Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duelists of the Elemental Spirits ❯ Chapter 1: Domino City Pranksters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Bast: (sighs) My hikari is a little out of it right now. She got overexcited about getting this posted. Anyway... (watches Shiro dance around the stage) Erm... yeah...

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. You'd think you all would have learned that by now. Oh, I also don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!GX. I do own all OC's in this fanfiction.

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T--O-F--T-H-E--F-I-R-E--O-R-B--D-U- E-L-I-S-T--O-F--T-H-E--F-I-R-E--O-R-B-

Chapter 1: Domino City Pranksters

Many residents in Domino City prepare for festivities for the night when the main part of the Larks, as the children call themselves, are suppose to leave for Duelist Academy. Why, you may ask? Merely because the main part of the Larks are the biggest troublemakers that Domino City has ever seen. Yes, even bigger than the Destructive Trio, aka Yume, Bakura, and Marik. Of course, nobody has any proof that it’s them, purely because there is no evidence.

The teens that are going to Duelist Academy are as follows:

Amane Bakura, the oldest daughter of Ryou and Tama Bakura. She is 15-years-old and has her father’s pure, snowy white hair and her mother’s lilac eyes. She recently spent some time in England with her father’s side of the family, and because of this her British accent is more pronounced than usual. She’s typically seen wearing some sort of turtleneck shirt and baggy jeans with something tied around her waist. Amane is also never seen without her Duel Monsters deck, which she keeps strapped around her waist in some way. She’s one of the ones who come up with zany ideas that generally work although they sound like they never would. It’s her gift.

Yasu Khalid, oldest child of Bakura and Yume Khalid. She’s 16-years-old and has white hair with highlights and violet eyes. She usually wears her hair up in a ponytail and always has a pair of earrings in. She’ll wear just about anything as long as it’s comfortable and not too revealing. She seems to favor skirts though, particularly those in the color blue. Yasu keeps her Duel Monster deck in a case that she wears on her left arm just below her elbow. She’s one of the more logical in the group, always there to strike down any of the ideas that are too ridiculous.

Ammon Khalid is the oldest boy child of Bakura and Yume. He’s 15-years-old, the same age as Amane. He has dark red hair with white highlights, basically the opposite of his sister, and mahogany eyes like his father. He typically wears some dark colored t-shirt and jeans. He keeps his deck in a case in his back pocket with a chain attached to it, much like most boys do with their wallets. Ammon is the cunning, sneaky one of the group who can string together the best ‘tall-tale’ that you’ve ever heard. Because of this, the group leaves coming up with an excuse to him, knowing he can get them out of almost anything. He’s the reason they never get in really bad trouble.

Moving on to Suma Muto, who is, of course, Yami and Yugi’s 16-year-old daughter and only child. She has her father’s black and red hair and infamous goldenrod yellow lightning bolt shaped bangs. Her eyes are amethyst like Yugi’s. She usually wears something bright and eye-catching yet somewhat stylish clothes. Her favorite outfit consists of a somewhat country look; a t-shirt with a flannel shirt or vest and jeans and boots. Sometimes she’ll wear a cowboy hat that her “Uncle Damian” sent to her for her birthday. Like Amane, Suma’s Duel Monsters deck is strapped to her waist. In the Larks, Suma is the so-called ‘innocent one’ who everybody trusts. She can worm her way out of anything and talk someone into doing something without them catching on to it. She has perfected the use of the puppy-dog eyes and hers is very potent and deadly.

Zahur Ishtar is Malik and Ashling’s oldest son, albeit just by a few minutes. He’s 14-years-old and has blonde hair and blue eyes. He also wears glasses. He typically wears a nice collared shirt of some non-bright color (unless it’s white) and blue jeans of varying shades. He keeps his Duel Monsters deck strapped to his waist, as it’s easier to get to it when it’s needed. In the Larks, he’s the brilliant strategist who makes sure each plan is well thought out and that there’s always one or two back-up plans.

Liam Ishtar is the younger twin. He’s 14-years-old, of course, and has his mother’s strawberry blonde hair and his father’s lilac eyes. Liam is basically the opposite of his brother in personality. He’s smart, yes, just not as smart. He usually wears a t-shirt with some strange phrase or another on it and some sort of jeans. Like Zahur, he keeps his deck strapped to his waist. In the group, Liam’s one of the three who can perform almost any stunt and, despite his height, manages to escape using even the smallest tunnels or paths. He’s also come up with some of the more outrageous pranks in the past.

