Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of the Dragon Master ❯ Chapter Three: Pain, Conflicting Emotions, and Pleasure ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh! is owned by its creator, Kazuki Takahashi and it's respective anime companies. I'm borrowing the characters and ideas for a nonprofit fan fiction written solely for the enjoyment of myself, and hopefully others.

Author's Notes: I'm sorry, but I'm using the Dubbed names. I hate to say this, but they're easier to spell than the Original Japanese. I apologize for that. I have a mild case of dyslexia, and sometimes the complected spelling of Japanese names makes it hard to write, so instead of severely misspelling some of the Japanese names and pissing everyone off, I'll correctly spell the Anglo-ized versions. And Honda? I'm not calling a character Honda especially when his English-dubbed name is Tristan, which happens to be one of my favorite names. Still, I would love to see an uncut Dubbed version of this show. It's obvious that they've screwed it up (digitally editing out guns, people?), but yet it's still a good show. Besides, Joey does seem so American!

To Nate Grey, who got me watching the show in the first place.

Heart of the Dragon Master

Chapter Three: Pain, Conflicting Emotions, and Pleasure

By: Elf

"I kissed her," Kaiba stated as he moved his Rook across the checkered board.

Yami only smirked at that as he moved one of his pawns. They were playing chess today. Kaiba had consented because he wanted to talk to Yami, not Yugi. Besides, an ancient spirit had to know something about romance and have some advice to give. Then he realized that this was Yami he was talking about.

He realized that he'd be better off sparing with a Jeet-Kun-Do[1] master than getting advice from Yami.

Yami replied, "I see."

Kaiba glared as he moved his Rook again, taking one of the pawns. He palmed the palm while Yami's purple eyes watched him expectantly. Kaiba wasn't going to share anything else unless he was forced. He nodded in satisfaction of his decision as he leaned back in his chair.

Yami said, "Good move. Still, you always move to conquer."

"It's better to conquer than be stomped upon," Kaiba replied as Yami moved his Queen defensively.

Yami argued, "If you spend your whole life conquering then you won't realize the better things in life."

"Strange words from a spirit who spends his whole existence trying to win games," Kaiba snorted as he took another pawn with his Rook.

Yami chuckled and took the Rook with a pawn. Kaiba frowned thoughtfully and cursed his thoughtless movement. Yami replied, "No, I play for experience. I'm not as obsessed with power as you are, Kaiba."

"If you hold power then you don't get hurt," Kaiba growled as he took Yami's Knight in retaliation with one of his pawns.

Yami thoughtfully said, "You could believe that if you want to, Kaiba, but it's not true. Power is fleeting if it's not obtained by the heart."

"Sentimentality like that doesn't have room like that in my world," Kaiba replied as he moved his other Rook into play. He liked the Rook the best for some reason. Maybe the ordered pattern of its movements, he wasn't sure, but it was his favorite chessman, even though the Queen was more versatile.

Yami smirked and asked, "Then why were you able to stop your Dark Side from using your Blue Eyes against me?"

"I'm not going to deny the existence of The Heart of the Cards. It's real and it works, but I also like my methods as well," Kaiba explained sharply as he took Yugi's Rook.

Yugi smiled for a moment, becoming elfin and harmless once again. He asked, excitedly, "You kissed Serenity? What was that like?"

"Wonderful, exciting, dangerous and frightening," Kaiba answered before he realized what he had said.

Yugi gushed, "Wow. How did you kiss her?"

Good move, Yami, sending Yugi out to talk to me. It isn't going to work, Kaiba thought shrewdly as he moved his Queen.

Yami became ascendent once again and chuckled, "Good call Kaiba."

"Using Yugi to get me to talk, good tactics, Yami," Kaiba replied frostily as he looked at the chessboard. Still, that kiss was burned into his mind. He was possessed. He knew it. But Serenity looked so sweet, so wonderful and felt like love and comfort and happiness in his arms.

Kaiba whispered, "It isn't logical."

Yami truly smiled. It wasn't an arrogant Dueling smile or his Bluffing Smile either. He replied sagely, "Love rarely is logical, Kaiba."

Love? Kaiba thought wildly as his heart began to race again. Just like it did around Serenity. She rendered him, but yet she made him want to be human, to be a person.

Instead, he sneered, "Love isn't a part in my life, Yami."

"Then what of Mokuba?" Yami asked casually, watching his expressions.

Kaiba met his eyes and answered fiercely, "You know that's different."

"Yet it is still love. Just different," Yami replied wisely.

Kaiba sighed in frustration as Yami took a pawn, "But it's so damned confusing. It's frightening."

Yami smirked and said, "You're a refreshing change to my host, Kaiba, I'll give you that."

"What do you mean by that?" Kaiba snapped defensively, his hackles rising.

Yami chuckled darkly, a laugh that meant everything yet nothing at all. He answered, "I don't think I would betray my host by telling you that."

"Ah, Tea," Kaiba replied with knowing satisfaction. It was obvious. Poor Yugi blushed around her and his whole face lit up every time they looked at each other. Kaiba thought it was rather innocent, really.

Yami faded into a blushing Yugi. He sighed, "Is it that obvious?"

"Yes," Kaiba replied as Yugi took his last Rook. He frowned. They were pretty much approaching a stalemate. Kaiba hated stalemates.

Yugi looked down and answered, "I can't help the way I feel, just like you can't."

"Love is painful and dangerous. I don't have room for it in my life," Kaiba snapped as he moved his Knight, pinning Yugi's king and thus earning him a, "Checkmate."

Yugi argued, "You don't want it in your life. Admit it. You're afraid."

"I'm not afraid, Yugi. I just know it's impossible," Kaiba spat back so hard that Yugi flinched.

Yugi's wide, clear purple eyes looked wounded as he looked at Kaiba. Kaiba frowned when he noticed that the hurt look was turning into something akin to sympathy. Kaiba gripped his Knight and dared Yugi to say something, anything.

He was tired of Yugi's apologies, of everything. He was wrong. He couldn't live like this. It wasn't meant for him. He stood up without saying anything and swept out of the Turtle Shoppe.

******

"Hey, Seto, where's your girlfriend?"

Kaiba moved through the motions of his kata. He wished he had a sparring partner now. He felt that physical violence might help him move on or help him deal with his feelings.

Mokuba was sitting on the sawhorse in his personal gym, watching his brother move with a combination of brotherly awe and intense yearning. Mokuba swung his tiny legs out and asked again, "Where's your girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend," Kaiba grunted as he smoothly moved his arm in a pantomime of a reverse arm lock. He took a deep breath and did the same movement with his right hand then he straitened and moved into a crouch, keeping his breathing rhythm in perfect synch. He then stood back up and launched his body into the movements of a sweep and a palm block.

