Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Halloween ❯ A cold and lonely October-Morning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Happy Halloween

Author: Ashray

Pairing: Yami x Hikari

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yugioh or Halloween, just the idea for this Fic

Warning: Nothing in particular, if you don’t count swearing, cursing and a few pervert comments. But there are also Marik's ideas, and he is working together with Bakura… (I think that deserves a warning…)
This is not a horror-story, even if it's for Halloween…

Summary: Marik and Bakura use the 'Trick or Treat'- custom from Halloween and the absence of their Hikaris to visit a few people and play pranks.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Shouting"

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
A cold and lonely October-Morning
+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The air was cold; damp and chilly, like so many other days and nights around this time of the year.
It was silent and quiet in the streets, since it was still early and most of the people were still hiding in the warmth of their beds.
Most, but not all of them.
Because one person was already up, with a cheerful smile and big plans for this special day.

The suspicious being stopped his skipping and bouncing before a familiar house and took a deep breath:

"Hello, Good Morning, my dears! Open the door!
Happy Halloween!
Trick or Treat?!
Come on, guys, open up, I'm bored and I want to play with you!
Don’t worry, you two, it's just me, nice little Marik! And I even bring cookies!"

The happy, 'slightly' hyper voice of a certain blond Yami sounds really early in the morning through a closed front door.
The noise tore both of the inhabitants rather rudely out of their peaceful, well-deserved dreams and nearly made them hit the ceiling in shock.
"I will give you 'Treat' if you don’t shut up…" someone grumbled under the sheets and dragged the smaller form beside over to him to press him more firmly against himself.

Tiredly Ryou rubbed over his eyes as the persistent pounding and excited shouting at the door woke him up.
"Ignore him, maybe it makes him go away…" Bakura mumbled against the white head in front of him and buried his face in long silky strands.

"Come on, at last you open the door for me, Bakura!
Don’t let me stay here, all alone and lost in the Cold and Darkness!
You wouldn’t let poor Marik freeze to death, while you cuddle with you Light in there, would you?! Who know what else you two are doing in at the moment, just open the door! You can fuck him later, I will even wait!
Or watch!
Or help you?
Please let me in, Bakura!!
You said I shall come over and meet you, so here I am!!!"

"But not so damn early, you freaking idiot!! Shut up, or I rip your spine out!
I never told you to come so early, so don’t say that!"
Bakura yelled back, without caring that he was still in bed and had to scream through the whole house.
Ryou beside him winced at their volume, and what they said, and tried to hide under the covers.

"Ryou, come on! You are a nice Hikari, and nice Hikaris always help poor Yamis when they have to stay before a closed door!"
"We are not at home, so get lost!"
"But why can I hear you then, tomb robber?!! Get out of your Light and open the door!"

Ryou put a pillow over his head in a desperate attempt to block the screaming Yamis out, but sadly it wasn’t enough. He could still hear them 'talk'.
Finally Ryou had enough of them and he shoved Bakura over to the side until he fell out of their warm bed.
"Now go and let him in, or someone might arrest him for 'disturbance of the peace'. Not to mention his pervert talk…"
"And that would be bad why? At last we would get rid of him!"
Grumbling and growling Bakura got downstairs to get rid of the nuisance as fast as possible.

"If he gets arrested, he would make the police officers suffer!
And they have already enough with your nightly activities; they don’t need a psycho like him to drive them nuts, too! They can't just go and shoot him, after all!" Ryou called after him, while Bakura disappeared downstairs.

"Come on, get lost, can't you go and bother Malik?!" the white-haired Yami snarled as soon as the door was open.
For a moment Bakura wondered how someone could be that cheery, at such an early hour!
That should be illegal.
Marik waved and beamed at him cheerfully:
"Hi, I'm the friendly Yami from next door! Do you have sugar for me?"
And with that he pushed pass a dumbstruck Bakura with a big bag over his shoulder and hopped towards the kitchen.
Bakura just starred out in the garden where Marik stood a few moments ago, before he turned around:
"Or you can come in and annoy the hell out off me!" The Thief King closed the door with a sigh and followed the other into the kitchen
So much for sleeping…

"Marik…"

For a moment Marik stopped his rummaging through the kitchen cupboards to shoot Bakura a questioning look.