Ryan Ishtar is the son of Mariku and Holly Ishtar, and is Zahur and Liam’s cousin. Like his cousins, he is 14-years-old. He has brown hair with blonde highlights and it spikes up in the I-stuck-my-finger-in-an-electric-socket fashion just like his father’s. He also has brown eyes with hints of lilac. He has a rather wild personality and it shows in his… “unique” style. You never know what he’ll wear, although he’s never worn girls clothing. (Thank Ra) He’s copied Ammon’s way of keeping his deck safe; the deck carefully kept in his back pocket in a hardcover case with a chain attaching the case to his pants. In the Larks, Ryan is the flamboyant one who usually needs to be dug out of trouble by the others. He doesn’t get caught exactly, he just… has “quiet” issues. Basically, he never knows when to be quiet or what an “appropriate conversation” is.

Chizu Kaiba is the daughter of Seto and Serenity Kaiba. She has long black hair like her uncle and her father’s ocean blue eyes. She’s the youngest of the main group and is 13-years-old. Like Yasu, she’ll wear anything as long as it’s comfortable and not too revealing. She prefers to wear jeans, though, since they’re the easiest to run around in. Strangely, she acts more like her Uncle Mokuba than her mom and dad. She’s always willing to help someone out and can come up with hilarious jokes to pull. Chizu’s the second best strategist, and if there’s anything Zahur misses when they’re going over plans, it’s her who picks up on them.

Last we have both Jono and Seth Wheeler, just two of the Wheeler triplets. They are, quite obviously, Joey and Mai’s kids. Jono looks just like his father with his messy blond hair and brown eyes while Seth has slightly wavy brown hair and violet eyes. Both of them are 15-years-old. The two always wear clothing that matches in some way. Whether it’s t-shirts with strange and random quotes on them or just plain colored shirts and jeans. In the Larks, the two are the ones who can confuse the heck out of people and distract them. They can also pull off some really cool stunts for pranks and are exceptionally good at skateboarding.

So there you have it. That’s the entire group that’s going to Duel Academy. The reason? I currently cannot give out that information, however, you shall learn why as the story progresses. And so it begins…

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T--O-F--T-H-E--F-I-R-E--O-R-B--D- U-E-L-I-S-T--O-F--T-H-E--F-I-R-E--O-R-B-

Shiro: And here we go! The beginning of the third and final installment of the "Of the Light" trilogy. It takes place sometime after the whole 'abandoned dorm' episode. I'm not quite sure exactly where we left off here in the U.S., as we've been through a little backtracking when it comes to the episodes. (sighs) Sucks really.

Bast: Hikari, aren't you going to do the whole name thing?

Shiro: Oh yes. In case some of you are curious about how I got their names or what they're names mean, see the lovely little list below.

0-0-0-0

Amane Bakura- She's named after Ryou's sister who died in a car accident when he was young.

Suma Muto- Her name is both Egyptian and Japanese and means 'to ask'.

Yasu Khalid- Yasu is an Japanese name which means 'tranquil' and Khalid is Arabic for 'eternal'.

Ammon Khalid- Ammon is an Egyptian name and it means 'hidden'. It's also the name of an Egyptian god.

Liam and Zahur Ishtar- Liam is Irish and it means 'determined guardian'. It is also the name of Ashling's older brother. Zahur is Egyptian and means 'a flower'. (snickers)

Ryan Ishtar- Ryan is another Irish name and it means 'a little king'.

Chizu Kaiba- Chizu is Japanese and means 'a thousand storks'.

Jono and Seth Wheeler- Well, Seth's name came partial from Priest Set/Seth and Jono is used alot in fanfiction when Joey is given a yami. They're completely unoriginal, but they work.

As for the others, you'll find out later.

0-0-0-0

Kaze: This is stupid.

Shiro: Shut up, Kaze. I happen to like Yu-Gi-Oh!GX. Syrus is so cute...

Kaze: (twitches) Not again!

Bast: Hikari, lets not test Kaze's temper tonight. Please?

Shiro: But he is cute... Jaden is too. Oh! And Zane! And Professor Banner is so cool! I like his cat... Pharaoh... (snickers) Oh I'm gonna have a ball with that...

Kitsune: I thought we agreed on no cat torture?

Shiro: Who said anything about torturing the cat?

Bast: (laughing) Oh Ra no... Hikari...!

Kyle: (sweatdrops) Umm... please review?