Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 4: Missed You Too ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: HI!

Kitsune: (sweatdrops) Do forgive her, she's just a tad bit hyper today. Must be from that ice cream.

Shiro: (grins evilly)

Kitsune: I don't like that look.

Shiro: (takes deep breath)

Kitsune: Shiro, I'm warning you!

Shiro: OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I KNOW A SONG THAT GETS ON EVERYBODY'S NERVES, EVERYBODY'S NERVES, EVERYB-

Bakura: (backstage) SHUT UP! YOU'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES!

Shiro: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- (breaths) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I have accomplished my goal!

Kaze: (knocks Shiro out)

Bast: (shakes head) Baka hikari... (blinks) By the way, I'm Shiro's yami, Kalysta aka Bast! My best friend Kyle, who we all call Bastet, is hanging with Keitaro backstage. I think they're trying to convince Bakura and Marik to get away from the knives...

Kitsune: U-U; Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! at all. She does own Tama, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, the three Chaos Dragons, and the plot.

O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O

Chapter 4
Later that night Tama and Yugi finally fall asleep after dueling (which wound up as a tie) and talking for hours. The two of them are now sprawled out on the floor, like that always did when they were younger. Cards and chips litter the floor around them.

Both Tama and Yugi are in their pajama’s. Tama’s are gray with kittens on them while Yugi’s are blue with puzzle pieces. Around their necks are their respectable Millennium items.

At 7:30 the next morning, the two of them are still asleep since Sugoroku couldn’t wake them up. It’s at this time that Malik pulls up in his motorcycle and then walks into the game shop. Sighing at the sight of Tama’s cards all over the floor, Malik quickly picks them up and sets them on the counter by her jacket.

“Mr. Muto, can I have a bucket of cold water?” Malik asks as politely as he can.

A few minutes later screams of anger, Arabic curses, and the sound of running can be heard in the gameshop. A few minutes after Malik had dumped the ice cold water on Tama, Tama successfully pins Malik down and stuffs ice cubes down the back of his shirt. During all of this, Yugi had woken up, had found out what time it was, and then had rushed around to get ready for school. Now that he’s finished, he’s watching Tama stuff the ice cubes down Malik’s shirt.

“Tama, we’ve got to be at school in fifteen minutes. Shouldn’t you get ready?” Yugi asks after about a minute passes.

Tama pauses in her revenge and glances down at what she’s wearing. With a heavy sigh, Tama rolls off Malik, dodges his attempt to grab one of her ankles, and runs off to the guest room to change.

“Hard to believe we’re related.” Malik comments, sitting up so he can get the ice cubes out. “You and me I mean.” He almost smirks as Yami protectively appears beside Yugi.

“Only through marriage, Malik.” Yami says. “Not blood.”

“I know.” Malik says, getting the last of the ice cubes off. “Still afraid of me Pharaoh?”

Yami stiffens. “I was never afraid of you, Malik.”

“Then me, perhaps?” Marik asks, an evil grin on his face as he appears beside his other half.

Yugi shies away slightly, remembering everything Marik did.

“You! I locked you away in the shadow realm!” Yami yells angrily. “How are you here?!”

“Malik, what’s going on?” Yugi asks nervously.

“This is my dark side, Marik. Don’t worry, he’s not too evil.” Malik assures them. “How he’s back from the shadow realm…? Well, Bakura did tell me how to escape and then I told Marik. It’s complicated.”

“You wouldn’t be able to understand it Pharaoh. It’s too complex for you.” Marik comments.

“Yugi! Malik! You’d better not be fighting!” Tama yells down the stairs.

“She’s coming down.” Marik says, quickly disappearing.

Yami gives Malik a dark look before fading away as well.

Tama jumps down the rest of the steps, clad in a faded girls school uniform. (Although the part that’s usually pink looks more like a faded red.) Noticing the odd looks from both of her cousins she explains. “In order to wear the guy’s school uniform I had to promise to wear the girls uniform once a week. However, they never said anything about changing the pink to red, making the skirt a bit longer, or fading the entire thing.”

“You added gold to it.” Malik says in an approving tone. “And you’re finally wearing all the gold jewelry Ishizu and I sent you! You have any of the daggers with you?” He asks.

