Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lady of Dragons ❯ Crystal, Queen of the Seas ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills."

- Ambrose Bierce,
The Devil's Dictionary
 
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: CRYSTAL TSUNAMI
QUEEN OF THE SEAS

It's always weird to wake up, and to realize that you don't really remember falling to sleep. The thoughts you are pondering late at night somehow transform into dreams. You never feel yourself crossing the line into that dreamy state; it just kind of carries you away.

Peter had imagined the power of his new creature in a duel in his head, and that had transformed into a dream about the final rounds of the tournament.
 
True, he was playing Magic the Gathering against Ash Ketchum, but dreams never make sense. He didn't know how to play Magic in the first place.

Peter tried to ignore the crick in his neck and the headache that was pounding at his temples. It was early. The only reason he was awake was that early beam of sunlight that always seems to find you and no one else was tearing at his eyes. That, and his father's snoring was enough to wake a bear from hibernation.
 
Before dragging himself to the bathroom, he looked at the card that was sitting on the desk. The picture was perfect, and so was the effect in his opinion. Moonlight Dragon, as he had dubbed it, was a level four Wind dragon with an attack power of 2400 and an 800-point defense. Unfortunately he had to create an effect that would balance the card out, so he had its attack power decrease by 600 after every attack. It gained 600 with every Battle Phase that it didn't participate in, but the attack couldn't get any higher then 2400 by any means.

Peter had taken bits and pieces of his favorite dragons in creating the picture, a shining dragon with a large, round crystal implanted in its chest. Pegasus had looked it over for a moment, and then apparently had it memorized before handing it back to the boy.

"Oh, well, time to get moving, I guess," Peter said to no one. He took the duffle bag that his dad had ready the night before and pried it open. Peter groaned at once. "Thanks a lot, mom."

0000000

It was the whispering that really made Derik stir to his feet, whispers about him. I know it's got to be serious. I swear there are two voices here.

"Oh good, you're awake," Yugi greeted as Yami quickly pulled a disappearing act. "I ordered some breakfast. Was waffles okay?"

Derik sat up, bracing himself against the wall. "You weren't worried about me? Or angry that I touched your puzzle?"

Yugi gave a slight uncomfortable squirm. In all of his son's life he had never mentioned Yami. It was a tough subject to bring up, and he had never had a reason to tell him. Most parents fear that their kids will ask "Where did I come from?", not "Are you possessed by a 5000-year-old pharaoh?" "Someone told me you would be alright,” he finally answered. “I finished your card for you. It came early this morning."
 
Derik took it and quickly set it aside, not wanting to be distracted, but Yugi cut him off. "Take a shower and get your deck ready. Do it quick before your breakfast gets cold."
 
Derik did feel a bit grimy from being in the rain the night before, so he listened without further comment.

Only when the sound of water running was heard did Yami reappear. "Why did you seem so calm? I told you that the defenses of the puzzle were beyond my control. That boy should be an empty shell now, but he took a powerful blast of Shadow Magic and seems perfectly unharmed."

Yugi looked at his partner for a moment. "Are you saying that he could be a bearer of a Millennium Item?" he asked.

"No, but he seems to have inherited some of your magical resolve."  The spirit shook his head and concluded, "It would be useless, however, against Seskera."

Yugi looked at the door that concealed his son and wondered, Just how much shadow power does he have?

He barely had time to finish the thought before Seto Kaiba thundered into the room. "Ishizu is gone. She didn't come to our room last night and we received a communication from Domino this morning. Come with me, Yugi, I need to take out an insurance policy against Ishtar!"

It took Yugi a moment to realize what was being said to him. "What does Marik have to do with this?"

Pulling in what little control he had left, Seto hissed, "She was found near the air pad when we took off. My medical staff took it from there. She was in shock and the only thing they could get from her was 'Brother, brother'. I knew Marik thought it was dangerous, but he didn't have to go this far!"

Yugi was about to open his mouth to say that this was ridiculous when the cell phone attached to Kaiba's belt went off.

The other end didn't even bother with a greeting. "Mr. Kaiba, we have Ishtar in custody. He confessed and walked to the security wing without a struggle."

"Marik? That doesn't sound like the man I know and despise."

"Not Marik, sir," security explained. "We have an Odion Ishtar, in custody."

0000000

Seskera was not pleased in the slightest as he viewed through the thick glass of Odion's cell.
 