Mokuba's violet-grey eyes twinkled as he replied, "Then who's that pretty redhead that came over?"

"Wheeler's younger sister. I was teaching her how to Duel. She's learned all she can from me," Kaiba hissed as he increased his pace, throwing in roundhouse kicks and snap kicks for good measure. If he focused on this then he wouldn't think about Serenity.

Mokuba frowned and said, "I wanted to meet her. She seemed nice."

"She was nice. Too nice," Kaiba grunted as he silently added, Too nice for the likes of me.

Mokuba's frown transformed into a confused, bewildered look. He asked, "So she wasn't your girlfriend?"

"No," Kaiba hissed as he walked over to the punching bag and hit it. Hard. Hard enough that it stung. He looked down at the red flesh of his knuckles thoughtfully. The pain was real and something he was use to. He could handle pain. It would give him focus and clarity, not cloud his judgement like all of these feelings he had been having.

Mokuba asked, "Are you okay, Seto?"

No. I never was okay, he thought as he turned away from his brother's wide, innocent eyes. So different from the eyes that looked him dead in the face in the mirror. Eyes that were shadowed and jaded and wary of the world. If he had to, Kaiba would lock Mokuba away from the rest of the world just to keep that innocent, sweet look in his eyes. He had suffered so little Mokuba wouldn't have to.

Kaiba gave his brother a slight smile. He rubbed his sore hand and replied, "I hit the bag a little too hard, that's all."

"When can I start taking akeido[2] lessons?" Mokuba asked hopefully, smiling and swinging his legs.

Kaiba walked over to his little brother on the sawhorse and lifted Mokuba up. He smirked and asked, "Why would you need to take akeido?"

"So I can be strong, like you," Mokuba chuckled with unabashed adoration.

Kaiba felt a pang at the sure faith that Mokuba had in him. He hugged his little brother, taking comfort in his small form. He spun Mokuba's light form and his little brother laughed in delight as Kaiba set him down and tousled his long, raven hair.

Mokuba's dark face lit up as he looked up at him. The innocent, wide slightly slanted violet-grey eyes looked up at him with adoration. Kaiba bent down and smirked. He answered, "You're fine the way you are, Mokuba. You don't need to be any stronger." You won't have to fight the battles that I did.

Mokuba smiled proudly and chirped, "Thanks, Big Brother!" Kaiba smiled as he got a hug for his troubles as the young boy ran out of the gym. He stood there, lost in thought.

He didn't remember having that much energy as a child, that much hope. He was always alone. Everything that he had loved had disappeared.

He shivered for a moment. Afraid something like that would happen to Serenity. He thought momentarily about Pegasus and his lost love. Pegasus had almost toppled everything that Kaiba had worked for just to bring back his long, lost wife. He had risked almost every thing he had and had nothing to show for it.

Kaiba didn't want to set himself up for that sort of loss.

Or, at least that's what he told himself as he started to work on the punching bag, ignoring the fact that his knuckles were untapped and starting to crack and bleed.[3]

******

Joey sighed as Mai won this Duel. The voluptuous blond laughed as she put her cards away. She batted her violet eyes at him and said, "You can't win them all, Joey."

"I can't believe that you beat me like that," Joey groaned as he remembered that Mai had suddenly crushed him with her Harpy's Ladies, their Cyber Shields, and the Harpy's Dragon. He hadn't even gotten out his Baby Dragon, his Time Wizard, or even his Red Eyes. He hadn't had any time to regroup or anything. She had slaughtered him and smiled all the while.

Still, he was distracted. Ever since Serenity had came home from her lesson with Kaiba, she'd been acting weird. She was acting withdrawn and, if he didn't know his laughing, sweet sister better, brooding. She only talked when someone talked to her and Joey couldn't get her to laugh for the past week. He had only got a few sad smiles and he was starting to get worried.

Mai tapped her manicured fingers on their table and asked, "What's bothering you, Joey?"

"What makes you think that something's bothering me?" Joey replied sharply.

Mai smirked and answered, "Because I beat you without batting an eyelash, kid. Come on, fess up. I'm not normally this generous."

Joey smiled at her candor and then sighed. He answered, "It's Serenity."

"Somehow, I'm not surprised," Mai replied thoughtfully as she twisted a blond curl between her slender fingers. Joey some times wondered if she knew what she was doing drove him insane. Or that the white bodice was tight enough to show that she was cold. It was damned distracting.

Joey sighed and said, "I'm not stupid. Well, not too much. I've seen the group of babes that follow Kaiba at school and he doesn't care."

"Of course not. I think that the girl that catches Seto Kaiba's attention is probably going to be very sweet and very unusual. Or very ordinary one," Mai replied thoughtfully as she studied Joey.

"Well, she's been acting weird ever since Kaiba brought her home from their first and only lesson. Yugi's only seen him once in the past week other than school and he's been blowing Yugi off and she won't talk. She doesn't laugh and she only talks if you talk to her first. And that's not Serenity. She likes to talk and laugh and stuff. She's not a person to be quiet and stare into space, Mai," Joey confessed in a rush.

Mai toyed with her hair some more before crossing her long, shapely legs. She hummed thoughtfully for a moment as she continued to curl her hair around her fingers. She then straitened up and said, "Joey, it sounds like that your sister and Seto Kaiba are a bit confused about each other."

Joey's fists balled up in anger. He knew it. He just knew it; Kaiba was the reason why Serenity was acting like this. His anger began to go from a slow simmer to a rolling boil as he imagined the painful ways he was going to beat up Seto Kaiba. First I'll break his nose, ruining that pretty face of his, Joey thought sadistically, Then I'll black both of his eyes . . .

"Joey, beating the shit out of Kaiba isn't going to help you. Kaiba's power, and not just in Dueling. The boy's a genius. He's created holographic technology that makes the stuff at Capsule Corp. look like a child's plaything. One angry older brother isn't going to make him flinch," Mai warned, waving her finger at him disappointingly.

Joey smirked and replied, "Oh, I'm not going to beat up Kaiba. I'm going to kill him."

"Joey, shut up and listen to someone who obviously has much more experience in romance than you do," Mai snapped as she stopped twisting her hair around her fingers. She leaned closer to Joey and poked his nose. He felt his cheeks redden as he looked into her eyes.

