Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ In an Old House ❯ In an Old House ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I thought I'd give minna-san an example of my angstyness.
______________________________________________________

The shadowy form of a ghost looked through the window. Of course, he went unseen, because new ghosts do not have the ability to be seen yet. They must wait for their presence to be known.
That was the last thing on his mind though, was being able to be seen. He was worried about what he was looking for. Someone was in that house, the house that was so old and run down. It needed to be torn down desperately.

Someone, a boy, had run into that decrepit building. Mokuba. After what had happenned, he just had to get away from everything and go somewhere that nobody would be near. Perhaps, if he ran fast enough, he could get away from it all. The reporters, the media, the passers-by, the people who meant well, the leagal advisors, the lawyers, the lower company executives, the doctors, those mindless, emotionless people who knew nothing of his pain. His suffering. The new and horrible things that he must deal with.

The window was too dirty to see through, so the spirit wandered through the walls. Mold grew everywhere, drywall had fallen and parts of the ceiling were bare. The stairs, wretched, rotting stairs wound up to a second floor that hadn't caved in yet. He went up the stairs, noticing the puddles of water that had leaked in from the storm outside. He heard something. He froze, a fear clenching his heart. He ran.

Mokuba sobbed in the open window where the glass had long since been shattered.
Shattered. Just like his heart. Broken to bits by some worthless, drunk, individual. His entire world, shattered by someone who couldn't walk a stright line.
It wasn't fair! Seto shouldn't have died that way! He shouldn't have died at all.
He cried even harder, the rainbeating down on him, plastering his hair to his face, impossible to tell rain from tears.
His miserable, feeble voice chocked out, "Seto..."

"I'm right here, Mokuba." The ghost vainy called out.

"Seto...!"

"Mokuba... I'm sorry."

He stumbled to a corner on the opposite side of the room. "You didn't deserve that! You should still be here!"

"I am here." Now Seto wished he could be seen. That would be the only thing that could calm his brother down enough. Maybe enough to prevent...

Mokuba pulled out the knife from under his jacket.

"Mokuba don't!!"

He shut his eyes tightly. "Onii-sama..." he held the object lengthwise to his arm, "don't be angry! I just can't stand not having you in this realm."

"NO!"

Mokuba pressed it against his skin, a warm, red liquid seeping out onto the floor, leaking through the boards, and yet pooling at the same time. "Forgive me, onii-sama..."

Seto rushed over to the form in the corner. "Mokuba, you shouldn't have." He fell beside Mokuba, whose strength was waning fast. He put an invisable arm around him, like he had done in life when Mokuba had needed encouragement or sevurity. Seto shut his eyes.

But Mokuba looked around, for his last sight in the world of the living. His eyes were drawn to the blood pooling around him. He saw Seto in his blood. "Onii-sama...?"
The ghost looked into the red pubble as well.
"Seto?"

Both of them looked at eachother through red, before Mokuba began to lose consciousness. Both, in that desolated house, in that raging storm.