Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Night of Healing: Night of Hurting ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

/ someone singing/

"quotes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughts -

 

 

Yugi sighed for the millionth time that night as he lay down in his bed. -for some reason I just can't sleep- he thought to himself. He rolled over on his side, his other side, laid horizontally on the bed, and backwards, but nothing seemed to work. -Is something troubling you Yugi?- Yami asked concerned through their mindlink. -I'm not quite sure, it's just for some reason I feel uneasy- Yugi mindlinked back to Yami. -Yes, I sense a great disturbance as well, but I can't quite place what it is.- Yami mindlinked back to Yugi. -Hmm, I don't know, you don't think someone's after the puzzle again, do you!" Yugi mindlinked to Yami. Yami took spirit form beside Yugi. "I'm not sure, but whatever it is I feel it will make its presence known soon enough." Yami said reassuringly to Yugi. "Yeah, I guess so." Yugi said to Yami laying back the right way in bed and folding his arms behind his head. "Anything else troubling you?" Yami asked. "Actually, I've been wondering what's been troubling you, ever since your date with Hoshi, you've been really quiet..." Yugi said looking at Yami concerned.

 

"Hoshi and I are not seeing each other anymore." Yami said with a surprising lack of emotion. "What, when did this happen, how did you keep this from me, you know we can talk anytime, I promise I'll do whatever I can to help you get your true love back!" Yugi said jumping out of the bed, looking very determined despite the fact he was wearing cloud pajamas, with footies. Yami smiled at Yugi. "It's okay Yugi, I broke up with her..you see thing is I've realized that

I don't love Hoshi, she's an interesting and beautiful person to be sure but the person I love is...Tea." Yami said dead serious. Yugi suddenly looked crestfallen. He curled back into bed. Then faced away from Yami. "Yugi is something troubling you..." Yami said concerned. Yugi shook his head, "No, it's nothing, just tired..." Yugi lied. Yami sensed Yugi was lying but decided not to press the issue further. "Yami...I still intend to keep my promise, and help you get your true love back...After Kaiba and her split up." Yugi said quietly, wishing had never opened his mouth.

 

"Actually, I was planning sooner than that..." Yami said seriously. "Yami!, you can't be serious, that's just so wrong, on so many levels." Yugi exclaimed bolting up right. "Is it so wrong to love someone so much, that you can't stand being another day without them?" Yami asked. Yugi eyes cast down to the floor. "Well no, but..." Yugi said trailing off. "I was thinking, Joey has been trying to split the two up, correct?" Yami asked. "Well yea, but that's Joey, he's a little over-protective, and sometimes rushes into things, but I know he would never hurt Tea..." Yugi said. "It's not Tea that will be hurt." Yami said matter of factly. "How could Tea not be hurt too, if she really and truly loves Kaiba." Yugi asked. "Because I'm willing to bet our dark magician that she cares for her friends just as much, and all we have to do is make Kaiba out to be the loser he is and she'll go along with it." Yami said.

 

Yugi looked at Yami like he was a three headed dark magician. "Yami, Kaiba's got a heart of gold deep down inside." Yugi said. "Yes, a tiny heart of gold, surrounded by ice, safes, bricks, lock boxes, chains, stone, brick walls, and darkness, more ice, stone walls, castle battlements, more darkness, and more chains and locks." Yami said sarcastically. Yugi sweat dropped. "That's not the point even if he wasn't a good person, it's still not right to break them apart if he's not hurting Tea." Yugi exclaimed. Yami cast his eyes away. "Maybe not, but Kaiba has done so much to try to hurt our group, and it's not right for him to be with Tea." Yami said viciously. Yugi's eyes widened. "Yami...two wrongs don't make a right." Yugi said quietly. "Perhaps your right aibou, but that doesn't change the fact that I miss Tea." Yami said. Yugi nodded. "Well Yami, maybe we should just let fate run it's course." Yugi said. Yami nodded solemnly. "Yes, thanks for talking to me Yugi, and stopping me from trying to do something I might have regretted." Yami said bowing politely to Yugi. Yugi nodded then curled in bed and went to sleep. Yami frowned for a second and stared up into the night's sky, it'd be sunrise soon, and Yugi needed to sleep, but that didn't stop Yami from wondering what he should do about Tea.

 

Joey carried Tea up to her room, scooping her up in his arms. Tristan scooped up Kaiba. Shortly after they had drank the antidote they had both passed out. Mokuba peeled back the lable and read that that was just one of the anti-serums side effects but that meant it was working so he didn't worry. "So where's Kaiba's room." Tristan asked, trying to find a place to put him down. "Its the same room." Mokuba said meekly. Tristan set Kaiba down on the bed next to Tea. "Oh okay...." Tristan said blankly,. then it dawned on him ."What!" He and Joey both shouted at the same time. "Ummm, uhhh, didn't Mai or Serenity tell you." Mokuba asked meekly, trying to get out of the situation. The two teens turned toward Mai and Serenity, who backed up and stuttered. "U-umm, uh n-now g-guys calm down...." Mai began. "How Could you not tell us something that important!" Tristatn yelled. "Well uh, I can see you guys are busy, so I'll just...leave." Mokuba said quietly, slowly making his way to the door, "Fuku Hanchou (a/n: vice president) of Kaibacorp exit stage right." Mokuba said to himself dashing out of the room. "Ummm, maybe we should quiet down, those two need their rest." Serenity said quietly, pointing to the bed Tea and Kaiba were in. ."Umm, I guess you have good point." Tristan whispered. Mai, and Serenity left the room, followed closly by Tristan, but Joey was still glaring down at the bed one his best friends were on, and his self proclaimed arch nemeis. Joey nodded, "Just a sec'" Joey said noticing something on the bed under Tea. Tristan nodded then walked out the door.

