Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hunting The Damned ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





Yami closed the laptop and got up, kicking aside the head of the vampire.

"If we're going to beat these things, we need to find out what their needs are, besides blood. That way, we know where to look for them." Kaiba rose as well and looked around. Yami was about to answer when he spotted something that made his blood run cold. Walking right past Kaiba, he stopped in front of a very large hole in the thick wall. "Kaiba, we killed two vamps, right?"

"Yeah."

"And we saw 9 vamps in the video....." The Game King turned to Kaiba. "So that means that at least 7 of those creatures could be loose in the city. And they can look like anyone." Yami sighed and leaned against the wall. "Now what?"

"Well, we should check the rest of the lab, for any other vampires, and for any weapons we could use against them." Kaiba suggested. Yami nodded and followed him out of the room, bending over to grab his crossbow.


Kaiba had searched what seemed like half of the lab before he realized that Yami was standing off to the side. "Yami?" Yami looked over at him.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"I was just thinking..." He sighed. "Seto, those vampires could be disguised as anyone, and killing everybody we care about right now. How are we going to do this?"

"These could be of some use." Kaiba muttered, picking up a box and carrying it over to where Yami was standing. Yami looked inside and saw some clear glasses inside [1]. Grabbing one pair, he put them one and looked over at Kaiba.

"Hmmm...they don't seem to be doing anything." Yami looked down at the vampire head and almost yelped he was so surprised.

"What? What is it?" Kaiba asked, seeing Yami's startled expression.

"T-the vampire's glowing red!"

"What?" Kaiba put the glasses on, then looked down at it. Yami was right. Everything else was normal, but the head had a red tint to it. "These glasses could come in use." Kaiba grabbed some more and slipped them inside his pockets. "Seto, we should check the Game Shop and Kaiba Corp first. It's more important to check on the people we care about first, and see if we can kill any of those demons in the city, where they're more of a risk."



Around 10 minutes later, Kaiba was walking around Kaiba Corp, and Yami was heading for the Game Shop.

Yami pushed the door open to see Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Téa gathered around a table where Yugi and Joey were dueling. Yugi looked up.

"Yami!! Why didn't you tell us you were coming over?!" His light half cried, getting up and running over to him, slamming into his waist hard with a fearsome hug. Yami stumbled back slightly from the force.

"Sorry, aibou. I meant to come by sooner." Remembering why he was here, he slid the glasses on and looked around the room. To his horror, Tristen was tinted red.

"Yami? What's wrong?" He looked down to see Yugi looking up at him, then glancing over at Tristen. Blowing out a long breath, he pulled the crossbow off his back, wrapped an arm around Yugi, pulling him to him and pressing his face into his chest, then aimed the crossbow at Tristen, causing the others to stand up in alarm. Before any of them could do anything, Yami fired the arrow, hitting Tristen in the forehead and knocking him back. Yugi jumped and tried to turn, but Yami held him still.

"Yami!! What the hell are you doing?!" Joey yelled. He got up and strode over to Yami, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "You got three seconds before I kill you as well." He snarled, shoving Yugi out of the way. Yami calmly placed a hand on Joey's and forced him back slightly, easily overpowering the blonde.

"Go look at him, then you'll see why I did it."

"What? What are you-"

"Go. Look." Yami all but snarled.

"Yami-" A gasp interrupted Joey, and he looked over to see Téa leaning over where Tristen had fallen. Letting go of Yami, he, walked over to her and looked at the body, then pulled back, staring at Yami. "What the hell is that? And where's Tristen?"

"I don't know, but if you would all give me a few minutes, I'll explain everything."


5 minutes later, Yami had told them what he knew, and the three of them were quiet. Téa was the first to speak.

"So those things are loose in the city?" Yami nodded.

"There are at least 9 in existance, and we've killed three so far. Kaiba's over at Kaiba Corp, checking for more."

"And those glasses let you tell who's a vampire?"

"No, if that was true, then I'd be red as well. It show's the enhanced vampires in red." Yami turned to Joey and handed him three pairs of the glasses and a rifle. "I'm leaving it up to you to protect these guys. Remember, shoot them in the head; they won't feel it anywhere else." Joey nodded and took the objects, his hands shaking. The group looked over at the door as the bell rang and saw Kaiba standing in the door. Joey instantly raised his gun. "Joey it's okay, it's the real Kaiba." Yami said after using the glasses. Joey hesitated.

"Can I shoot him anyway?" Both of them growled, and Joey grinned, lowering the gun. "Kaiba, how are ya? Not hungry, I hope."

"Well, I did miss breakfast." Kaiba hissed, causing Joey to eep and slink over to Téa. Kaiba shook his head and turned to Yami. "Did you explain things to them?"

