Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity and Egotism ❯ Target: Isis ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here it is, "Insanity and Egotism." Perfect for Malik and Bakura, ne? Part of my WUI series, Writing Under the Influence. I really wanted to do a fic with Bakura, Malik, and Shadi. More so, Shadi, because he's really left out in the fanfiction world. Poor Shadi -huggles him- He's a cute little Egyptian, too! Shadi's not in it, thus far, but you'll see. XD This fic has been floating around in my mind for so long, I'm just glad to get it out! I'm running out of space up in my tiny little brain. Ahem. Now, onto the ficcy goodness!

Bakura was laid out with his back to the couch. He was sleeping quietly in the half lit room when he heard a soft voice call out to him. That voice became, louder and louder, but the tomb robber only wrinkled his nose at the sound. The voice let out a sigh, and thought of a last resort.

"Bakura… someone's trying to steal the Ring."

Malik shrieked as fists came flying and he quickly ducked. Bakura snapped and nearly fell off the couch from shock. Realizing no one was there; Bakura stared at his hands in confusion.

"I just wanted to get you up, Bakura…"

Malik eyed him just over the edge of that couch, and looked down at the now tangled up dark spirit.

"WHAT? Couldn't you see I was enjoying myself?"

Bakura was rubbing his shoulders and sighed miserably when he looked up to notice Malik raising an eyebrow.

"Not that kind of dream…"

"Ah…"

"Now, what did you wake me for?" Bakura's question came out as more of a growl.

"I wanted to know what we were doing tonight… I'm so bored."

'Only he can whine and make it sound good…'

"Bakura?"

Bakura awakened from his thought.

"Same thing we do every night, Malik, try to steal all the millennium items and take over the world."

Malik squealed in delight.

"Okay! I'll get the rod and my ice pick."

"And I'll get my weapon of choice…"

Bakura mentally snapped a picture of the beautiful Egyptian that skipped off into his room in the apartment before he sauntered off into his own. He came to a closet door, and looked around as if he were certain he was being watched. He opened the closet to reveal an assortment of weapons: knives, guns, small bombs, poison, bug spray… You name it, he had it. Bakura's eyes shined somewhat as he picked up his uzi and held it tightly as if it were his child.

"Oh baby, we're going to have some fun tonight."

He nuzzled it more until the golden haired Egyptian coughed from the door. Bakura turned around, stuffing the uzi under his trench coat.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, Malik, you go to Isis's and get hers, I'll go to Yami's."

"What about Shadi?"

The tomb robber gritted his teeth.

"…We'll see how things go from there."

"Gotcha."

As Bakura walked behind the swaying Egyptian Boy, he couldn't help but feel his growing want for him.

'I just want to throw you on the couch and-'

A woman walking by covered her young child eyes, thinking that look Bakura was giving Malik could be nothing but pure sin. Bakura, noticing this, flashed a knife at the old woman.

"Stare at this, granny."

The old woman, crossing the street, oblivious to the speeding cars around her, smacked Bakura hard with her purse, several times. She then proceeded to cross the street again like nothing had happened. Bakura growled and gave her his favorite finger. Malik, who had been watching this spectacle, was quite amused.

"Oh, you and your disrespect of the elderly."

"I'm a hundred times older than that woman."

Malik dismissed the response.

"Are you alright? You're still rubbing your head-"

'Malik… concerned?'

Bakura was caught of guard when the other boy grabbed his face to examine him.

'So close…'

Bakura could feel his soft breath on his nose, cheeks, and… lips. When Bakura suddenly felt his breath getting shaky, he pulled away quickly from the boy. Malik gave him a puzzled look.

"I'm fine! Just fine! C'mon, now, let's go."

Bakura grabbed at his chest as he marched forward feeling his heart that was beating loudly, drowning out the other sounds of Domino City. Malik's lips curled into a smirk, as he followed the white haired homicidal boy.

'I. Can't. Stand. This. Much. Longer!'

Bakura wondered why this boy, this simple mortal, could make him feel such a way.

'Is it his looks…? No, much more. He's the only one who's bothered to try and get to know me, the real me…'

Bakura was lost in his own world of thought, when he heard the faint yelling of Malik.

"Here we are, Bakura!"

Malik was way ahead of Bakura, now, and he stood there grinning as he pointed to Isis's apartment. Bakura proceeded to hide behind a bushy area near the complex.

"What? Get up," Malik said pointing next to him, "last time you left me, I ended up in the arms of a shman. "

"Shman?"

"She-man."

"I used to love that show."

"…Never mind."

Malik turned around slightly, stuffing the Rod in his pocket.

"We'll communicate through our millennium items."

Bakura nodded.

"One thing, Mr. Dark Spirit. You have to get Yami's. On my terms."

Bakura wrinkled his eyebrows. He didn't like the way Malik said 'my terms,' but Bakura was nonetheless interested.

"And what would those be?"

"Seduce him, of course."

Bakura's jaw dropped full speed on the ground.

"WHAT?"

"I know, I'd do it, but I'd think he'd stab me or something, that Psycho Pharaoh. You know we don't get along."

"Why don't we just stab him and take the stupid puzzle?"

"What's the fun in that?"

