Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Illogical Crush: Seto's Hormones, Or Lack Thereof ❯ Illogical Crush: Seto's Hormones, Or Lack Thereof ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I wrote this drabble the other day. I've wondered what it would be like if Seto actually started liking someone, though I guess it would be buried very very very deep down inside, locked away in KC Vaults and cement before being dumped away in the ocean along with the body of the man who sealed it.

It's originally for an OC in the fic I'm doing with friends, but don't let that put you off. It could, if you imagine it, go with some of the other women in the class, like Anzu for instance. ^^ It's a one-size-fits-all-female-characters ficlet.

It's a two-voice thing, like 'Seto' is arguing with his other 'Kaiba' side. All feedback is appreciated, though with the subject matter, I would really like it if I could get suggestions on keeping him in character, so remember to please review, and let me know if you want to see more, of which I have lots.

-~-

Illogical Crush

-~-

She's looking at me again. Doesn't she ever stop?

…Is she still looking? It's quite… adhering. What is this strange feeling inside of me?

Yes, she's still looking. Idiot woman. Can't you just leave me alone? It's your entire fault! If you want to make me mad, you're going about it the right way.

… Those eyes, lingering and perceptive. Such eyes, ones I could get lost in.

Oh gods. Not that thought again! Keep your mind off it. Books, science, political science, computers, psychology…

… Don't forget physicality. She's got a good physicality right there. You wouldn't mind getting up close to that, would you?

Get lost. I'm a businessman. I don't 'jump' people. I have a reputation to uphold.

… Face it. She's a good-looking investment, one that shows progress. Just treat it like any corporate takeover and she'll be yours in no time at all. It's just a little business.

She looks pretty hot, I have to admit…

No! It's ridiculous! I am Kaiba Seto, the ruthless head of Kaiba Corp and the richest man in the country. Why I tell people to jump, they ask how high. Women are way down on my list of priorities!

… If that's the case, why am I feeling like this?

About a mere woman, no less. Silly boy.

There are much better things to focus on, like the logic of maths and the experimentation of science…

Trigonometry. Easy. Biology. Much too easy. Human relationships. So illogical.

…Not even algrbra, politics and the complexities of science can help me now. I know them all too well already.

It is advanced, much too advanced for these fools to understand.

Hang on, why have I gone pink?

I don't believe this! I am Kaiba Seto. I do not turn pink! How undignified!

…Yet, those eyes are so warm and welcoming. I want to just walk over there and… let's say I would not be able to control myself.

But women can leave you as easily as they come. All they are interested in is money and the good life. No, they are far better at arm's length.

…But that one... She's better on another length, come to that.

Gods! I did not say that! What's getting into me? Why is this thought at the front of my mind?

…A strong woman who does not take you for a ride is valuable indeed. One worthy enough to be hoarded away.

So? Why should I care? I'm not interested, and that is the end of the matter.

… Is she still staring at me?

…Why is she staring at me?

Stop staring back, fool! Glare hatefully, and maybe she will go away.

Dammit, she's still interested. Bloody persistent bitch.

… Yet, I want her to be interested. Maybe she's interested in me. She is staring at me.

…Strange, isn't it? That after all this time, I find my interest being held by a woman?

…And she's every inch a woman. I've found that out for myself. Every single beautiful inch.

… I'd duel her anywhere. Even on the arena floor. Down and dirty amongst the cards. How delectable…

Get your mind out of the gutter! It's your fault! You made your bed, so go and lie in it!

… If she was there, I would. Let's just agree to check her out first, okay?

Fine. Just don't expect me to care.

-~-