Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Friend In Me ❯ Shades of Dark ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yo, I started this one day and only just found it again. Boy don't I suck?!
Anywho, have fun, Yugioh belongs to Kazuki Takahashi. All hail Kazuki! Oh and to all who may wonder, Ayamé is Japanese for Lily. I'm pretty sure. Tell me if I'm wrong. I know that Katsura sounds a lot like Joey's Japanese name, Katsuya Jounouchi. I really suck at names. Anyways, on with the fic!!



Friend In Me~ Deadly Playmate


Previously in FIM:

~~~~ "That isn't true dear. We didn't know that THIS would happen. We simply _thought_ that he would solve that-that puzzle ." Katsura tried to console his wife.
But she was too upset to listen. Tears poured down her face as she glared at the two men, still gently rocking her near- dead babe.
"Katsura, Sugokuru, listen to me. You will not let my child anywhere _near_ that monstrosity. Why its so important to you two, I don't know, but I do know that that puzzle is evil."
"But Ayamé-" started Sugokuru in a pleading manner.
"No Sugokuru. Thats _final_."~~~~


The ride in the ambulance was rather uneventful. They took his blood pressure, and put him on an IV. Ayamé rode with them, with Katsura and Sugokuru tailing them in the car. (a/n: That reminds me of the movie About A Boy, where the main character comments on driving really fast behind an ambulance. Sorry, I'll shut up now.)
They all pulled up at the Emergency entrance. But as Ayamé made to follow the EMS crew into the hospital, she was stopped and told to wait in the lobby.
"But my baby-!" She started sobbing again.
"We are sorry ma'am, but you aren't allowed into the ER. Your son should be fine. We hope." The last part of this was said under the EMS's breath. She cried but nodded and went to wait.

"Karl! We need some blood for this kid. He's fading fast, its amazing he's lasted this long." A team of doctors crowded around, shouting orders and trying so hard to save this little innocent.
"We're losing him!" The steady rythym of his heart suddenly started to beat erraticly.
"He's going into shock!" The beats grew more frantic and suddenly stopped all together.

"DeFib! Charge, 150!" The charge of electricity surged through out the little body, lifting it gently off the table.
"No go! 200! Clear!" The next charge produced a weak rythym, but a rythym none the less.
"We have a beat, get the blood transfusion." This continued well into the night.




The three had been waiting for hours. Katsura holding his trembling wife. Sugokuru holding the Sennen puzzle tightly. He was thinking hard about the puzzle, and his grandson.
'He completed the puzzle, in only a matter of minutes at that. He was destined to hold it, to bond with the spirit within it. But how can he if he's injured. Or worse... No! I won't think like that! He'll be fine. Just fi-'
His thoughts were interrupted by the opening of the waiting room doors. The doctor came into the room, smiling slightly. He looked around for a minute before locating the nervous trio.
"Are you the parents of Yuugi Motou?" He asked in a slight voice.
"Yes, we are," answered Katsura for his wife was sobbing again.
"What's wrong? How is he?" The doctor held up his hands to stop the rapid flow of questioning. He sighed and motioned for them to follow him.

"Yuugi, well, he's a how should I put this... 'special' case. You see, with the amount of blood he lost at his size and weight, he shouldn't even be here." Ayamé gasped.
"But Mrs. Motou, he is doing okay for now. I hate to tell you this, I really do. But your son had to be resusitated(Aye cen't spel.) in the ER. With his ummm, condition, we need to ask you if you want to sign a DNR form." He looked sadly to the group.
"W-what's a DNR form?"
"Do Not Resusitate. We don't think it would be wise in his fragile condition to put his body through that kind of stress again. Already he's on a breathing machine, and his heart is having a hard time accepting the donor blood. He is on life support right now, but after a week, if he doesn't wake up, you might have to -...."
Ayamé started sobbing again. Her baby? Died almost? DNR? Life support? What was happening to her child? Oh yes, that puzzle happened.
She nodded and held out her hand to receive the forms.


Where was this? How come he couldn't find his mother? What was going on?
/Momma! Ka-sam! Hold Yuugi. I want mamma./ He started to sniffle and tears coursed down his face. Suddenly he felt a burning, a bright light. He shunned away from the burning light, running into the comforting dark. He stopped when he could no longer feel or see the light. He sighed and looked around. It was very dark here. But he still manage to see a little.
//Who are you Little One?// Came a deep voice, making Yuugi jump.



Should I stop there? I don't know.....

Naw, I'm not that mean. Usualy.



Wide violet eyes searched the darkness for the owner of the voice. He was scared, but something about that voice seemed... comforting?
/Who said that?/ He managed to ask, sounding very pathetic. The dark all around him seemed to shift and swirl, forming a figure out of the wispy tendrils.
//I am Yami. Who might you be Little one?// The figure stepped away from the dark, into the small amount of light given off by the boy.
/I'm Yuugi. Where are we? Why can't I find momma?/ The figure smiled a bit and crouched down, revealing harsh crimson orbs.
//We are in the puzzle. I know why I am here, but what about you?//
/Puzzle? You mean the gold thingy I put together from Ji-cham's bags?/ Yuugi asked, tilting his head cutely. Yami gasped.
//You put it together? Why haven't I been released then? Why are you here instead?// Yuugi thought about this for a second before he replied.
/My Ka-sam dropped her glass vase when I showded her the puzzle. I don't remember much after that./ Yami stood and started to pace.
Yuugi sniffed and sat down. He was tired, and cold. But before anything else could pass through his mind, the burning light came back.
/Yami! Help me! It hurts Yami!/ He screamed. Yami turned to him, running to try to pull him away. But in the process he too got burned.
They screamed together as they were pulled roughly from the darkness of the puzzle's walls....



There. Another chapter finished and posted. Ha! Please review. And I promise a cookie to the first ten reviewers!!

Mono and Kani.