at each other.
“That sanctuary where all those snakes live and sometimes they let people take a tour through it on a golf cart? Yeah,” the male brunette said. Joey smiled wider.
“Well, guess what! I got tickets for their next tour!!” the male brunette looked at Joey in shock.
“How did you get those tickets?! Don’t they only ever take people through that place every three years?!” He exclaimed. Joey nodded. The female brunette shook her head.
“No, no, no, no, no, no, no!! Not snakes!! Anything but snakes!!” she cried. Joey frowned at her.
“Tea, come on! I got tickets for all of us! We’re just gonna see a bunch of snakes is all! It’s not like they’re gonna bite us or anything!” Joey laughed. The female brunette, or Tea, whimpered.
“No, Joey! You know how dangerous snakes are?! What if one of us does get bitten?? Then what??” She exclaimed.
“We won’t get bit! There’s no way! Those things are so protected!!” Joey exclaimed. Tea only shook her head.
“Well, I heard that three years ago, someone died from a snake bite on that trip,” the male brunette stated. Tea cringed. Joey growled and pulled the brunette to his face by the collar.
“Tristen, shut up! Tea won’t go if you freak her out like that!” He whispered. The brunette, or Tristen, sighed. Joey let him go.
“Tristen was joking, Tea,” Joey smiled. Tea shook her head.
“No! You won’t go!”
“Tea, it’ll be fine, I promise,” Joey encouraged. Tea sighed.
“I’m not going to change your mind, am I?” Tea looked up at Joey, her blue eyes filled with sorrow.
“Nope,” Joey replied, plainly. Tea sighed again.
“Alright, we’ll go,” she replied sadly, looking down. Joey jumped up, fist in the air.
“YES!!!!” Tristen joined the celebration. The spiky-haired boy walked over and sat next to Tea.
“It’s alright, we’ll be fine,” he smiled. Tea sighed again.
“But, Yugi... what if someone gets hurt?” Tea asked, looking up. The boy, or Yugi, smiled.
“We won’t get hurt, Tea. Even if we do, it won’t be that bad,” Yugi replied. Tea nodded.
“You’re right, Yugi,”
Tristen stopped his cheering.
“So, when do we go?” He asked. Joey smiled.
“Tomorrow! The tour’s tomorrow!” he chortled. Tristen smiled.
“Man, you sure made my day! Tomorrow I was gonna have to clean my room! But that’s much better!” The group laughed, but Tea still felt nervous... about something.
The group laughed, told jokes, played games until late. When it was finally time for everyone to go home, they thanked Yugi and were on their way.
/’Yugi?’/ a voice echoed in Yugi’s mind. Yugi blinked, starting up the stairs to his room.
‘Yes, Yami?’ Yugi asked the voice.
/’Are you sure this is a good idea?’/ the voice responded.
‘Of course, Yami. We’ll be fine, you’ll see,’ the boy walked into his room and got into his PJ’s, and laid on his bed. He snuggled under his sheets, and a ghost-like form appeared next to him. The ghost looked much like the boy, except maybe a bit more mature looking. Yugi started to drift off into a peaceful sleep, under the watchful eye of his ghostly friend, or in other words, his yami.

The night flew by, and soon a clock started pouring a bleeping screech into the silence of the room. A hand reached out from underneath the sheets of the bed and slammed against the top of the clock. A figure started to rise under the sheets, and the sheets fell away, revealing a tired-looking blonde. He yawned, looking at the clock. It read, in bright green numbers, ‘8:00 AM’. The blonde rubbed his eyes for a moment, before realizing why he had set his alarm.
“The sanctuary!!” He exclaimed. He jumped up out of his bed and ran to his closet, quickly changing into a white T-shirt with the words ‘Street Punk’ printed on the front in big black letters, along with blue jeans and a blue jean jacket. He almost skipped out of the litter-covered room in his joy of the day ahead. Little did he know... that what to come would be horrid news to them all.
He trotted down the street, towards the game shop. Once there, he walked in, smiling.
“Yug, time to go!” He shouted. Yugi came into the room, a great big smile on his face. The boy was dressed in a red hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
“Let’s go get Tristen and Tea!” The boy exclaimed happily. Joey nodded, and they were off, to Tristen’s house.
Once at a run-down apartment, the two boys knocked, and waited for a moment. Then Joey rung the bell, and the door opened, Tristen standing there.
