Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Domino High ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Domino High
 
School had just ended and the students were returning home after being introduced to their classes. Before Yugi could exit the door, he waved goodbye to Anzu and left with Jonouchi. The two were watching the ultimate wrestling match of the century tonight.
 
Although Yugi would never fight someone, the boy absolutely loved wrestling. Why? Not because he knew no one really got hurt but because he just thought that he should be tough and loved like that one day.
 
Jonouchi met up with Honda and hugged his best friend asking, “Ready for the match of the century, my man?”
 
“More than ever!” Honda replied, “Ryuji and I need to learn some moves so we can put a jerk in his place!”
 
“Who is it this time?” Yugi asked in a nervous tone.
 
Honda preferred not to specify that with an answer. If Jonouchi knew that it was his sister's boyfriend, he'd flip and probably knock Honda's jaw out.
 
The wrestling match was intense. 9 fighters went up against the champion, Bandit Keith Howard (He's actually called that in the original. How odd) but none of them was a match for the heavy weight champion of the world.
 
Keith lifted his arms up in triumph and asked, “Who dares challenge the bandit?”
 
Yami appeared in Yugi's mind once again and said, “Yugi, let me fight him. His showboating makes me wish that he wasn't the champion anymore.”
 
Yugi sighed and said, “Okay, but try not to stay out for too long, okay? Need I remind you of last time I released you?”
 
Yami nodded and Yugi raised his hand shouting, “I challenge you, Keith!”
 
The audience gasped in horror as Jonouchi cringed and spat, “Yugi, what are you doing?”
 
“It's not what I'm doing,” Yugi replied with the wink, “It's what Yami's doing.”
 
As he dashed down to the arena, Honda and Jonouchi stared and asked, “He still has that thing living inside him.”
 
For some odd reason, Bakura and his date were also in the audience. Yami Bakura found it odd that a kid would challenge a wrestling champ.
 
Keith let down a sweat drop and whispered in the boy's ear, “Listen, uh, kid, I'm not supposed to actually hurt anyone. You're small build could very well get me fired. Don't try to be a hero while you're still young.”
 
Yugi gleamed at him and replied, “Don't worry. I won't beat you too much.”
 
Keith growled and retorted, “Forget it, punk! You're not leaving this ring alive!”
 
Honda and Jonouchi shielded their eyes and shouted, “I can't watch!” while Yami Bakura observed this and thought, `Why does that boy look so familiar?'
 
Bakura's date gasped and asked, “Isn't that your friend, Yugi?”
 
Everyone gathered around at the sound of that and started going on about “He's friends with Bakura?” and “He's going to get creamed. This must be so hard on you.”
 
As the manager rang the gong, Yami immediately switched places with Yugi. Now Keith was faced with a 7-foot-tall teenager with an evil look in his eyes. Sadly, no one seemed to notice the difference.
 
As Keith threw the first punch of the match out at the kid, Yami blocked it with his mere palm and twisted Keith's wrist. Keith writhed in pain and spat, “I didn't mean for that to happen! What kind of monster are you?”
 
“I'm a high school student,” the spirit replied rather calmly.
 
The bandit growled and grappled the young man in what everyone knew as his legendary hold. He wrapped his arms around his opponent's forehead and placed his legs right up to the boy's ankles. With that, he snapped Yami's head back and planted his toes into the spirit's ankles causing the boy to fall backwards.
 
The crowd gasped in horror as Jonouchi and Honda trembled and uttered, “Even the spirit couldn't beat him!”
 
Almost abruptly, to everyone's horror, Yami staggered back up to his feet, snapped his bones right back into place and shrugged off the pain in a rather calm manner. The entire audience was cheering in anticipation. Clearly, this was no simple high school student.
 
Some of the bullies from school turned to their friends and asked, “Hey isn't that Yugi Muto?”
 
“Yeah,” the others would reply, “I always thought of him as a wimp.”
 
Keith growled and spat, “How did you survive that? I guess I didn't do it right! Even big strong guys can't get up after that!”
 
Yami simply sped behind the bandit, grabbed onto his arm and threw the man over his shoulder against the ropes. Bandit Keith bounced off of the ropes and flew at the boy in what was known as his legendary head-butt.
 
Luckily, the spirit was prepared. He simply readied his leg and delivered a fierce kick to the wrestler's right cheek causing Keith to fall to the ground in massive pain.
 
The bandit regained consciousness and spat, “No kid will ever defeat me!”
 
The audience started with roar with anticipation. Never in their life had anyone faired so well against the bandit. This was the first time any of Keith's matches had lasted more than a minute.
 
Jonouchi and Honda raised their hands and shouted, “Yeah, that's the way to go, Yugi! Kick his butt!”
 
“Wait…” Honda stated, “Does this mean we've been worshipping a big phony all this time?”
 