 

Joey carefully looked at Tea and Kaiba. Both theiir faces were flushed and tinged a light pink, he placed a hand on Tea's forehead and grimaced, they were both running fever. "I wond' if that's one dem side effect thingies too." Joey thought. He carefully rolled Tea towards Kaiba, for a second and pulled out a black notebook with the words Duel Monsters written across it in gold. Then he moved Tea back they way she had been before. -Don' want her too close to Kaiba.- Joey thought. He opened the book and examined. "Hey, this is Kaiba's notebook journal!" he said aloud. As though Kaiba heard him he bolted straight up and looked at Joey with glossed over eyes, Joey almost jumped out of his shoes and dropped the notebook. "But you can't have Ice cream without hot sauce." Kaiba said then he turned over and fell back to sleep. -That's was close- Joey thought crossing his eyes and sweating. He bent down to pick up the notebook, when he saw a box under Kaiba's bed labeled home videos. He dragged it out and saw a bunch of neatly labeled videos. "Mokuba's first solo bike ride, Mokuba's first rollerblading ride, Seto's first day at work, Mokuba's funnest home videos." Joey said reading the title out loud. He paused and looked at the previous title. "Mokuba's funniest home vidoes?" He blinked. -what could be on that tape?- he wondered. Suddenly Tea groaned in her sleep and turned toward Kaiba. Joey cleaned up the mess, carefully taking out Mokuba's Funniest Videos and putting all the videos away. he went into Kaiba's bathroom, and pulled out the thermometer. He carefully cleaned it then took Tea's temperature. "103. that's not good." Joey said aloud. He cleaned it off again, only this time not as good, he really didn't care if Kaiba got sicker, and took his temperature. "104, that's not good either." He said aloud. He quickly shoved the notebook and video into his green jacket pockets, in the lining.

 

"Actually, I probably should ask 'em first." Joey said. He shook him as lightly as he could. "Hey Kaiba can I borrow these please." Joey said extremely quietly. Kaiba opened his eyes slowly,all he had heard was can i....please, and then turned on his side, muttering something incoherent. "I'll take dat as a yes." Joey smirked then walked out the room. He went back down stairs and saw Mai, Serenity, and Mokuba's eyes all big and teary.Tristan had his arms folded across his chest. "And now your going to get yelled at by Joey." Tristan yelled. They all looked at him. "We're really sorry please forgive us." Mai said clasping her hands togheter and giving him the puppy dog eyes. "Yes, I didn't know that it was so important, If I had known I would of told you about Tea and Niisama." Mokuba said giving him the puppy dog eyes. "Oh Joey I am so sorry, I didn't know it mattered to you so much, I guess I'm not a good Imotou (a/n: little sister) after all." Serenity said giving him the puppy dog eyes and then glancing away. "You guys are laying it on a little thick don't you think." Tristan said then he glanced at Joey who was crying rivers. Tristan sweatdropped, "Never mind." he said sighing. "You guys, it's alright forgetboutit an' Serenity your the best imouto a guy could ever ask for." Joey said. "Oh, Joey." Serenity said running towards to Joey arms outstretched. "Come here sista'" Joey said running towards her. "Ahahaha." Serenity laughed running towards him ."Ahahahah." Joey laughed running towards her. Everyone else in the room sweatdropped. "Ahahahaha." Serenity laughed. "Ahahhaha....ahhhhhh." Joey yelled running into a table and knocking it, and himself over. Everyone but Joey sweatdropped.

 