Tama grumbles something under her breath and adjusts one of the gold bands on her wrist.

((Hikari.))

Tama inaudibly sighs. ‘I’ll talk to him today, Yume. If it’s worrying you this much I’ll talk to him today.’

((Thank you, my Light.))

“TAMA!”

-SMACK-

Tama jumps when Malik claps his hands in front of her face. “What was that for, Malik!?”

Instead of Malik, it’s Yugi who replies. “We’re going to be late for school if we don’t leave now.” He pauses a moment. “Are you okay, Tama? You’ve been spacing out an awful lot lately.”

“I’m fine, Yugi. No need to worry.” Tama replies. “If we’re going to be late…” She trails off and looks over at Malik.

“Oh no!” He says immediately. “I am not giving you two a ride!”

“I’ll owe you a dinner.” Tama bribes.

“Two dinners.” Malik says. “No less.”

“Fine, two dinners. As long as we’re not late.” Tama grumbles. “I hope you have enough helmets this time.”

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Less than five minutes later they pull into the school parking lot. Although he was in the middle, and in less danger of falling off, poor Yugi is ash white and shaking slightly.

Once Malik parks, Tama slides off and helps Yugi off. “You okay there, Yugi?” Tama asks, keeping a hand on Yugi’s shoulder to keep him steady. “I should have warned you about Malik’s driving, but hey, at least we have five minutes to get to class.”

“And what’s wrong with my driving?” Malik asks, getting off as well. “We both drive the same.”

Tama takes her hand off Yugi’s shoulder and pulls her hair free of the braid she put it in for the ride over. “You drive more recklessly than I do. Now lets go, I need to talk to Ryou before class.” She says before walking toward the school.

“I got the feeling she didn’t like Ryou.” Yugi comments.

“Same here.” Malik says.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

U nfortunately for Tama, Ryou wound up not being at school, making the half Egyptian incredibly nervous, distraught, and distracted for the entire day. Everyone had tried to snap her out of it and Tea had tried to find out what was wrong. Not even having Marik talk to her or trying to get her involved in a duel would snap her out of it. By the time the last class was over, Tama finally snapped.

“Yugi!” She yells, careening through the hall at breakneck speed, bumping into several people. “Sorry Duke!”, “My bad!”, and “Sorry about that Seto!” are just a few of the things she wound up yelling. “Yugi! Yugi!” She skids to a halt in front of her surprised cousin. “Please Yugi, you’ve got to help me! Do you know where Ryou lives? See, he’s never missed a day of school before and his dad’s always gone..! I’m really worried about him. Please Yugi!”

Yugi quickly tells Tama the white-haired boys address and then Tama rushes off yelling, “Tell Malik I’m borrowing his bike!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ryou’s House

“Don’t tell me there isn’t another Millennium item.” Bakura snarls. “I can sense a foreign magic around here. And it’s not Malik’s!”

Ryou whimpers from the pain from the cut on his arm. “I won’t tell…”

Bakura growls at his Light. “You worthless-”

-KNOCK KNOCK-

“Ryou! Ryou-kun! Please open up! Ryou!”

Ryou fearfully looks up. ‘Tama…!’

“Who the he-”

-“Ryou-kun, I’m going to come in okay?”- Tama yells in English.

Bakura hisses a curse before disappearing from sight, and just in time since Tama opens the door and steps in.

“Ryou? Why’s it so dark in here?” Tama asks, flipping on a light switch. She walks into the living room in her hunt for him. “Ryou!” She cries, running over to him. “What happened?” She asks, motioning to the cut.

“I dropped a knife is all.” Ryou murmurs, his eyes cast down. “You surprised me when you knocked on the door.”

Tama frowns knowing he’s lying to her. She says nothing about it though. Instead she helps him up and pulls him over to the couch. Once he’s sitting down, she pulls a familiar looking blue bandana from one of her many pockets and ties it on his arm. “I’ll be right back.” She tells Ryou. “I need something to clean that and properly bandage it.”

