Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Kills ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


I sat down by the water's edge, cupping my hands to take a deep drink of the Nile water. I had managed to slip away from my master, getting lost quickly in the large crowd of people who clammered around to see the Pharoah. But I only wanted cool water; I had not had the chance to break from the labor earlier until my master had heard that the Pharoah was coming. Then, he made everyone stop what they were doing. Most of the older slaves were given water, minus me and a few younger slaves who were no where to be found. Behind me, I could hear the horses, the people nearly begging to see the Pharoah and I gave a small snort. I really wished he could be out here and see what happens to us slaves, to save us from the misery, but I knew that would never happen. I hunkered close to the ground, moving to my left a couple feet, then stood up quickly and whirled around. That was a bad idea.

I wound up whirling into a cloaked figure, only a few inches taller than me. I gasped, my eyes flying open as I was propelled backwards in the water. I groaned, closing my eyes in pain as I rubbed my sore butt in the cool water. I glanced up, seeing water dripping from the hem of the figure and I shrunk down, afraid that I was going to be beaten for this.

"Are you all right?" the figure asked, getting down to my level. I didn't answer; I was too afraid to open my eyes and look at the person. But, something deep down told me to look up and stare into the face of the man. My eyes widened as I took in who I had run into.

'Oh no!' I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, knowing that I was as good as dead now. I had run into the Pharoah! I bit my lip, frowning and nearly whimpering as I imagined the pain with the whippings that would come.

"Are you all right?" he asked again, this time grabbing my chin and forcing me to look up at him. I could barely meet his gaze as his eyes searched mine and even he was surprised. We both looked alike! Same hair, same eyes, everything, minus the height difference. "Well," he said quietly, titling his head sideways at me. Then he stood up, lifting me with him. I looked down at my feet quickly, knowing that I had no right to stare at the Pharoah.

"Please don't whip me," the words fell from my lips and I gasped, quickly looking up at him. His face creased, frowning with concern.

"Now, tell me why I'd have you whipped." he said, cocking his head sideways at me.

"Because I ran into you. I got you wet,"I whispered, hanging my head, knowing that the leather would be brought down on my back. I heard him chuckle and I looked back up at him.

"No, I am not going to have you whipped. I have other plans for you actually." he smiled, his eyes creasing with kindness. I blinked. Other plans? I shook my head at his words, confused by their meaning.

"You're no longer going to live here. I've searched everywhere for you my aibou." he said, pulling me close to his body as he moved from the water's edge. I still shook my head. I didn't know what was going on.

"What do you mean "aibou"?"I asked without thinking, before slamming a hand to my mouth to keep me from saying more. He smiled and suddenly, people who looked in our direction parted and bowed. I swallowed loudly, half of me wanting to run away, the other half wanting to stay by his side.

"Yes, I've searched many years for you little one." he said, leading me past all of the people. "I've searched many years for you."