"Ahem, not that little moment is over, um, I think I should tell ya guys that Tea's got a tempertua of 103." Joey said worriedly. "Oh, and Kaiba's is 104." Joey said, not all that concerened. "Then it looks like it's nurse Serenity to the rescue", Serenity said giving the victory pose. "And nurse Mai to the rescue." Mai said shedding her first layer of clothes to reveal a slutty nurse's outfit. "Mai, why did you have that um, unconventional, nurse's outfit under your clothes." Serenity said. "Oh, come on hun, did ya really expect me to wear that tame T-shirt and jeans without something sexy under it." Mai said like it was obvious. Serenity shook her head. Mokuba ran upstairs. "Well, if your the nurses' then you can count on Joey as..." Joey began. "Doctor Mokuba's personal assistance." Mokuba said in a white doctor's uniform with sliver, thinly rimmed glasses that had the lenses poked out on. "And Doctor's Tristan's personal assistant." Tristan said wearing the same thing as Mokuba, standing back to back to him, well as back to back as Mokuba could stand. "Assistant!" Joey shouted indignantly. Serenity and Mai pushed passed Joey and ran towards Tristan and Mokuba. "How cute!" They choroused. "Well thank you la....dies." Tristan said as he was pushed to the side so that Mai and Serenity could get a better look at Mokuba. "Aww he's so cute." Serenity cooed. "Awww Mokuba, you look so kawaii (a/n: cute, charming, etc.) in that little outfit." Mai said pinching his cheeks. Mokuba blushed. "Tell you what Mokuba, how about after this is all over we all go out for ice cream, I'll treat you." Serenity said winking. "Yea, you can get any kind you want, doesn't that sound fun." Mai said smiling. "You deserve it for being such a cute, helpful little brother." Mai said winking. Mokuba blushed some more. "Sounds like fun." Mokuba agreed. "Then its settled now let's go make those two feel better." Mai and Serenity said taking his hand and walking off toward the room.

 

"Ah man, even the kid has more game than me." Tristan said dejectedly. "Assistant!" Joey said angrily again. "Eheh, about that..." Tristan began. "Err, Tristan." Joey shouted chasing him. They barged into the room and saw Mokuba placing a folded up wet cloth on his brother's forhead. "Sssh." They all hissed glaring at them. "Err, umm, gomen nasai." (a/n: sorry) they both said bowing politely. "You'd better be." Mokuba said angrily, giving them a glare that rivialed that of his brother's. Tristan and Joey gulped. -since when could he look at someone like that- They both thought at the same time. Mokuba rolled his eyes, at the two just standing their like idiots. "Hey, dog boy, are you just going to stand there all day and let Seto stay sick or you going to help?" Mokuba snapped. "What did you just call me!" Joey shouted. "I called you dog boy, it just fits so well don't you think, after all only a dog would stand there with his mouth hanging open like that." Mokuba said folding his arms across his chest and closing his eyes, in a very Kaiba-like manner.

"Errr, Mo-ku-ba." Joey said stalking towards Mokuba while Tristan held him back. "Actually that's Kaiba-kun (a/n: Kun is honorific suffix you add to school age males last names, exactly like san, or sama, just for school age boys.), or Kaiba-sama to you mutt, and if you really don't like my brother so much as to impede him getting better than you have no business being in my house, now please leave before I have to wake up security and have you removed." Mokuba shouted angrily. Joey and Tristans eyes widened. "Mokuba, err Kaiba-kun, I am very sorry for interupting but please let me stay, I want to be there for Tea." Tristan said bowing respectfully. Mokuba nodded the okay, then he glared at Joey. "Umm, uh fine look I'm sorry too." Joey said crossing his arms over his chest and looking away angrily.

 

"We got to keep their fever's down." Mai said re-wetting the cloth from a bowl of cold-water on the bed and replacing it on Tea's forehead. Four hours later neither of the two teens were much better off than they were before. "It's already 8:00 in the morning and these two are still running fevers of 102.7, and 103.8, and none of us have had any sleep." Mai said. "Well except Mokuba, and Serenity." Joey said pointing to the corner where the two were leaned up against each other under a single blanket, both too tired to keep working. "Yea, but they've only been asleep about 30 minutes, and their both much younger than us, heck Mokuba's only like what Ten?" Mai said removing the ice bags that they had placed under Kaiba when his fever had spiked to almost 105. "Maybe it's time we let the professionals handle it." Tristan said. "I think your right hun, Tristan you go get some help and I'll phone Yugi." Mai said. "Why ya gonna call Yugi." Joey asked. "Because he deserves to be here too!" Mai said. "Well what do you want me to do?" Joey asked. "Ummm...watch Mokuba and Serenity." Mai said waving him off like he wasn't really all that important and dashing off. "Okay, now let's see how does anyone find anything in here." Tristan said running off. Joey looked at Mokuba and Serenity then sighed. "I don't get any respeck 'round here." Joey said sitting next to them.

 

It wasn't long before Yugi showed up. "I came as soon as I heard, how is Tea!" Yugi said concerned. "She's up stairs with Joey, Tristan, Mokuba, Serenity, and Kaiba." Mai said hurriedly. Duke looked inside. "Wow Kaiba's got a bigger place than I do!" Duke said half impressed, half jealous. They all went upstairs. Joey was sitting in a chair next to Tea, while Serenity sat next to Joey in a chair. Tristan was sitting on the floor with his back against the wall near Tea, and Mokuba was sitting on his brother's bed, back against the rail looking down at his brother. -Oniisan please get better soon, I can't believe that I let Renee trick me like this, none of this would of happened if it wasn't for me, it's all my fault.- Mokuba thought tears running down his face. "Well I have the results of the tests." Doctor Kanako said. "Umm, the girl's going to be just fine, just some bad side effects of the Poision, but Mr.Kaiba, well he's going to need to be kept up here so we can monitor him, a typical flu virus, brought on by spending hours in the rain, isn't mixing well with the anti serum, so he's expericing some erm, possibly deadly side effects." He said adjusting his tie. "What!" Mokuba screamed out. "Doctor there's gotta be something more we can do!!" Yugi shouted. "Niisama!" Mokuba yelled going to hysteria. "Now please calm down, I said possibly deadly, not certainly deadly." Dr.Kanako said quickly. "Luckily you didn't wait too long to bring him in here, I'm sure after spending some time here, he'll be fine." Dr.Kanako said cheerfully. "Whew that's a relief." Mokuba said wiping the sweat from his brow. "Now everyone, shoo." He said pushing Yugi and Mai from the room. Joey, Duke and Tristan followed not far behind. Mokuba came stumbling out. "But I want to see my Niisama!" He shouted at the closing door.