The already wild hair was even spikier then usually and stuck out in every possible and impossible direction as if he just stuck his finger in an electric socket.
The dark, sharp eyes were half-lidded and sleepy, as if he wants to fall asleep standing there at the doorframe.
His dark blue pajama pants were low on his hips, and his feet bare on the cold floor.
Bakura's top was only half buttoned, and the wrong way, too. And it hung halfway from his shoulder, until the thief shoved it back with an annoyed growl.
All in all he looked like he just crawled out of his bed and wished to go back there.

Surprised Marik tilt his head to the side and blinked at him:
"I didn’t wake you up, did I? How can you sleep, you have to be awake and help me!
We have a lot to do, don’t you know what day we have?"

Bakura sat heavily down on a chair and hit his head on the table:"I don’t know and I don’t care! Just tell me what I have to do to make you go away…"

Marik patted Bakura's hair a little and then went back to his searching and rummaging.
"A little of this, a bit of that, and then this and that…
Yes, that makes tired Yamis perky…" he hummed happily and mixed everything.
Slowly but reluctantly Bakura woke up, too, as he suddenly heard the coffee machine.

"Are you insane, do you want to kill us all?! Take you hands away from that fucking thing before you blow it up! Ryou kills us if we destroy it again, he knows where I hide my weapons!"
Panicking Bakura jumped up from his seat to drag the other away, but it was already too late.
The machine was working and Marik pouted at him.
"But I can do this, I know what I do! I can make coffee, truly really!"

And surprisingly he seems to tell the truth!
There was no explosion or fire, everything seems to be…normal…

Bakura shuddered.
It was always creepy and scary whenever Marik was doing something normal without something going terrible wrong.
When there was no panic, no screaming people, and no fire department had to show up…

"Marik… Since when are you awake if you are already that hyper." Bakura asked, as Marik bounced around him to tug on his hair.
The blond Yami grinned broadly, and Bakura had a feeling he should know what day it was…
That they both had something planned for today…
But it is too freaking early to deal in the morning with an energetic Marik…

"I set my alarm clock to ring exactly one minute after midnight.
But Malik killed it by casting it out of the window after smashing it with his fist and cursing it to hell for making so much noise…
My poor, poor alarm…
All dead and gone…

And you really forgot about today, Bakura?
Today is Halloween and we can play pranks at everyone how don’t gives us sweets; we have to take advance of that!
They can't even chew us out for sticking to their rules and have fun with some mortals!
I already had breakfast, made a surprise for Ishizu and collected the stuff we need first!
I wanted to start early because we don’t have much time, only 24 hours, and here you are wasting precious time with sleeping!
You can do that tomorrow, damn it!
Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

Be the not-so-sane Yami began to shake the tomb robber and ignored his growling and snapping, before he took something out from his bag and put it in his mouth and munched happily.

Bakura was promptly wide-awake as he registered what the other just had said.
Of course, how could he forget, he marked that day in his calendar…- which he burned a few days previous, after it showed him the wrong day…
Oh well, that can happen…
Everyone makes a mistake from time to time…

"And where is your Hikari-Pretty? Malik don’t like to let you run around without anyone watching you. It may be better for our plans, but I hope you didn’t try to 'keep him safe' in a closet again. You know how much that tends to piss him off!…"

For a moment Marik froze and then turned around to face him with a nervous smile:
"Well, you know, my Hikari want to stay at home to calm his sister down.
She was a little angry as I left.
Sometimes she is a bit grumpy after waking up, and you know Malik, always being a good Hikari and trying to help…
Well, and I would only upset her, yes, that’s it, I upset her too much, that’s why I'm alone…

Because as soon as she sees me, she turns a really unhealthy red and begins to stutter und gasp for breath and then she says really un-nice things about me!
That she wants to strangle me, put me as a new mummy into her museum, and feed me to crocodiles.
Or that she wants to poison my food or suffocate me with a pillow when I sleep…"

'Just like always, nothing new…' Bakura thought with a snicker.
"What did you do this time?"
"Nothing serious, really!
I just put her bed as a little ship into the swimming pool.
While she was still sleeping in it…
And then she woke up and went swimming for a bit…."

Marik still wasn’t sure why she was angry with him, since today he was allowed to play pranks.
The rule said he had to ask first, but he doubts she would give him sugar, so he just carried on with his prank…
And it wasn’t that bad, just a little water…

Really no reason to kick him out in the middle of the night and without his Hikari!
"Make sure I don’t see you damn ass for the rest of the day, or I put it in the meat grinder and bath you in hungry ants before I feed you to stray dogs and make a fertilizer for my rose-beds out of the puny leftovers of you!"
Marik shuddered for a moment as he heard the young woman's voice and her treats still ringing in his ears.