"I had to, or else Joey would have tried to kill me for killing Tristen, or at least one of the vampires that looked like Tristen." Kaiba growled at Joey, causing the blonde to hide further. "Were there any at Kaiba Corp?" Kaiba nodded, and looked grim.

"There were 9." This hit Yami hard.

"But....that would mean that we've killed twelve.....and they only showed 9 on the video, so....."

"So we have no way of knowing how many are out there." Kaiba finished for him.

"Looks like this will be a full time job." Yami muttered, rubbing the back of his neck, almost growling with stress. "So, what do we do? Split up and start combing the city? Or stand around here forever?"

"Duh!! We should split up!! And kick these stupid vampire's butts!!" Joey shrunk back from his outboast when both Yami and Seto hissed at him.

"I do not want Yugi out there with those demons on the loose. I don't care if you use the glasses or not." He said, stopping Joey's next argument. "Look if you insist on looking for them, then leave a gun with Tea." Seto handed Yugi a gun, then got to his knees beside the small boy and explained how to work it. Yami watched them, then turned to Joey. "You're so pumped to help; Got any ideas?" Joey looked thoughtful for a moment, then shook his head. "I figured."

Seto stood and turned to Yami.

"We really shouldn't split up; it took two of us to fight off a few. So it should take the two of us to find all of them."

"You mean the three of us." Yami corrected.

"What do you mean the three of-Oh HELL NO!!" Seto snapped. "NO WAY, YAMI!!! HE IS NOT COMING!!"



Seto growled as he walked, glaring at the blonde ahead of him. Joey was slinking around like a spy, holding his gun up to eye level, and doing a very bad job of being discreet. "Can I kill him? Please?" He begged again.

"For the last time, no." Yami said patiently, checking his gun to make sure it was loaded and set. He looked up as he saw 6 teens walk around the corner of the dark street they were on, and growled loud enough to get Joey's attention when he looked through the glasses and saw all the teens were glowing red. He pulled the safety off on his gun and raised it to the teens.

"Yami?"

"Time to go to work, guys." Yami hissed, aiming carefully. "Joey, stay out of this unless we absolutely need your help. That way, you can see what we're up against." After glancing to Kaiba to make sure he was ready, Yami fired his gun, calling the vamps attention to him as two of them fell dead.

They all shrieked and ran at them, two going for Yami. Yami pulled his sword off his back and blocked the outstretched claws of one of them, then fired his gun at the one behind him. Unfortunately, he missed and the vamp swung at his back, slicing open the flesh. Swearing, he kicked the vamp in front of him in the stomach, then turned and fired his last bullet at the vamp, hitting him in the shoulder and giving him a few precious seconds to reload.

Kaiba had his hands full as well. He held one vamp at bay with his shot gun while the other one repeatedly swung at his head, just barely missing him as the first vamp was in the way. He had to hold his gun up with both arms just to keep the vamp's claws out of range of his face. Then, the second one slipped under his arms and swung at him, raking his chest open. But it must have been a young one, as it's claws weren't as long as the others, and the cuts were quite shallow. Kaiba slammed his knee into the vamp, stunning it, then kicked it in the head when it fell to the ground, knocking him away.

Focusing his attention back to the other vamp, he moved his head to the left just as the vamps claws dug into the bricks of the building he was pressed against. As the vamp struggled to pull his claws out, Kaiba held him back with his foot and aimed the gun at his head, firing it. Ignoring the black blood that splattered all over his coat, he blew off the other vamp's head, then turned to Yami.

Yami hissed at the vampire in front of him, the steel of his sword ringing as it clashed with the vamp's claws, then jumped as he heard two "bangs", and the vamp's head blew up. Hearing a thud behind him, he turned and saw the other vamp behind him, dead as well. Turning again, he saw Kaiba standing with a smoking gun. "Thanks, Seto." Kaiba nodded, then turned to Joey, who was backed against a building, practically vibrating with shock, staring at the vampires. "Joey? Are you alright?" Joey slowly looked up at Yami.

"W-will it be like that every time?" Yami sighed and nodded.

"Probably." To his shock, Joey broke out into a large grin.

"Exellent!! That was JUST like a horror movie!! Will you guys teach me to fight like that? This is going to be so cool!!!!" Yami shook his head and Kaiba pressed a hand to his forehead.

"This just got a whole lot harder." He muttered as Joey fired more demands at a stunned Yami. "Oi...."[2]




[1]-Yeah, I know I stole it from 13 Ghosts. So what?! Excellent movie, BTW.
[2]-I can't see Seto saying it either, but it seemed to fit the moment.