Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fate and Destiny ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prolouge

Her strong tanned legs carried her swiftly through the city. Her arms pumped at her sides and her lungs burned and ached for air. An open wound in her side was staining her white silk top. Every muscle in her body was crying out to her to stop running.

But she refused to listen.

Gold bracelets jingled on her arms and ankles just above a pair of sandles. A purple cloak flew behind her and her white silk skirt was stained with dirt that was begining to become smudged due to the light rain. A gold crown with the eye of horus on it shined in the moonlight just above her sparkling green eyes.

She had to get to the palace, she had to warn Atem. She had to get there before he did.

She absentmindedly clutched her Millenium Locket. Atem had given it to her.

She dashed up the palace steps and pushed open the gigantic wooden doors. The priests and Atem were waiting for her.

Atem rushed to her and helled her in his arms, buring his face in her long brown hair. The rain began to pour down harder.

She lifted her face from his chest and looked into his intense violet-red eyes.

"He's......coming.......Akefia's.........coming." She managed to choke out.

"We already know." He said squeezing her tighter. His hand moved to the wound in her side and he gasped. It was deep and she had most likely lost a lot of blood just getting here.

Now fully aware on how much her legs were tremblling and how much pressure she was putting against his chest, Atem realized that his arms were proboably the only things keeping her standing.

"Simon!" He called desprately for his advisor. The anger and desperation in his voice echoed in the room and sent shivers down the priest's spines.

A short old man came running up to him and bowed, "yes, my Pharoah."

"Take Kimisa to get her wound bandaged. Then take her to my chambers and have gaurds stationed around it." Simon nodded and motioned for three gaurds to come forward and take her away. Atem picked her up in his arms and kissed her before giving her to them.

He watched the protest in her eyes, but they both knew that she was to weak to fight back.

Atem looked at the doors she had been carried through and made sure that they were shut before giving orders to his priests.

"This will be the last battle we have with this theif! Prepare yourselfs!" His eyes burned with anger and hatred. Akefia would pay for what he had done to Kimisa. He would die tonight! Even if it ment Atem's life.....

******************************************************** **************************

Kimisa was quitley resting in Atem's chambers. Gaurds were stationed at every possible eneterance and were also patroling the hallways surrounding it.

The Pharoah walked quickly through the corridors, nearing the door to his bed chamber. The gaurds bowed and permited him enterance. He nodded and shut the door behind him.

He strode over to the edge of the bed and sat down on it. The sheets were tucked underneath her chin and her crown was resting next to her Millenium Locket on a bedside table.

Her breating was fine and she looked calm and peaceful despite what was about to happen tonight.

He gently carresed her face and ran his fingers through her silky brown hair.

"I'm so sorry, Kimisa. I never meant for you to get hurt." He heard the door open but his gentle eyes never left her face.

"My Pharoah, he is right outside the palace walls." Simon called from the door way.

Atem nodded and kissed Kimisa on the lips, saying his final good bye to her. He got up and walked away from the bed, followed Simon out the door and the Gaurds shut it behind him.

************************************************************* *********************

Akefia was waiting for the Pharoah. He had wounded Queen Kimisa, but not to kill her, but to rile up the Pharoah, make his blood boil with such hatred that he would act foolishly. And, from the way his eyes shined with the anger of one thousand suns, he knew it had worked.

"Akefia!" Atem shouted.

"Are you finally ready, my pharoah? This is where your rein ends!" Akefia through his head back and laughed wickedly. Atem narrowed his eyes and a gold band on his arm unsheathed and three monsters apeared on it.

"Gods of Egypt! Help me destroy this theif!" The Priests did the same, summoning their own spirit kas.

************************************************************* *************************

The battle raged on for hours. The priests had been nocked unconscious and the Pharoah and gods were still fighting.

"Akefia, how dare you hurt Kimisa!" The Pharoah shouted angrily across the courtyard at him.

Akefia simpley smirked and shrugged. "She was in my way, so I decided to get red of her."

