Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ The Hyper Kid (Part 2) ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Isn't that amazing???

In just a few hours, I felt like I had aged ten years. So far I had had to stop Alexander from poking Leon 9 times, had had to stop him from pinching Leon 6 times, had broken up a food fight, and had to literally pin Alexander to the bed to get him to go to sleep!

Now, however, it was a new day. Maybe I could plan some activities. After breakfast, I decided to take Leon and Alexander to the park. I figured that maybe Alexander would be less hyper if he got to run around a bit.

I was sort of right. Alexander did seem more relaxed after playing ouside. What I hadn't realized was that he would want ME to play with him the whole time. It was fun at first. Being shut up in that apartment did not give me much time to exercise. However, I tired out WAY before Alexander did. After about an hour, I was sprawled across a park bench. Alexander was tugging at the hems of my pants, informing me that I had had enough rest!

During all of this, Leon was sitting on a swing, reading a book. I made a mental note to myself to shoo Leon outside more often. He was getting a bit chubby. On the contrast, Alexander was one of those little kids who was so naturally skinny that his ribs stuck out a bit.

-----------------------------------

When we got back home, I thought to myself, "They're leaving tomorrow. You have only twenty-four more hours of this!"

Thankfully, Alexander was a bit quieter thanks to the exercise. He spent most of the afternoon asking Leon to read to him, which Leon was more than happy to do.

At around 6:30 pm, Gesina visited us once again. This time, she was informing us that Alexander was expected to be at the adults' dinner in one hour. "But there's a problem that they didn't catch. Apparently, they want you there as well, to keep an eye on Alexander. That would mean that Leon would be in here by himself!"

I quickly agreed that that would not be right at all. I felt thankful that there was at least one adult in this house other than me who had some moral fiber.

Gesina and I mulled over the predicament for several minutes. Finally, we decided to have Leon pose as my biological son. Gesina hurried down to discuss this with Frau von Schroeder. Thankfully, our idea was grudgingly accepted.

------------------------------------

I gave both boys a snack so they wouldn't be starving while waiting for everyone to be served. Then it was on to the biggest challenge of the night-getting the boys into formalwear!

I was very surprised when Alexander did not object to this. I had forgotten that he had probably already been to dozens of formal occasions in his young life. Leon complained for a while about how tight and scratchy the clothes were, but he let me put the clothes on him.

If you're wondering how I got the clothes, Alexander was wearing his own. Gesina had found some of Zigffried's old stuff for Leon.

After all of the preparations, we went downstairs.

As soon as I met Alexander's parents, it became obvious why Alexander was so dark. His mother was part Indian! Not the Native American kind of Indian, the kind that's from India. I asked about this, and she said that her grandmother had immigrated to Britain sixty years ago, when India was still a British colony.

Alexander's mother may have had the same title as Leon's mother-Frau von Schroeder. But their personalities were totally different. We ended up talking for quite some time. I saw that the original Frau von Schroeder was doing her best to avoid me.

I saw Zigfried across the room. He looked very bored as he was making polite conversation with some very boring-looking businessmen.

--------------------------------------

I was a bit worried how Frau von Schroeder (the mean one!) would react to seeing Leon for the first time. I was pretty sure that she had seem glimpses of him from a distance, but they had never met face to face.

This was Frau von Schroeder's reaction: nothing. By being creative, she managed not to look at either me or Leon the whole evening. Oh well. Maybe it was for the better.

The dinner itself was uneventful. I was infinitely thankful that Alexander did not get the urge to host another food fight. However, this was Europe, where dinners start late and end later. I had to be rude and leave early because the younger boys were falling asleep at the table! However, they were so tired that they slept through the night without disturbing me. I was able to catch up on thre sleep I had lost the night before.

In the morning, Alexander left with his family. I was happy to return to my everyday life at last.