Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Find Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

+Trapped in the darkness Yugi's POV.+
I don't know where I am, but I know if I keep walking; I'll find light in this dark abyss. I willed my feet to move, one foot in front of the other, in a slow manner. I didn't want to rush to much, I don't know what's on either side of me.
One false step and I could… die.
I don't know how long I've been walking really. Maybe a couple of days. But one thing I want to find out is:
How did I get here?
I don't remember anything, just my name: Yugi Motou. It's like that's the only thing I have left for me. If I didn't have my name I wouldn't find the will to keep walking.
More steps…
My footsteps echoed through the emptiness. I felt so tired, so light headed. I wanted to give up so badly. That's when I felt arms snake around me. One around my waist the other around my neck. The arms were tanned, and muscular. The man that held me laughed, his voice rich and deep… full of hate and malice. I struggled, the ghost like arms held me chained.
I don't know why… but I wanted to stay in his arms, but at the same time I wanted to run away. Break free from his chains and run, run as far as I could possibly go. At the moment, all that was running through my veins were fear. I trashed about, trying my best to break free, but the grip just got tighter.
“LET ME GO!” I screamed with as much hatred and intensity as possible. The arms lessened their grip around me and evaporated into the darkness. I turned around and caught a glimpse of remorseful crimson eyes.
Why did I feel a twinge of guilt?
“Yugi…” I heard someone call my name. The voice was so wonderful, it flowed like music. I wanted to get closer to the voice, wanted to be enveloped by it; so my walking soon turned into a run. I sprinted into the man's arms; it was weird because I felt both cold and warm at the same time. I shivered as I felt the man's hands linger on my hips.
I looked up at his mix-matched eyes. One was green the other was gold, it was so exotic. The man chuckled before pulling my closer to him.
“Little One, wake up.”
+Control: If I awake, what will I see on the other side? My POV+
The tri-colored haired teen awoke in a daze; he didn't remember anything at all. No matter how much he tried to wrack his brain around what happened he just couldn't remember. All he knew was his name.
His name was the only tangible thing the boy had.
Yugi glanced left and right, taking in all the surroundings. He was in a room where there were no windows, but he could feel the cold wind brush against his exposed skin; which he just realized he was naked. Frantically he searched for the blanket and pulled it up to his chest.
His amethyst eyes quickly got adjusted to the dim lighting in the room. Right now he had no idea whether or not he should run away. Something was screaming at him to run , to get out of this place, but something was holding him back as well. For now he had no idea where to go, so he just sat. Sat and stared at the wall in front of him.
The wooden door opened and in walked a man, the same man from Yugi's dreams. He felt his heart thump two… three… four times faster than normal. The tri-colored teen felt the urge to hide under his bangs and cover his nervous expression with them.
The man with the mix-matched eyes gave a small smile, for some reason Yugi felt warmth from those eyes… but something else as well lingered within him….
It was fear.
“Is something wrong, Little One?” the man asked with concern, but his eyes showed something else.
“Who are you?” Yugi asked. His amethyst eyes were full of curiosity and slight fear, however his face didn't falter.
The man chuckled, “My name is Dartz. It seems as if you have forgotten me, Little One.”
“Why do you keep calling my Little One? My name's Yugi… Yugi Motou.” The small one liked the way his name sounded. The words, they rolled off his tongue. He felt that, if he kept repeating his name memories could be unlocked.
Dartz gave a small smile as he sat upon the bed that Yugi was currently lying on, “I'm sorry Yugi, Little One is the nickname I gave to you.” he brushed a blonde bang from Yugi's eyes. “You always loved it when I called you that.”
Yugi silently nodded and leaned into the touch. For some reason Dartz calling him Little One felt so… empty. Like there was nothing deep or significant into it. But now he couldn't worry about that, he was just too confused at the moment.
“So why do you call me Little One… Dartz?” Yugi said with a blush.
“Because, you're my Little One.” the light green haired man leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on Yugi's forehead. Yugi felt a slight burn from the contact.
Yugi nodded once again. For a while there was just silence before Yugi asked.
“Can you give me my memories?”
Dartz gave a shocked look, before softening his features, “Of course Little One, I'll help you recover what was lost.” he held out his hand and the small teen looked at it curiously.
Dartz chuckled, “Come with me.”
+In Domino City.+
Yami guzzled down the last drop of his beer. He knew it was wrong, that he shouldn't indulge in the buzz of the alcohol, but he couldn't help himself. His aibou was gone, all because of his selfishness.
Because he let the power overcomes his senses.