The servant simply sat patiently on a steel bench, knowing that it would not be long before the sting of his master's rage would be felt.
 
Seskera peered through the glass, knocking to catch the prisoner's attention. "So Odion, I think we need to talk."

Odion stood but walked no nearer. "I did this for your concealment master. Now they have no way of seeing us together and finding out whom you are."

Seskera raised an eyebrow of skepticism. "And the other assignment? Do hope that you have not botched that up as well."

The former Tomb-Keeper slipped the torn remains of two cards under the door. One was a Toon World, the other…

"I believe that this was the final test of loyalty, Odion," Seskera mused as he held the destroyed Mudora in his hand. "This soul energy will give us a powerful boost. Mother and unborn infant together."

Odion made sure to keep his eyes from widening, but he could not control the sudden rush of his heartbeat.

"But I would like to remind you," the Ammitite leader threatened, holding a dark crystal within the man's view, "that earning my favor is not the same as earning my trust. Do not abuse this new position."
 
Seskera felt his burn mark tingle across his shoulder as he made the smallest of fluctuations, spreading a spider-web pattern through the bulletproof glass as he slipped away.

Odion was left to think about how he had purposefully rushed through Pegasus's chant the night before.

And how grateful he was that Ishizu's soul monster was Keldo.

0000000

The match-ups for the finals had been chosen randomly and delivered with the finalists' new cards, and it was just Peter's luck that he was going first. Mist was heavy outside, and Peter was wet, cold, and wanting to go home. He had skipped out on breakfast so that no one would see him in his mother's chosen outfit, an entire forest green suit that had little business being worn with his untidy hair. At least no one but Pegasus, Kaiba, Joey, and whoever his opponent's guest happened to be would see him up here. It was tournament regulations to keep the duels a secret from the other finalists.

The boy spent another few minutes wallowing in misery before the elevator door across from him opened. At once he didn't feel so bad. Crystal's parents must have been thinking along the same lines as Mai, for her entire outfit was made of the same shimmering blue material. Her hair that was normally kept at shoulder length was tied elegantly into a ponytail. And unless Peter was much mistaken, she had a sea star ornament near the back.

Kaiba stepped out next, followed by a pair of hands barely prying the door open as it closed. To Peter's horror, his dad and the other guy were talking like brothers.

"Honestly, I haven't seen you in… well, there was opening day, but I haven't talked to you in…"

"Are you always this articulate, Joey?" the other man said, before pounding Joey's shoulder and continuing, "This will be a match to remember, eh?"

Before Peter could even question what was going on, Kaiba banged his fist against a pillar, causing two platforms to rise from the ground. Without saying a word, he snapped Crystal's duel disk into place. Peter tried to do the same, though it was easier said than done.

"Let me make this quick," Kaiba began. "The Battle City quarter-finals will take place on this dueling platform in Deckmaster format. I have no database of effects programmed into this platform, so you either have done your homework, or are leaving it up to pure luck."
 
He shot Joey the smallest of distasteful glances.
 
"These enhancers," Kaiba continued, as a holographic generator on the fronts of the pillars roared to life, "are not only to secure the disk, but boost the environment you will be dueling in. Wind, heat, it all will become real, so you had better prepare for it. Now present your Deckmasters!"

Peter didn't have the slightest idea of what to pick, although he took his best guess on effects and prayed. "I choose Luster Dragon," he declared, finally securing his disk with a loud click, and set the monster into place. (2400/1400)

"Water Omotics," Crystal said nonchalantly and also placed the monster on her disk. (1400/1200)

"Now, lower attack power goes first, so let the first finals match of Peter Wheeler versus Crystal Tsunami begin!" With those words, Kaiba stepped to the side as Joey and Mako hushed into expectation.
 
Kaiba had told them to keep it that way. He couldn't stand the thought of Joey cheerleading - it was bad enough back when Yugi was dueling, and he didn't want to know how much worse it would get if Joey was coaching his own son.

P-8000 C-8000

"I begin," Crystal started, "with 7-Colored Fish in attack mode." (1800/800) The new monster shimmered as much as her dress as its gaping mouth looked eager for a first victim.

Peter looked at his opening hand and groaned. Only one monster, but at least it would be good to bluff with. "I summon Spirit Ryu in attack mode (1000/1000) and set two cards facedown. Then I end my turn." Peter was proud of himself at the moment. His Dragon's Tribe and Dragon Capture Jar combo was waiting in the wings for an attack, but it didn't come.
 
