Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duelists of the Elemental Spirits ❯ Chapter 8: War of Snow ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Suma Muto- Yami/Yugi
Amane, Taro, and Mana Bakura- Ryou/Tama
Yasu and Ammon Khalid- Bakura/Yume
Zahur and Liam, Ophelia, and Salim Ishtar- Malik/Ashling
Ryan and Matsu Ishtar- Mariku/Holly
Chizu and Yukio Kaiba- Seto/Serenity
Jono, Maiko, and Seth and Kevin Wheeler- Joey/Mai

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Oh, I also don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!GX. I do own all OC's in this fanfiction. (and boy, are there alot of them!)

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S--O-F--T-H-E--E-L-E-M-E-N-T-A-L--S-P- I-R-I-T-S--D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S-

Chapter 8: War of Snow

Months have passed since the kids sealed up the rip and they’re still at Duel Academy. It’s now winter and there’s already a little over two feet of snow on the ground. Already the Larks have had a huge snowball fight that started just by Chizu throwing a snowball at Ryan.

Most of the other Duel Academy kids have headed home for the holidays and so only a few remain at the school The Larks make up a little over half of these few.

Since it’s now December there have been several birthdays. Of the adults: Ryou, Seto, Mai have celebrated their birthdays. The kids who have had birthdays are Ammon (now 16), Liam and Zahur (now 15), and Seth, Jono, and Maiko (now 16). Salim and Malik both have birthdays coming up and are actually on the same day.

Also since it’s December and because most of the students have gone home, Chancellor Shepherd is allowing the family members of the Larks to come visit. Needless to say, the kids are excited.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Wake up!” Ryan and Liam chorus as they burst into Seth, Amane, and Suma’s dorm room.

“Get up! Get up! Get up!” Ryan chants as he jumps onto Amane’s bed. Obviously Chizu is the only one able to even remotely control him.

Amane shrieks and falls off her bed while Suma and Seth both groan and throw a pillow at either Ryan or Liam.

The two hyperactive boys eventually drag the others into the realm of the living and get them to get dressed before dragging the three Slifers out into the snow.

“Dashing through the snow, happily we go,” Ryan sings in a loud voice, attracting a lot of attention. “Scaring little children, and creating havoc!”

“Do you think he knows he’s out of tune?” Liam whispers.

Suma snorts and rolls her eyes while Amane smiles and Seth grins. “Probably not.” The brunette says.

They soon reach the main building of Duel Academy and inside they find the rest of the Larks along with Bastian and Alexis watching Chazz and Jaden duel over something or other. The five join the rest of their group, but soon they all grow bored. That is, until their family members begin to arrive.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“I should have known you’d all be here.”

Suma is the first to recognize the voice as it’s her who squeals as she turns around and runs forward to hug her dad. “Daddy!”

Yugi laughs and pats Suma on the head. “Nice to see you too.” Then he yells out the open door for the others. “Guys! They’re in here!”

Chazz and Jaden stop their duel as more people begin entering the room. Soon just about all of the members of the Ishtar, Bakura, Muto, Wheeler, and “Shirozaki” families have filled the room and have separated into little family groups.

“Jaden! Chazz! Alexis! Bastian!” Suma yells over the noise. “Come over here! I want you to meet my parents!” Her initial shock of seeing her father (Yami) now as a girl has worn off since he looks just about the same as he used to. In fact, it’s hard to tell he’s a girl unless you’re looking closely. The only reason Suma found out is because Yugi told her they’re trying to have a baby.

The four non-Larks slowly make their way through the crowd to the small Muto family.

“Guys, this is my dad, Yugi, and my other dad, Yami.” She says proudly. “Dad, daddy, these are my friends Jaden Yuki, Chazz Princeton, Alexis Rhodes, and Bastian Misawa. They’re only part of the group that helped up; the others went home.”

Yugi smiles. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

While the four are getting over the surprise of their friend having two dads, Yami looks at Jaden for a moment with a puzzled frown on his face. Then he remembers why the brunette looks so familiar. “You’re the one who Winged Kuriboh chose.”

Jaden grins. “Yeah, that’s right! But… I thought you were Yugi.”

Yugi and Yami exchange amused glances. “We get that a lot.” Yami says.

“Guys! Over here!” Seth interrupts, waving his arms in the air.

Eventually Jaden, Alexis, Chazz, and Bastian get introduced to everyone’s family with the exception of Chizu’s family.

“Hey guys, this is my mom.” Chizu introduces. “My little brother Yukio is around here somewhere and my dad and uncle couldn’t make it. Mom, this is Jaden Yuki, Alexis Rhodes, Bastian Misawa, and Chazz Princeton.”

Serenity’s eyes widen for a fraction of a second when she hears Chazz’s last name and then she smiles warmly. “It’s nice to meet all of you. I hope she hasn’t caused too much trouble.”

“Not at all!” Jaden says cheerfully. “Besides, a little excitement won’t kill you!”

“Speak for yourself…” One of the other boys mutter. It’s hard to tell which one with the level of noise in the large room.

“CHIIIIIIIIZZZZZUUUUUUU!!!”

Out of nowhere a purple blur comes and tackles Chizu to the ground. Startled, the others take a step back.

Chizu groans and pokes the younger girl in the shoulder. “Ni, what are you doing here?”

The purple haired girl sits up and grins, her mint green eyes sparkling in amusement. “Daddy wanted to visit Aunt Tama and momma wanted to visit Aunt Ash. So that’s why I’m here, ‘Zu.”

“Wonderful.” Chizu grumbles sarcastically.

The other girl gasps and her expression turns to one of hurt. “Your harsh word wounds me, dear friend.”

