Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Is this the End? ❯ Yami ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! because if I did Mai would be more of a main character..

Pairings:

Jounuchi /Mai

Yugi /Anzu

Ryou: Hikari

Bakura: Yami

Marik: Yami

Malik: Hikari

I call the Pharaoh Yami cause I like that name even if it is his name in the dub. I know the Bakura /Ryou or Marik/Malik thing isn't in the Anime cause I watch it in Japanese and English but I'm doing it this way so I won't confuse people who are used to seeing it that way on to the story……

This duel was not going the way anyone had hoped it would. For one, Bakura was ahead in life points. He had 2500 left while Yami only had 2000. The duel started out like any other duel between the two. Yami was sure he would beat Bakura like he always did, so what was different now? If it continues this way Yami would have to give Bakura the puzzle and his rarest card. He'd then only need four more items to complete his collection, since Bakura admitted earlier to possessing the eye.

Yami's POV:

I can't lose to Bakura, I've been in worse situations and defeated him, and I will today..

"Hey Pharaoh!" yelled Bakura "Quit stalling. You're going to lose regardless of the card you draw."

That's what he thinks. If I can summon my Dark Magician, I'll be able to attack him directly and win the duel. He does have a trap card on the field that I need to worry about.

"Bakura," I respond "this time when I defeat you will be the last. I will make sure you can never return by destroying the ring."

He had the nerve to laugh at that. He won't be laughing for long. I have to get rid of the ring this time or else Bakura will continue to come back to hurt me and my friends. This isn't one of my best strategies, but I'll do it to win. I'll use Ultimate Offering so I can special summon an extra monster, and then I'll use it again to bring out the Dark Magician. Dark Magician has enough attack points to wipe out his life points. My Ultimate Offering has been on the field long enough, so I can use it. It will cost me 1,000 life points to do this, but I have to defeat Bakura. The fate of the world is at stake.

"Alright Bakura!" I yell out "This is the end. I'll summon Kuriboh in defense mode and use Ultimate Offering to bring out Celtic Guardian. I'm not finished yet, I then use Ultimate Offering again to summon the Dark Magician by sacrificing Kuriboh and Celtic Guardian. Dark Magician, attack his life points now with your Dark Magic Attack!"

Everything was going great until he showed his trap card, Negate Attack. That's okay. That just means he has one more turn unless he has another plan. My turn is over, and Bakura brings out a card and starts laughing maniacally. That can't be good. He says his card will end the duel once and for all. He finally quits laughing long enough to show the card. It's the Change of Heart card. This one card can change everything. He'll use my Dark Magician to destroy me. It's almost like the time he tried to use it against me when Yugi's soul was in the card. I have no card to use against him.

"Pharaoh," Bakura said. "Are you ready to lose? It doesn't matter. The best part about this is I'm not going to be the one to attack you. I'm letting my host Ryou do the final attack."

Ryou would never do that, or would he? But before anyone could say anything back, Bakura had changed to innocent Ryou.

"Why Ryou? Why would you betray us for him after all he's done to us?" I asked him.

"I suppose I do owe you all an explanation" Ryou answered quietly. "Bakura and I are technically one and the same. You and your friends may consider me your friend, but it's more of a superficial friendship then a real one. That's not necessarily a bad thing because some people are best as distant friends."

Ryou paused for a moment and then continued, "Bakura is always there for me, like an older brother. He'll never leave. I doubt even Armageddon could take him away from me. I know that may not be a good reason to you, but after seeing his...well, our past, I decided I would help him collect the Millennium items providing he doesn't kill any of you. Does that answer your question, Pharaoh?"

"Yes, it does," I replied, while wondering what will Bakura do when he gets the other four items.

"Yugi," said Ryou in his normal calm sweet voice "no, Pharaoh. It's time that we end this duel. Anzu, Jounuchi, I'm so sorry that it has to be me that defeats your friend, but in my heart I feel like I'm doing the right thing. I'll now activate Change of Heart to take control of your Dark Magician. Dark Magician, attack him directly!"

I'm still in shock. I can't believe Ryou would help Bakura defeat us. Maybe him and Bakura are now as close as Yugi and I. In some ways Ryou is right. We are distant friends. We don't know much about him. I'm sure Bakura doesn't want a long drawn out teary goodbye, so I'll let Yugi take over so he can hand over the puzzle and my rarest card.

Normal POV:

When Yami's life points went to zero, it was as if time stopped. Yugi's friends were too stunned to say anything. This means that Yami will have to honor his promise to give Bakura the puzzle, and Bakura would have to honor his promise to Ryou and that was to not kill Yugi or any of his friends. Yugi was the first to break the silence by crying as he handed over the puzzle while silently saying goodbye to Yami; then handed over his God card (Osiris) to Bakura. It was hardest on him since he was losing a very close friend. No one knew what to say to make him feel better, so they said nothing...