She said, "I'm going to have a nice talk with your sister. I'll tell you if I find out anything and then you can go soothe your male ego by beating up Seto Kaiba."

Joey studied her beautiful, serious face. He asked hoarsely, "You'd do that for me?"

"Why not? I like to see lovers getting together. Besides, having Seto Kaiba and you in my debt sounds like fun!" she answered cheerfully with a wink.

Joey scowled and snapped, "Lovers? If he's touched her . . ."

"Come on, Joey, your testosterone is practically choking me," she chided as she stood up and walked out of the Dueling chamber, every male eye on her as she left. Joey got up, grabbed his deck, and ran after her.

******

The scratching of the pencil across the canvas was soothing. Serenity chewed softly on her lip as she finished up the last detail. She looked at the arrogantly handsome, brooding face before her and choked back a sob. She gently laid the canvas down on the floor and stood up and began to pace again.

Around the soft pink bedroom there were many paintings she had recently started and completed in the last week. All of them had the same thing in common though, Seto was the focus. There was Seto looking lost, Seto looking proud, Seto's blue eyes staring right at her with that shadowed, heated expression. Seto was standing in front of his Blue Eyes in one painting, looking very princely and arrogant.

She gently reached out and traced the features on the Dragon Master's face. She was still puzzled by his actions and his kiss. The moments played through her mind at every idle moment and they began to hurt. There had been no word at him at all and from what Joey told her his fan club of girls still flocked around him at school.

Serenity sighed as she chewed on her paint stained knuckles. They were stained with senna brown and ultramarine blue; the two colors she had used for Seto's eyes and hair. They tasted sharp and bitter, which complemented what she was feeling right now.

When they were together, it was electric. She sensed that he was in a lot of pain and tried to break through. She had thought that she had succeeded when he kissed her. Her cheeks flushed with the memory of his soft, unsure lips on hers. He seemed more nervous than she had been, so gentle and caring.

She did let out a sob now. Her dad was working his second job and Joey was out with a friend. She could cry without their prying eyes and concerns. Her shoulders shivered as she began to sob.

She was crying so hard that she didn't even hear the door open and close.

"Angel, no man is worth that," a cocky, husky female voice said.

Serenity wiped the tears from her eyes to look at the lovely young woman leaning against her wall. She was tall and curvy with long, curly blond hair and huge violet eyes. She was wearing a violet miniskirt, a tight, low-cut white bodice and a matching violet jacket was thrown over a shoulder. She looked at Serenity with those knowing eyes and smiled.

"Sweetie, no man is worth getting all worked up like that," she said again as she pushed herself off of the wall.

Serenity tried to compose herself against this confidant, beautiful woman. She asked, "What makes you think I'm crying about a guy?"

"Sweetie, you're so hung over Seto Kaiba that it isn't funny," she replied indulgently as she flicked her hands over all of the paintings. She picked one of the Brooding Ones up and asked rethoricaly, "And if you're going to paint a hottie like Kaiba then why don't paint him looking like a side of beefcake?"

Serenity asked, "Who are you?"

"Mai Valentine. I'm a friend of your brother's, the idiot that he is," Mai answered with a wink and a big smile.

Serenity blinked and thought, This woman's Joey's Mai? Her? I've seen hentai anime characters with more clothing on than she's wearing! This is the Mai that Joey runs off to Duel with every night? I wasn't expecting someone so . . . Slutty.

Mai smirked and wagged her finger at Serenity. She chided, "I guess you weren't expecting someone like me, where you, kid? Still, I'm wondering how a pretty little thing like you could have a lug like Joey as a brother."

"Hey, Joey's not ugly," Serenity replied defensively, prickling up.

Mai chuckled and said, "No, he's adorable, but he's still a guy. And all males are idiots, dear."

"What makes you say that?" Serenity asked, a bit confused.

Mai sighed and gracefully sunk down on Serenity's bed. She answered, "It's the way that the world works, angel. Men are idiots and women are saints for putting up with them. Like your Kaiba for example. He's got this beautiful, talented little thing crying in her bedroom and he's pushing her away because he's afraid to see her hurt, even though she's bawling those pretty green eyes out."

Serenity stared at Mai in disbelief as she continued, "Then there's your brother. I don't want to get started there because I don't have all night. Let's just say that all men are clueless idiots. They don't know anything unless you spell it out for them." Mai flashed the victory sign at Serenity as she stood up from the bed.

Mai asked, "So, kid, what's bothering you?"

"Seto," Serenity sighed as she looked at her paint stained hands.

Mai looked around the room and sarcastically replied, "I had a feeling it was Kaiba-boy."

Serenity did smile at that. She realized she really hadn't smiled for days. She gave Joey a few false smiles so that he'd leave her alone, but she was truly smiling now. She could see why Joey liked this curvy, blond confidant woman. She was starting to grow on Serenity as well.

Mai clapped her hands together and asked, "So, what's bugging you, angel?"

"He kissed me," Serenity admitted with a blush.

Mai's eyes widened as she knelt in front of Serenity. She asked, "Seto I-Wouldn't-Know-What-To-Do-With-A-Girl Kaiba kissed you?" Serenity nodded and Mai whistled as she stood back up. She said, "Congratulations. Now, this is really important and I'm going to seem really forward, but how did he kiss you?"

Serenity felt her cheeks burning as she managed, "I almost tripped going up the stares and Seto caught me . . . We were looking in each other's eyes and he kissed me."

"Oh, not even trying to be romantic and the boy lands it. Joey should take notes from him," Mai mused. She turned to look at Serenity with those keen violet eyes and asked, "But how did he kiss you? That's the important part."

Serenity sighed as she remembered the soft caress of his lips. She answered, "Really gently. Like he was afraid to hurt me or something. It was . . . wonderful. Then he seemed afraid and practically ran away."

Mai nodded thoughtfully before whirling back on Serenity. Serenity blinked as Mai's violet eyes bared into hers. Mai smiled and stated, "The boy's got it bad for you, angel, and I mean bad. But Kaiba's no angel himself."

"I know," Serenity whispered.

Mai continued, "No, you really don't. He pushed his legal guardian out of the twentieth story window at Kaiba Corp."

"Oh my . . ." Serenity gasped in shock.

Mai sighed and explained, "I've met Gozaburo Kaiba before and he deserved it. He abused Seto pretty badly from what I've heard. And Seto took it to protect Mokuba. That's the reason why Kaiba's so obsessed with power and control and protecting Mokuba. Gozaburo twisted him and turned him for his own enjoyment. I would have tortured the fucker personally, but Kaiba's a bit neater than I am."

