Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Key to the Future ❯ Why me? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Key to our Future!

By: Silver Goddess
Rated: PG13 (might become Yaoi later on ^.^ )
Full Summary: Ryou is being used by his Yami to (along with 3 others) destroy the planet. However, Ryou becomes aware of this plan and hopes to stop it. But might end up killing him self in the process. Can Yugi and his friends help save Ryou's life and the world?
*!*!*!

~*/Normal POV/*~

Ryou woke up sweating and breathing heavily. He was trembling and his head was pounding. He had no clue as to what time it was. Sun leaked in a through the window casting eerie shadows in the room. Ryou looked around holding his head, then he saw a shadow move. He froze.

"It's about time you woke up, weakling."

Ryou knew that voice all to well. It belonged to a person (or shall I say spirit) that he purely hated. But he feared him for his life.

Ryou's Yami (who I will now call Yami just 'cuz I'm lazy) slowly walked toward him, making no sound as he did this. Ryou cringed as his Yami glared at him.

"Now it's time for your lesson, but first, one question..."

Ryou began to tremble uncontrollably as his Yami smirked.

"...Do you happen to know about 'the plan'?" his Yami finished slyly.

Ryou nervously shook his head. He was a horrible liar and his Yami knew it.

"N-No," he said chokingly.

Yami smirked. "You're such a bad liar, Ryou."
Ryou hated it when his Yami called him by his first name instead of a nickname like weakling.

"You know everything and for lying to my face your 'lesson' will be twice as bad!"

"N-No... Yami, please," Ryou pleaded as his Yami approached him.
Yami hit him across the face, hard. Ryou yelled as tears stung in his eyes. But Yami wasn't satisfied with Ryou's pain. He picked Ryou up by his hair and threw him roughly against the wall. He coughed out and began to whimper. But, yet again, Yami wasn't satisfied with the pain Ryou was feeling. So he kicked Ryou in the ribs two or three times before a couple of his ribs cracked. He coughed up some blood as silent tears ran down his face.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Yami looked quite annoyed to be interrupted during a beating but he kicked Ryou one more before returning to the millennium ring.

// Go answer it, stupid //

/ But I'm a wreck! /

// JUST ANWSER IT!! //

Ryou quickly wiped the blood off of his mouth on to his sleeve. That was a mistake; his sweater was white and the blood showed up clearly. But he didn't have time worry about that now. Ryou answered the door and was relived to see Yugi and his friends.

"Ryou! What happened to you?" Yugi asked showing a great deal of concern for his friend.

// Just say you got in a fight. // His Yami hissed, not knowing that they all knew about him.

Ryou wanted anything to get away from Yami and with Yugi present there was no way he could get hurt.

He finally answered suddenly feeling braver, "My Yami."

// You FOOL! // Yami hissed. // You will pay when this is over! //

/.../

Yugi nodded, "I understand, but are you sure you're ok?"

"I'll be fine."

"So...ya still wanna go to Yug's house?" Joey asked.

Ryou nodded as he shut the door. He felt relived, he knew while Yugi was present his Yami not dare attack.

// You'll pay dearly afterwards! //

/Oh will I? /

// Are YOU mocking ME? //

/ No, but I know that you can't hurt me for two days, not until you've followed through with the plan. /

//... Not exactly right. //

/ What? /

// I can hurt you...just not as much. //

/.../

"Ryou? Ryou? Anyone home in there?" Joey asked as he waved a hand in front of Ryou's face.

Ryou suddenly snapped out of it, "Oh sorry...I was thinking."

"Right... 'Thinkin'." Joey said awkwardly.

Ryou sighed as he entered the shop (or Yugi's house). At least when he got home he didn't have worry about getting a very hard beating.


Silver Goddess: So what did you think?

Yami B.: IS THAT ALL?

Silver Goddess: NO! I still have A LONG way to go!

Ryou: I'm not going to die...am I?

Silver Goddess: Maybe...maybe not.

Ryou: But I thought I was your favorite character!

Silver Goddess: You are! So is Mokuba!

Yami B.: Why didn't you let me pound him as much?

Silver Goddess: Because I wuv him!

Yami B.: I think I'm gonna be sick.

Silver Goddess: What was that?!

:: SG chases after Yami Bakura with mallet.::

Ryou: ... uh... please Review!