He squeezed the can tight in his fist; causing the aluminum can to be crumpled easily in his palm. Yami looked at the crumpled can, eyed every crack, every blemish. It reminded him of himself… the crumpled can… his crumpled spirit.
Yami missed having Yugi near him; his calm, soft reassuring voice would always make him feel at ease. They would talk for hours… just the two of them. They would hold each other for hours, kiss for what seemed like an eternity. And now Yugi was gone, but he could still feel the heat radiate from the places Yugi would kiss him.
“It's my fault… it's all my fault!” he screamed. He throw the can against the wall, making a loud enough sound for his three best friends, Jou, Anzu, and Tristan, to walk in.
“Yami…” Jou began to say, his chocolate brown eyes twinkling in compassion.
“Save it, Jou.” Yami said coldly. His face covered in a shadow from his blonde bangs.
Anzu walked over to Yami and knelt to his level. Carefully she placed her had on top of Yami's and stroked it softly.
“Yami please… don't beat yourself up…”
“Stop it, Anzu.”
Anzu looked shocked and held onto Yami's hand a little tighter.
“I said: STOP IT, ANZU!” he screamed. He grabbed Anzu's hand off of his, “If holding and feeling up hands would get Yugi back then by all means go ahead! But it won't work! So stop Anzu… just stop.”
Anzu blinked back tears; she didn't mean to make Yami mad. She just wanted to see her friend happy. However that was only part of it, because she also had a huge crush on the older teen. She wished to be held in his arms just as many times as Yugi has, but she knew that day would never come… or maybe… it will…
Jou balled his hands into fists and let out a shaky breath, “Yami look yah gotta calm down man. Don't take your anger out on Anzu here.”
Yami stared at his hands and flexed his fingers, “I know… I… I just can't…”
“Yami, s'okay, we understand. Just… try to calm down a little?”
Yami curled up on the sofa so that his back was facing his friends, “I want to be alone right now.”
“Yami being alone won't help! Yugi wouldn't want you lying around here doing nothing! He'd want you to do everything in your power to get him out!” Tristan said. He was tired of seeing Yami moping around, it wasn't like him. The Yami he knew would be rushing right now to find his Yugi, not lying on the couch drinking beer.
“Tristan's right Yami, you have to get up.”
“I… I don't know if I can…”
“Bullshit!” Jou screamed. He was sick and tired of letting Yami get away with moping. It was time he did something about it, “What if you and Yug switched places here? Would he be sitting around here doing nothing? No! He'd be hustling his ass off for yah, now prove that you really love him and get off your ass!” The blonde grabbed Yami by the waist and slammed him onto the floor in wrestler fashion.
Yami glared hard and intently at the blonde, the buzz from the alcohol was wearing off slowly.
“Jou, I should kill you for that!”
“Good you're angry. Now use that anger to find Yugi.” Jou stated plainly, a smirk gracing his features.
Yami sat silent for a moment before realization hit him. He smirked back and punched Jou on the arm, “I could hug you right now.”
Jou rubbed his abused arm, but kept his smirk on his face, “Don't even try, you know how he'll get if he knows you touched me in any way, shape, or form.”
The rest of the group already knew who Jou was referring too: Seto Kaiba; Jou's long time lover. Anzu and Tristan decided to sit down while Yami was formulating a plan.
“Okay guys… what do we know so far?” Yami asked, his tone of voice serious.
Tristan was the first to speak up, “Well we know he was taken by the Seal of Oricalchos. And that every person that gets taken has there souls stored somewhere.”
“True… but where is this `somewhere.'” Yami did air quotes around somewhere, “It's not exactly down the street and to the left.”
“True but what if we could somehow track the energies of the souls to one common origin?” The group turned around to see where the idea came from. Their friend Ryuji came out, his black hair tied in its natural ponytail, his emerald green eyes sparkling with intrigue. As he made his way to the group his dice swung with every step.
“And how would we do that?” Anzu asked raising an eyebrow.
Jou piped up, “I know Kaiba can. I just don't know if he's willing to do it.”
Tristan gave Jou a sly smile, “I know one way to make him cooperate with us.” the brunette winked a couple of times causing Jou to blush.
“Shut up Tristan!” silently he added, “I was already planning on doing that.”
“What was that Jou?” Tristan asked smirking while raising an eyebrow.
“N-Nothing!” he turned his attention to Yami, “So what do you think Yami? Good idea?”
Yami nodded, “Great idea. If anyone could track that amount of spiritual power it's Kaiba.”
Anzu placed one finger on her lips; Yami eyed her wondering what was wrong, “Anzu…?”
“Yami… have you tried talking to Yugi through the mind-link?”
