Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Secrets ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: This is an idea that’s been stuck in my head for months. It’s changed a bit, but the basic plot line is still there. I will not update until I get at least one review. This fic is an AU of after Battle City, so don’t get confused.

Key:

“Speech”

Th ought

Disclaimer: Sugarpony does not own Yugioh. Don’t sue, please!

---

Family Secrets

Chapter One

---

Onegei, someone tell me why I’m here.


“Kaiba-san, please answer the question. I can’t let you go until you tell me something.”

Oh, yeah. Mokuba.

Kaiba Seto was in the last place on Earth he ever thought he would be.

No, he wasn’t at Jounouchi’s house.

No, he wasn’t at the Kame Game shop, either.

He was in a therapist’s office.

Mokuba was, for some reason, convinced that Seto was under too much stress.

Of course, it couldn’t possibly be because he fired fifty-eight executives this morning, could it?

Nah!

Anyway, Mokuba scheduled a meeting with Haruna Tsubame.

And Seto had been in her office for two hours, typing away at his laptop.

Haruna sighed. “Kaiba-san, neither of us are getting anywhere. Mokuba-san obviously believes you have a problem, since he specifically told me not to let you leave until you told me why you fired so many employees. If you just-”

“Haruna-san, you have a call on line one,” her secretary interrupted.

“Who is it?”

“It’s the front desk.”

Haruna looked wearily to Kaiba. “I’m very sorry, Kaiba-san,” she said, “but I need to take this.”

“Whatever,” Kaiba replied. He simply went back to typing. A few moments later, the elder was done on the phone.

“Kaiba-san,” she said, “I’m afraid that I have an emergency case coming up. Now, as I have been instructed to not let you leave until you confide in me-” (Here, Kaiba grunted in disapproval.) “-and I’m not sure how long this will take, if you would be so kind as to move into the back room, you may wait there until I’m finished.”

Without another word, the CEO headed into said room. The back room was a more comfortable place for younger children; it had smaller seats and tables and games piled high. Painted bright tones of red, yellow, and blue and with plush carpeting, it was ideal for the midgets that came to see the psychiatrist- it was not, however, a comfortable setting for the tall, serious owner of Kaiba Corp.

Several moments passed as Kaiba situated himself and opened his laptop once again. As he was opening his files labeled “TOP SECRET,” however, the door flung open. Aggravated, he looked up to see who disturbed him, but he found nothing to say.

The intruder was none other than one Muoto Yugi.

This was not just any Muoto Yugi, however.

A normal, cheery, game loving Muoto Yugi did not look as if he had just been hit by his fastest car at top speed.

The young business man could only stare at his rival’s condition. His right arm, his dueling arm, was in a sling, with his wrist in a cast. His left arm was bandaged; he could tell this because his clothes were somewhat shredded. He was walking with a fairly obvious limp, and his forehead and face were bandaged. Any other place on his body was covered in bruises, and as he was having trouble breathing, Seto could tell that a few ribs may have been broken, as well.

Things did not look well.

The smaller boy’s normally cheerful eyes, now dull and fearful, kept to the ground as he spoke. “Gomen, Kaiba-san,” he said, “demo... I’m afraid I won’t be able to give you a rematch anytime soon.”

Haruna spoke gently to the pint-sized duelist, “Yugi-chan, you can stay in here until you’re ready to talk. Why don’t you fix your puzzle while in n the meantime?” She then turned to Kaiba. “Kaiba-san, we can head into the front room until then.”

Before the executive followed her out through door, he stole a glance back at the young boy who was now sitting at one of the tables, dumping the pieces of his trademark Millennium Puzzle out of his backpack.

---

Yugi sighed as he began to once again fit together the Millennium Puzzle- or at least as he tried to fit it together; it was very difficult to build a three-dimensional puzzle with a broken wrist.

For some time now- ever since he had moved in with jii-san- he had been visiting Haruna-san. She had helped some with things like stress and fear, but she had no influence on the schoolyard bullies. Thankfully, today had been the last day of his freshman year.

At the beginning of the school year, when Yugi first solved the Millennium Puzzle, a bully named Ushio had beaten up Jounouchi and Honda because they were picking on Yugi. When Yugi had tried to protect them, Ushio simply beat upon him, as well. Afterwards, he had expected Yugi to pay him 200,000 yen for his “services.” When Yami was awakened, he played a game with Ushio and made him believe garbage was money. The next day, the bully was sent to an insane asylum.

With all the mayhem that went along with the Sennen Items, Yami’s spell over Ushio had worn off, and he had returned to school with a newfound grudge against Yugi. He expected the boy to pay him 400,000 yen instead of 200,000, and he pounded him every day until he did so. Usually, he was careful that none of the injuries would be obvious, but since the bully graduated, his beating earlier that day had been extreme. Yami, of course, was somewhat annoyed with the fact that his hikari blocked him off whenever Ushio came his way.

The minute duelist once again sighed as he slowly fitted together the pieces of his favorite puzzle.

---

AN: Drop a review and tell me what you think!