Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Is This Real ... Or Not? ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh (unfortunately) just this story.

From the Author: I've wondered what Yugi thought after he meets Shadi at the museum so I decided to do my own fic about it. This is just basically his thoughts about his meetings with him and what those meetings make him feel. I don't really understand how I came up with the title for this piece. The title is just a little blurb I got from one of my favorite games, Kingdom Hearts. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a sequel or not, but with how I wrote this thing it appears I've left room for there to actually be one. Any ways, the fic!

//blah// is Yami whispering to Yugi via the mind link.

Is This Real … Or Not?

Jonouchi once asked if I was cursed because of the Millennium Puzzle. I said no. Now I'm not so sure. At first my lapses of memory didn't really bother me. I thought they were temporary. I was wrong. They kept happening. Even when they kept coming I didn't really think about it. It was as if some sixth sense kept telling me I was better off not knowing so I just left it at that. That is, until I met him.

He was obviously Egyptian and shrouded in mystery. I didn't really know why he was there when we first came across each other, that wasn't my business. But it soon became my business. I didn't know at the time of our second meeting how he had come into possession of the Millennium Puzzle, but he had. He seemed surprised that I was the Millennium Puzzle's owner but it was returned despite the fact. The strange thing is he blacked out for awhile before returning it. I thought it odd how he just shrugged it off as he did, but I let it pass. It was what he said next I couldn't dismiss so easily. He said I must discover my other self, the me within me, and solve the riddle of the Millennium Puzzle's true power; that this was my destiny, my duty. His name, I found … was Shadi. Unfortunately, this wouldn't be the last time I would face him.

Shortly after I returned home, I found out the museum owner, Mr. Kanekura, was found dead in his office. Somehow I just knew Shadi was behind it. Grandpa and I decided to go to the University to comfort Professor Yoshimori. Against my better judgment, Anzu and Jonouchi came along too. I just hoped that the Professor wasn't the one Shadi had mentioned earlier. He was. Shadi beat us there and … did something … to him. Brainwashed him and made him attack Jonouchi almost killing him if not for Anzu's quick thinking. Sadly, he just kept attacking. Jonouchi sacrificed himself as a decoy to protect the rest of us. His sacrifice was in vain as Anzu was the next to be brainwashed or hypnotized or whatever he did to her. He reduced her to nothing but a mindless puppet. The last thing I remember before blacking out was his threat to kill … to murder … Anzu.

I don't remember what happened after that, just a brief flash of fear and doubt after hearing what I thought to be the old Jonouchi's voice before things drifted away again. When I came to again, everyone was safe and back to normal again and Shadi was retreating, his form slumped in complete defeat.

I still don't quite understand what Shadi meant by the other me, but I think I'm beginning to in some small sense. Sometimes when I'm alone and just relaxing and clearing my mind it's as if I can feel someone watching me, but there's never anyone there. Sometimes if I listen carefully enough, I can hear a voice whisper. Am I going insane? I don't know anymore.

//No, you're not.//

Jonouchi once asked me if I was cursed because of the Millennium Puzzle. I said no. Now I'm not so sure.

//I'm here.//