Seto, Serenity thought, her heart aching. Her fists clinched in fury for a dead man. She wished Gozaburo Kaiba was here so she could kill him herself.

Mai said, "He's probably afraid to get close because almost everything he's loved has been taken away from him, viciously. Or he's afraid that you won't love him for who he is or some garbage like that. Still, Seto Kaiba is a man and men are idiots. You might have to explain this to him, angel." She began to walk out of her room.

Serenity called out, "How would I do that?"

"I'd walk right into his house and call him a fool," Mai answered as she shut the door.

Serenity looked at the dozens of paintings and sketches of the various expressions of Setos. She brooded as she studied each one, committing it to memory. She sighed as she sank to her bed, a bit confused on what she was going to do with the information that she had.

******

Men are idiots, Mai thought as she closed the little artist's room behind her. She knew that she'd given Joey's sister a lot to think about and hopefully the kid would know what to do with this newly acquired information. Unless she was as clueless as her brother when it came to romance.

Speaking of my clueless idiot, Mai thought fondly as Joey looked at her with his honest, puppy dog brown eyes. She crossed her arms and faced him. He walked over to her, looking very worried and therefore very adorable.

He asked, "What's wrong?"

"Kaiba's a male," Mai answered cryptically as Joey blinked in confusion.

Joey asked, "What does that mean?"

She wanted to tweak his nose or do something that would annoy him. He was too cute when he was annoyed she mused as she studied his tanned features and dark blond hair. Still, the worry in his eyes kept her from doing that.

She answered, "He kissed her and ran away. He's probably more confused than your little sister is."

Joey's eyes sparked as he formed a fist. He swore, "I'll kill the bastard!"

"Easy there, Joey," Mai chided as she lowered his fist. Joey blinked twice as he looked at her with that confused, lustful look that she had been getting to know. She moved closer and smirked at him.

Men really were clueless, especially this puppy.

She explained, "Despite of all of Kaiba's faults, I think he might actually care for Serenity."

"He'd better not, I'll pound that pretty face in," Joey warned.

Mai smiled at him and moved even closer. He flushed bright red as she winked at him. She said, "You're an idiot."

"Hey," he cried defensively.

Mai chuckled as she leaned over and kissed him, sufficiently silencing him for quite a while and pleasantly surprising her with his response. Maybe not so clueless . . .

******

Kaiba was having a hard time staying awake in class. It was always boring to him, but it was worse today. He usually had a book to read when the teacher started drowning on and on, but not even Lord of the Rings[4] could keep his attention. He usually read books before he began reading them to his brother at night to see if there was anything that would disturb Mokuba or give him nightmares.

So far they'd read the first three Harry Potter books, reading Prisoner of Azkaban twice, because both of them enjoyed it so much, and now Kaiba was trying to find something else to read to Mokuba at night. He had already read The Hobbit and deemed it worthy, except for when Smog was killed, but that was just Kaiba's natural basis toward dragons that upset him, not any real violent content. Still, Fellowship of the Ring was a different story. He was afraid that the Ring Wraiths would give Mokuba nightmares.

Despite the exciting flavor of the story, he could barely keep awake. He had been working on the Holographic Space Mapping Project with Capsule Corp. as well as a couple Kaiba Corp. only projects. He'd been staying up late at night making sure that his homework was done and to brood about Serenity.

None of the hard work nor physical training he had also been inflicting on himself could cleanse her from his mind. He'd find himself thinking about her while making calibrations with Dr. Briefs, or while reading to Mokuba, or while trying to stay awake in class. The book fell to the desk and he followed it, curling his arms under his head.

He sighed as he looked out the window. He wondered what Serenity was doing in class right now. He wondered if she couldn't get him out of her head. He wondered if she was thinking about him right now, like he was imagining that long, red hair and those large emerald green eyes.

The lunch bell rang and he gathered up his books. He headed toward the cafeteria and flinched at the smell of whatever they were cooking today. His stomach twisted as he walked through the line, only buying a rice ball, a cup of something that looked like mutated chocolate pudding, and a bottle of apple juice. He walked to the back of the cafeteria to the smallest table and began to slowly eat the rice ball while he read his book.

Gandalf, Legolas, and Strider were about to battle some orcs when someone slammed their hands into the table. Kaiba looked up from his book into the familiar brown eyes of Joey Wheeler. Joey glared as he pushed down at the table.

Kaiba went back to reading his book.

Joey snatched the book out of his hands and slammed it down on the table. Kaiba looked up at him and frowned. Did the idiot want to pick another fight with him?

Kaiba sighed, "What is it, Wheeler?"

"You hurt my sister, Kaiba. I don't see too kindly to that," Joey sneered at him, reaching out and grabbing the lapels of his blue duster.

Kaiba looked down at the blond's hands then back up to his eyes. He made no move to defend himself or waver the attack. Actually, he calculated seven ways to get Joey off of him, but he thought he deserved this. Or at least Joey deserved an explanation.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Bakura, Tea, Tristan, and Yugi rushing over to them. Yugi demanded, "Joey, what are you doing?"

"It's all right, Yugi. The dog deserves an explanation," Kaiba hissed coldly as he saw the flash of anger in Joey's brown eyes. He hoped that Joey would hit him for some strange reason. He thought he deserved it, but leaving Serenity was for her own good, despite what his heart yearned for.

Joey growled and Kaiba gave him his most chilling smile. He asked, "Must you growl like a dog too?"

"Bastard!" Joey shouted as the fist connected.

It sent Kaiba's senses reeling. He was aware of the room spinning for a moment and his vision blurring. He blinked as he regained his composure.

Kaiba asked, "Do you feel any better, Joey?"

"You hurt my baby sister. I wanna know why," Joey replied, jerking Kaiba's jacket up, therefore putting their face at inches apart.

Kaiba grabbed Joey's wrists, got his footing, and spun his arms around and moved to the right. The motion brought him up and now Joey was lying on the table. Tea shouted, "Stop, now, both of you!"

"Joey!" Tristan shouted as he started to run over to his fallen friend.

Kaiba's glare sent the dark-haired boy stopping in his tracks. Yugi stood there, clinching his fists as anger stiffened his elfin features. Kaiba sneered, "Serenity would only hurt herself by being around me, and I don't want to see her hurt. I've lost too much and I'm not risking anything. Anything to the Hell that Mokuba and I went through. I would never put her through that. Never."

He withdrew and let Joey go. He felt the fine tremor in his arms as he realized that he was shaking. He reached over and grabbed his things. He gave Joey one last look as he exited the lunchroom.

