Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Distant Brothers ❯ Hurt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Distant Brothers

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Chapter 1: Hurt

*******************

Mokuba loved his brother. He cared for him more than anything in the world. However, it didn't look like Mokuba's brother, Seto, loved him back in return. Even know they lived with each other, they seemed so far apart since they never did speak to each other much. It hurt Mokuba that his brother paid more attention to cards and games than him, but what could he do?

"I'm going to the arcade now!" The young Kaiba stepped out of his mansion. He knew that his brother probably didn't care that he was going out, but he yelled it out anyway. He did that because when he got home his brother would get angry that he didn't tell him where he went. So, Mokuba would yell where is went out to prior to when he was leaving, then he would just reply that he told him and he must have not heard him--it always gets the older Kaiba brother to stop asking, while yelling, to where he went off to.

Usually Mokuba would go to the arcade in his family's limo, but today was one of those days. One of 'those days' is when Mokuba was feeling upset that his brother was never around to be with him. Like to do brother stuff, hang out, play together; He never had the opportunity to do that with Seto ever since they were adopted by Gozaburo.

"Hmm….I wonder what game I should play first when I get there." He asked himself while he walked along the sidewalk. "Maybe pinball?...Nah." He suddenly stopped walking.

"I don't really feel like going to the arcade now that I think of it. I'll just go to the park instead." He made a detour into the Domino park entrance.

"Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if brother and I still had our parents...And how happy I would be if brother cared for me." He laid down on the grass and sighed. "I don't know if he hates me or not, but he really makes it look like he does." He tugged on a strand of his hair.

"Why is my life so difficult!?" He let go of his hair and with both of his hands he ripped out grass from the floor and threw it on himself. He felt so alone.

*************************

Mokuba awoke startled to a loud beeping noise. He looked around franticly to see where he was, he remembered he was at the park, but now it was dark.

"I must have fallen asleep."

He noticed his phone was ringing. "I've been out for too long...Brother must be angry." The young Kaiba gulped then pulled out his cell phone from his pocket.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you Mokuba?! Do you know what time it is!?!" Seto yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry brother." He stood up and began to walk to the exit of the park. "I...."

"Shut up! Just shut up! You better get home right now!!" Seto slammed his phone into the receiver harshly.

Mokuba slipped his phone into his pocket and walked a bit faster than before. He began to power walk, then switched to jogging. He finally started to sprint, not stopping for even a moment to catch his breath. Mokuba was very afraid that his brother would hurt him if he didn't come home quick. As he ran he would breath very loud, gasping for air.

It seemed that everyone was against him to get home fast. The wind and leaves were blowing very hard in his direction, which would slow him down a bit, but not much. In Mokuba's case, being slowed down, even by a bit, was not good.

Mokuba thought he would never make it home quick, but he did. It only took him eighteen minutes.

***************************

The black haired Kaiba slipped into his mansion quietly. He hoped Seto had not been waiting for him at the door like the last time he had come home late. Luckily for him, the older Kaiba was no where in sight.

"I'm gonna go to bed now..." Mokuba whispered to himself. He didn't want to speak in a normal voice in fear his brother would hear he had arrived home. He began to power walk to the stairs.

"No your not." A cold voice spoke. The voice sent chills down Mokuba's back. He only knew one person who's voice was that scary; his brother's.

"Please let me explain why I came home late!" Mokuba pleaded.

"You have ten seconds."

"I was on my way to the arcade and then I decided to go to the park instead..." Mokuba was speaking as fast as he could like there was no tomorrow. "I fell asleep on accident at the park. I'm sorry brother! I'm sorry!"

Seto's cruel face had not changed its emotion, not even once. It seemed like he was enjoying himself by watching his brother afraid.

"That's not a very good reason..." Seto gritted his teeth. "I told you to never come home late! You should obey what I say!"

Mokuba had had it. Seto treated him like a pet, always having to obey, never having a say in anything. He then was suddenly angered from his brother yelling at him for a stupid reason.

"Well what do you want me to say?" He spoke in a sarcastic tone. "Sorry I came home late brother, I had to go save the world from this giant fish that was invading Domino city. Is that an acceptable reason to you?" He looked into his brother's eyes and they no longer seemed annoyed, they looked furious. He regretted what he had spoken at that moment.

"You dare to speak to me that way?" He grabbed Mokuba's wrist and bent down to face the frightened boy. He whispered to him in a heartless tone. "Your very lucky...I would hit you right now but I am keeping myself from doing so." He stood up and pushed the young boy. "Get the hell out of my face!" He grunted and walked off.

"Brother..." Tears came down his face. He couldn't believe his brother was going to hurt him. He was afraid of him. "How could Gozaburo do this to you..." He wiped away his tears, but more came down. "Why did he have to change you to the way you are now? I miss the old you..." Mokuba hugged himself to comfort him since no one else would and was around to do it.

He began to walk. It looked like he was dizzy since he was moving back and forth while walking to the stairs. When he tried to go up the stairs he fell down on the first step. He couldn't take it anymore. All the pain he had kept inside him had suddenly exploded out without warning. Mokuba started to cry loudly.

"Why don't you care for me?!" He buried his face in his hands. He no longer cared if anyone saw him cry. He had kept his emotions inside for too long, he didn't want to end up like his brother, keeping his emotions locked away forever. He never wanted to become the person Seto was. Mokuba wanted friends, but he had none, none that were the kind of friends he wanted.

"Get up."

Mokuba looked up and saw his brother standing a couple of stairs above him, he didn't look very happy either. "Brother I..." He began.

"Don't start." Seto lifted Mokuba up by pulling on his shirt sleeve. "Your going to go to your room now so you can cry in there like a baby without me hearing you!"

Seto practically dragged Mokuba all the way to his room. By the time Mokuba had reached his room his arm had hurt.

"Baby..." Seto muttered on his way out.

The black-haired Kaiba wept on his bed. He would stop briefly to wipe his tears then he would continue. He hated his life. His brother was always cruel to him. How he missed the days when Seto would smile at him and play outside in the park. Those days when Seto would tuck him in and say goodnight. And times when he was sick his brother would stay by his side till he was sound asleep.

...But those days are gone and they will never return.

To Be Continued

~