Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Domino High ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Domino High
 
Today was another simple day of school. It started with Yugi, Jonouchi and Anzu having a Science lesson on compounds. Sadly, the stereotype was shown and Jonouchi couldn't learn a thing while Yugi nearly fell asleep.
 
Anzu, who ironically sat next to Yugi nudged him on the side and said, “Yugi, you have to take notes. You're one of the brightest students here. Don't ruin it for yourself.”
 
Suddenly, the teacher marched up to Anzu's desk and asked, “Is there a problem, Miss Mazaki?”
 
Anzu nodded and said, “I'm just trying to keep Yugi focused on the lesson.”
 
“That's the Anzu everyone knows,” the teacher stated, “While lots of you have fallen asleep and done nothing about it, AND DON'T THINK I DIDN'T NOTICE, Anzu here is trying to keep one of our school's best students from failing. I recommend doing to the same because our school has a good reputation of having bright students, except Jonouchi. How he got here no one knows.”
 
The boy cringed at the sound of this, stood up and spat, “Wait just a minute, teach! I'm trying to learn as best I can here, but the way you describe compounds, you make it sound like a chore to find out what they are!”
 
The man raised an eyebrow and asked, “What might I ask is confusing to you?”
 
“Let's start with the numbers that you stick in after the letters,” Jonouchi started up, “You say that this number is based off of how many spaces away from the first compound in that row is in. Two seconds later, you tell us that it has to do with the atomic number! (I suffer this same problem every class) So, which is it? Make up your mind!”
 
“You have something there,” the teacher said, “I too can find that concept rather confusing, but the method depends on what you're doing. Tell you what. I'll give everyone in the class a list of compounds and every time you take a test, you're job will not be figuring out the formulas, but rather memorizing the compounds. That would logically make it easy even for the dumb students, for you can also secretly use the list to cheat your way out of failure as long as I don't catch you.”
 
Jonouchi simply stared in disbelief as everyone around him applauded his performance and cheered, “Good job, Jonouchi! You made my worst subject easy!”
 
With that, the bell rang and everyone was ready for their next classes. Yugi had Honda and Mai in his next class, which was Math. Basically, the year was to simply start with easy subject matter like adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
 
After that, Yugi and Ryuji were in a Foods course. The reason Yugi hadn't packed a lunch today was because he would just eat what he cooked in the day's class.
 
With that, the bell rang and it was finally lunch time. Ryuji and Honda sat at the same table and looked over at Kawai who was enjoying sharing lunch with James. Honda grunted and spat, “That guy makes me sick the way he shares lunch just to impress women! Doesn't he know that Kawai has the superior lunch? A gentleman would let the woman eat the better meal.”
 
“Yes, this man is a disgrace!” Ryuji agreed, “Here's my plan. We march right up to him at the end of school after Kawai has left and we beat the living crap out of him!”
 
“Nobody stands a chance against us!” Honda replied as the two shook hands. Suddenly, the two realized that they had basically touched one-another's hand, so they immediately let go, rubbed the backs of their necks and uttered nervously, “Well… uh… I'll see you after school… yeah…”
 
The rest of the day went swimmingly. Yugi and Kawai were together in Social Class. Yugi turned to her and asked, “So how did you end up in the same grade as your brother?”
 
Kawai laughed and stated, “I skipped two grades last year when I scored straight 100's on my report card and 120% in Second Language.” (This will surely patch up some confusion)
 
After an hour and eight minutes, class was over and the last class on Yugi's agenda was English, his second language course.
 
One more hour and that was it. School was done for the day.
 
Honda and Ryuji hid around a corner and watched James say goodbye to Kawai. This was their moment.
 
The two marched up to James and tapped him on the shoulder. James turned around and said, “Hi, you're Kawai's friends, aren't you? I hope you don't mind her wanting to spend more time with me than you guys. Anyway, I'm James. Did you come here to introduce yourselves?”
 
“Actually,” Ryuji stated, “we DO mind her spending more time with you.”
 
Honda cracked his knuckles and said, “We did want to introduce some people to you, Mr. Knuckle and Ms. Sandwich!”
 
James' eyes widened as the two punched him in the face. They continued to beat the boy senseless until James pulled a fast one, pinned Ryuji to the floor and started bending his arm.
 
Ryuji knocked his fist countless times against the floor and screamed, “I give! We were just jealous fools!”
 