 

Mokuba slumped against the wall and began crying. Mai and Serenity bit their lips, while Joey, Tristan, and Duke folded their arms across their chests and leaned against the door, staring angrily at the wall. Yugi shifted uncomfortably in his shoes. "This sucks, why can't be in there!" Duke said exaperatedly. Yugi nodded. "Yea, poor Tea and Kaiba" Yugi said. "Well since their's nothing more we can do here..." Joey said trying to leave quickly with his ill gotten gains. "Now you just hold it right there hun." Mai said grabbing his ear annoyedly. "Owww let me go." Joey yelled waving his arms around wildly. Serenity stifled a giggle. "Aww, Mai let him go." Serenity said no longer able to stop laughing. "Hey Seren your suppose to be on my side." Joey said irrabitly. Everyone but Mokuba started laughing. He just turned his head away and cried some more. Mai and Serenity walked over to him. "It's okay hun, ya gots to cheer up." Mai said taking out a tissue and drying Mokuba's eyes with it. "But, I can't I'm so worried about Seto." Mokuba said looking away. "We all are, and Tea too but crying isn't going to help anybody, and I'm sure they wouldn't want us to be crying." Serenity said placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's not the same for me, I'm not like you guys, If Tea dies you will eventually be able to get over it!" Mokuba shouted, taking everyone back by surprise. "Me on the other hand, I've never spent a night without my Oniisan unless I was forced to by some psycho path who kidnapped me to get at him, and even then he always comes to rescue me!" Mokuba shouted. "Mokuba..." Mai began. "Seto's my whole world, he's not just my brother, he's my mother and my father and my best friend!" Mokuba shouted sadly. "He's his mother and father, must look really weird naked." Duke whispered, causing Joey and Tristan to laugh. Everyone else shot them a glare. "Err, umm, that wasn't funny man." Tristan said punching Duke in the arm.

 

Mokuba glared at them then looked back at Mai and Serenity. "I don't know what I'd do without him." Mokuba said looking up at them sadly. "And what if they put me in an orphanage, I can't go back there, I won't go back there." Mokuba said hugging himself then busting into tears. "I don't have any other family, It's just the way its almost always was, and the way it should be." Mokuba said throwing himself into Serenity's arms. Yugi walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure your brother will be fine." He said. "Yea, he's found in himself in much tougher situations then this and he always manages to pull out on top." Tristan said. "Yea' I mean how many people have tried to kill him, and how many people have succeded?" Duke said. "I mean c'mon that guy has more lives than a cat!" Joey said. "That's right, so don't you worry about it." Serenity said. Mokuba offered a weak smile. "Thanks guys..." he said. "Now how about that Ice cream?" Mai said. "Yeah!" Mokuba, Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Duke shouted all at once. "You boys and your food." Serenity joked.

 

"Last one their's a rotten egg." Mokuba shouted taking off down the hallway. " Your on!" Mai and Serenity shouted. "Hey that's not fair, we don't know where it is." Yugi shouted. -Yugi I have a feeling we should turn left and go down that laundry shoot.- Yami mindlinked to Yugi. -If you say so Yami- Yugi mindlinked back turning and going down the shoot. -Now, run up those little stairs and down a little then go left.- Yami mindlinked. They got to the kitchen first. Mokuba nearly tripped over himself, and stopped in the middle of the doorway when he saw him. "How did you get here before me?" He asked in disbelief. "I am the king of games." Yugi said like it should explain everything. "But it's my house." He said incredously raising an eyebrow. Yugi shrugged, "Yami told me where to go." He said. "But you've never been here before." Mokuba said even more bewildered. Suddenly Mai and Serenity came busting into the room and tripped on Mokuba, effectivly pinning him under them, then Duke and Tristan came and fell on them. Joey came up and saw the pile, then shrugged and jumped on top of them ."So what are we playing?" He asked. "Get Off!" Everyone shouted. Joey sweatdropped then rolled off, followed by everyone else. Mokuba coughed. "I give up, let's just eat." Mokuba said throwing his hands up exaperatedly. Mokuba walked over to the panel and keyed in some stuff, Then to the fridge and opened another panel and looked at it. "Oh, I got a email." He said touching the pad.

