Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Comes a Knocking ❯ Destiny 19:Nothings What It Seems ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-Hello Hello thank you all for reading and those of you who actually review I give my special thanks.

Mai-Yeah yeah where are the two who got beat up

Sorceress-Don't know maybe someone locked them up in a trunk somewhere

Mai-I'll be back

Sorceress-Wonder what got into her?

Chapter 19: Not Everything Is What It Seems

"Kiaba!" Everyone gasps in surprise and shock while Kiaba is sitting eyeing everyone with his ice chilling eyes.

He smirks and then jumps down doing a flip in the air before landing on his feet with hands behind his back and points coolly to a very large and gorgeous palace painted almost completely in gold "If you walk about a mile that way into that palace, you will get quite a surprise."

Everyone looks on at the palace in awe Ryou was the first to overcome and ask skeptically "What kind of surprise?"

"Now that would be telling, now wouldn't it?" He smirks even more before disappearing in a blink of an eye. They blink in surprise and follow his advice even though they know it's a trap but what other choice did they have? They walk to the palace in silence looking for any signs of danger.

"This is bad." Ryou says while they get near the palace noticing it's not so gorgeous now but very dark and very spooky from there point of view.

'/It's only going to get worse/' Bakura says coming out of the Sennium Ring in his ghost form that only Ryou can see he really isn't a people person.

They walk in a double doors in a completely pitch black room except the little light the Shadow Realm provides that is coming from the door, but is abruptly slammed shut. They turn on their heels and try to get it open "It's no use the door won't budge."

Mai suddenly sees a torch flickering and turns around to the elegantly carved golden steps "What the hell is going on?"

Yugi appears and smirks putting a hand on his hip "Welcome to the palace that was entirely made up to kill you and take the rest of the Sennium Items."

Jyou growls and asks "How the hell are we going to do that when its practically pitch black?"

He looks around at the work and then smirks turning back to them "It is quite dark isn't it? Oh well you aren't going to survive any way."

Ishizu appears and smirks looking at them all very closely "You will get quite a challenge in these rooms but don't worry some of you will be brought to Hathor. Stay close we wouldn't want you to get lost." They laugh mockingly as they disappear again.

"Is that supposed to be reassuring?" Jyou asks to him-self and the others, while they start forward each with a torch in hand, walking toward the opening below the grand stair case.

Shadi that has been quiet the whole time speaks up but is suddenly deep in thought "I suppose."

Bakura turns back to them and snaps at them '/Watch where you step mortals this isn't a regular hall its probably even deadly/'

Honda looks at the entire place before some form of wall closes Shadi and Mai off from the opening as he asks "They really made it so we couldn't get out didn't they?"

Mai looks on in surprise "I guess it doesn't stay in place either."

"Or we get to stay with each other." Shadi says coming up to her.

She smiles sheepishly "Well at least were not alone."

Shadi sighs and looks at her and replies reluctantly "I suppose."

She stops and glares back at him "What’s that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." He says defensively as a trap door opens and he falls in so suddenly he doesn't even have a chance to cry out.

She walks over to it uncertainly and looks down at Shadi rubbing his soar bottom "What’s it with you and holes?"

------------------------------------------------

"Hey guys anyone there?" She calls out from a hall of mirrors suddenly very freaked out trying to find anyone that would find her and then she calls out uncertain "Hello?" jumping when she hears a rustling from behind her and then in front of her where someone calls.

"Over here Anzu." Jyou cries running up to her.

She sighs in relief and looks at him with a smile "Jyou. Don't do that you scared me have to death."

"What do you mean?" Jyou looks at her totally confused.

Anzu blinked in confusion and then looks behind her "Aren't you the one that came up from behind and made that weird noise?"

Jyou shook his head hurriedly "No, why would I do that?"

"Looks like everyone has been split up again." they hear a taunting voice that they all new too well.

They turned to see "Yugi!"

"Hello, so good to see you again." he says walking and looking at them with a wicked grin.

"Yugi I don't like that look in your eyes." Jyou says backing away from his best friend.

Yugi looked away trying half heartedly to look innocent "I don't know what your talking about I just learned a new trick and would like to share it with you is all."

"Trick?" Anzu asks not sure she really wanted to see his new 'trick'.

He smirks widely and then concentrates only to open them with a flash with crimson blood red eyes and a pure white coat of fur of a wolf with two black streaks on his side that shimmered red in a certain light "This."