As soon as he had left the prying eyes he rushed into the restroom. He was shaking and not from adrenaline. His whole body was cold. It was a cold that cut down to the core of his very being.

He turned on the hot water and splashed his face. The blue eyes that looked back in the mirror were not the ones that he where use to. They were wide, startled and very young looking. He realized he looked vulnerable, and not like Seto Kaiba. He gripped the sink to keep his hands from shaking as he asked, "What's wrong with me?"

"I'd say that you were in love," Yami's velvet dark voice said from behind him.

Kaiba saw the ancient spirit's manifestation in the mirror and frowned. He was taller than Yugi and held himself proudly. His raven hair was struck with golden lighting stripes and his garnet colored eyes were narrowed and intense. The Puzzle swung freely from his neck as he smirked at Kaiba.

Kaiba shook the water droplets off of his face as he turned on the ancient spirit. He sneered, "You."

"Yes, me, Seto," Yami replied as he crossed his arms.

Kaiba shouted, "It was so easy before you came along! What the hell did you do to me?"

"I brought out the part of yourself that you thought you had killed, Seto. The part of you that's a good person who loves his little brother beyond reason, who has the capability to love others just as much. The person who spent all night talking to a young boy and playing games with him to feel friendship. You just hadn't realized it. The part that allows you to call upon those Dragons when you are in danger, Priest," Yami answered as he watched Kaiba with those unfathomable garnet eyes.

Kaiba glared and snapped, "You have no idea what my life was like!" An unbidden image of Gozaburo Kaiba entered his mind, of heavy fists that beat on soft, young skin. Beatings that he finally got tired of and fought back, using Gozaburo's teachings against him. Then there was Pegasus who stole his soul and locked him in that cold, dark, sensory less Hell. The cold chilled him to the very marrow of his bones while he heard the laughter of the madman as he was locked away.

"You wouldn't understand!" Kaiba shouted as he slammed his fist into the thing nearest to him. He felt his hand go through the glass and shatter it. He felt the cuts and the warm blood welling up out of his hand from the broken mirror. He felt the sharp, shards in his flesh as he looked at his hand.

He looked up at Yami helplessly and asked, "Why did you do this to me? Why did you take away my darkness? It was easier to live with it."

"You're afraid to live, Priest. You have lifetimes of darkness to fight, but you, Seto Kaiba, are wholly good. Until you realize that, I cannot help you," Yami answered as he began to turn away.

Kaiba lowered his bleeding hand and called out, "I don't know how to feel, to live, Yami."

"Well, the first thing you need to do is admit your feelings for someone," Yami advised with a smirk, his purple eyes widening as his face turned more elfin and Yugi stood there.

Yugi blinked and cried out, "Kaiba, your hand!"

Kaiba looked at the cuts and scrapes. He figured that none of them were deep enough to need stiches. He flexed his hand and took a sharp intake of breath with the pain. Yugi rushed over and turned on the water. He grabbed a wad of paper towels and wet them. He gently began to clean the wound, picking out shards of glass as he came across them.

Clever spirit, Kaiba thought as he watched as Yugi tried to take care of his hand. Yugi went on, "Maybe we should get you to see the nurse or something . . . You might need stitches, Kaiba. It looks pretty bad."

"How do you do it?" Kaiba asked in wonder as Yugi blotted off blood from a deep cut.

Yugi answered, "Well, I wet the paper towel and gently pat it. I didn't know you didn't know about first aid, Kaiba." Yugi smiled brightly with his innocent trust and friendship.

Kaiba remembered that Yugi was picked on because he was so small, so innocent. He felt a flash of anger at those bullies. Bullies just like the ones that had picked on Mokuba. Yami was right, but Kaiba didn't know what to do with the knowledge.

Instead, he asked, "No, how can you be so good after all I've done to you?"

"Because I like to think I can help," Yugi answered cheerfully as he gently wrapped his hand with fresh paper toweling, "Because someone needs to be your friend, and I'd like that."

Kaiba sighed, "I don't think I'm worthy . . ."

"Of course you are. Look at you and Mokuba. You'd do anything for him," Yugi pointed out with a smile. Yugi grinned impishly for a moment before he added, "Besides, you're the only master Duelist who's not after my Puzzle."

Kaiba smirked for a moment as he flexed his injured hand. He flinched at the pain and noted the crimson spread across the brown paper towel. He knew it would slow down his typing and he was going to work with Dr. Briefs again tonight. He asked, "Where's the nurse at?"

"I'll take you there," Yugi brightly replied as he walked beside Kaiba down the halls.

******

Serenity had felt the Kaiba Mansion was imposing when she had Seto at her side, now, alone, it was down right terrifying. There were huge, iron gates blocking the entrance and cameras pivoted and searched the grounds for intruders. She licked her lips as she looked at it. Her heart pounded as she noted that Seto's limo wasn't there.

He's not home so maybe I should go back, she thought as she looked up at the imposing, yet coldly beautiful building. She strengthened her resolve as she looked up again. She would wait for Seto until he came home and then . . .

Serenity sighed. She hadn't figured out that part of her plan yet. Maybe she would sing for him or something, or better yet, draw him a picture of a huge Blue Eyes White Dragon eating the Dark Magician just to make him smile. She chuckled as an image of a chibi Dark Magician fleeing in terror from a huge Blue Eyes came to mind while the Magician screamed, "Nooo, don't eat me!" and the Blue Eyes taunted, "You will taste good with catsup!"

"Hi there," a young male voice chirped behind her.

Serenity spun around to see a small, sprite like little boy looking up huge, grey-violet eyes. He had long, thick, unruly black hair that hung to the middle of his back; hair that most girls that Serenity knew would kill for. He was femininely pretty and had a sweet smile on his naturally dark features. She knew that she was looking at Mokuba, Seto's cherished little brother.

She smiled as she knelt down at the little boy's eye level. She replied, "Hello, I'm Serenity." The little boy was so adorable. She resisted the urge to pick him up and cuddle him. Instead, she held out her hand for him to shake.

His grip was surprisingly firm as he shook her hand. He sent her a toothy grin and asked, "Are you Seto's girlfriend?"

Serenity found herself blushing at Mokuba's forwardness. She managed, "I'm not sure. I'd like to be."

"Because you're really pretty. I can see why Big Brother would like you," Mokuba replied as he studied her face, "And Seto says that you're really nice too."

She smiled at that and asked, "Really?"

"Yeah. He gets this strange look on his face when he talked about you," Mokuba answered with his impish smile.