Malik smirked as the tomb robber twitched at his words.

"You have a sick mind, boy."

Bakura said as he sat Indian style, surrounded by bushes, and on his face laid a widespread grin.

"What else is new? I'll be going now. Don't run off. I'll. Hunt. You. DOWN."

Bakura yawned at the boy playfully.

"I wouldn't mind that…"

"What?"

Bakura quickly snapped from his spacey state.

'Did I say that aloud? Crap, I got to watch my mouth.'

"N-nothing," Bakura stammered slightly, cursing himself when he did so.

Malik bowed down and stared at Bakura intently. Bakura dared to keep his eyes steady on the other boy, but his skin was just getting so hot. Malik closed his eyes and let free a gentle smile, and turned away as he swayed again over to Isis's apartment.

Bakura drooled as he watched him.

'How can he walk like that? Not that I care…'

Bakura tilted his head slightly, to get better look.

Malik knocked hard on Isis's door. Isis, opening the door, narrowed her eyes when she saw her guest.

"Brother."

"That would be I."

"Me."

"Hm?"

"That would be 'me.'"

"…You always had to rub it in that you got better grades."

"If only you studied your hieroglyphics, brother. Well, I'm sure you didn't come here to reminisce, so what do you want? Not that I really don't know. Come here to 'steal' my tauk, again? Dear sweet Ra, Malik, give it up."

Malik growled slightly.

"So, are you going to let me in?"

"Well, I am a little bored."

Isis stepped aside as Malik walked in calmly, and sat on a stool near her kitchen table. The room was like any other basic kitchen, except for the Egyptian paintings, and the pattern of hieroglyphics near the ceiling.

"Get the tauk, idiot!"

Malik looked down to hear Bakura's voice calling from his rod. Malik leaned close to his pocket to reply.

"I am… just give me some time."

Isis, who was getting refreshments, had finished just in time to see this.

"…Are you talking to your wang?"

Malik gave her an 'oh please' look and said, "I'm talking to my Rod, stupid."

Isis tilted her head and gave Malik a worried look.

"MY. FREAKING. ROD."

"Malik… that's not normal, honey. Geez, I'm talking to you about normal, but I think it's a definite time for that long awaited therapy."

Malik ruffled his hair in frustration as he heard a chuckle from his pocket.

"Would you shut the heck up?" Malik screamed at his pants.

Isis backed away slowly, looking for her mace.

'Knew I shouldn't have let him in, why, Isis, why did you?'

"What's it's name, Malik? Mr. Pokey? Magic Stick? Horsie?"

Bakura roared with laughter taking his chance to tease the boy.

"UGH!"

Malik grabbed his millennium rod from his pocket and proceeding going on a psychotic rampage breaking things throughout Isis's apartment. He barged into Isis's bedroom, thrusting the rod into her closet door.

'While I'm on my little psychotic rampage, I'll find out what's in here! She keeps the darn thing looked all the time…'

Malik flashed his 100-watt grin as he broke down the door. All he could do was gasp in horror at the sight inside. It was a complete shrine… to Shadi.

'Oh no… he found it!'

Isis started to back away from the doorway as Malik turned around with to stare boldly into her eyes.

"Malik, it's not what you think-"

"Don't try that with me."

"You have to admit, Shadi's awfully sexy."

Malik raised an eyebrow.

"And why would you think I would find another male 'sexy'?

"Well, can you say 'flaming homosexual,' little bro?"

"…Say goodbye to your little shrine."

Malik raised his rod, as he felt his stomach turn looking down at the picture of Shadi in a Speedo. Isis shivered.

'No! I spent years gathering all these pictures and turbans! I have to fight!'

"Oh my god, Malik!"

Isis, suddenly reawakened from her fear, tried to snatch the Rod from Malik. Blind in his rage, Malik hit Isis upside the head with the Rod, knocking her out. Malik blinked at his fallen sister.

"Crap…" Malik knelt down to feel the thump of her pulse on her neck; taking notice the girl was only unconscious. "Oh well, work's good for me!"

Malik reached down and unsnapped the tauk from Isis's neck.

"I got it, Bakura!"

"Good boy," came the voice from Malik's Rod.

"Now, " that same old mischievous smirk found it's way to Malik's lips, "It's your turn."

Bakura felt a little uneasy at the tone in Malik's voice, he knew he was going to regret this.

"No."

"Bull, Bakura!! I got the freaking tauk now you get with Yami."

Bakura didn't reply.

"You so owe me, especially because of your teasing."

"I was hoping you would have forgotten."

"My attention span is NOT that short, Bakura-Oh crap, the Rod is chipped! You made me chip it, idiot!"

Bakura rolled his eyes.

"Get outside, I'll do it."

Malik cheered and danced around the room skipping over the unconscious Isis.

"Only to make you shut up."

Bakura grinned. Malik smacked the rod, and Bakura suddenly clutched his head.

"…You know, if this keeps up, I'd think you were trying to give me brain damage."

"It's waaaaaaaaaay too late, my boy," Bakura heard this voice clearly and not through the rod, so he looked up, and saw Malik grinning down at him.

"To Yami's we go?"

"Fine, fine."

TBC!