The next fifteen minutes are spent in silence only broken by the sound of Tama running water and then tearing open a few gauze pads. Once Tama finishes bandaging Ryou’s arm and then cleans up does the silence stop.

“You should lay down.” Tama comments. “You lost a lot of blood.”

Ryou looks up at her. “But I need to finish cleaning up. And I have food in the oven.” He tells her, trying to stand up.

Tama roughly pushes him back onto the couch, making him wince. “I’ll clean up and check on the food. You are going to rest.” She tells him.

Ryou sighs and pulls the blanket off the back of the couch and covers himself with it. “Better?”

Tama smiles wearily. “Much. Now, if you need anything, just call. Speaking of calling…” She murmurs. “Ryou, can I use your phone? Malik’s probably mad at me for taking his motorcycle without asking him again.”

“Go right ahead, Tama.” Ryou replies. “Just no prank calls.”

Tama giggles. “I haven’t done that in years.” She says, before walking off in search of the phone.

Tama’s phone conversation:

Ring, ring! Ri-!

Ishizu: Hello, Ishtar residence, this is Ishizu speaking.

Tama: (laughs nervously) Hi Ishizu, how are you?

Ishizu: Hello Tama. It’s nice to hear from you. I’m guessing you want to talk to Malik or Marik?

Tama: Malik. I kinda “borrowed” his motorcycle.

Ishizu: By borrowed I take it you mean “took without permission”.

Tama: Well… basically.

Ishizu: He just walked in. I’ll see if I can get him on.

(there’s a pause while Ishizu gets Malik)

Malik: Tama! I can’t believe you took my bike!

Tama: It was an emergency!

Malik: Oh? What kind of emergency?

Tama: Look, for as long as I’ve known him Ryou has never missed one day of school unless he was really sick. On those days I stayed at his house to help him because his dad was always gone.

Malik: That explains why you’ve been so fidgety all day. Just make sure to bring my motorcycle back in one piece, okay. That means no joy rides.

Marik: (cuts in) And no drag racing with Tristan or Duke like Malik-pretty did last week!

Malik: (hisses) I told you not to mention that again!

Tama: (laughs) Don’t you two worry. Your motorcycle will come back in one piece. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go check on the oven. See ya Malik, Marik.

Marik: (in the background) Ovens are evil!

Malik: Bye Tama.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

O nce she finishes her conversation with the two blonde Egyptians, Tama goes into the kitchen and check on the food in the oven. Finding the bread in there nowhere near being done, Tama goes into the living room to check on Ryou who is now asleep. With a soft smile on her face, Tama ventures off to find the cleaning supplies.

After cleaning up the blood on the floor and putting up all the cleaning supplies, Tama pulls the bread out of the oven to let it cool and then quickly makes Ramen noodles and dumps the two containers into two bowls. Then she puts the bread on a plate and finds a tray they used to use on movie nights. Tama smiles and places the two bowls and plate onto the tray and carries it to the living room. She sets the tray down on the table before turning to wake up Ryou.

“Ryou, wake up.” Tama says, tapping his shoulder. “Ryou, wakey wakey!” With a sigh Tama brushes his soft white hair back from his neck and pokes him in a ticklish spot on his neck.

Ryou springs up into a sitting position gasping for air.

“Sorry I scared you, Ryou.” Tama says softly. “But you’re still a heavy sleeper and I couldn’t think of anything else to do.”

Ryou relaxes when he hears Tama’s voice. “I should have figured you’d do that. I can’t believe you’re still here.”

Tama sighs again. “Ryou, you know very well that I’m not going to leave you when you need my help.” She says, handing him one of the bowls. “Here, I made Ramen.”

“Thanks.” Ryou says, taking the bowl.

Silence fills the room for the umpteenth time since Tama got there.

((Tama.))

Tama visibly jumps, almost spilling her Ramen.

“Are you okay, Tama?” Ryou asks, clearly worried.

Tama nods. “Don’t worry, I’m fine. I just thought I heard something is all.”

Ryou nods at this, but looks a little worried still.

‘What do you want, Yume?’

((Something’s off, hikari. There’s a dark energy lingering here… it seems familiar somehow…)) Yume says.

