Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From Hatred Comes Love ❯ The Kaiba Problem ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own yu-gi-oh (wish I did) but I do own, Teji and Sogio Meoji, Mr. McFoster and Ryan, also Angel Elm is mine. So yeah you cant use them… but you can love them J

Chapter 24: The Kaiba Problem

DOMINO JR. HIGH SECONDARY SCHOOL

Second to last day

Teji waved her hand for Weevil and Rex to come join her at the table she was sitting at. They were the first two at the table, besides her.
“Hey what’s up Teji?”
“Nothing much Weevil, how bout you two?”
“Nothing much.” Rex spoke for both of them.
“Hey, I got something for you two.” Teji handed each of them a red envelope. “It’s for the end of the year party, I want you both to come.”
“Thanks Teji.”
“So is this the table you guys always sit at?” Weevil asks.
“Yeah, but we couldn’t find you two yesterday.”
“That’s because we had to leave early yesterday, be for lunch time.”
“Oh, can I ask you something?”
“Sure.” Replied Weevil, “Anything.”
“I was just wondering, why did you guys come so late in the school year?”
“You see,” Rex began. “Our fathers went off to war, and our
mothers moved in with each other for fanatical reasons.”
Weevil interrupted. “But they died a year ago, and our moms decided to stay living together since they were already best friends. But, my mom found a better job here in Domino so we moved.”
Rex cut back in. “The company she works for said she had to move in this week, other wise they wouldn’t pay for the move.”
“Oh, I see. What company is she working for?”
“I think it was called Card corporation… Its one of those huge card places that makes duel monsters.”
“Oh…” Teji became quiet.
“Is there something wrong?” asked Weevil.
“No, its just, I own that company.”
“No way, my mom said that a teen age girl owned it, but I would have never of guessed someone as nice as you owned it.” Rex said.
“I act way different at work, don’t worry.”
Kaiba came through the cafeteria doors. He spotted Teji and came and sat next to her.
He was usually the first one at the table with Teji, because him and Teji never ate the schools lunch.
Weevil looked at Kaiba, “Do you always sit by Teji?”
Kaiba just looked up with a confused look on his face. He had been sitting by her since the first time she came to this school two years ago.
Teji spoke for him. “We always sit together.”
“Why? I don’t get it… Let me try to straiten everything out. You and Kaiba went out.”
“Last year and the beginning of this year.” Interrupted Teji.
“Right, and now you and Joey are going out?”
Teji was nodding her head.
“And you, Kaiba, and Joey have all of your classes together. But, even though you broke up, you still are partners in your classes, and you spend time together?”
“Yeah, but mostly at school. I see him a lot because of our brothers, they are really close.”
“So you see him a lot?”
“Yeah I guess so.” Teji said plainly.
“And Joey doesn’t care?” Weevil asked still amazed with all of this.
“Nope, he’s fine with it all.”
“Isn’t he worried?” Rex asked.
“Should he be?” Weevil added in.
“I guess not…” Teji said wondering where this was all going. “We are just friends, I told you yesterday.”
The whole time Kaiba just sat there typing on his laptop, which is what Teji normally did. “What about you?” Weevil asked Kaiba. “How do you feel about all this?”
Kaiba just looked at him. “Like she said we are friends.”
“Just friends? I heard you still like her.” Weevil was trying to get all the information so he could get with Teji.
Kaiba just looked at him, he didn’t know what to say. If he said he didn’t that would mess everything up, but if he said he did, she might spend less time with him. “We are just friends.” He finally said.
Rex and Weevil were getting bored of the convention and began talking about duel monsters.
Joey and Tristen came out of the lunch line. “Took you two long enough…” Complained Rex
“Sorry, there were a ton of people in line today.” Joey said.
Yugi came walking out of line with Ryou, and Tea was by Bakura. “Hey guys.” Tea waved towards everyone.
Just hen Yami came through the doors holding Angel’s hand. They came and sat down. “Hey Yugi.” Yami said. “Have you all met Angel?”
Everyone nodded. Then Angle began to speak. “Guess what! Yami and I are going out. She began giggling, “Isn’t he cute?”
“It turns out she use to be in poisoned in the millennium necklace.” Yami said excitedly.
“Really Yami? That’s great that you found each other.”
Yugi was always happy for other people, especially Yami. They had been close friends for a long time.
Weevil whispered to Tristen. “Isn’t it odd that even though Joey and Teji are going out, Kaiba and Teji still spend more time together?”
“Yeah, I guess but Kaiba was Teji’s first friend.”
“But still, since they gone out and all, I mean how many broken up couples do you see that they are friends, and nothings going on between them?” Weevil asked trying to cause trouble.
“Now that you mention it, none. We should do something about the Kaiba problem.” Tristen said wanted to help his best friend out.
“Ok,” Weevil said smiling inside, “But what?”
“Meet me today after school in the back. I’ll take care of the rest.”