Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Memories ❯ The door, the cat and Amane ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Note: This fic takes place during the Doma series which neither Ryou or Bakura have a part in. It's a mix between the anime and the manga just to tell you and it has some Japanese. Also, Amane and the parents are half OCS. They are mentioned in the manga but do not appear.
 
Ryou= Hikari
Bakura= Yami
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, Dearest, or Akatomo/ Red Dragonflies.
 
______________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
Bakura wandered around his soul room. He was feeling extremely bored. The idiot pharaoh and his minions had gone the United States to `save the world' again. Seeing that there was nothing to do in his soul room, he left it and walked up to his vessel's soul room door. He was about to open the door when he spotted another door. Confused and curious, he opened the other door. Inside the room sat a simple stuffed animal- a stuffed white cat. Bakura walked over to it casually and picked it by its head. It was a ratty thing. Its ears were torn, the eyes were hanging by a thin string of thread, and the white fur was turning into a dusty gray. All in all, it seemed like something out of a trashcan. Bakura snorted disdainfully and was about to toss it when it began to glow. Suddenly, a bright light engulfed him.
 
 
Bakura moaned and sat up. Where was he? Glancing around him, he took note that he was in a park with a fountain in the center and that it was the beginning of fall. A sudden shout made him turn around and trip over his own legs.
 
 
Five-year-old and a half Amane was running as fast as she could. Her short dark blue hair moved with the wind as she sped along, hoping to catch up with her twin brother. Her dark brown eyes searched for a shadow that would signify her brother. She spotted him so ways up.
 
 
Onii-san, matte! She shouted, hoping that he had heard her. Apparently, he did, for he turned around and waited for her.
 
 
Bakura gazed at the girl with curiosity. Expecting her to stop, he yelped when she passed right through him as if he didn't exist. He turned around and saw the blue haired girl run up to a young boy with long, spiky, white hair. Wait, white hair? The young boy, who was almost the split image of Amane, turned around and laughed at her as she sat down panting.
 
 
“What took so long, Imouto? The boy teased. Amane hit him with a pebble and pouted.
 
 
“Stop teasing me, Ryou, I'm younger than you” She huffed.
 
 
“Only by five minutes, which isn't a very long time.” Ryou replied. Amane `hmphed'.
 
 
“Why don't you try holding your breath for five minutes and see how long it is.” Amane replied smartly.
 
 
Bakura watched amusedly as the young boy sucked in a large amount of air and began promptly to hold his breath. “So this is a memory.” He thought, as Ryou became a little red from the lack of air. After thirty seconds, it was too much for him. He exhaled loudly. It was Amane's turn to tease now.
 
 
“I told you five minutes was a long time,” said Amane. Ryou muttered something about trying again tomorrow. They on the fountain in silence for a while before heading home.
 
 
Bakura followed them as they walked through the deserted park. The sun had begun to set and it was growing dark. However, the two small children didn't seem frighten like other kids their age. In fact, they seem to enjoy the darkness. They would sigh deeply and glance at the setting sun. Sometimes stopping completely just to feel the wind blow through their hair.
 
 
Ten minutes later, they arrived in front of a light blue house surrounded by a white picket fence. The two children and Bakura were greeted with light and a wonderful smell in the air. Sounds from the kitchen told all three of them that their parents were cooking dinner.
 
 
“Dinner time.” A feminine voice called from the kitchen. Bakura watched Ryou and his twin sister run upstairs to wash their hands and run back down into the kitchen. The kitchen was quite small. It had a counter, which was attached to two walls and in the shape of an `L' and a small rectangular table with four chairs on each side. Ryou and Amane took the chairs on the long sides of the table while their parents took the chairs on the two short ends. “Itadakimasu” The four said politely before eating
 
 
Bakura took note that none of the family members really looked like Ryou. Ryou's father had long navy blue hair that was tied in a ponytail. He wore glasses and had small dark brown eyes. His skin was very tan from being an archeologist. Ryou's mother had short black hair and for some strange reason, large green eyes. Her skin was slightly tanned, but not as much as her husband. Amane was the closest to looking like Ryou. After all, they were twins. However, it seemed like they were colored differently. Amane had short dark navy hair and small green eyes. Her skin was a little bit tanned but not so much as here mother and father. She was really like a mix of her mother and father. Ryou, however, could have said he was adopted and get away with it. He had long spiky white hair and dark brown eyes. His skin was very white but still had color in them. His family didn't really know what he was, an albino or a normal person. He seemed like a mix between the two. A very strange mix.
 
 
After dinner, Ryou and Amane had to practice English for they had just recently moved to London and tomorrow was their first day of going to school every. They were quite good at specking English for children who had lived in Japan for five years. Amane had difficulty with the x and r while Ryou had the problem with the ch sound. Their parents however were doing quite badly. They only knew the basic words such as I, as, in, now, etc. They also spoke with a heavy Japanese accent and usually avoided speaking English at all.
 
 
At ten o'clock, Ryou yawned and both he and Amane were ushered to bed. Bakura followed the two upstairs. He had been quite bored with this memory seeing as there was no action involved. He wondered when it would be over.
 
 
Ryou and Amane bid their kaasan a good night before closing the door. They turned off their lights and tried to go to sleep. However, excitement about going to school did not allow Ryou to go to sleep.
 
 
“Amane?” He whispered, knowing that his sister was as giddy with excitement as he was.
 
 
“Nani?” She replied.
 
 
“I can't go to sleep, I'm too excited.” Ryou explained
 
 
“So am I” Amane agreed. Truthfully, she was quite sleepy, but for some strange reason, she was nervous.
 
 
“What's your favorite song?” Ryou asked striking up random conversation that they, strangely, never had.
 
 
“I like the song “Dearest” the best,” she replied, getting sleepier with each passing second, “what about you?
 
 
“I like Akatomo the best.” Ryou answered, closing his eyes.
 
 
“Akatomo? I never heard of it before. How does it go?” Amane questioned curiously.
 
 
Ryou replied softly, “I can't remember it clearly but it goes something like this:
 
 
“To the glorious sunset
 
 
Colors red dragonflies belong...
 
When did I behold them
 
 
As my mother carried me along...?
 
In the shimmering of the
 
Setting sun, red dragonflies.
 
When did I first see them,
 
Carried along on her back?
 
 
In the gleaming of the
 
Setting sun, red dragonflies.
 
See them so still
 
Atop the bamboo stalks.”
 
 
“Well, what do you think?” Ryou asked. However, he got no reply for his sister had fallen asleep.
 
 
Bakura was quite shocked when he heard his host sing. It was soft and quiet but loud and clear at the same time. It held many emotions yet no feeling at all. It was so strange. He guessed that his host was probably good at singing but not this good. He had a sudden thought. Perhaps this memory could be more useful and amusing than he thought. Bakura sat back and closed his eyes.