“Hey, guys,” he said. A large dog tried getting out past the brunette, and started barking. Tristen pushed the dog back. “Go lay down, girl!” He exclaimed. He turned to Yugi and Joey. “Be right back, you guys,” he walked into the house and shut the door. Moments later he came back out, shutting the door behind him. He wore a navy blue sweatshirt and blue jeans.
The three boys, without a word, traveled on to Tea’s house. Once there, Tristen knocked on the door, and Joey rang the bell.
A minute later, Tea opened the door. She smiled at the three boys. She wore a yellow shirt with ‘dance’ on the front in black letters, along with jean capris.
“Well, you guys look ready to face danger,” Tea laughed.
“Never seen you in jeans before, Tea. Looks nice,” Joey remarked. Tea rolled her eyes.
“As if a guy could tell the difference between capris and jeans,” she shut the door behind her and walked past Joey and Tristen.
They all walked a while, getting deeper into the city, until they came upon a building, and behind it, a dome, filled with lush greenery. Joey walked ahead, and knocked on the door to the building. The door opened, and a tall man with dirty blonde hair stood there.
“Ah, you must be more people for the tour. You’re tickets?” The man reached his hand forward. Joey reached into his pocket and pulled out four slips of paper and handed them to the guy. The guy smiled. “Come in, come in!” He moved aside, and the four teens walked in, looking around.
The building seemed fairly organized. There were cabinets everywhere, probably for the data on all the snakes in the sanctuary, some papers here and there. Joey could only help but feel accomplished that he got everyone this far.
They went on to another room, where a small bus-like vehicle stood, only it had no windows or walls, just rows of seats. Sitting in the seats at the front were what seemed like a very rich couple, and behind them, two rows of scientists (A/N: therefore, four scientists...). The guy that had led them in gestured towards the vehicle.
“Please, take your seats,” The four teens sat down behind the scientists, Joey and Yugi next to each other in the front, Yugi on the right and Joey on the left, and Tea and Tristen behind them, Tea on the right and Tristen on the left. Tea cringed a little at the thought that she was on the outside.
“Why couldn’t it be four per row and three sets of rows?” Tea asked. Tristen blinked at her.
“Aw, it’s alright, Tea, you’re not gonna get bit,” he stated. Tea shivered at the thought.
Joey looked behind them.
“Hey, there’s still two seats left,” He said, pointing to the back. The man who had led them in nodded.
“Yes, actually, we’re waiting for them,” he said. Joey nodded and looked forward, the sensation of excitement tingling throughout his entire body. He looked to Yugi who looked a bit excited himself.
There was another knock. The guy traveled off into the other room, and soon came back with two more scientists, who filled the seats behind Tea and Tristen. The man smiled.
“Welcome, welcome, welcome!” He shouted, standing in front of the vehicle. “Everyone, please, fasten your seatbelts,” the guy said. Yugi and Joey reached down to their sides, and each pulled out a belt. Yugi’s had a buckle, and Joey’s had the actual clip. The two boys blinked at each other, but shrugged. They clipped them together and pulled it tight. Tea and Tristen had done almost exactly the same, but Tea gave off a confused expression at the belt.
“Now, today you will all experience a ride in Reptile Cove, a sanctuary for all reptiles, snakes and lizards alike! Please, be careful, do not put any body parts outside the vehicle, or unfasten your seatbelts. As a fair warning, it is a pretty bumpy ride, and it’s likely that branches have grown out onto the road, and will hit your face if you don’t watch out. Reptile Cove is not responsible for any injuries or deaths that may be caused if you do not follow the rules. Now, I hope you all have fun at this great tour of Reptile Cove!!” The man sat at a seat at the front of the vehicle, and an engine could be heard starting.
The vehicle started moving, and the large doors before them opened, revealing the lush forests and grasses littering the dome, and the sun was barely able to be seen because of all the trees.
Yugi, Joey, Tea, and Tristen all smiled at the place.
The fun they thought they were going to have.


SO! They’re on their way!! BUT! What will happen?! Will Tea’s hunch about the dangers become reality? Or will the whole thing be a fake? More to come, I hope you guys like it! ^-^ I stayed up late writing this story! Please, review, I beg of you! And I think this finally cleared out my writer’s block! I’ll be working on this story for a while for sure– ^-^ Now tell me, did you like it, or was it crap? Come on now, be honest!! ^^Converting /tmp/phpWn7E03 to /dev/stdout