 

The rest of the other's stared at Mokuba. "How can you check your email on a fridge?" Joey asked confused. "On this panel on the side." Mokuba said, this time it was Yami's turn to be confused. "What's an e-mail." He asked. "Its electronic mail." Mokuba said. "Electowhatits?" Yami said confused. "ELECTRONIC MAIL" Mokuba said. "And this mail, is this like what those messengers in the funny blue uniforms brings to Yugi's box everyday?" Yami asked. "Yes." Mokuba said. "Oh, I think I get it Electmonic." Yami said like he had solved everything. -I'll explain it to you later.- Yugi mindlinked to him, taking back over his body. "Anywho, I think it would be better if I use my special stone." Mokuba said pulling it out of his pocket. -I wish for an Ice cream machine that could give you any flavor you asked for, and it's was always in stock and always fresh.- Mokuba thought. A silver Ice cream machine with one spout for ice cream and one spot for toppings appeared. "I want a chocolate Parfait!" Mokuba told it. A glass dish appeared and the the treat poured it's way into it, and a spoon plopped out next. "Yay!" Mokuba shouted sitting at the table. "Umm, I want strawberry!" Serenity said, the ice cream plopping into a dish for her. "Umm I'll have superman." Duke said to the machine it filling it's request. "I want Mint Chocolate Chip!" Tristan said. "I'll take chocolate, with purple sprinkles." Mai said. "I want, vanilla, and orange sherbet with tons of hot fudge sauce and a cherry on top." Joey said. "I'll have Vanilla and Dark Chocolate." Yugi said. Yugi took his treat and set next to Mokuba. "Hey, Mokuba how you doing?" Yugi asked.

 

Tea groaned and slowly sat up. "Nnnn...what happened?" She asked. Doctor Kanako looked up from his charts at her. "Ah, glad to see your awake." He said walking over to her. "How long have I been out?" She asked. "A few hours." Dr. Kanako said. "Oh man, why?" she asked. "Just some negatice side effects of the Anti-Serum." he explained. Tea looked over to her side and saw Kaiba hadn't woke up yet. "Umm, he's going to be okay too right?" Tea asked pointing over towards him. "Well, I hope so it'd be shame to see him die at such a young age." He said quite frankly. -especially after he's finally stopped coming into my office week after week either collapsed from exhaustion or complaining about the nightmares getting worse, even though I keep telling him I'm no t that kind of doctor.- Dr.Kanako thought to himself. "Well can I go now doc?" Tea asked exhaustedly. "Hmmm, oh why yes of course, just as soon as I run a few quick tests, now if you step into the other room here," Dr.Kanako said helping her out of the bed. "we'll get you all checked up and on your way!" He said shuffling over toward an adjacent room to the one she was already in.

 

Meanwhile everyone downstairs was eating in silence. Mokuba had just finished his parfait and was now just swirling the spoon around in the bowl, sadly lost in thought. Tristan and Joey hadn't even ran up to get their usual amounts, although they had seconds. "Umm, Mokuba something Renee said bothered me back there..." Serenity said suddenly breaking everyone of their thoughts. "What?" Mokuba asked timidly. "Umm, something along the lines of you really do ruin your brother's life don't you?" Serenity said nervously twidling her thumbs. "Oh yeah, Mokuba told me somethin' like that awhile back." Joey said tapping his finger on his chin. "Yea what was all that about, hun?" Mai asked. "Umm, well you see, it's just that lately I've been feeling like somehow my brother would be happier if I weren't around." Mokuba said. "Why?" Yugi asked. "Because, it seems like everything that goes wrong in his life, I played some part in it." Mokuba said upset. "Hmmm, your right." Yugi said. Everyone looked at Yugi shocked. "I-I am but Seto said that the only way I could ruin his life is to not be a part of it." Mokuba sputtered out. "I was just saying that because..." Yugi began. "Oh, I knew it!" Mokuba shouted tears running down his eyes. "Mokuba calm down and let me finish, yes you are a part of everything that goes wrong in your life, and your also a part of everything that goes right, you two are some of the closest brother's I have ever seen, your bond in very strong it shows, you two are aways there for each other and that's why everytime something bad happens your there, not because your the cause of it, and not because your making things worse, but because you two care about each other very much, and your always there when your brother needs a shoulder to cry on, just like he's always there for you, and I'm sure that your going to be there for many more hard times to come, and many more good times to come, because that's how life is, like a rollercoaster, it has it's ups and it's downs and I think it's great that you two are there for each other to share the ride." Yugi said. Mokuba looked up at Yugi. "I never thought about it that way before." Mokuba said. "Well it's about time you started Mokuba, because as long as your there for your brother, which I don't doubt will be for a very long time because you two are insepparble, then you will witness some very hard times for your brother, but the important thing is to not blame yourself, and instead help him through it." Yugi said. Mokuba dried his tears. "Thanks Yugi I feel a whole lot better now." Mokuba said.