She chuckled as she asked, "Is Seto here?"

"Naw, but you can wait for him if you'd like!" he suggested as he took her hand, "Come on, I'll take you in."

Serenity laughed as he rushed up to the control console. He pressed a few buttons and a pretty young woman with long black hair piled in an artful bun and dark purple eyes came on the screen. She smiled when she saw Mokuba and then she turned her eyes on Serenity. Her eyes widened in surprise as a pleased smile flashed across her features.

The woman said, "Hello Mokuba."

"Hey, Rei, let us in," Mokuba commanded with the same proud arrogance of his older brother. Serenity found herself smiling as she wondered if this was what Seto was like when his parents were still alive. She imagined this cute little boy with big blue eyes and brown hair that fell in his face that smiled shyly at someone he loved. Her heart twisted at the image as she gently squeezed Mokuba's hand.

Rei smirked and said with mock seriousness, "Of course, Mr. Kaiba. I'll let you and your young lady friend in right away."

"Thank you, Miss Tornashiba," Mokuba replied in a proud, grown up voice. Serenity stifled a giggle and noticed that Rei did the same. The gates swung open and Mokuba laughed as he began to run through them.

Rei called out, "I hope you don't forget me, Mokuba, especially with your pretty friend!"

Mokuba's cheeks turned bright red as he took one last look at the screen. He managed, "I'd never forget you, Rei. Ever." Rei smiled, obviously pleased as the screen went dark.

Mokuba explained, "Rei's Seto's newest secretary. She watches me sometimes while he's working. She's really nice." The blush on his cheeks told Serenity the whole story.

She smiled and said, "She seems really nice, Mokuba."

Still bushing, he giggled as he lead her up to the house's back entrance. They made their way through the kitchens and through three hidden corridors before they found themselves in Seto's study. Serenity sighed as she looked at all of the books, a good section of them were fantasy titles she noticed that had been obviously read with care. Still, the room was lifeless, just a common library filled with books and a few windows. There was nothing about Seto here except his desk and computer. His desk did have a miniature sculpture of a Blue Eyes White Dragon on it.

Mokuba slung his back pack to the large table in the middle of the room. He looked up at her in way of explanation, "I've got homework."

"Maybe I can help," she suggested as she sat beside him. He began pulling out his books, notebooks, papers, and some mechanical pencils.

He gave her another one of his cheerful grins as he replied, "It isn't going to take me long. Just keep me company while you wait for my big brother." His eyes shone with adoration as he said the words, "big brother", just like the adoration that Seto had when he looked at little Mokuba.

She smiled as he flipped through his algebra book until he found his marked page and began solving problems. Even though they looked nothing alike, Mokuba was small and dark while Seto was tall, broad, and blue-eyed, they had a lot of the same mannerisms. And Mokuba seemed to have that marked intelligence that Seto had as well.

She picked up one of the mechanical pencils and a loose leaf sheet of paper. She put the pencil to the paper and smiled as she began to sketch. She asked, "What would you like me to draw?"

He had finished his math and was putting it up when she had asked that question. He looked up at her and said, "Don't tell my brother, but I like wizards. He really likes dragons, but I like wizards."

"What sort of a wizard do you want me to draw?" Serenity asked as she studied Seto's little brother.

Mokuba thought for a moment. He chewed on his lip and scratched his head. He asked, "Have you ever read any of the Harry Potter books?"

She shook her head and replied, "No, but I did listen to the tapes of Lord of the Rings while I was . . ." In the hospital while Joey was raising money for my operation. When my sight started to really go. She shivered at the thought.

Mokuba peered at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I almost lost my sight not too long ago. I've got it back now and . . ." she stopped, shrugging helplessly.

Mokuba, with wisdom beyond his years, scrambled from his chair and found his way to her lap. She hugged the boy, who she sensed needed comfort as well. He explained in a light, fearful voice, "When Pegasus stole my soul I was in a dark place. There was no sound, no light, no anything. I was so afraid. It was so scary. I kept waiting for Seto to save me and he couldn't." Tears welled up in his huge eyes and she rocked him softly.

"Yugi did, didn't he?" Serenity asked softly and Mokuba nodded. Serenity smoothed his hair from his face and said, "Joey couldn't save me either. Yugi did too, but he couldn't do it without our brothers."

Mokuba sniffled back his tears and hugged her. He said, "You're really nice and you smell good. I'd be glad if you were Seto's girlfriend."

Serenity laughed as she gently wiped Mokuba's face off. She said, "I'd like to be Seto's girlfriend too."

"Sometimes my brother can act mean, but he isn't. He's really nice and kind even if he doesn't show it all the time. He's my best friend," Mokuba confessed to her.

She tightened her arms around him and replied, "I know. I can see that, but he just won't let me in."

"Don't give up," Mokuba advised as he snuggled into her shoulder.

She smiled and replied, "I won't." She straitened the paper and took hold of the pencil. She shifted Mokuba's light weight on her lap so she could reach the paper and so he could see what she was drawing. She grinned and asked, "Now, we were talking about wizards. Do you know about Gandalf the Grey?"

"Sure, he helped Bilbo in The Hobbit against Smog the dragon! Seto got mad when Smog was killed, but I thought it was cool," Mokuba replied eagerly as he inched down toward the empty sheet of paper.

Serenity chuckled and said, "Well, I'll draw Gandalf then."

They lost track of time, but Serenity had sketched Gandalf, the Balrog, and two of the Harry Potter characters per Mokuba's descriptions. She looked at the clock on the wall and frowned. It was almost ten and Mokuba was starting to get sleepy. He kept yawning and rubbing his eyes as she drew the Celtic Guardian for him. She suggested, "Maybe you should go to bed."

"I will when Seto gets home," the younger boy replied.

At that moment, the huge double doors swung open and Seto Kaiba walked into the library. His normal, purpose filled stride was weary and his broad shoulders were slumped. His brown hair fell in his face and she noted how tired his blue eyes looked. And that the fact that his left hand was covered in white bandages.

Seto looked at her and his eyes widened in shock as he froze.

******

Kaiba was exhausted. The wear and tear of the day had finally gotten to him. His back and shoulders ached and his hand stung with sharp pains every time he moved it. All he wanted to do was tuck Mokuba into bed and go to sleep himself, but pondering his feelings about Serenity had come about.

He made it into his library and was stopped when he saw Serenity with Mokuba sitting in her lap. He realized the perfect picture that they made. Serenity had her arms wrapped securely around Mokuba's small body and he was resting against her shoulder. Her bright red hair contrasted with his raven hair. His heart caught in his throat as he saw the two people he cared about most in this world sitting together like that.