‘But why would the energy be lingering here? As far as I know, Ryou is completely normal.’ Tama asks her other half.

((Apparently you haven’t noticed the interesting necklace he’s wearing.))

‘Yume, Ryou isn’t wearing a necklace. Your not seeing things again are you?’ Tama asks, worried for her other half.

((I could have sworn…! But when we came in…!))

A wave of anxiety washes over Tama from Yume’s side of the link. ‘Yume, will you calm down. I don’t need you freaking out on me. Now be quiet, I do want to talk to Ryou, believe it or not.’

((I believe you, little-light.))

Tama groans. ‘Not you too. Marik giving us pet names is bad enough. Do you have to use the nicknames he gave us?’

“Tama?”

Ryou’s voice startles Tama out of her conversation with Yume. “Naam?” She asks in Arabic.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Ryou says. “After I moved from England, I sent so many letters to you. I never got a reply…” He looks into her lilac eyes, his chocolate brown ones questioning.

Tama’s breath catches in her throat. “But Ryou, I never even got one letter.” Her mind races for a single reason why none of his letters reached her. Remembering one incident with Mr. Bakura, she carefully tries to piece things together. “Ryou, did you give the letters to your dad to mail?”

“Well, yes.” Ryou replies. “I had to give him the letter because I could never find the stamps. You don’t think-”

“He never did like me.” Tama says shortly. “Because of my mixed blood I suppose. Being half Egyptian and half Japanese and living in England was apparently bad in his eyes.”

“There’s also the fact that when he first met you it was after he found us asleep on the couch together.” Ryou reminds her. “That was after one of our movie nights.”

“There’s also the small fact that I was completely accident prone during that time. Kinda broke a few vases…” Tama trails off. “So, you really did write to me?”

Ryou sits up and lays his bowl on the table. “Tama, we were best friends. Why wouldn’t I have written to you?”

“Were? You mean we aren’t best friends anymore?” Tama jokingly asks. She sets her bowl down as well and walks over to sit down by the couch Ryou’s on. “Lay down.” She says, poking his chest with her pointer finger. Tama waits until Ryou lays back down before she talks again.

“I can’t begin to tell you how upset I was. Not even Damian and Kiba’s wisecracks snapped me out of it. Malik was the only one who could make me smile for a while.” Tama says, fingering the Millennium Dragon’s chain. “I know you’ve probably been wondering why I haven’t looked at you or talked to you. I’ve just been so upset. Seeing you again, remembering our friendship, our bond… I’ve been angry too. I never heard from you after you moved away so suddenly. I’ve been angry at myself as well… for not even trying to talk to you these past two days… It’s been hard and being around Malik and Yugi was the only thing keeping me from completely breaking down.”

Tama’s soft lilac eyes meet Ryou’s chocolate brown ones once again.

“I missed you too.”

O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O O-o o-O

Shiro: (now concious) Yes, I'm evil. It's up to you to figure out what happened after that 'cause the next chapter takes place in the morning! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hey Kei-kun! Lets sing a song!
Bakura: Lets not!

Shiro and Keitaro: OHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS! IT JUST GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND! SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING-

Everyone else: STOP SINGING THAT!

Shiro and Keitaro: (shrug) 'kay. OHHHHHHHH! (sung to the same tune as 'The Song that Never Ends) IT'S THE SCHOOL'S MACARONI AND CHEESE! IT'S THE SCHOOL'S MACARONI AND CHEESE! SOME PEOPLE STARTED EATING IT-

Everyone else: (sigh)

Shiro and Keitaro: -NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS, AND THEY'LL BE IN THE HOSPITAL FOREVER JUST BECAUSE IT'S-

Bast: (finally knocks them both out) Review replies are below.

Bastet: Was that necessary, Kaly?

Bast: Yes.

REVIEW REPLIES

Kaibafan5- You're so nice! I'm not that good of a writer, although I know I've improved since the first story I posted... I love Fridays! Well, every day is fine now since school's out! (grins) I'm hyper, happy, and had ice cream earlier! Pity my poor, poor yami and muses. Oh, and Kyle and the anime characters currently locked in here with me. Well, off to rescue my M&M's now!


Thank you's to: Sakota