Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragoons ❯ In Which many Things Happen ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7 In Which Many Things Happen
 
"Head in that direction," he pointed right, "and you should run into someone you know."
 
And with that he disappeared. Yugi shook his head and mumbled something that sounded like "the guy never changes." but it was hard too tell as they all trooped off.
 
They walked for about ten minutes before they found what Shadi meant. In the clearing they found Toon Dark Magician Girl jumping up and down shouting at Gilford to "play with me!, play with me!, play with me!,". Poor Gilford looked like he had long since developed a headache.
 
Yugi cleared his throat to get their attention. Toon DMG, seeing Seto and Jou, bounced over and began poking their wings and tails.
 
Gilford looked relieved to be free of Toon DMG. He looked up at the gang, “Is there something I can do for you?”
 
“Do you know if any of the upper level spell-casters were up to anything last week?” asked Yami.
 
“Sorry Pharaoh, but I don't know.”
 
“Is there anyone close by that might know?”
 
"I think that Dark is about a mile and a half that way," he pointed behind him and a little to the right, "with Celty. Their probably talking but they could be sparing."
 
They thanked them and walked off in the direction that Gilford had indicated while shouting for Seto and Jou to stop playing and move their tails. The two half-dragons had NO complaints about doing so. They slowed down to walk a few feet behind the rest of the group incase there were more crazy monsters ahead.
 
Up ahead Malik, of all people, decided to start a conversation, "Hey, why would Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian spar? Aren't their attack points far to different?"
 
"Maybe that doesn't matter as much here Malik." said Ryou.
 
"I guess but who would have pegged those two as acquaintances?"
 
This quickly turned into an argument as everyone, sans Seto and Jou, joined in.
 
Further back Jou had a question of his own.
 
How the hell do you scratch between your wings?!
 
He'd tried reaching over his shoulder but to no avail. No matter what he tried his wings made it impossible to reach that one little itch. Seto was having the same problem but wasn't about to admit it.
 
Besides it's fun to watch the kawaii little blond try.
 
Over the week Seto had stopped trying to deny these kinds of thoughts that often crossed his mind.
 
Wow, the red makes his eyes look like delicious red honey. Wait red is a bad thing. He must be really frustrated.
 
Seto sighed and tapped Jou on the shoulder.
 
"Need help?" he whispered.
 
Jou nodded furiously, "Hell yea. I can't scratch between my wings and it ITCHES." He whispered back urgently.
 
Seto shrugged and scratched right between Jou's wings. Jou felt like he was going to melt in relief. Even through the shirt material it was the most wonderful sensation.
 
That feels really good.
 
Seto stopped after a minute.
 
Darn, I was enjoying that.
 
"Thanks." He said. Though it sounded more like it was purred then said.
 
As they walked Jou watched Seto out of the corner of one eye. He noticed that every few seconds either Seto wings or fingers would twitch.
 
Hmm, I wonder…
 
Jou tapped Seto on the shoulder and whispered, "Something wrong?"
 
Seto didn't answer right away but you could tell he was thinking about it. With a sigh he gave in, "Yes, same problem you had. Feel like returning the favor?"
 
Jou grinned and did so.
 
Wow, thought Seto, Now I know why he relaxed so fast. That makes me feel like I'm going to melt I'm so relaxed.
 
Seto was actually purring quietly when Jou stopped. Seto quit purring when he saw Jou's grin and realized what he was doing. Seto looked away real fast as a light blush grace his cheeks. Jou was still grinning like a maniac.
 
Bakura turned round to see what was going on cause he could have sworn he heard purring. When he saw Jou grinning and Seto carefully not looking at Jou or anyone he raise an eyebrow and poked Ryou to get his attention.
 
He pointed to the dragons, "I think I was right before. They were just in denial." he said with a smirk. Ryou giggled and shook his head.
 
(Back with the dragons)
 
Jou was thinking that he wanted to be where he could avoid monsters.
 
Let's see. Not really enough room to fly because the trees are too close together. So branch hopping would be a better option.
 
He stopped and estimated the distance to the closest branch that would hold him. He leapt up and managed to catch the branch and pull himself up. Seto raised and eyebrow at him.
 
“What?” Jou asked. “I feel safer up here.”
 
Seto shrugged and after a second joined Jou up in the trees. They started hopping branches to keep up with the group below.
 
The group stopped to rest a few minutes later. It was hard to trek through a reasonably dense forest. Ryou glanced over his shoulder to tell Seto and Jou they were stopping but didn't see them.
 
“Seto? Jou?” he called.
 
“Yeah, we can see everyone stopping we'll stay up here.” He heard Jou say from above him.
 
He looked up to see Jou waving from a low tree branch before jumping into the foliage. He shrugged and went to sit with the others.
 
When Jou got to a branch next to the one Seto was resting on he set about soothing all the new itches along his back.
 
Thankfully I can reach all these but why does my back itch some much?
 
He decided to figure it out later.
 
 
The gang started moving again a few minutes later.
 
------------
 
After about fifteen minutes of walking the group saw a clearing not to far off.
 
"Hey guys, I see them! It's Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian." Yugi exclaimed from the front of the group. They all started running but Jou and Seto opted to stay in the trees at the edge of the clearing.
 
(With the monsters a few minutes earlier)
 
"Hey Dark do you have any idea what Chaos was up to last week?"
 
"Nope, I haven't found anything out and he won't say." Dark looked slightly irked. Chaos had done something and they wanted to know what but Chaos wouldn't tell and they couldn't find any clues.
 
Celty growled softly. "Damnit! I want to know what he was up too."
 
Dark shrugged, "Maybe if we threatened to withhold..."
 
Dark trailed of when Celty looked away and seemed to be listening to something behind him, "What is it, Celty?"
 
"Something's coming but I don't know what."
 
"Hey guys, I see them!"
 
Both monsters looked confused as they heard the sound of running feet. They were even more surprised when six people ran into the clearing and two more that hung back in the trees at the edge of the clearing. They watched as the taller tri-haired boy stepped forward.
 
"I would like to ask a question." , he said, "Do either of you know if any of the upper level spell-casters were up to anything about a week ago?"
 
Dark and Celty blinked.
 
"Why would you like to know, Pharaoh?" asked Dark.
 
Yami turned and waved Seto and Jou forward so Dark and Celty could see them.
 
Celty smirked when he saw them and turned to Dark, "Well, looks like we know what he was up to last week."