Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 3: Old Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: (looks cautiously around the room) Hello everyone, I'm currently hiding from Kaze because she's PO'd at me worse than usual. I'm still not sure what it's about... probably me not working on my other stories...

Keitaro: (creeps into the room) Shiro, Kaze's coming this way down the hall, you'd better hurry up and get this posted!

Kaze: CROSSBREED!

Shiro: (yelps) Oh shit!

Kaze: (runs into the room) There you are! I'm going to kill you, you lazy bum!

Shiro: BYE!

-CRACK-

Shiro: (gone... again)

Kaze: (curses) (runs off in search of Shiro)

Keitaro: Umm... Here Tama, you say it! (runs off to figure out where Shiro's hiding now)

Tama: (blinks) Okay... Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! in any way. She does own me, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, and my three Chaos dragons. (as far as she knows anyway...) And the plot too.

Chapter 3
Tama wasn’t seen by any of the group for the rest of the day up until lunch. Of course, she only has first period and two classes after lunch with at least one of them.

Today the group is sitting outside underneath a surprisingly large oak tree. Joey and Tristan are fighting about something, Tea’s chatting with Yugi about dancing and school while their eating, and Duke, Ryou, and Malik are eating and discussing Duel Monsters.

“Hey you guys.” Tama tiredly says as she reaches the group. “Sorry I’m late. Getting through the lunch line was pure hell.”

Malik smiles at the sight of her. “You’re finally here! Come have a seat and take this stupid thing.” He says, holding up her Millennium Dragon.

((Thing! I am not a thing!))

Tama sighs in relief and sits down beside him. “Thank Ra you have it. I was worried when I couldn’t find my laptop of it.” She carefully takes the necklace from Malik and slips it on.

“Yugi was the one who found them.” Malik says, handing over her laptop.

“Tama, come here for a second!” Yugi calls, interrupting their small talk.

“Hmm…?” Tama blinks before crawling over to her other cousin and Tea, her laptop in hand. “‘sup?”

Tea smiles. “Yugi told me you’ve been doing a bit of dancing and singing since you left Domino. I was wondering if you’d like to have a contest or play te dancing game at the arcade with me.”

Tama shakes her head no. “I’m not very good at dancing, and I’m just okay at singing. My skill lies in computers and dueling.”

“What about your guitar?” Yugi asks. “You used to play it really well when we were kids. I remember you playing ‘Happy Birthday’ on it for grandpa.”

Tama blushes. “I- I wasn’t that good, Yugi. Besides, its been a long time since I’ve played it.” She turns away and opens her laptop, bringing up the 3D file again.

“‘Not very good’?” Yugi repeats. “Tama, you and Kiba almost had a band going for a while, remember? It was you, Kiba, Damian, and… and…” He thinks for a minute. “What was that other guy’s name? The one with brown hair.”

“Shirozaki Seto.” Tama replies, typing something very quickly before clicking another area and typing again. “I think he handled the more minor instruments and the piano and keyboard.”

Everyone else had looked over at the small tri-color haired girl when she had said the name ‘Seto’.

“Wait a sec, Tama.” Joey says. “You didn’ say ‘Seto’, did ya?”

“I did.” Tama replies, looking up. “Any reason why that’d be a bad thing?”

A voice from her computer kills this conversation.

//Ouch! Is this piece of shit on?// A boy asks.

Now everyone crowds around Tama and looks at the laptop. Tama sighs at their behavior, but dismisses it as normal.

//Hey Tam’, ya there? If you are, then I got a message for you: Turn on your damn camera.//

Tama grins, now recognizing the voice and the accent, and clips a small camera onto the top of her laptop and then plugs it in. “Hey Damian! Whassup?”

A small screen pops up. On the screen is a black spiky haired boy with neon green tips of hair and honey brown eyes. In one ear he has two earrings; one gold and one silver, and in the other is just a gold earring.

//How’s my favorite English-gal doin’?// Damian asks. //Looks like you’re a bit crowded at the moment. Bad time?//

“I’m fine, Damian. Hows my states bud doing?”

//I’m cool… Hey, where the heck are ya anyway? I can’t tell ya how long it took for me at track ya down.// Damian says, sticking his face closer to his camera.

Tama laughs. “Nice eye shot, Dami’. I’m back in Domino, or could you not tell?”

Damian blinks and sits back. //Oh, I thought I saw shrimpo behind ya. Hey Yug! How the heck are ya?// He blinks again. //Tam’, please tell me that ain’t the psychopathic tomb keeper ova cousin ya made meh meet.//

Malik smirks. “Hey pretty-boy.”