“Nah,” Jonouchi retorted, “If that guy faced Yugi, he'd have won in 2 seconds.”
 
Keith lunged at his opponent and forced him back. Yami knew that Bandit Keith was trying to pin him to the mat, so he lifted up and leg and used it to force the bandit over his head and land head-first onto the mat. After that, he jumped on top of the man, grabbed onto his leg and bent it far back so Keith was now wailing in intense pain.
 
Just as the bandit was about to say “I give”, Yami froze, released his grip on the wrestler's leg and passed out. It was official. Yami's time in the human realm was up and now he had to return to the spirit realm else he'd die.
 
Honda knew what was going on, ran up to Yugi along with Jonouchi and asked, “Quick! How did we send Yami back last time?”
 
“Anzu used some kind of ancient chant she found on the Internet when searching for his past,” Jonouchi replied, “but she's not around and I don't remember the chant!”
 
Honda pondered this as many spectators gathered around. Yami Bakura grimaced and cursed, “I knew it. That boy is the reincarnation and keeper of Yami Yugi.”
 
Bakura gasped and said, “I know the chant that can save him!”
 
Bakura went right up to body, despite his spirit's protest and chanted a series of word in ancient Egyptian. As if by magic, Yugi had replaced Yami and said, “Sorry, but Yami couldn't last I guess. Bakura, how did you know the chant?”
 
Bakura shook and laughed nervously and answered, “I found it on the Internet once. So you're the keeper of Yami Yugi, huh? That's pretty amazing… I gotta go now! Come on, Yori, your curfew is in ten minutes!”
 
Keith stared and asked, “What happened kid? I was ready to give up. You're really powerful.”
 
Jonouchi pulled on his collar and stuttered, “Uh… he has a strange medical condition that was supposed to be gone today! Yeah, that should do it.”
 
The announcer walked into the arena and said, “Condition or not, Keith's opponent was out for more than ten seconds, therefore he loses and Keith still remains the reining champ!”
 
Nobody could even cheer for this. Keith admitted that he was going to give up. Still, there was nothing that could be done, so Keith walked Yugi's weak body out of the stadium to Jonouchi's car and said, “I'm sorry that had to happen, kid. You could have been the new champion.”
 
Yugi shook his head and replied, “I can't take your title away. You need to make a living, and if I beat you, you could very well be out of a job.”
 
Keith's eyes widened as he said, “I think I know what's really going on. You faked your condition so I wouldn't lose my title! That was very nice of you!”
 
Nobody said a thing about the match after that. As Jonouchi drove Yugi and Honda home, Yugi regained all the strength in his body and asked, “Jonouchi, I heard that your parents left you alone for the week, is that correct?”
 
The boy's friend turned to him and stated, “Yes, that is true. Why?”
 
Yugi smiled and asked, “How would you like to sleep over at my house on your first night alone? That way, your parents wouldn't have to worry about you?”
 
Jonouchi was about to protest, but realized that Yugi was serious, nodded his head and said, “Sure, I haven't had a sleepover with anyone in a weak. It'll be great! We can stay up late and watch Horror Night, 4 straight hours of horror movies!”
 
Yugi nodded as Jonouchi stopped the car and let Honda out.
 
10 minutes later, the two returned to Yugi's house where Yugi explained the situation to his mother who happily agreed that Jonouchi could not be left alone in his house at night. (Surprisingly, Yugi does have a mom, but I haven't seen any evidence of her, have you?)
 
Jonouchi made the popcorn for Horror Night and Yugi set up a system that would allow them to watch with no distractions. He let the dog in so not to be distracting by wining, unplugged the phone in his room so his mother would have to answer every call and turned off his cell.
 
Jonouchi brought in the snacks, and before turning on the TV, he turned to Yugi and asked, “What is it you wanted to discuss with me?”
 
“How did you know what this was about?” Yugi asked as Jonouchi rolled his eyes and said, “That's the only reason you ever just suddenly invite me over for a sleepover.”
 
Yugi blinked and sighed. He put on a serious look as he stated, “I kinda like this one girl, but the sad fact is that I'm too scared to be upfront with her about it and I'm sure she doesn't LIKE like me. She probably likes me, but not in the romantic sense.”
 
Jonouchi sighed, shook his head and suggested, “Just go up to her one of these days and tell her your true feelings when you're ready. Girls love a man who can be upfront with these things.”
 
Yugi blinked a couple of times and replied, “I'm not too sure Mai likes that very much.”
 
“Yeah,” Jonouchi said while nodding, “but I do it in the wrong fashion. I highly doubt you'd ever deliberately grope a woman's breasts repeatedly.”
 
Yugi nodded as Jonouchi turned on the TV. Now one problem remained. Yugi had no idea when to tell this said girl the truth.