Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Probably incoherant nonsense ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hey Everyone. I’m shadowwarrior123 and this is my first fanfic. I hope you all enjoy this one.

By the way : I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! In any way, shape or form. But I did create Krystal(Ryou’s cousin) and my vision of what Ryou’s mom is like.

< > are thoughts
“ ” are the characters speaking

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX xXxXxX

Friday, 10 am : Bakura Residence.

Ryou Bakura stumbled slightly as he headed to the dinner table for breakfast. As usual, his parents were nowhere to be seen. He sighed. he thought as he grabbed the last box of Frosted Cheerios. When he got to the table, he finally realized that there was a note on the table.

Picking up the note, Ryou read it aloud to no one in particular. “Dear Ryou, your cousin Krystal is coming to stay with us for a couple of days. I remember how close the both of you were back in London, so I put 200 dollars on the table. Use it to get some groceries and party supplies. Everything we need is on the list. Be good and see you later today. Love mom.” After letting the news sink in, he finally realized that his favorite cousin was coming over!

“Alright I better hurry up and get those supples ” Going upstairs, he got dressed (unconsciously putting on his Millennium ring), grabbed some extra cash (just in case) and ran outside with a look of pure joy on his face.

Friday, 12 pm : In the sky somewhere.

Krystal gazed out the window. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t help but think about all the fun she had with Ryou. And the more she thought about him, the more impatient she got. she though, Reaching into her pocket for her I-pod, she felt cold steel.

she thought while fingering the jewel encrusted dagger.

Meanwhile, at the Domino city shopping mall.

Ryou couldn’t remember the last time he’d ever been this happy. With a backpack full of party supplies and groceries, Ryou tried to think of what to buy his favorite white haired cousin. But the idea of dueling jut wouldn’t die. Then, as if a sent from the heavens, Ryou saw it. In front of him was a sign. And on this sign, “Duel disks sold here” was written in big gold letters.

“Of course, a Duel Disk! Why haven’t I thought of it before?” Clutching his wallet, he rushed into the game shop.

Friday, 1:30 pm : Domino train station.

Krystal patiently sat, waiting for the next part of her journey to begin. She had been lucky that the airport security hadn’t found out about the mysterious dagger hidden in her pocket. By now, she figured out that the daggers magic had come into effect again. It was almost like she couldn’t get rid of it. She sometimes caught herself slipping it into her pocket. Sure she’d put it back but, the dagger always seem to be close at hand for some reason or another.

As she pondered about how this happened, a voice came over the speaker phone. “Train leaving for Domino city is now boarding.” Awakened from her thoughts, Krystal stood up and walked to her train.

Friday, 4:50 pm : Bakura residence.

Ryou stared at the dining room. What was an ordinary and fairly plain dining room now looked like a veritable party house. Streamers everywhere, large congregations of balloons floating above the table, and one of the most icing covered chocolate cakes ever imagined sat in the middle of the candle laden table.

Glancing at the clock, he realized how late how late his mother was in getting there. < Probably working late again.> He sighed. His mother would often work late on Fridays. When other people went home, she stayed behind to finish whatever she was doing. He didn’t mind much, but it was kind of annoying when they needed to get ready for a party. After a couple of minutes, he realized a car pulled into the driveway. After turning it off, misses Bakura stepped out of the car and came into the house.

“Hey sweetie!”, she said as she closed the door behind her.

“Hey mom.” Ryou looked over and saw that his mother looked even more tired than usual. Her long white hair was frizzled, and her normally clear blue eyes were cloudy. “Hard day at work?”

“You have no idea. Hey! Wow Ryou, you really did a good job with the decorations. I’m impressed.” She put her purse on a shelf and asked, “So, what are we having for dinner?”

Friday, 5:00 pm : Domino City.

Krystal stretched and yawned. < I am officially bored, > she thought as she fiddled with her white hair. She had been in that taxi for nearly ten minutes and was beginning to become impatient. It didn’t help that the taxi driver was a new resident of Domino.

“Are we almost there yet?” she whined.

“We should be there soon.”

“That’s what you said three minutes ago.”

“From what I can tell, that is still fairly soon,” said the cab driver, obviously annoyed. Krystal sighed. She was getting really tired.

After a couple minutes the driver pulled the car over and announced, “WE HAVE ARRIVED.” Krystal couldn’t tell wether he was excited about finding the place or just to be rid of her. After paying the cab driver, she grabbed her bags and walked up to the small house. A smile grew on her face as she started wondering about what was going to happen while she was here.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxX


Alright. This was just an introduction, but I still hope you liked it. Please review as I would like to know how to improve. Thank you.