Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Hungry ❯ I'm Hungry ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'm Hungry

Summary- One-shot on how Marik has changed since Battle City, etc.

Shadow Kitten 9831: OMG! I had no idea I would write something so soon after my last one, but here it is! I hope you enjoy it, and don't forget to review!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Malik slowly woke to a gentle poking in his left arm. He opened one eye to see who it was, and seeing Marik staring back, he opened the other.

"Yeah?" Malik asked, he voice hoarse from just waking up.

"I'm hungry, can you make something?" Marik whispered quietly, twiddling his thumbs.

Malik sighed as he sat up off the couch. After a second of clearing the sleep from his eyes, he shuffled to the kitchen, Marik following close behind.

"So, what do you want?" Malik asked.

"Pancakes!" Marik said quickly, clapping his hands and jumping up and down childishly.

Malik sighed once again as he walked to the freezer. He had ready-made pancakes for just an occasion.

He put two frozen pancakes in the microwave, and walked to the refrigerator. He got out the syrup and peanut butter, and placed them on the counter.

Marik was sitting at the small dining table, and began to hum an odd tune Malik could not figure out.

Marik was like that a lot now. After all that had happened, he began to become dependent on Malik like a child does a mother. He even began to show childish behavior wherever they went. Malik supposed it was because he never had a chance to live life like a regular child, and now he was progressing back into one to relive it like he should have been able to. But Malik didn't mind. As long as he was not killing anyone anymore. In fact, he almost enjoyed time with Marik now. It was like he had his own little brother now, with some differences of course.

But with the childish behavior came the tantrums, and Malik remembered the last one.

They, Malik, Marik, and Ishizu, were walking through a store when Mairk found a rather large and expensive play set.

"Oooooh," Marik awed at the play set, "Malik, can I have that?" He asked, pulling on Malik's shirt and pointing to the desired object.

Malik went to look at what Marik had found now, and without even having to think, he said "No."

"But Malik…" Marik whined.

"No" was all Malik said.

"But I want it!" Marik stomped stomped his feet, starting to bring attention to the two Egyptian boys.

"Marik, we can't afford it. Besides, even if we could, we live in an apartment, the land lord would blow." Malik tried to say calmly.

"Well I want it!"

And this argument went on for about 5 minutes until Malik finally burst.

"MARIK! I said NO!" Malik yelled. Even Ishizu was startled by her brother's outburst.

Marik stopped screaming, and then there was a pause as if Marik was taking time to process what was just said to him. And would you know, Marik did the only thing a child does when they get yelled at, they cry.

Cries of "Meany Malik" could be heard throughout the store until the Manager finally kicked the poor trio out. Needless to say Marik didn't talk to Malik for a few hours. But like all kids, he forgot about their fight and went to snuggle with Malik on the couch.

*Ding*

The microwave went off, and Malik went to get the pancakes. He got them ready for Marik (peanut butter, syrup, and jelly) and sat down across from him, watching him eat that strange concoction only God knows how Marik thought up.

Thinking about all that has happened, Malik sighed mentally, `At least he doesn't need a bib.'

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shadow Kitten 9831: So, there it is! I don't think it turned out as well as I was aiming for, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways. If you didn't, I guess I don't mind.