Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ HELLoween ❯ Appearance ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a dark street, lonesome in the dead of night. The only highlights reflected from the brightness of the full moon. Two figures walked through the silence, completely used to being alone in the dark.

"It's good to be home, isn't it?"

The large canine looked up at the young man with a look of satisfaction, as if he had understood what was said.

"This city doesn't look like it's changed much. I wonder I wonder if everyone we knew still lives here?"

A small gust of wind blew, causing the man's clothing to billow slightly. Neither of them took any notice; both were quite used to it happening, and often.

They walked on through the town, past the office buildings, into the park, crossed a street, beyond the high school, and found themselves in a homely neighborhood. Not quite ugly, but nowhere near what they were used to. It was a neighborhood full of shops and family businesses; a small grocers, a waxed candle shop, a music store, a flower stand, a dessert house, and more.

They stopped at a conspicuous game store, the Kame Game Shop, and paused buy its doors. An air of curiousity and minute dread hung about. The air was still, slight noises kept sounding with caution, both figures stood silently until the wind picked up where it had left off.

"He still lives here, most likely..." his tone bereft of joy or agony. "But we shall soon find out." He stared upwards, towards the windows.

The hound suddenly tugged harshly on the leash to remind the man what time it was.

He woke from his trance. "You're right. We should get back to the hotel before you-know-what happens."

They set off hurridly from where they came.