 

Tea came down the stairs wearily. She went into the kitchen to get a drink of water and saw all her friends sitting around the table, they all glanced up at her then jumped out of their seats, and hugged the life out of her, each person squeezing tighter then the next. "Tea, I'm so glad your okay." Yugi said. "Yea, you had us all worried." said Duke. "Not me, I just knew you'd be awiight Tea," Joey said. "Don't you ever scare us like that again." Tristan said. "That's right hun." Mai said. "Tea, I'm glad your alright." Serenity said. Yami took over and looked at Tea. "I'm glad your safe as well." He said. Tea looked up at Yami in his eyes, something was different about them but what? Mokuba was the only one still sitting at the table. He got up and looked at Tea. "What about Seto?" Mokyba asked. Tea turned her head away. "I don't know." she whispered. Mokuba eyes watered up but he kept looking at Tea. "I'm sorry I can't br happier for you." Mokuba said before taking off running upstairs. "Mokuba wait." Tea said about to go after him. Yami placed a hand on her shoulder. "I think he needs some time by himself." Yami said. Tea brought her hand to her chest. "I guess your right." Tea said turning her head away.

 

Mokuba ran upstairs to his room and slammed his door behind him. He sobbed into his pillow. -Seto, please please, be okay- Mokuba thought. He looked at his clock, 9:00am. He still hadn't had any sleep, and he still wasn't tired. He was too upset to be. Mokuba opened his locket and looked at his brother's picture, his brother's blue eyes white dragon cards right next to it. He placed a finger on the card and traced the picture. -These cards have meant so much to my brother, and I took them, even though I know full well how much he loved these cards- Mokuba thought looking up at the ceiling, he still remembered how his brother got his first blue eyes card, his real one.

 

/A much younger Kaiba looked up at the flowing numbers on the computer, analyzing each number and letter that scrolled by rapidly, in it's green print. Most couldn't possibly understand what each thing stood for but he did. Most people saw just numbers and letters, but he didn't he saw, green grass, and clear blue skies, he saw a lake, and he saw flowers, lillies hs mother's favorite, and birds, blue jays flying across the sky, his father's favorite. He smiled. Perfect, after over two years writing this program, some of which in secret, hidden from his stepfather, lest he try to turn it into some kind of weapons technology, he had finished. He would be the first person, to go inside a virtual world, not simply have some hologram appear in front of him, on top of his couch, or on the floor or wherever he had desired it to be, but never in an actual virtual world, where the place could be anything he imagined it to be. "Run the program." he ordered. Several men began scrambling around flipping switches and stuff Mokuba, who was about 7 was overseeing the whole thing. Kaiba walked out the room and into a another, Mokuba looked at his brother though the paned glass. "Seto are you sure you want to do this." Mokuba asked. Seto looked up at Mokuba then gave him the thumbs up. "Yea, I'm sure." Seto said back throug another headset. "Seto, I don't want you too it could be dangerous." Mokuba shouted. "Mokuba, it's my birthday and I can fry if I want too." Seto joked through the mike. "Seto!" Mokuba whined. "Don't worry I'll be fine." Seto said lying down on the large chair like thing in the center of the room. Immediately another person came into the room and started connecting wires up to him from the chair, finally lowering the helmet like top over his head.

 

The program started up, and Kaiba stopped himself from screaming as his mind was seperated from his body, in later years he would have the whole thing worked out, where someone would barely feel it, but this was a prototype and it was a little painful. Kaiba opened his eyes and looked about him, there was the lake there was the birds, there was the wind there was the grass, it was all around him, sure it was choppy but with just a little imagination he could feel the wind blowing in his hair, he could feel the grass beneath his feet, he looked down at his clothes, they had also changed, they now were a white suit with a white satin color, his father always use to wear this suit and he was pleased to finally get to wear it, sort of, sure it didn't look all that expensive or what not, and he couldn't possibly wear it out, it was out of season, but here in his own little virtual world it was perfect.

 

He walked along and amired his work, this had exceeded even his wildest expectations, and this was only a prototype. It would get better, much better. He walked around in awe when a small little blue jay flew to the ground and hopped over to him. He took a step back that wasn't supposed to happen. "Kaiba to hq terminate program immediately, I repeat terminate program immediately." Kaiba said aloud. The blue jay flew over to his shoulder. He yelped and took a step back, and fell on his back. He winced in pain, and sat up. That wasn't supposed to happen either, he wasn't supposed to be able to feel pain. "Kaiba to hq, end program now, I repeat end this program now." Kaiba shouted. Suddenly the whole world turned blank, and white. He looked around afraid. "Mokuba, tell those idiots to hurry up and end this program I aaaaaahhhhhhh!" He cried out in pain as electric shock made it's way all around him, only letting up when he had fallen unconcious. Meanwhiile out side everyone was scrambling around trying to shut the program off. "Big brother." Mokuba shouted running toward out the room and into the room his brother was in. Kaiba wasn't moving. Mokuba reached at the chair but a shot of electricty came, jolting Mokuba backwards. Everyone was scrambling around, everyone but the big 5 who was over seeing the thing along with Mokuba and Kaiba. "Let's hope the little brat dies, ey Leicther." Johnson laughed. "Yes, let's." Leichter agreed. "The first thing we do is get back my lab, after all I did not get into this to play child games, I came here to build missiles, I'm rocket scientist, not a baby-sitter." Nesbitt snarled. "Here, here." All the big five agreed in unison. "And with all the money we'll make I'll finally have enough money to open that penquin park I've always dreamed of." Crump smirked. "You and your penguins." Gansley chuckled.

