Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fear ❯ The Assignment ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh.
Fears

Chapter 1-The Assignment

"Class, your assignment is to poll at least ten people on what their greatest fear is," the teacher stated.

The glass groaned.

"And then I want you to write a paper on the poll, telling what was the most common fear among the ten people."

They emitted an even louder groan.

"And since you're so enthusiastic about it, you will also be required to write a paper on your own fear." the teacher said with false enthusiasm.

This time the class was silent. They didn't want to be ambushed with anymore work.

"Good," the teacher said, "It's all due in three weeks."

Just then the bell rang, and the students ran out of the classroom.

*****************After School*****************

Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, and Bakura were walking to the Game Shop to hang out.

"So, what do you guys thing about the assignment?" Yugi asked.

"I think it's bogus!" Joey exclaimed

"You only think so because you don't want anyone that you're afraid of bunnies!!" Tristan accused, laughing.

"I am NOT afraid of bunnies!"

"Oh, yeah, I remember when you tried to feed the rabbit at school a candy bar and it bit you. Afterwards, you wouldn't get near it for anything." Tea said, making Joey go red.

"Anyway, I think the Project is weird. Who cares what people are afraid of?" Yugi said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, we weren't even doing anything in class that had to do with fears. It was just out of the blue." Bakura added.

"Well, he is a new teacher, maybe we should cut him some slack," Tea said.

When they got to the Game shop they were still couldn't figure out where the project came from.

*****************Back at School*****************

Meanwhile, at the school, the teacher was at his computer, grading some papers, or so it seemed.

"Have you found it, yet?" asked a voice coming from the computer.

"Not yet, sir," the teacher said.

"What do you mean?! What the hell are you doing over there?! You're on a mission, not a vacation!" the voice exploded in anger.

The teacher winced as if the voice had struck him. "I know. I'll have it to you as soon as possible," the teacher said.

"How soon?" the voice asked.

"Uh, three weeks?"

"You have one," the voice said, calmly, and with that the computer shut down.

The teacher banged his head on his desk and groaned; "Now I know how my students feel."

*****************At Yugi's*****************

Yugi and the others were in his living room discussing the project.

"So, you think we should poll each other first?" Yugi asked.

"Naw, let's just forget about the assignment for now and have some fun," Joey said.

"We should really get started on it," Tea said.

"What for? We've got three weeks!" Tristan exclaimed, apparently agreeing with Joey.

"But it's better to get it over with now so we don't have to worry about it later," Bakura said.

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever," Joey said.

"Well, whatever you guys decide, it's your grade. But I've got to get home." Tea said, getting up.

"Me too." Tristan said, also getting up.

"I guess, I should leave too," Bakura said.

"Well, if everyone is leaving then I'll leave to." Joey said.

Yugi walked everyone to the door and said, "Later, I'll see ya'll tomorrow."

"Later" they all said, as they made their way to their homes.

*****************The Next Day*****************

"Class, there's been a change in the due date of the project I assigned to you yesterday." the teacher announced as soon as the bell rang.

"What do you mean?" a student asked.

"Well, instead of it being due in three weeks, it's due by the end of this week."

"What?!" the class exploded.

"Class, calm down," the teacher said, putting his hands up telling them to be quiet, "Because of the short amount of time you only have to write a paper on your fears."

The class silently took in this information.

"Now for the remainder of the class I want you to work on your rought drafts. But I want your final draft to be neatly written in blue or black ink, or typed, but front only, either way." the teacher continued.

The class quietly started to work.

*****************The End of the Week*****************

Okay, class, would you please pass all your papers to the front." the teacher said as the bell rang.

Once the papers were in, the teacher said, "Okay, open your text books to page 253 and answer questions 1-10, in complete sentences while I grade your papers."

The class did as instructed in silence.

*****************After School*****************

Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, and Bakura were walking home together.

"Whew, I'm glad that's over with." Joey said.

"Yeah, writing about your fears is a scary thing," Yugi said.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, when I was writing it I kept looking over my shoulder," Tea said.

"I know what you mean, talk about an assignment to get you paranoid." Yugi said.

"I'm just glad I don't have to think about it anymore." Tristan said.

"But, you guys, did you write about your real fears or did you make it up?" Bakura asked, as he stopped before he turned to go down his street.

Everyone was silent for a moment, not sure what to say. Then they slolwy nodded their heads, not wanting to say it out loud.

"Yeah, I did, too." Bakura said, continuing to walk down his street. "Well, I guess I'll see you Monday." Bakura then waved. And the others continued on their way to home.

One by one they got home, till only Yugi remained. 'Hmm, I wonder why the teacher wanted us to write about our fears,' he thought. A chill suddenly ran down his spine, 'I've got a bad feeling about this.'

*****************Back at School*****************

"Have you got it?" the voice asked, impatiently.

"Yes, sir." the teacher said. He typed something into the computer.

"Five? You found five?" the voice asked, incredulously.

"Yep," the teacher said, proudly.

"Great Job, Kaitou." the voice said.

"Thank you, sir."

"Now, bring them to me." the voice said.

"Yes, sir. I'll deliver them to you personally."

"Good. You have another week," the voice said and the computer shut down.

'That's more than enough time,' the teacher, who we now know is Kaitou, thought to himself, 'Now, that I know their fears, they'll have no choice but to come with me.'

*****************To Be Continued*****************

A/N: So, what did you think? I'm not getting that many good ideas for this one so I might now update for a while but if you like it I might concentrate more on this than on my other stories that I'm writing, but haven't put up...anyway, R&R please.