Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Past - version I ❯ Hidden Past - version I ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hidden Past

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Disclaimer: As usual. ^^ Yu-Gi-Oh is not mine.

Author: Jinsei Seishin

Warnings: Death

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

 

Sand. Sand, sand, sand. It wouldn't be long until sunrise but the desert was quiet… or almost quiet. The sound of running feet slowly faded into hearing, making it for an unknown destination somewhere along the riverside of the might River Nile. Soon also heaving of a strained breathing, from long running, could be heard. A woman, running along the waterside with something in her arms that she held to herself like she would rather die before giving up.

Stumbling across sand, rocky, dry ground and fallen papyrus plants, she finally moved behind a reef and in among the papyrus plants. Sitting down she gently removed the outer cloth from the bundle's upper part, revealing a small, sweet face of a child. Male child with short, baby soft, platinum blond hair and tanned skin. Prussian blue eyes smile down at the infant as she brushed a few small locks away from a smooth brow. Then she pulled out a basket made of sturdy papyrus pieces, bound to carry light weight but still float on water. Leaning down she kissed the child's forehead softly, a tear rolling down her face.

"My son, I have nothing I can give, but this chance that you may live." She whispered in the boy's ear before putting him gently down into the basket. "I pray we will meet again, if so not in this life then in some other one…" More tears fell down the tanned cheeks of the Egyptian female. "But for now, my little one… May Ra protect you." She whispered before carefully putting the basket down into the water, seeing to that it floated before letting it go. Looking after it longingly before letting out a sorrowful cry as the basket, protected by the water and threatened by the growing light, floated away. The sorrowful cry of the mother was suddenly turned into one of pain as a spear was thrust into her back. The scream faded away and the metal was pulled out of her back. The body remained standing on its knees for a few moments, mouth somewhat open, before it fell forward and to the side. Silky, black hair spreading over the golden sand, soon accompanied by crimson blood, which seems to glow in the growing morning light. Half open eyes stared after the basket as it slowly floated away on the calm river, tears rolling down the cheeks before the last of the life left the body, leaving it dead and soon to grow cold.

"Where's the witch's demon child?" The angry voices of the armed guards asked each other as they search for it among the papyrus plants and reefs. "Find it!" Though what they were searching for was slowly being taken away by the river, the mighty source of life in this Black Land.

 

Walking by the riverside, blue eyes looked at the still water that flowed between, separating, the two temple areas. The young high priestess of the Goddess Isis and present Pharaoh, Akunamukanon, gave a light sigh at the serenity before her eye suddenly caught the sight of something coming down the river, carried by the water in a papyrus basket. Narrowing her eyes somewhat they soon after widened before she ran up to the riverside. Wading out into the cool water the young woman caught the object. Picking up the basket she looked down at the small infant in it, he was still asleep. But the hair… blond, almost white. An Egyptian child for sure… but with platinum blond hair… If he had been put into the river to be saved she could have understood the mother's desperation… and if it was for the river to kill him… Well, she wasn't going to think on it. He was safe… and that was all she cared about. He was so small, so serene looking in his sleep, so frail… so… much in danger. Cursed with this blond hair… And… he…

"… Ketra…" She whispered almost inaudible. "We will… meet again, Ketra. And when we do… I'll substitute for the mother that you never had in this life. May it be Ra's will that I got to meet you today… and by the Goddess Isis compassion and love… may it be both Her and Ra's will that we meet again. Because when we do I will stand by your side forevermore and never let you go… whatever happens." She said as she kissed the child's forehead. Leaning back up, tears falling down her cheeks, she let the basket go. The light papyrus form floating away… It had been too late. If that basket just had come by an hour earlier that infant would still have been… She would have kept him, whatever the price may have been…

"May it be… Ra and Isis' will… that I see you again, Ketra… May we meet again… and that time… don't let me be too late. Let me see your smiling face…" She whispered as the basket slowly floated away with the small, dead body in it towards the golden disk of Ra that was raising, almost being over the horizon now.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Ketra is Egyptian and means little sun, or little Ra. Since, to the Egyptians, the sun was Ra. Ketra could also, in my perspective, be used as a name.

 

I was listening to the song Deliver Us from the Prince of Egypt when I came up with this. >w> It's really sad… ;;.;; But there's a second and not so sad version too. ^^;;;