Yami nodded, “Many times, but each one was a failure.”
“Well… maybe you should try again Yami.” Anzu offered.
“Anzu if it didn't work before what difference would it make now?” Yami asked getting agitated.
Anzu let out a sigh before replying, “I'm saying that maybe the reason why the mind-link didn't work was because your mind was too clouded from the effects of the alcohol. Now that your mind's clearer maybe the mind-link will be more effective.”
Yami contemplated on this for a moment before breaking out in a smile, “Yes! I suppose you're right. Thank you Anzu.” The brunette felt herself get warm as Yami smiled at her. Yami closed his eyes and blocked out everyone and everything around him, only focusing on one person: Yugi.
/Aibou…?/
+To find what was lost, I will do everything to find it.+
Yugi glances left and right, confusion etched on his face and shining through his amethyst eyes.
“Dartz?” he asked out into the darkness of the hallway, but no one answered. `That didn't sound like it came from Dartz. He never called me aibou…'
/Aibou are you there…?/
“Yes.” Yugi answered out loud. However the voice in his head didn't hear him and kept on asking. The lights went on in Yugi's head; if the voice couldn't hear him verbally it could probably hear him mentally.
//Um… who is this?//
/Aibou!/ the voice in Yugi's head sounded like it was choked in tears.
/Is something wrong… Mr.Voice?/
The voice paused before chuckling a little, it was such a silky, deep laugh that sends shivers up and down the small boy's spine, /No… nothing's wrong. I'm just glad you are safe Little One./
//Little One…?// Yugi twirled one of his blonde bangs in thought, no one other than Dartz had called him Little One so far. If it was Dartz then wouldn't he have recognized it?
/Yugi… do you not remember?/ the voice sounded hurt… and sad.
Yugi shook his head but realized that the voice in his head wouldn't be able to see it, //Sorry… I don't remember much. But… how do you know my name? I never told you? What else do you know!// by now Yugi was begging.
The voice sighed, /Yugi… please listen to me. Right now your in a very bad place./
//No I'm not.// Yugi replied stubbornly.
/Aibou yes you are. The man who has taken you, Dartz, is not someone to be trusted./
//What are you talking about… he's more trustworthy than a voice in my head! You must be my conscience! Trying to reason with me, but you don't have to.//
/Little One…/ now the voice was feeling strained, /Please… listen to me… you have no idea how much pain I've been through ever since you were stolen from me./
Yugi could sense the pain in the voice's tone and wished desperately to comfort it, he just didn't know how. //I was… stolen from you?//
/Yes…/ the voice said sadly.
//That can't be true.//
/But it is, Dartz took you and-/
//IT'S NOT TRUE!// Yugi yelled through the link. //YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT YOUR PAST! THE ONLY THING I HAVE IS MY NAME! THE DARTZ YOU TRY SO HARD TO BLAME IS THE DARTZ THAT HAS BEEN DOING HIS DAMNDEST TO HELP ME REMEMBER! AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING… NOTHING!// Yugi felt his nails digging into the palm of his hand and quickly let out deep breathes.
The voice was silent, and for awhile Yugi thought the voice had left me. When the voice came back it was now confident and strong. /Yugi you have no idea how many times I've tried./ the voice rang through his head. The way he said his name… it was so… melodic.
//I bet…//
The voice sighed, /Little One, right now you're confused but I promise you. I will talk to you again, I promise./
//Whatever…// Yugi felt the voice disappear and for some reason he felt empty. He leaned against the wall, loving the feel of the cold surface on his back. Just before, Dartz had introduced him to the rest of his friends: Valen, Raphael, and Alistair. Apparently Valen was his closest and most trusted friend, so he easily found himself liking the brunette's southern accent. Alistair was pretty easy to get along with too, but Raphael scared Yugi the most. Apparently Raphael was the one who saved Yugi from the Pharaoh's power and brought him back to Dartz mansion.
However the one piece of information that struck him the most was that he and Dartz was lovers. He didn't feel any love from the green haired more like a control like nature. However, he couldn't leave Dartz either. Yugi wrapped his arms around himself, he didn't know why but he missed the voice in his head. The one that sounded so warm and caring, in that voice he felt actual emotion.
He wished desperately to not have yelled at the voice as he did. He never even got the name. Sighing he walked back to his room, his footprints leaving marks on the plush carpet. When he arrived to his door, he walked inside his room and flopped on the bed and pulled himself into a curling position; his knees to his chest and his arms wrapped around him.
And for some unknown the smaller teen began to cry. Was it confusion? Or just feeling lonely in this strange but somewhat familiar world?