Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Green ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Word Count: 631
Notes/Warnings: Written for Selma. The challenge was green and cleaning.

Early morning. A Saturday, perhaps seven o'clock. Several people were crowded into Mutoh Yugi's bathroom, peering interestedly into the tub. Anzu was there, bright and awake even at such an early hour, dressed in a cute blue sweatsuit, looking as though she'd been summoned in the middle of a morning jog. (Coincidentally, this was exactly what she'd been doing when Yugi had called her.) Jounouchi was also present, and if Anzu embodied the concept of "morning person," the blonde was exactly the opposite. Unshaven, clad only in bathrobe and slippers, his eyes barely open, Jounouchi Katsuya was the picture of one prematurely awakened. He leaned tiredly against the doorway, looking as though he was on the verge of falling asleep right there.

The last two present were Yugi himself, hastily dressed in wrinkled jeans and a tee-shirt, and his other half, the Pharaoh, who was attired, as always, in an impressive array of leather and metal. Yugi, clutching a cup of coffee, was squeezed up against the wall between the toilet and the bathtub itself. Yami, looking faintly amused, was seated on the closed lid of the toilet.

"Okay, tell me again what happened?" Anzu requested.

"I came in here to take a shower, and just as I started the water running, the phone rang. On my way out, I accidentally knocked the shampoo bottle over into the tub. I guess the top must have come off, because when I came back, the bottle was almost empty, and the tub was...Well...Like this." Yugi gestured helplessly at the bottom of his bathtub. "So I called you, because I thought maybe you'd know how to make it go away."

"You're saying you think your shampoo did this? Yugi, I hate to break it to you, but I don't think it's supposed to turn your tub green."

"I know that!"

Anzu sighed. "I'm not sure I really want to know, but what exactly did you do with the shampoo?"

"Huh? I threw it out. I'm not going to use something that could stain porcelain on my hair. Besides, there wasn't that much left anyway."

"Could I see it?"

"Okay, but why?"

"Because unless I know what made it stain like this, I can't tell you how to clean it off!"

"Oh." Looking sheepish, Yugi reached past Yami, into the wastebasket under the sink, and pulled out a small green bottle.

Anzu took it, and examined it. "I use this brand all the time, and its never so much as discolored my hair." She popped the top, sniffed, and made a face. "That's weird. Doesn't smell like...well, anything really." She unscrewed the cap from the lid, and, squinching one eye closed, peered into the bottle. "Aha!" Pulling away again, she tilted the container slowly and let a small stream of pure green liquid pour into the tub.

"What is that?" Yami asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Food coloring!" Anzu and Yugi replied in unison. "Yugi, where did you get this stuff?"

"Otogi gave it to me. He said he used it, and it was supposed to be good for split ends." A thought suddenly dawned on him. "He must have filled the bottle with food coloring as a joke."

"Pretty bad joke. This stuff would have turned you green for a month, at least, if you'd used it. Not just your hair, either. Your face, your hands, whatever part of you it touched."

Yugi made a face. "Good thing I got that phone call, then."

"Can we get it off the bottom of the tub?" Yami asked.

Anzu nodded. "With bleach. You'll have to scrub it a whole bunch of times, though."

"More importantly, though," Yugi had taken on a devious look rarely seen on his face, "how am I going to get even with Otogi?"