Atem could feel the blood rush through his veins, carrying with it adrenalin and hatred. "AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

All three gods reared back, and blasted Akefia with a blast so strong that the night seemed to turn to day for a second.

When the light fadded, Akefia layed dead on the ground. The Pharoah dropped to his knees.

Goodbye, Kimisa.......and he died.

************************************************************ ***************************

Back in the Pharoah's chambers, Kimisa awoke with a start. She had felt a pull on her heart and knew what had happened.

She quickly climed out of the bed but fell to the ground at the intense pain in her side. She got back on her feet and opened the door.

The Gaurds were confused, " My queen, you cannot leave! Your wound is still healing!" He tried to block her but she pushed him away, still holding her side.

Kimisa stumbled through the halls until she finally made it to the courtyard. The priests were concious, and she saw Atem's body on the ground.

She could only look at it in shook as she fell to her knees, covering her mouth with her hand.

"N-No.....it c-can't b-b-be...." Isis went to her side and put an arm around her shoulders.

******************************************************* ***********************************

"Where has his soul been sent?" Kimisa asked. She knew that Atem's soul would not have been sent to the afterlife.

Priest Seto sighed. "His soul has been locked away in the millenium puzzle. It is sitting in the village of Kul Elna right know."

"Why can't we send his soul to the Afterlife?" She asked. Didn't he deserve it, after all he had done for them, for her.....

"He may be needed again." Isis explaned. "You see, I had a vision from my Millenium Necklace. It showed that only the one worthy of wheeling the power of the Millenium Puzzle could put the pieces together."

Tears formed in Kimisa's eyes and she stood from the table and raced out into the night.

It had been a week since Atem and Akefia had died.

Kimisa's wound was almost healed, but still ached if she moved to much at once. She ran down to the Nile and slummped to the ground at it's banks.

It seemed so unfair. Wasn't there someting she could do?

And then it struck her......

She quickly ran back up to the Palace and raced to the library. Scrolls were placed neatly on shelves and she tore through them, looking until she found the right one......there it is!

Then she ran back up through the palace and out to the stables where she found a horse and quickly began to race through the desert towards Kul Elna......

******************************************************* **************************

Isis was sitting at a table along with the other priests with a fire in the middle. Her hands were formed around her necklace and her eyes were closed. She gasped and opened her eyes suddenly, standing up from the table.

"Queen Kimisa is gone! She has gone to the village of Kul Elna to try and set the Pharoah's soul free!"

"We have to stop her!" Shadi said. They quickly got on their horses and rode after her.

************************************************************* *********************

A storm was begining to brew and Kimisa stumbled through the main street of Kul Elna, clutching her cloak around herself and a traveling bag.

She barely managed to pull the doors open to the resting place of the Millenium Items against the strong winds. When she managed to get inside and shut the doors behind her, she found that candles were already lit and that she could see the golden slab where there were slots for the Millenium Items.

Atem's was in the middle.

She sat down in front and let her cloak spred aound her. She laid the scroll in front of her and began to chant in Egyptian.

When she opened her eyes, she relized nothing had happened......

The queen screamed in frustration and tried again, channeling all of her power into the spell. The Millenium Puzzle began to glow gold as did the queen's body. The gold light got brighter and brighter, until, it finally came to a stop. Kimisa fell over and looked up.

She knew that it hadn't worked.

She struggled towards the stone slab and rested her head on it. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you...." She cried, her hand searching for the Millenium Puzzle.

The moment her fingers touched it she understood Isis' prophecy.

The priests gathered at the bottom of the enterance steps and wathced Kimisa begining to take the puzzle from its slot. She clutched it to her chest and turned around, tears flowing uncontrolably down her face. As she raised it above her head, the Puzzle began to glow gold again with her body and the Millenium Locket around her neck.

Then, before anyone could stop her......

she shattered it.

Then Kimisa died, puzzle pieces lying around her.

Later, the priests also sealed her away in the locket, only to be released and, hopefully, reunited with the Pharoah.....