Damian’s left eye twitches. //Hey Tam’, call me later when nutso ain’t around. He gives me a headache.//

Tama resists laughing at him. “Later Damian.” She waits until he closes his side of the link before unplugging her own camera and unclipping it. Then she turns off the laptop and closes it. Tama looks at Malik and raises an eyebrow. “‘Pretty-boy’? Malik, is there something you’re not telling me?”

“He used to have long hair.” Malik says defensively. “And then there was the whole ‘Truth or Dare’ incident that involved him and Ishizu’s makeup and jewelry.”

“I remember that…” Tama murmurs. “That was funny… he looked like a girl.”

-RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!-

And thus the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. Tama curses and shoves the only edible piece of food into her mouth - a roll - and then drags Malik and Yugi off to their next class. Everyone else soon follows.

After Detention

Tama yawns and lays her head on Malik’s shoulder as she walks with him and Yugi. “Yugi, I can’t believe you waited for us. Although… it does make things a little easier.”

“Is something wrong, Tama? You never did tell me why you moved here.” Yugi says, looking worriedly at her.

“I’m fine. Well, as fine as I can be.” Tama corrects herself.

“She just needs to live with you and your grandpa because if her and I live together the world would be doomed.” Malik says. “That and Ishizu couldn’t take us being in the same house. Bad things happen.”

Tama nods in agreement. “Always,” She says. “always.”

Yugi sweat drops. “Well, lets go talk to grandpa. You’ll probably have to sleep on the couch until we get the guest room set up.”

“That’s fine, Yugi.” Tama says, taking a step away from Malik when he pokes her. “I’m sure the couch is a better place to sleep on than the crappy apartment bed of mine.”

“Tama…!” Marik hisses. “Tama!” He pokes her in her side, making her jump.

“Malik, what on ear-” Tama stops mid sentence. “Marik?!” She hisses back. “What the hell?”

“Little-light needs to forgive silver-pretty.” Marik whispers to her, making sure Yugi can’t hear him.

Tama immediately ignores him. “Hey Yugi, do you wanna race to the game shop? I’m pretty sure I remember the way.”

“What am I suppose to do then?” Malik asks, regaining control of his body.

Tama thinks for a moment. “Hey Malik, isn’t your motorcycle still at school in the parking lot?”

Malik curses himself for forgetting and looks back down the road. The school is nearly a half a mile back right now.

“Later Malik!” Tama and Yugi yell at the same time as the blonde Egyptian takes off running.

Before Malik disappears from sight, Tama hears Marik whisper, “Listen, little-light.” Tama sighs heavily before turning to Yugi. “So, are we gonna race or just walk?”

Yugi smiles. “I’ll see you at the game shop!” He cries, taking off running.

Tama stands there and blinks for a moment. “Wait a sec, hey Yugi! That’s not fair!” She takes off after him, starting off with a fast sprint.

((Tama.))

Tama almost trips at the sound of Yume’s voice. ‘Y-yume! Don’t scare me like that!’ She yells at her yami, quickening her pace in an effort to catch up with Yugi.

((I know it seems odd that I’m trying to get you to talk to Ryou.))

‘Enough that you’d get Marik in on it too…’ Tama grumbles.

Yume ignores Tama and continues. ((But something’s telling me you have to forgive him. A sort of a nagging feeling that’s been growing stronger all day. Something weird is going on in this city, Tama.))

‘Oh, like what?’ Tama asks as she pauses on the sidewalk to make sure there’s no cars coming before darting across the road. Less than ten feet in front of her is Yugi.

((Some energy. Another shadow magic besides our, Malik’s, and Marik’s.))

A wave of nervousness and worry washes over Tama from her other half.

‘Yume, calm down.’ Tama murmurs, speeding up enough to catch up with her slightly smaller cousin. ‘Whatever it is, I’m sure we can handle it. But what’s this got to do with Ryou?’

By now the Turtle Game Shop s in sight.

((Honestly? I have no idea, hikari. It’s just this weird feeling…))

‘Weird good or weird bad?’

((Not sure.))

Tama sighs heavily and then pours the rest of her energy into running pas Yugi. Unable to stop herself in time, she slams open the door and--

WHAM!

-falls with a thud onto her back after hitting something very solid.

“Oww…” She grumbles, lifting a hand up to her head. “What the hell did I hit?”

“Me.”