"I draw," Crystal stated as she returned to her original hand size, "and I activate the power of my Deckmaster."

Her fish seemed to melt.... no, liquefy in plain view. Water Omotics rose from her spot in the disk, and Peter now realized that the water was coming from the monster's jar. All at once the trickle turned into a torrent, washing away a facedown card.

"In case you haven't noticed," Crystal elaborated, "I can sacrifice a Water creature to destroy a facedown card, and do 500 points of damage to your Life Points!"
 
Peter found this to be true as the score on his wristband lowered.

P-7500 C-8000

Crystal continued her move by summoning a second monster, this time to attack with. "Now I play High Tide Gyojin in Attack Mode!" (1650/1300)

Peter hoped that she would fall for his bluff, but to no avail.

"If you had the dragon cards to power up that monster, you would have done it last turn," Crystal reasoned as her hair wiped around her face. "So now I attack your Spirit Ryu!" The ugly amphibian monster lunged with its webbed claws outstretched, ready to destroy what was, on occasion, Peer's most powerful monster.

The boy knew he had to work fast to save his life points. "Not so fast!  My Dragon Capture Jar will switch my monster to Defense Mode, shielding my Life Points from your attack."
 
The smoke billowed from the enchanted jar in time as the webbed claws sent the tiny blue dragon to the graveyard.

Mako and Joey were whispering to each other on the sidelines, but neither duelist cared. They were only interested in what each other were doing in this match.

Peter counted the cost of his own trap. If he was going to do anything now he needed to either get rid of that Jar, or go around it. He chose the latter as he drew his hand up to four. "Now I summon Harpie's Brother (1800/600) to counter-attack. I hope you're in the mood for sushi!"

The new monster took to the skies and dove at an incredible speed, taking the monster apart with one swipe of his deadly claws.

P-7500 C-7850

Peter finished his turn with another pair of facedown cards and hoped that they would be useful later.

Crystal didn't seem to be taken aback though. On the contrary, she was smiling as she drew up to six. "I didn't think that you would be so helpful, but you've played right into my hands. Now I summon the monster Lekunga in attack mode!" (1700/500)

The new monster was a hideous mix of tentacles and eyes. Peter was once again reliving his experience in the sewers, but at least now it was easier to deal with.

"You may have never heard of this monster," Crystal explained. "If I remove two of my Water monsters in the Graveyard from the game, I can summon two tokens to my field, and you did your part to make that possible."
 
Two eyeballs fell off of the squirming monster with a sickening plop. As they opened, Peter could see both of Crystal's fallen monsters clearly reflected in them. (700/700)

"Now I have two more monsters to sacrifice to my Deckmaster's special power," the girl went on, "so now both of your facedown cards are destroyed."
 
Once again Water Omotics rose from Crystal's disk, absorbing the monsters and sending a powerful jet of water Peter's way.

The dragon duelist couldn't save his Magic Arm Shield, but all wasn't lost. "I use the trap card Barrel Behind the Door, turning 500 points of damage straight back at you!"
 
The ancient cannon captured the blast in midair, sending the wave back to where it had come from. Peter couldn't help but laugh as the enhancers kicked in and soaked Crystal to the bone.

P-7000 C-7350

"I hoped it wouldn't come to this," Crystal began to huff, trying to get her wet hair out of her eyes. "But I see that I need to pull out every trick I have to win this, so I activate Terraforming to search my deck for a field card and add it to my hand. Now feel the awesome splendor of A Legendary Ocean, strengthening all of my Water creatures by 200 points! That's enough to let my Lekunga destroy your birdman!"

As the card was put into play, both duelists felt the rush of water overtake them. The castle now visible over Crystal's shoulder seemed to be filtering the ocean and letting it trickle over the duelist's feet. The chill of the water made Peter shiver where he stood, staring down a now strengthened monster.

Harpie's Brother tried to evade the attack in the skies, but the many tentacles wrestled him to the ground, where the winged man was finished off by a laser blast from Lekunga's main eye.

"Now I set one card and end my turn," Crystal said, and did so.

P-6900 C-7350

Peter was now back where he had started, but now with even fewer options as his hand grew to a measly two. Luckily, those two cards could help him in the long run. "I activate Graceful Charity, and discard Grey Wing and Cave Dragon. Next, I activate Super Rejuvenation to draw two cards for the dragons I just lost." That brought Peter to a grand total of three, and his Capture Jar was still in play.