James gladly let Ryuji go only for the teen to leap onto his shoulders and rap his legs around James' neck. While this happened, Honda socked the boy in the chest.
 
While these two continued to lay the beat down on the one who stole their dream girl, that said dream girl happened to turn the corner and witness the event for herself. Honda turned around and noticed Kawai shed a tear and shout, “I thought you liked my boyfriend! How could you do this? I hate you!”
 
She burst into tears and ran to another corner. Honda let his arm out and shouted, “Wait, come back Kawai!”
 
With that, he made a bound for it as Ryuji stared in confusion and James managed to get free and start beating the living tar out of his current oppressor.
 
Honda simply turned to corner to see Kawai crying really hard. He sat down next to her and asked, “Can you let me explain that for just a minute?”
 
Kawai wiped a tear off of her face and said, “I know what's going on. You don't like James.”
 
Honda shook his head and said, “It's true that we don't like him, but that's only because he started dating you. See, from the moment I laid eyes on you, I've always had my sights on you. I've always thought of starting a relationship with you, getting married and having our own little Hiroto Honda.”
 
Kawai looked at him and asked, “Is this true?”
 
Honda nodded and suddenly clasped onto the girl's hand with his own two hands. He looked her straight in the eye and asked, “Do you love James?”
 
Kawai hesitated for a moment and then nodded. Honda sighed and said, “If you really do love him, then I won't let your dating get to me. If you're truly happy, you can spend your life with him for all I care! But if he hurts you, he'll be hurt back, alright?”
 
Kawai nodded, smiled and said, “Thank you, Honda.”
 
Honda grinned and said, “Maybe I should apologize and tell Ryuji that our revenge plan is off.”
 
The two nodded and turned the corner. Upon doing so, they noticed James standing on top of Ryuji's beaten body singing, “We are the champions, my friends! We'll keep on fighting till the end!”
 
Honda pushed him to the side and explained, “Ryuji, the revenge plan is off. You can stop beating him up now.”
 
“You didn't have to tell me that!” Ryuji spat, “I stopped the second you left, not that I had a choice!”
 
Honda rested his hand on his ally's shoulder and said, “Listen, Kawai really loves this guy. We don't need to make her miserable by pairing her up with the wrong guy.”
 
Ryuji understood completely what his partner was getting at and the two apologized. James gladly forgave them and explained that he expected this from them.
 
The next day, Honda was having a little trouble opening his locker. “What's wrong?” Ryuji asked.
 
“Damned thing won't open!” Honda cursed, “I unlocked it yet it refuses to open! Quick, help me out here!”
 
Ryuji placed a firm grip on the handle and together, the two managed to pry it open as half of the contents fell out of it. Ryuji laughed and jeered, “Now I see why you couldn't get it open! You have too much junk in here! Don't you know that more contents make it harder to open?”
 
Honda sighed and said, “I guess I should bring some of this home.”
 
As Honda gathered up his stuff, James and Kawai both showed up to open their lockers. James turned to his girlfriend and asked, “So, are you still on for that movie tonight?”
 
Kawai shook her head and said, “Sorry, but I have a plan for tonight.”
 
“What's that?” James asked as Kawai blushed, looked over at Honda who was now struggling to get all of his junk back in his locker and answered, “I'm dating Hiroto Honda tonight.”
 
Ryuji and James both gasped as Honda raised his head, finally accomplishing his tedious task and uttered, “Hm?”
 
James' eyes widened as he asked, “What are you talking about? You must be delirious! I'm your boyfriend!”
 
“Not anymore,” Kawai replied, “You're very sweet, but yesterday, I realized what a gentleman Honda can be, and he's loved me longer than anyone else every has.”
 
She walked up to Honda, kissed him and said, “Honda, you're the boy for me. Pick me up tonight!”
 
James stood there with his jaw dropped and sniffed, “This is her definition of a good break-up?”
 
Honda blushed. He hadn't expected this. Apparently, his speech yesterday to Kawai had turned her on. Ryuji shook his hand and said, “Congratulation, pal! You got the girl!”
 
Honda blinked and replied, “You mean you're not mad?”
 
“Nah,” Ryuji said, “Don't you remember, we were always competing for her love, and after all this time, you ended up being the victor. Congratulations, buddy! Oh, and if she leaves you, the competition starts up again, got it?”
 
Honda nodded as the two punched their fists together.