 

After they were finally able to get Kaiba out of the chair they rushed him over to the medical ward. Mokuba went in to see his brother, and some him hooked up to a breathing machine, and all kinds of other wires stuck out around him. He looked a little scary but Mokuba swallowed his fear and sat by his big brother's side. Kaiba was knocked out for several hours when he woke ip he saw Mokuba asleep, resting his head near his bed, cluthcing, something. "Mokuba..." he groaned, carefully slipping the breathing mask off. "Seto!" Mokuba shouted jumping up and squeexing him with all the strength he had. "Aaack...okay...Mokuba....ribs...can't breathe." Seto gasped. Mokuba let go and rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry." Mokuba said. "Yeah, well now I get to get you back!" Kaiba shouted jumping up and squeezing him as tight as he could. "Aaack, Seto you hugging the life out of me..." Mokuba said. Kaiba released and smiled up at his brother. "Say, what's that in your hand." He asked. "It's your birthday present." Mokuba said handing him a little black box. "Aww, Mokuba you shouldn't have, okay so yes you should of." Kaiba teased. He examined the box then carefully undid the little red ribbon on it and placed it to his side. He opened the box and his eyes went wide. "It a BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!" Kaiba shouted. "Oh thank you Mokuba, thank you, thank you, thank youi!" Kaiba shouted snatching Mokuba up and squeezing him tightly. "Seto, your doing it again..." Mokuba gasped trying to get his brother's grip to relax a little./

 

Mokuba put the card away. -These cards mean a lot to Seto- "and I was going to take them." Mokuba whispered out loud. Suddenly he heard a gentle taping on his door. "Mokuba, are you okay." Tea asked. "I'm fine." Mokuba snapped. "Well you sure don't sound fine." Tea said, through the door. Mokuba opened the door letting his bangs fall in his face. "I just want big brother to be okay." Mokuba said looking up at her tears falling down his face. "I mean, I know it's not all my fault, but that doesn't mean I don't still feel guilty, and that doesn't mean that Seto's not up there right now, possibly..." Mokuba couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence he just collapsed on his hands and knees, drying his eyes. "Look at me crying, being weak, my brother wouldn't me to, my brother says that emotions like these are for the weak.." Mokuba said, still trying to dry his eyes, but unable to stop the tears from falling. "Hmph, your brother says a lot of things." Tea said frowning and kneeling next to Mokuba. "But I doubt he even believes some of things that come out of his own mouth." Tea said. "Infact, I'm sure your brother has experienced those same feelings, infact I know he has, when we were in that virtual world, the only thing Kaiba could think about after Mokuba kidnapped you was getting you back, even at the cost of his own life." Tea pointed out. "I know, but he's not the one with the problem I am, when my brother needs me the most, I'm a failure, I can't help him, I'm the one that put him in that danger, and now I can't even be by my brother's side because of that stupid doctor." Mokuba said angrily. Tea shook her head and wiped Mokuba's tears away. "What makes you think your the one that put him in danger." Tea asked. "Renee said so herself and..." Mokuba began. Tea put a finger to her lips to shush Mokuba. "After all that's happened do you honestly think you should believe a word she says." Tea asked. Mokuba smiled. "I guess not, but I still wish I could do something to help.." Mokuba said.

 

Tea thought for a second, then remembered that Renee kept going in and out of Kaiba's private room with a camera, taking pictures of things he wanted a secret. "You can protect your brother's secrets." Tea said. "Huh?" Mokuba looked up at her. "Renee kept going into that, that room with a camera taking pictures of things she wasn't supposed to, she can't of had a chance to develop them yet so let's go, get them." Tea said. "Isn't that breaking and enetering." Mokuba asked. "After all she is paying to stay here." He added. "Your the landlords, and she commited a crime and is in jail, and you have suspicion she's been stealing from you, so that gives you the right to go in there and take it back." Tea said, unsure if she was right or not. "Hey yeah, Seto did put something like that in their contracts, like me think, oh yes, if the party in question, is suspected of any wrong doing then, then the party of Mr.Kaiba, and in any other third parties affiliated with him, reserves the right to do a full inspection of said parties room, this includes, but is not limited, search, and if any such evidence is found, removal of the item in question, Mr.Kaiba reserves the right to remove any resident at any time from said rooms, at any time, without question, provided that such removal is in correspondece with afforementioned paragraph four. Mr.Kaiba and his affilates are not responible for any lost or stolen property." Mokuba qouted. Tea sweatdropped. "Okay then, let's get this show on the road." Tea said.