Peter was stunned as he looked at his hand; these exact three cards were the answer. "Now I use Monster Reborn to revive Spirit Ryu, a monster you destroyed early in the game. Next, I use Polymerization to fuse my Spirit Ryu and Warrior Dai Grepher into the monster known as Ryu Senshi!" (2000/1200)
 
Peter gazed at his new warrior, which was dressed in bright purple armor. Last time, he may have used it as bait to get Bowen to fall into his Last Turn trap, but this time he would use his monster to its full extent. He wouldn't even be able to use it if he hadn't won the Warrior from Musashi. If he had to win this duel a hundred Life Points at a time, then so be it. "Senshi, attack Lekunga now!  Twin-Headed Sword Strike!"

Crystal took the loss in stride by triggering another trap card. "Activate Tornado Wall, which will absorb all of the damage done to me!"

"Not this time," Peter countered. The dragon swordsman seemed to wrap the storm around his blade as he struck, making the impact all the more deadly when it finally hit. "My monster has the power to negate all of your trap cards as long as I pay 1000 Life Points. It may cost me now, but now your Life Points are as wide open as ever!"

P-5900 C-7250
 
Crystal didn't seem to care as she drew to a hand of three. "Laugh all you want now, but I've just drawn the final part of the most powerful combination in my deck. It's not over."

"Bring it on, miss!" Peter challenged. He felt confidence in his monster and that was all that mattered.

"Fine," she said with a light sigh, "but with the power of my A Legendary Ocean in play, I can reduce the level of five-star monsters to four, so I summon my Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness in Attack Mode." (2300/1400)

Orcas are normally very gentle looking creatures, but there must be something about carrying half a dozen cannons on your back that changes your personality. The monster was immense, and the whale stared back at Peter with deep holographic eyes.

"Now Orca, blow the Ryu Senshi away!" Crystal ordered.

To Peter's surprise, the cannons on the creature's back remained dormant, but a sonic blast echoed from the whale's mouth, sending the warrior to oblivion.

P-5600 C-7250

Peter was quickly getting in over his head and he knew it. There were only a few cards that he could draw now if he wanted even the slimmest shot at victory.
 
The card he drew was a long shot, but at least it would get Crystal off of his back for a while. "I activate the magic card Scapegoat, setting a wall of defenders to keep you busy for a few turns." Peter sounded tough, but he knew that his four goat tokens wouldn't last long.

"How desperate," Crystal scoffed. "I'll show you a real play, by summoning my Torpedo Fish in attack mode. (1000/1000) and activating my magic card, Turtle Oath, a ritual that I will invoke my tributing Deepsea Warrior (1600/1800), Cannonball Spear Shellfish (1000/1000), and my Deckmaster, Water Omotics!" Due to the new rules, Deckmasters could be tributed only once for a Ritual or Tribute Summon. As long as Crystal had the summoned monster, she was safe. The girl found it to be annoying that she needed more monsters due to the level-lowering power of her magic card, but it would all be worth it in the end.

The sacrificed monsters reflected for a moment on the back of a highly decorated turtle shell. A surge of power burst the shell open, spreading decorative beads across the arena. What came forth was a hideous mix of fish and amphibian, glaring with a single bloodshot eye.
 
"I present to you my Crab Turtle!" Crystal announced, as the full power of her new creature became apparent. (2750/2700)

Peter was only glad that she didn't have a Fairy Meteor Crush or he would be a sitting duck. He was suddenly quite aware of how desperate his situation was. Three of his four goats were torn apart before him by the total onslaught of Crystal's monsters.

"Now the fun begins," Crystal continued. "If I tribute my Torpedo Fish to the ability of my Orca, I can instantly destroy any monster in play."

Peter all but cowered as he thought of what that meant. His last defense was gone.

The reason for the cannons was now apparent as the whale carefully took the monster in its mouth and lowered a cannon on its back. A ring of smoke billowed from the cannon's mouth as the impact rocked the arena, seeming a bit over the top for a little scapegoat.

Well, so much for that, Peter thought. Four monsters down the drain in a single turn. The boy drew a single card, not really knowing if it would be enough to do anything. Fortunately, it was one card that a duelist is always grateful to get. "I activate Pot of Greed and draw two cards."

Crystal winced in annoyance, for she knew what it did.

