Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duelist's Souls ❯ Chapter 1: The Golden Boxes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KS: I'm updating!!! It's a miracle. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

*****************************

Chapter 1: The Golden Boxes

Alex and Shadow continued to gape at the boxes. "Is there a letter??" Alex asked, quietly. Even in strange situations, Alex always had sense to ask questions, while Shadow... well, Shadow liked to think they just appeared an she could get rid of them.

"I don't know," Shadow stated. "There wasn't even anyone there when I answered the door. The box was just there."

"Wow. Its beautifully carved," Alex murmurred. "This must have been done during the times of the forgotten Pharoah."

"Forgotten Pharoah?" Shadow asked, clearly bewildered.

"Yes. There is a time span between two Pharoahs were someone is missing. Its like he or she was erased from time."

"And artifacts from that time period came to my doorstep?" Shadow asked, a little too sarcastically.

"Maybe it was fate."

"Yeah, right and- Woah....." Shadow picked up one of the boxes. "This looks like you, Alex." She passed it to Alex and Shadow picked up and looked at the other box. "And this one looks like me..... Holy shit."

Shadow opened the box easily, looking at what looked like a necklace with the Eye of Horus and a card next to it. She flipped it around and saw a women with a sleeveless white dress that went slightly passed her knees and brown sandals that were laced up her legs. Her hair was blue and braided to her waist, and she had bright, light brown eyes. She had a silver staff in her hand and at the top it had one white wing and one black wing. It was labeled: Magician of Destiny. It was a Dark Spellcaster with seven stars.

Alex opened her own carefully and slowly (God forbid it break), and found pieces of a puzzle and just like Shadow, a card was next to it. She also flipped it over and on this one was a woman also, with a Egyptian style dress and flowing black hair. Big brown eyes stared back at her and a gold necklace hung around her neck. It was labled: Goddess of Magic. It was a Light Spellcaster with seven stars.

"Alright," Shadow stated, closing the lid shut as quickly as possible. "I've had enough freaky stuff for one night, I think its time to go to sleep."

"I'll be right there," Alex said, pushing up her glasses.

*******

Alex had learned that Shadow had a funny way of sleeping. She would lay upside down on a couch, her feet over the seat, her shoulders were against the place where you feet usualyy were and her head was laying on the rug. Her arms were crossed over her chest. One night, Alex even made a chart of her family history to see if Shadow had any vampire related ancestors.

As Alex was piecing together the puzzle, that chart snapped into her head. She didn't know why, but magic well, magic is magic, right??

"Alex, are you still up?" Shadow asked, sliding down the couch.

"Yeah, but Shadow, look," Alex stated, showing her the puzzle. It turned out to be a right side up pyramid, the Eye of Horus, smack in the middle of it all.

And thats when it glowed. They Eyes of Horus on it glowed, as did the the thing that Shadow had in her box. Actually, the lid flew off the items joined together, glowed and the cards appeared on either side of them.

"Holy shit," Shadow and Alex muttered in unison. They stared at it, until it became evident that they were no longer in Shadow's living room.

"Well, its about time," someone snapped.

"Kuro, please this is not the time," came another voice.

"Its never the time with you, Isis," the first one, Kuro obviously, snapped back.

Kuro and Isis appeared infront of them. Isis was exactley the same as the Goddess of Magic card that Alex had. The same hair, same eyes, same skin, same outfit, and same necklace. "Oh my god," Alex muttered.

Kuro on the other hand resembled Shadow's card slightly. She had the same skin, same outfit, and the same staff. But she had blonde hair braided with eending black and two bangs, that were also black and her eyes were a dark gray. "Yeah, I second that," Shadow stated.