Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dedication ❯ Day of the Party ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

::does a happy dance and sings the happy birthday song to herself:: In honor of my birthday, another update!! ::grins like an idiot::

And well… also because I'm waiting for my brother to hurry up and come home!! I mean, common! Doesn't that suck, he got an interview right on my birthday!

Oh well, on with it!!

----

Sapna ended up leaving half an hour after their confrontation, only to promise to come back over early morning. Isishad stayed in her room, falling asleep over books and paperwork of information from work. She knew something was amiss, and decided to take it upon herself to find out just what. She awoke with golden rays of light streaming into her window, gently warming her face and rousing her from sleep. Deciding to push pack all unwanted thoughts for the morning, she headed into her bathroom to do the usual morning things.

After a warm shower, Isisdressed in a cream colored shoulder dress and entered her room. Her hair was slowly drying, so she took this opportunity to slip on the golden hair pieces that went to the hair that she usually left to hang on her shoulders. After slipping on the rest of her jewelry: headpiece, gold bangles, armbands, and a few anklets, she headed off into the living room. Upstairs, Isiscould hear Rishid and Malik speaking and reviewing for tests while getting ready to leave. Rishid was posing as his guardian, for Isiswas going out with Sapna to a car dealer. The plan was, when they returned, it would be around late afternoon, so then they'd get the final party decorations for the house and set everything else up, and wait for guests to appear. Isiswas proud for her little brother, if he passed all tests with honors, he would receive his certificate for graduation, and wouldn't have to complete the last two years of school.

But that meant only one thing: college.

She hadn't yet told the boys of loosing her job, because tonight she was sure when Samuel walked into her house and asked for a private place to talk, she's be told in laughing voices it was just some joke. Of course, the bastard didn't know that Sapna had already told her and was taking her side to the end. The Egyptian woman was snapped from her reverie when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and looked up from her seat at the dining table with coffee in hands at the two 'boy's before her. Malik looked excited and ready for anything and Rishid looked nervous for his 'little brother' as he read out random problems and other such things from the stack of papers in his hand, while the other held onto a glass of orange juice. They stopped practicing when they saw Isis.

"Onee-san, what are you doing up so early?"

"I am going shopping for cars today." She smiled warmly at the two and sipped her coffee.

"Oh! Are you going to get something cool? Don't get anything too old looking…" Isis chuckled at this.

"No, it'll definitely be something nice…" She lied, knowing full well that she would have to watch her budget like a hawk from now on.

"I can't wait to see what you pick out; I wish I could go with you though…" He frowned, glaring at the papers now on the table.

"Don't worry about it; Sapna is going with me, so that should reassure you."

"Well, we should be going now; I don't want Malik to be late." Rishid said, a small smile on his features as he nodded to Isis.

"Alright, till then. Good luck, Malik." She watched as they exited the house, chattering outside before their voices being drowned out by the sound of two motorcycles. She let out an exasperated sigh, frustrated at being so limited to everything she did now. She would have to get a used car, since she would only be able to use the money in her bank account. A new car would mean a nice bill showing up every month. The doorbell from the door to her left rung just then.

"It's open!" She called, sipped the rest of her coffee from the mug.

"Ready to go?" Called a cheerful voice. Isis' only true friend wore an Indian outfit today, a sari to be exact. It was maroon and lined with gold. Her long hair braided down her back. Isislooked up and smiled.

"Yes, let's."

----

The dealership was packed with people, but that never stopped the salesmen from their high pressure sales as the two women were constantly harassed and pressured into purchase. Isis and Sapna found themselves in a small glass office, a pale looking man with greasy blonde hair to his shoulders before them. Isisonly smiled because she remembered the sarcastic comment Sapna had made privately about his high pressure sales method being as big as his nose.

"Well, I really don't know what to say, you don't have a down payment for me today, and you also want a low interest rate and monthly payment…" he went on, his nasally voice causing a distressed look from Sapna as she scribbled something down in her checkbook.

"Here, gudaha." She smiled sweetly at the man, and handed him a check. She had currently called him a donkey, but that didn't seem to go noticed being the fact that his eyes lit up at the check in front of him. "I'm giving you a down payment. Now I expect you to give my friend here a reasonable interest rate and a nice monthly payment." Isis' eyes widened.

"Sapna, no… I can handle this myself!"

"Just think of it as an early birthday present." She smiled and turned to the donkey of a salesman. "Now then, what can you do for us?"

"Actually, I don't need a monthly payment, I was thinking of just paying for it cash out of my account…" Isistrailed off, looked over at Sapna who nodded.

"Well…" the ugly mans eyes widened at the numbers on the check and greedily attached it to the papers. "I'll go talk to my boss here… cash would definitely interest him!" With that, he scurried off for the final word.

"Well, this is going unusually well…" Isissighed, looking over at her friend who nodded.

"Isis, I'm going to the bathroom. If the moron comes back before I do, just tell him to wait until I get back." She plucked her purse up and left the small office.

Isis looked around, bored now that she had no one to talk to. That is, until she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Well, well, well… didn't think you could afford coming to a place like this, Ishtar." Then that laugh came; only making Isisangrier.

----

Ahh! I know I'm evil!! R&R please!!