Tama looks up and blinks her lilac eyes in surprise. “Oh Ra… I’m really, really sorry Seto. I was racing Yugi and-”

“Who are you?” Seto asks, promptly interrupting her.

Tama sits up, her back cracking as she does so. “Tama. Muto Tama.”

“The new girl.” Seto acknowledges.

“Something like that.” Tama says, standing up. “Guess this means you don’t remember me… that’s a first.” She says to herself.

Yugi runs into the shop at this time. “Tama, are you alright? Seto, are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Yugi.” Tama replies, retrieving her laptop from wherever it fell. “And my laptop wouldn’t be either if it weren’t for the case Ishizu gave me for my birthday.” She smiles and pats the silver-white case. “Better check on my laptop just in case though…” She murmurs, opening it up.

The laptop gleams up at her, not a single dent or scratch on the black and gold surface.

“Thank Ra… Kiba would have had a complete fit if I had gotten my laptop damaged again.” Tama says, closing the case back up before any more accidents happen.

“Did you just say ‘Kiba’? As in Kiba Muto?” Seto asks.

Tama nods, looking directly at Seto. “Yeah. He’s my annoying older brother. He’s in Egypt right now and my dad’s in the states.” She tilts her head sideways, contemplating something. “You are Shirozaki Seto, right? I’m not talking to a random schoolmate that thinks I’m nuts, am I?” She asks.

Seto almost freezes at the mention of his old last name. “It’s Kaiba. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a company to run.”

Tama watches unfazed as Seto brushes by Yugi without a word and leaves the shop. It’s at this time that their grandpa walks in.

Not recognizing Tama yet he asks, “What’s going on Yugi? Who’s your friend?”

“Grandpa!” Tama joyfully shouts, leaping forward to wrap Sugoroku up in a bear hug.

“Tama’s back, grandpa.” Yugi says, noticing the surprised look on his face.

Tama grins and takes two steps away from Sugoroku. “That’s right! Watch out Domino, Tama Muto’s back in town! And with Malik here-!”

“‘The entire city is doomed’, right?” Yugi asks, amusement in his voice.

Tama nods. “That’s about right. And you’re always welcome to join in on our little schemes, Yugi.”

“I think I’ll pass on that one Tama. Thanks anyway.” Yugi says.

Tama shrugs. “Okay then. Have it your way.” She says before pulling off her school jacket and setting it on the counter by her laptop. Then she turns back around to face Yugi and Sugoroku. “I have a question grandpa.”

“What is it, Tama?”

“You see, dad only gave me enough money to stay in the apartment I rented for three days. He figured that would be enough time to track down you guys and my other cousins the Ishtars. But Ishizu won’t let me stay with them because Malik and I get into too much trouble when we’re together.” Tama pauses to take a breath.

“So you want to stay with us.” Sugoroku finishes. “I don’t see why not. You will have to help out around the shop.”

“It’ll be just like old times.” Yugi says happily. “Us two staying up late and playing games until we pass out from exhaustion!”

Tama giggles. “Yup, just like old times. I just have to get my stuff first. Care to help?” She asks, before walking to the door.

Yugi nods and walks forward to help. “Lets go!”

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Shiro: (hiding in a cramped closet) Hello all, I'm in a closet if you couldn't tell. (sneezes) I'm pretty sure I'm in Keitaro's closet. Damn this place is dusty. (sneezes again) Why the heck am I hiding in here anyway? (sneezes) I'm gonna go hang at the mall until Kaze cools off. She hates malls so she won't even think of going there. Ja ne minna-san.

-CRACK-

OversomewhereinthekitchenwhereBakurahasmadethemicrowaveexplodeagainandYa miissomehowlockedintheovenforthethirtybillionthtime

Keitaro: (covered in chocolate icing from his attempt to icing up a cake) Review replies are below. And umm...

Tama: (tiredly) Please review. (turns to Yume) Yume, will you help your poor cousin out of that damn oven! And get those knives away from your other cousin!

Ryou: Tama, you know that's impossible for them to listen to us.

Tama: Oh really. (pulls out whistle) Shiro gave this to me. Said it was a 'yami-whistle'. It's suppose to act something like a dog whistle, only it's for yami's. (blows whistle really hard)

Yume: (clutching her ears) It hurts, it hurts...

Marik: (drops half the knives)

Yami: (falls out of the oven)

Bakura: (already out cold from the microwave exploding)

Tama: Hey, it works!

Ryou: U-U Please review.

(Shiro: You know, that'd make a funny fan-comic or fanart piece...)


REVIEW REPLIES

None