Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Gozaburo's Revenge ❯ The Break-In ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any part of Yu-gi-oh, although I wish I did. I tried. *sadly shows you a letter from the producers claiming they simply would not sell Yu-gi-oh for a dollar.*

Chapter One
The Tape

***Seto's P.O.V***
I was jerked awake by a loud, thundering knock on my door. With a quick glance at the digital clock by my bed, I read 4:53 AM. I had only gotten to sleep at 4:00. The company had kept me awake, as usual. "What?!" I snapped, sitting up on my bed, but not bothering to turn on the lamp. It would probably be something small, a question about something stupid like where the back-up flashlight batteries were. "Mr.Kaiba, sir, there's been a break-in."
That got my attention. The lazy state I had been in was there no longer. I slammed my hand onto the touch-lamp and stumbled out of bed, quickly dressing in my usual outfit. I brushed the bangs out of my eyes and swung the door open to face Jake and Carl, two of my night guards. "Why aren't you in Kaibacorp?!" I asked sharply, starting dowstairs. "Well, sir, we tried to alert you by phone, but you didn't answer, so we came in with the key you loaned us..." 'Yes,' i thought quietly to myself, 'I really should stop leaving the guaurds keys to my house. Only for their shift, they have to drop them off after their shift. But still...' "...and then we found your room and-" "Very well, gentlemen." I ended. "Where did it happen?" Slight pause. "We...don't know, sir." I froze. "What do you mean, you don't know? KaibaCorp has sensors the detect exactly where the break-in would occur!" "All the sensors went off at once." I cursed. That wasn't good. That meant whoever was behind this scheme was smart. It could, on the other hand, be a teenage prank. But I wasn't sure what teen would be intellegent-or patient-enough to know reprogram the sensors. "Sir? There's...um...another reason we came here." "And that is?" "ALL sensors went off. The sensors in this house, KaibaCorp, and your private building." Shit. That was bad. All rooms would have to be searched. And by then, if this was a serious criminal, everything could be stolen. "Call a driver. I need to take Mokuba somewhere safe." "Where, sir?" "Like I'd tell you." I growled, and started back up the staircase and into Mokuba's room.
I walked over, to wake him up, but paused with my hand halfway to his shoulder. Should I wake him up? Waking him would only cause him to worry, and I didn't want him to worry about something like this. I carefully, quietly, picked the boy up, careful to wake him up, and walked down the stairway and out the door. About 2 minutes later, a driver pulled up. I glanced at the two guards as I closed the door, the window rolled down, Mokuba asleep in the seat. "Jake, check my house. Carl, check KaibaCorp. I'll be back to check my private building and then help one of you." They nodded and raced off, and for a moment I was thankful I had two somewhat-dependable guards on duty today. Certainly better than some of the idiots I've hired.
A few minutes later, I arrived at the Motou house. It was against everything in me to go here, but I needed Mokuba to be safe. He woke up when the car stopped, and looked startled for a moment. "Seto?" He asked, looking at me through curious eyes, which I met. "We're having a problem, Mokuba, and I need you to be safe." With that I got out of the car, and he followed. "Yugi's house?" He asked, smiling slightly, and I nodded. "Yugi is the only one I can trust, Mokuba, who will take you with few questions." I knocked loudly on the door, and a light clicked on upstairs. A minute later, the door opened, to show a yawning Yugi in blue pajama's. "Kaiba? Mokuba?" "Yugi." "What are you doing here?" I need you to-"
"Yugi, who is it?" Oh, no. Yugi's grandfather, Solomon. He walked dowstairs, and paused halfway down. "Hello, Kaiba. Mokuba." He said warmly, but I could sense the cold tone in his voice as he said my name. "What brings you two here at this hour?" I scowled. Both asking the same question. That got on my nerves. I didn't so much as look at the old man, but at Yugi, who showed slight concern. "I'm having a...problem...in Kaiba property, and need you to watch Mokuba for tonight." "Sure, Kaiba. What-"
"Yug, what's the hold-KAIBA?!" I whirled my head up to see Joey Wheeler, the door closed behind me. "Mutt's here?!" I snapped, and Yugi gave him a helpless glance before looking at me, slightly embarrassed, it seems. "Joey, Tèa, Serenity, and Tristan are here." He said quietly, and my scowl deepened, but I didn't complain. At least Mokuba would be occupied. "Mokuba's staying here, Joey." He answered calmly, then looked back up at me. "Kaiba, what's the problem?" "None of your business." I answered, then nodded. "I'll be picking up Mokuba tomorrow, this thing should be settled by now." My driver walked up, and tapped me on the shoulder, the door never having been closed. "Mr. Kaiba, I have been alerted that someone was seen leaving the property." He informed, and I nodded. "I must be going now, Yugi." "Bye, Kaiba." He said, closing the door as I turned around.
***Mokuba's P.O.V***
I smiled lightly as Joey walked downstairs. "Hey, there, Mokuba!" "Hi, Joey." I said quietly, looking at the spot where Seto had stood only a minute ago. What I was thinking must have been obvious, because Yugi stepped beside me. "Don't worry, Mokuba, I'm sure Kaiba will have whatever the problem is settled soon." I nodded, not completely convinced. Kaiba wouldn't have brought me here if it wasn't something bad, so I was concerned.
"Well, Yugi, I'm going to bed." Solomon said, yawning and stretching, disappearing into his room. He nodded, and then we walked upstairs, Yugi opening the door to his bedroom, where Tèa, Serenity, Tristan, and Joey were crowded up around Yugi's bed. "Mokuba?" Tristan blurted, surprised, blushing. "Seto's having some problems at KaibaCorp." I offered, sitting down weakly. "You can use my extra sleeping bag, Mokuba."
There was a loud knocking sound again, and Yugi sighed, frowning. "Maybe Kaiba forgot something." This time, however, everyone went down. Including me. "Kai-" He broke off, staring around wildly before leaning down and picking up a package. "No one was there. But this was..." He muttered, holding it up. "It's...for you Mokuba." He said, and I frowned. "What?" He handed it to me, and it said, plainly: Mokuba Kaiba. That was all. Opening it, I found a tape, with name on it, and everybody exchanged glances. "Let's check it out." Joey advised, and the others nodded. "We can use the television down here. Grandfather won't mind." Yugi added, and everybody made their way to the nearby television. Yugi, Joey, and Tristan sat in the couch, Tèa, Serenity, and I took the floor, after I put the tape in. And I gasped.

what a terrible place to end a chapter right? Sorry if it's short, if I continue I'd make it too long...I know what's gonna be in part of the second chapter, if not all, and it'll be longer. Please R&R, constructive critism welcomed!