Mokuba climbed out of Serenity's arms and rushed toward him, crying, "Big Brother!"

His arms wrapped around his waist and Kaiba hugged him back. Mokuba looked up and whispered, "I like her." Then he detached himself as quickly as he had got there. He cheerfully waved and chirped, "I'm sleepy, Seto. I'll see you tomorrow." With that, he rushed out of the library, slamming the double doors behind him.

Thus, leaving him alone with Serenity.

She stood up, pushed her red hair from her face and looked at him with her emerald green eyes. She looked lovely standing there with the moonlight filtering through the French doors behind her. Kaiba stared at her as she walked over to him and offered him a sweet smile.

It was a smile that took his breath away.

He managed, "How did you get in here?"

"Your little brother let me in," Serenity answered, "Sweet boy."

Kaiba smiled and replied, "I know."

"He's a lot like his brother," Serenity mused as she looked around at the library, her eyes focusing on his collection of fantasy novels. She turned back to him and sighed.

Kaiba asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you again," she answered truthfully, her fingers picking at her pink sweater innocently.

He asked, "Why?"

"Because I did. Because I care about you and . . ." she studied him and said, "You look exhausted."

He shrugged, but she ushered him to his desk, her hands lightly touching him. He was exhausted but his mind was racing. As was his heart. He looked up at her and she frowned at his hand.

She gently touched the bandages and asked, "What happened?"

"I punched a mirror at school," he answered simply as he looked up at her.

She frowned and gently placed her hands on his shoulders. His body tingled at the touch and he looked up at her, helpless as a maiden in the clutches of a dragon. Or a dragon in the clutches of it's tamer. She leaned down and whispered in his ear, "Relax, Seto."

He was about to argue when her sure hands started gently rubbing his shoulders. He sighed as she worked around his neck. It was as if she knew where to touch him to relax him. It was maddening, letting her touch him while he sat idly.

He asked, "Why did you come back?"

"Because I wanted to," she answered truthfully in his ear, sending shivers up his spine. She was in control now and he wasn't sure if he liked it or hated it. He looked up into those sparkling eyes with wonder.

She was wondrous. Everything he wasn't. Gentle, sweet, creative. She made him want to be a better man. He realized that Yami was right. He had fallen for her in such a short time. He reached up and took her hand.

Serenity's eyes widened and he heard her sharp intake of breath. He was nervous as hell and knew it. He gently caressed the slender bones in her wrist and gently massaged each finger. He smirked up at her as carbon rubbed off of her fingers onto his.

"I'm glad you did," he whispered as he stood up and faced her in one smooth motion.

Her eyes were wide as she asked, "Now what?"

"I'm not sure," he replied with a wiry chuckle. He reached out and brushed her hair from her eyes. He fingered it, enjoying the silky feel of it on his finger tips and marveling at the color.

She reached out and brushed his hair from his eyes. Her long, slender fingers traced his features, sliding over his nose, tracing his cheek and lightly caressing his lips. He closed his eyes and stifled a groan at her explorations. He felt her other hand grasp his cheek and hold him helpless in her grasp.

"Despite all the times I tried to copy it, I couldn't get the perfection of the original down," Serenity's sweet, melodic voice mused.

He opened his eyes only to find him staring up at him, standing on point. Kaiba looked at her flushed cheeks and her sparkling, green eyes and gently cupped her cheek. "Serenity . . ." he moaned as he wrapped his other arm around her waist, bringing her closer.

He wasn't sure who moved first or if they moved at the same time, but their lips brushed. He closed his eyes and inhaled her as she wrapped an arm around his neck while her other hand ran through his hair. Her lips were on his, soft, hot and unsure.

The first kiss had been sweet, but this one was filled with fire, but it was just as unsure. Both participants really had no idea what they were doing and Kaiba was afraid to hurt her. He experimented with gentle pressure and soft caresses and that seemed to be doing just well, to tell the truth.

Until she gently flicked her tongue across his mouth.

That one small movement was his undoing. The part of him that conquered to be the best, to strive and succeed was pushed to the surface and mingled with his need. He took control of the kiss and lost control.

It was hot, passionate, and intense. He was holding her as close as he could without them becoming one. Her hands clutched at his hair and neck, trying to draw him even closer. Her body was soft, warm and pliant against his and she smelled like vanilla.

The need for air broke them apart and he smiled down at her as he caught his breath. The smile was filled with satisfaction and wolfish hunger. He took pleasure at the sight of her swollen lips and flushed cheeks.

He drew her into his arms and held her, taking joy in her soft, comforting form. Her hands rubbed small circles on his back as she caught her breath as well. "Wow," Serenity breathed, "Maybe you are a dragon . . ."

Kaiba took one of her carbon smudged hands and kissed it. He held it as if it was a prized treasure. Indeed, to him, it was. He looked down at her and replied, "And you've caught me."

"Good, because you still really haven't taught me to Duel yet," Serenity replied teasingly as she tapped his nose.

He laughed as he cleared his desk off with, lifted her up, and laid himself on the desk in one swift motion. He combed his fingers through her long, lovely hair with a smile, not knowing if he had ever felt this good and elated in his life. He looked up into Serenity's glistening, green eyes as he helped settle her on top of him.

She said, "You have a really nice smile."

"I do?" he asked, blinking in bewilderment as she rubbed her nose against his.

She giggled and gently brushed his hair from his face. As she bent down and kissed him again, his soul soared with happiness. He felt wonderful and alive, and it was all because of the Maiden in his arms.

The Maiden that tamed the Dragon Master . . .

To Be Continued!

[1] Jeet-Kun-Do- This is the form of martial arts that Bruce Lee created. It's formless and considered by many to be the perfect martial art. It's based on several different styles as well as Bruce's own twists and views added to it. If I'm remembering correctly, it is the only martial arts that doesn't have a true form.

[2] Akeido is a Japanese form of martial arts. It is more holds, throws and blocks than kicks. Combine Judo and Karate and you're half way there. The reason why I had Seto be a student of akeido is because of one of his exchanges with Joey. In the episode that he an Joey Duel, testing out Seto's new Dueling technology, Joey grabs a hold of him. Seto says to him, "Nice grip, but let me show you mine." Then Seto uses a combination of a reverse arm lock and a sweep to send Joey sprawling. That is perfect akeido right there. I've had that same combination used on me before and knew what I was looking at when I saw it. I'd think that Seto strives for perfection in anything he does from Dueling, computers, and it would make sense if he was physically perfect as well. It's not that far of a stretch for him to be a martial artist, especially after that episode where flips poor Joey like that.