Chizu rolls her eyes and gets to her feet. With a sigh she helps her friend up and then introduces the four to the final member of the Larks. “Guys, this is Ebony Mizu. Ebony…” And so we once again go through introducing four of the seven key keepers.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

By the end of the day, the four non-Larks are extremely confused and tired. This works out for the best for Chizu, since they don’t have time to ask her about her dad.

Later that night the parents meet with Chancellor Shepherd, Professor Banner, and Dr. Crowler. Joey, Ashling, Tama, and Holly are talking to Professor Banner. Ashling has Pharaoh in her arms and is talking to the feline more than the Professor. The others, with the exception of Yugi, Yami, Serenity, and Ryou, are talking to Dr. Crowler who suddenly has nothing but nice things to say about their kids. Yugi, Yami, Serenity, and Ryou are talking to Chancellor Shepherd.

Then the door opens and Seto steps into the office.

“Well it’s about time!” Tama exclaims. “Where have you been, Seto? You missed meeting Jaden Yuki!”

“There was something I had to see to.” Seto tells her. “What did I miss?”

Tama grins. “Oh, the usual. The kids have been causing trouble: skipping class, suffering random outbursts, sleeping in class, being their normal strange selves, and yet still managing to pass their classes with flying colors.

“Mr. Kaiba, may I ask what brings you here?” Dr. Crowler asks, both nervous and excited about meeting another one of the top duelists in the world.

Seto ignores Crowler in favor of directing a comment to Holly and Marik. “Your son is a horrible influence on Chizu.”
“I think it goes both ways.” Yume mutters to Damian, who snorts and then nods in agreement.

Before the end of the little meeting, Crowler has passed out from the shock of finding out that 11 of his students are the children of some of the greatest duelists in the world.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The next morning a massive snowball fight erupts between the Larks and their parents when Liam accidentally hits Joey with a snowball. Somehow they get their powers mixed up in the fight and so there are now bolts of lightning, shadow balls, and other things flying around along with the snowballs.

They are forced to stop when some of the other Duel Academy kids who stayed start to walk around outside. However, Ryan and Chizu do manage to nail Seto in the head before the game ends.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Over in England Mokuba boredly looks out the window of his house and watches the falling snow. Surrounding him are gifts in various stages of being wrapped and in the corner of the room is a small, decorated Christmas tree with several presents already under it.

-Ding dong!-

Mokuba tears his gaze away from the window and looks puzzled at the door. ‘Am I expecting someone?’ The doorbell rings again and so he gets up and carefully steps around all the objects littering the floor and goes to answer the door. He blinks in surprise when he finds Rose, Selene, and Frank standing at his door. “Oh… hello.”

“Big brother! Come caroling with us!” Selene says, running forward and hugging Mokuba’s legs. “Please.” She begs, using her version of the puppy-dog eyes on him.

Mokuba smiles. “I can’t resist that look.” He says and then he grabs his coat off the wall and puts it on. “Alright, lets go.”

“I hope we didn’t interrupt anything, Mokuba-san.” Frank says.

“Nothing big. I was just wrapping presents to send to my family back home. I’ll get it done later.” Mokuba tells him.

Frank sighs. “You’re procrastinating again, Mokuba-san.”

Rose rolls her eyes as they come to the end of the driveway and start getting into her van. “I should have known that you two know one another. But Mokuba, why is there a ‘san’ added onto your name?”

“I’m from Japan, didn’t you know that?” Mokuba asks. “Adding ‘san’ onto the end of a name is polite. It’s almost the same as adding ‘mister’ or ‘misses’ before a name.” He explains in the simplest terms possible.

The four of them are soon in the van and Frank is driving to the selected neighborhood. Rose is in the back with her sister and Mokuba is up front.

“What’s ‘brother’ in Japanese?” Rose asks curiously.

“Nii-san.” Frank and Mokuba say at the same time.

Selene giggles. “Nii-san!”

While Rose tries to shush her sister, Frank asks, “San is more polite, so why have you always called me ‘Frank-kun’?”

Mokuba laughs. “I thought you were cute!”

Frank takes his eyes off the road to stare at Mokuba. “What?”

“Eyes on the road.” Mokuba says with a grin. “You heard correctly; I’m bi. (1) It was pretty obvious that you’re straight, so I didn’t go after you.” ‘And then I met Rose…’

“So why do you still add ‘kun’ to the end?”

“Do you not want me to?” Mokuba questions. Amusement is laced through his voice. “It’s because you would have noticed that something was wrong if I suddenly stopped adding ‘kun’.”

Frank glances back at the two girls to make sure they’re still preoccupied and then looks back at the road. “Why me?”

“You’re cute.” Mokuba says with a wink. He stifles his laugher when a tinge of pink appears on Frank’s cheeks. “You’re a nice guy, Frank-kun and you work hard. You’re going to make some girl really happy one day.”

Frank smiles softly. “Thank you, Mokuba-kun.”

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S--O-F--T-H-E--E-L-E-M-E-N -T-A-L--S-P-I-R-I-T-S--D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S-

(1) (ducks in cover) Don't kill me! It just sort of happened! I blame Bast for this one! (clears throat) In all honesty, I don't know where this came from. It just appeared randomly in my brain and wouldn't go away. I blame reading too many Yami/Yugi stories. Why I blame those, I have no clue seeing as how it has nothing to do with Mokuba...

0-0-0-0

Shiro: (once again ducks in cover) I'm sorry that it's so short! I think the next chapter is a little longer.

Bast: Hikari has also figured out how many chapters there will be in this story.

Shiro: (sighs) Yes... There are only going to be 12 chapter for this one, so there's only 4 chapters left to go. Then I'll be taking a break from fanfictions for a while ((unless it's to finish my YYH one)) and then sometime during Summer Vacation I'll get two new stories posted. Most likely they'll both be Yugioh, since I seem to have better luck with these.