Peter did a quick calculation for a moment, and pondered the possibilities. Suddenly, the comforting purr of Peter's Deckmaster reached his ear, and he finally knew what he could do. "Get ready, Crystal. I use the Deckmaster ability of my Luster Dragon to special summon Luster Dragon #2 from my deck in Attack Mode! (1900/1600) Now, I set two cards facedown and end my turn."

Crystal didn't know what the kid was playing at. His monster didn't stand a chance against hers, especially with Peter's own Capture Jar keeping it in Defense Mode. She was all too happy to show him the hard way, however. "Nice bluff, but I'm ready with a good move of my own, starting with the magic card Salvage to bring two weaker Water monsters to my hand. To get rid of the risk, I choose Water Omotics and Torpedo Fish."

Instead of returning to the girl's hand, the woman returned to her deck master position on the sidelines. Crystal had no intention of using the ability just yet, however. "Now I resummon Torpedo Fish, and once that dragon is destroyed I can take the rest of your Life Points with it!"

It was just what Peter was hoping for. "Sorry, but unless your monsters are immune to traps I've just foiled your combo. Activate Burst Breath!"
 
Fire glowed in the dragon's eyes, a fire that flowed to its mouth as most of Crystal's monsters were incinerated. The Crab Turtle's defense, however, was too high, allowing it to escape unscathed. Peter knew that he was now defenseless, but it was a small price to pay if his plan was going to work.

Crystal's eyes were in full fury now. This was getting slightly ridiculous. "You may have gotten away from that one, but my Crab Turtle will still severely damage your Life Points. Coral Crusher attack!" Crystal commanded with a furious roar.

Peter thought quickly and came prepared. "Not this turn. Reveal Ring of Destruction, damaging us both by 2750 points and destroying your Crab Turtle!"
 
Crystal seethed in her own fury as one of her greatest beasts was taken from her command.

P-2850 C-4500

Crystal's entire strategy was torn to pieces in an instant. It would take a miracle to help her now, and it was Peter's turn.

Peter drew.  It wasn't the monster that he was hoping for, but it would have to do for now. "I call my Deckmaster to the field, and use the power of Stamping Destruction to destroy my Dragon Capture Jar!"
 
It was a move that Peter had used countless times, but the enhancer made him feel the blow as he sacrificed even more of his Life Points.

P-2350 C-4500

"Luster Dragon, attack with Emerald Shards!" he continued.  The dragon inhaled, and gem fragments burned across the field.

The enhancers brought little pricks of pressure to Crystal's skin as the emerald shards hit their mark.

P-2350 C-2100

It wasn't Crystal's day, but her next card seemed to turn things in her favor. "I set a card facedown and end my turn."

This was it for Peter; he was just a stone's throw away from victory. He didn't even bother to summon a new monster; he just ordered the attack for the win.

Crystal however, was not so blinded by the rush for victory. "Sorry, kid, but I activate the card I created just for this tournament. It's a continuous trap card I like to call Strait of Messina!" Peter was familiar with the story of the strait, but waited for Crystal to explain. "This trap gives my opponent a choice whenever one of their monsters attacks. You can either weaken the monster by 600 points for the attack, or you can flip a coin and hope to get lucky. If heads the monster attacks as usual, but if tails, the monster is destroyed."

Peter gulped. He was so close to victory. If that coin toss fell right he could win in a single blow. But if it fell wrong, his Deckmaster would be crushed, and him with it. Peter gazed at his father, watching silently on the sidelines. He knew that he would be willing to make that risk.
 
Peter, however, was not. "Not what you hoped for, I'm sure, but I'll take the weakening effect."

The large emerald creature flew through the narrow trench created by the trap card. All of a sudden, six dragon-like heads swooped down from the left cliff, as if a monster lay hidden by the rocks. Six heads struck the attacking dragon., but then the dragon attacked Crystal, letting her hold on for dear life as her Life Points dropped to a sliver.

P-2350 C-300

Crystal took her turn in stride, setting her new monster to the defense as soon as possible.

Peter looked at his new draw. Dragon Dwelling in the Cave (1300/2000) was a weak monster, and it needed all of the Attack Points it could get. Peter decided to chance the attack over the other side before worrying about anything else. He quickly summoned the beast and prayed for the attack to get through.

The waters over the right bank of Crystal's holographic ravine held calm, not swallowing the monster; it did, however, bounce off of the Maiden of the Aqua's high defensive power. (900/2200)

P-1450 C-300

Crystal looked relieved as her next card came to her aid. "I set a card to end my turn."