[3] After prolonged blows like that with uncovered hands, even on a surface such as a punching bag, your knuckles will scrape and bleed. It might take a while and the harder you punch the quicker you injure your hands. That's why martial artiest are always seen with their hands taped or they're wearing boxing gloves.

[4] Seto's favorite card is the Blue Eyes White Dragon. He also seemed to like the Red Eyes, even though his dragon could kick it's ass. I'd have a feeling that, secretly, he really likes dragons, hence the fantasy reading. Besides, he and Mokuba are intelligent enough to truly appreciate Harry Potter.

I would love to have fan art, just of Serenity and Seto together. Even though I'd love to have a pic of the Dark Magician VS Blue Eyes that Serenity was thinking about. I love the Dark Magician, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite cards, like the Celtic Guardian (he reminds me of Legolas from LOTR, yum), and I'm not sure who's cooler, him or the Blue Eyes. Still, this is a Kaiba centric fic though and it would amuse him . . .

As for Serenity being an artist . . . Well, we really know very little about her except she's sweet, was going blind, and is Joey's little sister. Oh, and she ends up Kaiba's girlfriend somehow . . . Anyway, I was thinking if she was an artist her losing her eyesight would be more devistating to her. Plus, it serves as an intresting contrast to Seto in his logic locked world, despite his love of dragons.

Elf: Woah, this is really weird for me.

Duo: Yeah, why the hell am I not in this fanfic?

Elf: Because it's not a crossover?

Duo: But I'm always in all of your fanfics, unless it's those DBZ character pieces that you use to write when Miari Trunks use to be on the show. It just seems weird not to be in one of your fics, Elf.

Elf: Well . . . Umm . . .

(Kaiba walks in, his blue coat swinging behind him.)

Kaiba: Gundam Wing is over. It's been over for a long time, even all the related mangas have been released. It's over, Duo Maxwell, and Yu-Gi-Oh! has just only begun.

Elf: Hi Kaiba!

Duo: But this isn't like you! There's been no exstensive violence, no one's died, and there's been no vampires!

Elf: Well . . . Duo . . . ummm.

Duo: It's an angsty romance fic! You never write angsty, romance fics for goodness sake! You write dark fantasy crossovers with me as the God of Death, literaly and I always fall for Hotaru Tomoe and . . .

Kaiba: You're reign has ended. She's found another character.

Duo: Shut up, pal.

Kaiba: It has. Her writing will change now, especialy as me serving as her new Muse.

Duo: WHAT THE HELL! I'M HER BLOODY MUSE! I'M HER AVATAR, HER FAVORITE CHARACTER!

Kaiba: You still have your uses, I'll give you that much, but I am a far superior character than you.

Duo: What the bloody hell . . . and why can't I curse?

Elf: I think the worst word uttered in this story was bastard and asshole.

Duo: What happened to what the fuck. (Nods in satisfaction) There, that's better. Mai called that G-dude a fucker.

Kaiba: Use of profanity is a sign of an inferior mind.

Duo: Hey, listen here you little Heero clone . . . Elf, they have the same voice.

Elf: Seto Kaiba and Heero Yuy both had the same Japanese voice actor, and Kaiba's dubbed voice, which is quite nice by the way as is Yami and Yugi's, sounds a lot like Heero's dubbed voice too.

Duo: But you like me better than Heero!

Kaiba: That may be true, but I have qualities of all of her favorite anime characters, except you, thankfuly.

Duo: Do you really wanna meet the God of Death?

Kaiba: I'll introduce him to my Blue Eyes. Anyway, as I was saying, I am the perfect anti-hero, at least in our Elf's eyes.

Duo: That's my Elf . . .

Elf: That's right. Kaiba's hot, he dresses cool, and he's intense, dark, brooding, but he has a good side. And, no offence Duo, but his "offical" girlfriend is a lot cooler than Hilde.

Kaiba: And a lot prettier too . . .

Duo: But you always pair me with Hotaru!

Elf: Ever wonder why there was a reason for that, Duo-love?

Kaiba: Not only is Hotaru more dimensional, she's also better looking and more suited for you.

Elf: Serenity, however, is perfect for Seto. And she's a redhead.

Kaiba: My Maiden . . .

Duo: If I was the fic's lead she wouldn't be a Maiden anymore . . .

Kaiba: I'm not a hormone starved teenager either. I don't think with my dick like some braided morons.

Duo: Bitch.

Kaiba: Your inferior mind is showing again, Maxwell.

Duo: I think it's time for you to meet Deathscythe HELL!

Kaiba: No, how about we Duel? (He pulles out the Blue Eyes White Dragon.) Blue Eyes, Lighting Strike Attack, now!

(The dragon attacks leaving a charred Duo in it's wake.)

Kaiba: (smirking in satisfaction) Point taken . . .

Duo: Bastard . . . (passes out)

Elf: Duo! Kaiba, you didn't have to be so mean! Wait a second, you've been talking to Vegeta again, haven't you?

(Vegeta walks in with a proud smile on his face.)

Vegeta: The Woman's been telling me that I should help the less fortunate. So, I found this fatherless boy and took him under my wing. (Kaiba and Vegeta share matching grins.)

Kaiba: Have I learned, Vegeta-sama?

Vegeta: More than my own flesh and blood, Kaiba. It is rare that you have pleased the Prince of all Sayians.

Miari Trunks: Hey!

Elf: Oh boy, what have I done . . .

Fanfic Challange

I've looked far and wide for Serenity/Kaiba fics. I haven't found any worth reading. There's more yaoi than you can shake a stick at, and I have nothing wrong with yaoi, but you can only read so many fics were Yugi confesses his love to Seto and vice versa. Or all the rape fics out there as well. They sort of blend together until they're one fanfic.

So, I'm issuing a Challenge. Two of them actually.

The first is a Serenity/Kaiba fic. The only requirement is that Serenity and Seto have to be a couple in it. It can focus on yaoi if you wish, but those two have to be together.

And somewhere Kaiba must say the line, "I don't want a Millennium Item. I have enough trouble controlling myself, so why would I want an evil spirit taking over at inappropriate moments?"

The Second challenge is a Serenity/Kaiba lemon. You can go sweet or kinky, I don't care. It's up to you, just let me know when you've got it poasted!

You can e-mail me at slaybrat@aye.net so get writing!