Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I Dream of You ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I Dream of You

A One-Shot by SnowLion no Miko

~*~

Disclaimer: I don`t own YuGiOh, if I did it would have a lot more romance in it.

~*~

I stand here, at your wedding. I was chosen to be Kaiba`s best man. I stand a foot away from him, but I can see the pride and love in his once cold eyes. You changed him, for the better. Kaiba wore the finest tuxedo money could buy; the piano player was Barry Manilow himself. Pearls were hung around the chapel and a vase of lilies were sat upon each table on the side of the pews. Light flowed in through the stained glass windows, casting a rainbow of colors on the wood stained floor.

Mokuba entered carrying the rings on a satin pillow, and he was followed by a little girl who was throwing flower petals here and there. Then you and your father entered the room. All eyes were on you. You looked stunning in your white strapless gown, your face still hidden beneath the veil. Your dad walked you up to the alter, kissed your cheek and let go of his beautiful little girl to this CEO of Kaiba Corp.

I look toward the guests; some are teary eyed and others are trying to hold back the tears. I gaze at you and you cast me a brief smile that I can make out under your veil. You are the prettiest girl I had ever seen. But I was too late. I was too shy to say those three words. Those three little words.

I love you.

I have never been so sure of anything in my entire life. I had always loved you. I wasn`t sure if you felt the same way so I never told you. But now I wish I had. Things might have turned out different. It could`ve been me marrying you instead of Kaiba. But I know you are happy with him, and I will not interfere with your happiness.

You gazed into his eyes as he looked down at you. He said his vows and then you said yours. Then the minister said some things and he said.

"I do." And smiled down at you. His bride. Not mine. His.

Yes I do wish it was me saying `I do' instead of him. But it`s not. Kaiba was the one you fell madly in love with. It wasn`t me and it will never be me.

Then you said those two words. Those two words that will bind you in marriage till the day you die.

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride." The minister said.

Kaiba lifted the veil to reveal your beautiful face. The girl I hold closest to my heart.

Anzu.

It pained me to see him kiss you. I still wish it was me you were kissing in this moment. Kaiba will take care of you until the day he dies. He has the most wonderful girl anyone could ever have.

You and Kaiba walked down the aisle. Newlywed husband and wife. He opened the door of his limo for you and you daintily sat down inside it. The words "Just Married" were written on the back of the sleek black limo. I watched it drive away and wiped a tear from my eye.

Then someone put a hand on my shoulder.

"You still love her, don`t you Yugi?" It was Jounouchi.

"Yeah," I said, sadder than I had meant to.

"Why didn`t you object?" he asked confused.

"Jounouchi, if you saw Mai with someone and she was truly happy, would you object? Even if it meant losing her forever to another guy?"

"Well if it was with Kaiba I would object, but when you put it that way. I guess no."

"What matters is that Anzu is happy. Even if it is not with me." I stared at the ground. I had to choke back the tears. I really did love Anzu.

"It`ll be alright, Yug`." Jounouchi comforted.

"Yeah." I stared at the sky. The birds were migrating for the winter and a wind brushed up and blew my hair. "I hope so."

Jounouchi left to go be with Mai and Shizuka, while I just stared down the road where Kaiba and Anzu drove off.

I`ve wanted to say these words for a long time.

"I love you, Anzu."

~*~

That`s probably the most romantic story I`ve ever written. Please R&R. I don`t know if I should continue this or leave it as a one-shot.

~*~