It was time for Peter to attack again; unfortunately, his Luster Dragon couldn't destroy the monster with the weakening effect, and his other dragon was even worse off. Peter was longing for his own new card, but as he looked at the new draw, he realized he didn't need it. "Alright, Crystal, you've shown me your best, now prepare for mine. I sacrifice my two monsters to summon the mighty Tyrant Dragon!" (2900/2500)

"Not so fast!" Crystal yelled, finger over her facedown card.  "You've triggered my Torrential Tribute, which sends all of our monsters to the graveyard!"

Peter was afraid of losing... until his dragon took to the skies in anticipation. He had almost forgotten that Tyrant Dragon was immune to triggering traps.  It then hit him that it was only immune to targeting traps, but he kept his lips shut and hoped Crystal didn't know that.

"Cancel that," Crystal said, blushing a bit as her finger pulled back from the button.  She couldn't afford to drown her one monster.

Exhaling, Peter relaxed a bit and announced, "Tyrant Dragon, take out Maiden of the Aqua with Imperial Inferno!"

Even as the six dragon heads preyed upon the mighty beast, it was still enough to get past Crystal's monster, and hopefully enough to secure Peter victory in the next turn.

The girl looked on in fright at the new monster, but as she drew, a wicked smirk crossed the girl's face. "Who said you have seen my strongest? My best monster has yet to be seen, but first I call my Deckmaster to the field again."
 
The monster appeared so fast that she was not even recognizable before she was sacrificed.
 
"Now by using the power of A Legendary Ocean, I sacrifice her to summon the great Levia-Dragon - Daedalus!" (2800/1700)

The giant sea serpent wrapped itself around the splendid castle, squeezing it until it cracked.

Crystal looked smug as ever as she declared her final play. "When I sacrifice my field card, Daedalus will wipe out everything on the field save itself. It has been such a pleasure dueling you, but I'm afraid I have to win."

With that, the castle crumbled in the monster's grasp, sending a destructive flood over the entire field. Crystal closed her eyes as the enhancers drenched her, but it was all worth it to be in a spot for the finals. She couldn't wait to hear the announcement.

It came just as the girl was getting the water from her eyes. "And the official winner is Peter Wheeler!"

Crystal choked as she saw the blurry vision of her father in shock. She scanned the field, noticing her great beast was no longer there. It made no sense, why was her monster destroyed?
 
The answer became clear as she caught a last-minute glimpse of a Luster Dragon hanging to the remains of a Rope of Life trap card. Without her Strait even in consideration, Peter had attacked her for the win while the water blinded her.

P-1450 C-0

Mako was still speechless as he escorted his daughter to the elevator. She had put up a brilliant fight, and he was proud of her.

0000000

Downstairs, Peter couldn't resist giving Derik the play by play on his duel. All in all he seemed quite impressed.

"Do you think she's a nice girl?" Derik asked.

Peter rolled his eyes and said, "I don't think she's your type."

Dropping that line of questioning, Derik went on, "So, how do you feel?"

"Tired," came the one word response.

Derik burst into a fit of giggles.

"Hey, you laugh," Peter warned. "But you're going next."

Indeed, the next round was Derik versus Logos, and with the way that Logos was acting the night before, it was hard to tell if Derik was looking forward to it or not.

STRAIT OF MESSINA
Continuous Trap Card
Image: A long stretch of water, flanked on one side by a hideous six-headed beast and on the other by a raging whirlpool.
Effect: When your opponent declares an attack, they must choose one of the following options:
- Reduce the attacking monster's ATK by 600 until the end of the turn.
- Flip a coin.  If heads, the monster attacks as normal; if tails, the monster is destroyed.
LUSTER DRAGON
Deckmaster Effect: Once per game, you may Special Summon a “Luster Dragon #2” (1900/1600) from your hand, deck, or Graveyard.
 
WATER OMOTICS
Deckmaster Effect: During your Main Phase, you may Tribute a WATER-type monster. If you do, destroy a Magic or Trap card on your opponent's field.

Coming next chapter: Derik's had bad luck in picking fully sane opponents.  But while his opponents up to now have just acted crazy, his next foe is legally crazy!  Now Derik has to pit his Dark Magician against Logos, a madman with a mad, multifaceted strategy.  It just keeps getting stranger in Chapter Sixteen, "Logos, Fractured Mind"!