 

Tea went downstairs to round up some help. She saw Duke, Tristan, and Joey heading towards the door. "Now that we know your alright we're leaving, it's been a long night." Tristan said. "Yea, besides we got some things we need ta do." Joey said. "Later." Duke said, as the three headed out the door, and over to Duke house. Tea sighed. "Well, can the rest of you guys help me out for a minute." Tea asked Yugi, Serenity, and Mai. "Sure thing hun, what do you need me to do, help you pick out something sexy to wear for loverboy up there when he wakes up?" Mai teased. Yugi blushed at the thought of Tea in lingerie. Tea blushed at Mai's bluntness. "No, nothing like that, we think that Renee took some stuff of Seto's that he doesn't want anyone to know about so I figured we'd retrieve it for him, before it ends up some creepy website or something." Tea said. "Okay." Serenity and Yugi agreed. "Oh alright, but I like my idea better." Mai teased. "And what's your face so red for Yugi." Mai teased poking Yugi, who's face, rivavled that of any apple. "Umm, uhh.." Yugi sputtered. They all went upstairs to Renee's room and were sickened by what they found.

 

Meanwhile Joey, Duke, and Tristan were all hovering over Kaiba's journal, and the tape only marked as Mokuba's funniest home videos. "Do you think we should?" asked Duke. "Don't you think he would...?" Tristan asked, imiatating a knife to his throat. "I think he would." Duke agreed. "Well woulda' coulda' shoulda' we'll only get us so far, I say we do it." Joey said. "But what first?" Tristan asked. "Umm, I say we watch the video first, I could use a good laugh at Kaiba's expense." Duke said. "Videya it is." Joey said grabbing the tape and sticking it in the player. They grabbed their snacks and prepared to watch the tape, though they barely got any of it down, by the time the video was over. Duke wiped back the tears forming in his eyes. "That, that was priceless." Duke gasped. "I know the way he, and then he, oh my gosh that was hilarious." Tristan laughed. Joey remained silent, letting his hair fall in his face so that the other two couldn't see him. "Hey man, something bothering you." Duke asked. Suddenly Joey began shaking with laughter, he threw his head back and cackled evily. Duke and Tristan exchanged glances. "Man are you alright?" Tristan asked. "What do you say that tommorrow, this video goes public?" Joey said dead serioius. "Are you kidding, that would totally humilate Kaiba." Duke said. "Exactly, see this is the week of the dance, right?" Joey asked. "Yeah, so." Tristan asked. "Well you see, Monday we show this video in front of the entire student body, and anybody in the street that happens over that huge monitor Kaiba installed on top of the school, then the next day we spread his journal over the entire school, then we make sure to start messing with him infront of those two football playa's that hate Kaiba's guts, you get them messing with him, and since their messing with him, ever'body in the whole school will pick on him, and then finally the day of the dance we put operation breakup into play, finally making Kaiba the official laughing stock of the whole school, and as ya know our school is famous for a bullying problem, I mean those creeps go overboard, so Kaiba's life will be torture, not ta mention that we'll finally break Tea and Kaiba up once and for all." Joey said.

 

"You've really given this a lot of thought haven't you." Duke said. "Yup, I have." Joey said proud that he thought up the plan, even though it had taken him several days. "I got an even better way to add to it." Tristan said darkly. "What?" Duke asked. "We get Mokuba to turn on him, and go ahead and crash at our place for a while, it'll be easy since he's already gotten it into his head that he's somehow ruining his brother's life, but we won't tell Kaiba where he is, so with no Mokuba, and no Tea to turn to, it'll make everything all the worse." Tristan said. Joey looked at Tristan. "That's perfect." Joey said. "I thought you two gave up your bullying days." Duke said twirling his finger in his hair lost in thought. "Well for him, I'll make an exception." Joey said. "So operation breakup ,and operation ruin Kaiba's life are a go?" Duke asked. "Yea!" Tristan said. "To operation breakup." Duke said, placing his right hand out. "To operation ruin Kaiba's life." Tristan said placing his right hand on top of Duke's. "To finally getting that jerk outta our lives." Joey said placing his right hand on top of Duke's. "Yea!" They all shouted. -and besides, it's not like Kaiba won't eventually get over...- Joey thought to himself.

 

Of course if they had known that everything wouldn't be okay, they would never had went through with it. If they had known that their plan was just the start of something much bigger, if they had known the consequences of their actions, they wouldn't have went through with it. If they had known that after that week nothing would ever be the same, they wouldn't have went through with it. But they didn't know, and they did go through it.

 

'Kaiba fell down the dark abyss, reaching his hands up to the sky, trying to desperately to cling to the rock, he had fallen off of. He screamed at the top of his lungs as Gozaboro's words echoed around him. "Face it boy, your worthless, no one ever has or ever will love you, all of it was a lie." He cackled. He could clearly make out the faces surrounding the cliff watching him fall, his parents, his aunt, all the children of the orphanage, gozaboro, Tea, and Mokuba. "Nooooooooooo!" He screamed as neared closer, and closer to the ground.'

 

"Noooooo." Kaiba bolted up screaming. Dr. Kanako had to restrain him and hold him still. "Nooo, no, no." He kept screaming clawing for invisible cliff ledges that weren't really there, tears in his eyes. Dr.Kanako finally restrained him, and to his great surprise, Kaiba launched himself into the closest person's arms, his eyes wide, tears brimming in them. -that dream, i haven't had that dream in weeks, and this time it included Mokuba, but how, it felt so, so real, I've never felt something so intense, so real, too real, but what could it mean.- He thought breathing in and out heavily, he closed his eyes, and a single tear made it's way down his face.