Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Keeper Of His Heart ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

sah....here i go, starting a new fic..eer, this isn't really knew; it's just been rotting away on my comp for like a couple...err..few...sah, alright, several months now....

yam: what about updating your other fics?

>.< eh.....i'm working on it?

yam: *snorts *

yug: *rolls his eyes * shut up, both of you. oni, stop BSing and get on with it, already, and yam....*smiles and grabs yam's hand, dragging him off towards the closet *

-.- nympho.....eh..sah, anyhoos, this fic's a bit different from my normal ones; yes, 'tis yaoi, yami x yugi, as always..err, 90% of the time, any wayz, but i've realized i have a tendency, in writing anyway, to make yugi uber-uke; a bit _too _ soft and sweet. so, this is my attempt to still have him be soft and sweet, etc, but ehhh.....oh, for the love of pete, just read the summary..... *grumbles and stalks off *

DISCLAIMER: stands for the entire fic. i don't own.

WARNINGS: yaoi, yami x yugi, mentions of rape

SUMMARY: something horrible has happened to yami, shattering his once strong soul to pieces. now, it is up to sweet little yugi to heal yami's broken soul, so that his broken body may begin to mend. However, the one who broke the pharaoh is intent on seeing him completely destroyed. it's going to take all of the courage, bravery, and love yugi's tender heart possesses to save his beloved yami. the always thought of as helpless yugi is going to learn just exactly why fate chose him to be the pharaoh's hikari.

&&&&&&&&

KEEPER OF HIS HEART

Yugi sat in a cushioned chair at the head of Yami's bed. He looked out the window; outside, the birds were singing, children playing, and the sun shinning. But inside.....even in late summer, hospitals were always so dreadfully cold. The little one shivered, wishing he'd worn more than the simple spaghetti strap sundress and flip flops. He reached out and tucked Yami's flannel sheet tighter about his thin, sleeping body.

The sheet was the one with Egyptian print on it; Yami's favorite. Yugi had washed it before bringing it in so that it had the comforting fresh out of the dryer smell instead of the sickly hospital smell. He took it home and washed it for him every Friday after school.

The little angel smiled sadly at his soul mate, then brushed a limp golden bang from his yami's face; one of his small fingers accidentally grazed the stitches on Yami's cheek; the once-pharaoh flinched and whimpered.

Tears welled in huge, caring violet eyes, his heart breaking to see Yami like this. His strong, confident Yami had been reduced to this.....Sniffling, wiping away stray tears and trying to be strong, Yugi forced himself to smile. "Y-yami, it's going to be alright......"

He frowned at the false, useless words of comfort. Nothing was alright, and nothing would ever be alright; not after what happened. Yugi's porcelain hands curled into tiny, trembling fists in Yami's blanket and angry tears ran freely down his soft cheeks. "Marik....you're going to pay for raping my Yami........."

tbc........

&&&&&&&

>.< gomen it's so short....i have more written, but it's stoped