He leaps towards her but hits Jyou instead taking a big chunk of flesh out of his arm "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Jyou puts pressure on his now bleeding wound all the way to the bone trying to stop it from bleeding and wincing all the while of its absolute pain he looks up at his now bleeding mouth and his side that is still bleeding "Come on Yug, you really don't want to do this." he pleaded.

"Oh but I think I do." He laughed with his voice full of venom.

"If you don't stop Yug I'll have to hurt you. You know I've never hurt you since we've became friends." He tried to reason with him as Anzu tied a piece of clothing onto his bleeding arm.

"Why would you do that because your a coward and won't do it." He says circling trying to decide how to kill his prey.

Jyou looks up suddenly with his twitching eye "I'll dismiss that as Hathor's influence."

"Do what you like." He leaps again but this time to in contact with air and a gut wrenching scream that he drove something into the already open wound in his side.

"Sorry Yug." He looked away with pain as he looked him and Anzu with hatred.

"You-----" He suddenly stops ready to use his all of his teeth to try and get him for what he did but turns away and transforms back into the Yugi they knew well, almost "Looks like I'm not the one to finish you off pity."

"Yugi? What happened to Yami?" Anzu asks fearfully as she looks toward the spot were he once was.

----------------------------------------------

"There you are I've been looking for you." Honda says about ready to kill him for the tenth time that day since he seemed to be leaving him at the last moment.

Bakura rolled his eyes '/What ever/'

Ryou sweat dropped as he tries to reassure his furious friend "Don't mind him he's not in the best of moods right now."

Honda huffed and turned his head "I can see that." They walk a little while before Honda notices something about one of the rooms "Hey there's light on in that room."

Bakura's eyes widen as he hears that '/Wait /'

He is too late he walks right into a trap "Wahhhh!" a trap with points sharp spikes at the bottom in a well lite room.

"Stupid fool it is supposed to be rigid remember." Ryou Bakura snaps irritably.

"Oh yeah I forgot." He rubs that back of his head sheepishly.

Ryou Bakura rolls his eyes "Well obviously."

He gets up in a huff and growls "Well Mr. Tomb Robber where do we go from here?"

Ryou comes out beside them since Bakura switched places with him at the last minute '/That was a very bad pun you know that?/'

"Thats why I said it." Honda says grinning widely as they burst into laughing.

"Shut up Mortals."

"That’s not very nice." A certain someone says.

"Huh? If it isn't the mighty Pharaoh." Bakura says as he looks to the side to see Yugi leaning against the wall. "Ohhh but I didn't get to annoy you until now." he says pretending to pout.

"If you ask me you annoy me enough." he says snapping at him.

"Why is the 'high and mighty' here anyway?" Bakura says glaring at him.

He smirks "Torture was always my strongest point."

"No it isn't, you were kind not a monster like him." He says pointing to him.

"Hey!"

He glares at him "I've changed," He points down a hall "at the end of the maze Hathor and her sister are waiting."

"Wait since when do we have to fight her sister?" Honda asks in shock of this new information.

"Go on ahead." Bakura suddenly says still glaring at Yugi.

"Are you sure?" Honda asks skeptically he really wasn't on good terms with him but he didn't want him to get hurt.

"Yes now go." He nods and leaves.

"So now what the mighty Tomb Robber challenges me to a duel?" Yugi asks smirking.

He smirks back "You better believe it."

He nods and the duel systems come out "Very well I will start things off with Kings Knight."

------------------------------------------

--Some where else--

Mai and Shadi were waiting in front of a door undecidedly to go in and were about to when Mai spots a certain someone "Honda, where've ya been?" and then suddenly remembers a trap "Wait!" a couple of poisonous arrows come shooting out no big just a couple hundred.

He sighs and runs up to them "We got stopped by Yugi and Bakura decided to duke it out with a duel."

"What?!" Mai asks about ready go tearing over there when Honda stops her.

"Wait, Yugi said Hathor and her sister are waiting in the middle of this thing I think we should get there first." Honda says pointing to the door they were about to go in.

Mai step over to him "But why in a duel?"

Honda looks a little nervous "Long story."

Shadi opens the door and there standing in the middle of it is the two sisters Shadi looks for any possible signs of traps "Watch where you step."

"Well here we are." Honda says looking up to them.

They woman with black hair grins wickedly "Welcome, my name is Kasha."

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Now where did that pesky Mai go

Mai-Right here

Sorceress-Did you find them

Yugi-Yes right where you put us

Yami-Yeah you could of given us brain damage

Sorceress-To bad I didn't

Yami & Yugi-WHAT

Sorceress-I didn't say anything