It was rather hard to take her serious, as she stood there, soaked to the bone, her long hair plastered to her face and her nightgown sticking to her skin as she threw him out the front door.
'Maybe I shouldn’t let her see the chaos I made in the kitchen…' It definitely didn’t improve her mood…

But Marik wasn’t mad about that, since he had plans with Bakura for today.
Who would have thought that the slender woman could kick that hard…

As Bakura finally stopped laughing, there was a cup of something coffee-alike before him, and Marik sat with him at the table and had a similar cup as he kicked his feet back and for like a little child.

The thief sniffed carefully at the suspicious liquid. It smelled like coffee, but you could never be too sure with Marik…
"What is this?"
"Try it! It's my 'Special-Coffee'; you will be instantly awake after drinking it. I had already two today, and I'm still alive, so you don’t need to look like its going to jump and kill you."
"I'm awake since you touched the coffee machine!
And I refuse to touch that until I know exactly what it is!"

"Coffee, chocolate, nuts, cacao, cinnamon, vanilla sugar, sugar, milk, caramel-syrup and coconut-flakes!" (1) Marik told him proudly.
"Aha... That explains a lot…"
"Now try it, we have to prepare the sweets before we give them away!
I'm sure our first victim is longingly waiting for us, now drink up and then help me!"

He spilled the contents of his bag over the table and skipped around the table, unable to stay still for more then just a moment.
Cookies, chocolate, bonbons and lollys roll out of it, and Marik shoved more bonbons in his mouth.

For a moment he looked like a hamster with his cheeks puffed out like that, and Bakura shook his head. They will be lucky if there will be enough of them left to give away, since Marik can't keep his hands from them…
Sadly he was not quick enough to get away, and Marik pushed a handful of sweet stuff in his mouth.

"Hey!"
How mean!
Here he was a nice insane Yami and shared his sweets with the white-haired wacko, and what did he get as Thanks?
The stupid thief bites him!
"Who knew where your dirty fingers were before!? I could get ill from them, so keep them out of my mouth, or I get to keep them!" Bakura told him with a dark glare and harshly dragged him over to a chair.

"And how did you get Ishizu to let you take that bag with you in the first place?!
Normally she only trusts you as far as she can see you. If you are lucky, otherwise not even that far!"
"I was a really busy Yami already and was early at the shop and got everything we need. Ishizu would have never let me take it with me after kicking me out, so I went to the shop before I came to you!
But we have to ice everything to make it really sweet, because it is not sweet enough as it is!
There is not enough sugar in it, and we want him to taste the sugar in it!
They just don’t know how to make it right, so we have to improve them!"

"But how did you get them then?" Bakura asked amazed at the heap of sweets on the table. It was six in the morning, at most, and every shop is still closed!
"Well, I just went to the shop, knocked with this on the glass-door and then it was open…
So I walked in, took everything we need and then came to you.
And here I stood before you door, and waited and waited and then waited longer for at last 5, if not 6 full minutes, all alone out in the cold!
With only the bitter wind as company…
And just because a thief was so mean to me and tried to kill me and freeze me and make me death!"

Eagerly he nodded his blond spiky head as he showed his Millennium-Rod to show with what he 'knocked' at that door, while he whined about cruel thieves and heartless Hikaris who all try to murder him brutally.

The following two hours they were busy to improve Marik's prey with a mixture of sugar, powdered sugar and even more sugar.
They drank more of Marik's 'Special-Coffee' and nibbled eagerly on their new creations.
At first Bakura refused and pressed his lips firmly together, but Marik has always a problem to understand a 'No' if he hears it.
While the thief king tried to protest, and a giggling Marik just shoved one cookie after the other into his open mouth, while he himself ate also more then one of the sugar coated candies and cookies.

The whole time they where busy, Ryou never showed up, but that was no wonder after Bakura's 'effort' to tire him out the night before.
The smaller Hikari was glad that he could sleep a little longer, as long as he didn’t hear any explosions and fire alarms from his kitchen.

And so there was no one around to stop the plotting Yamis, as they left the house with a bag full of sugar to terrorize the helpless town…

TBC:

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(1) I drink my coffee often like that, but most of the time without the nuts and coconut-flakes. It's not bad, but you are wide away after that. Especially if you can't make a decent coffee, like me. It's often too strong and bitter

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~